Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How much were the Match Game panelists paid for their appearances?

It didn't appear to be full time work, even for the regulars. Anyone know what they made? I'm wondering about Hollywood Squares, too. How about Gene Rayburn and Peter Marshall?

by Anonymousreply 1410/29/2013

I don't know how much they made, but I recall reading once that the 5 weekly shows were all recorded on one day.

by Anonymousreply 110/29/2013

Unless they were regulars like Brett and Charles, panelists likely received union scale per day.

The hosts of the program, of course, made more than scale.

by Anonymousreply 210/29/2013

Brett went on record on one of those Game Show specials that both she and Charles made $500 per show. Which in today's money would be about $10,000 per week. Gene made much more and Richard did well also. In that same special Brett makes it clear that she hated Richard and had no fondness for Elaine Joyce.

by Anonymousreply 310/29/2013

If theyw ere all filmed in one day, would the panel be blitzed by Friday?

by Anonymousreply 410/29/2013

Figures? How much was scale? How much is "much more"? I imagine scale was much less back then (even adjusted for inflation); is that true? Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 510/29/2013

SAG-AFTRA scale today for principal performer day rate (non-dramatic program 30 min) is $846, so imagining it was a third or less of that in those days.

by Anonymousreply 610/29/2013

I think they were paid in booze. They always seem pretty trashed in those episodes.

by Anonymousreply 710/29/2013

R7 beat me to it. There's a great episode where Ed Asner is high as a kite. I think he was smoking a joint with Brett and Charles before he went on.

by Anonymousreply 810/29/2013

OP seems to mistake the DL for the Census Bureau, Four more questions in that later post.

Ever hear of Google, or are you too busy calling other posters names in other threads not of your own demanding making?

by Anonymousreply 910/29/2013

Charles got paid in blowjobs from the CBS pages.

by Anonymousreply 1010/29/2013

Even though they worked one day, they get paid for every show. So take the scale rate and multiply by five.

by Anonymousreply 1110/29/2013

[quote]If theyw ere all filmed in one day, would the panel be blitzed by Friday?

They filmed the week's episodes in order -- five shows in one day -- and the week's later shows were done after a heavy drinking lunch. Brett said the "Thursday" and "Friday" shows were the messiest.

Other trivia: If Gene Rayburn thought CNR was getting far too queeny (which took a lot), he would signal Charles to butch it up by calling him "Chuck."

by Anonymousreply 1210/29/2013

Thanks R6 and R11.

[quote] Other trivia: If Gene Rayburn thought CNR was getting far too queeny (which took a lot), he would signal Charles to butch it up by calling him "Chuck."

This is brilliant! Haven't seen that yet, but I did notice a few times when things were really on the verge of provoking the censors Rayburn would suddenly go all poker-faced and steer the conversation elsewhere [italic] pronto!

by Anonymousreply 1410/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.