Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

When did they invent bulimia?

Old actress were thin too. They must have vomited a lot back in the days of Hepurn (Audrey and Katharine) etc too.

Why didn't we here about it is much?

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 1811/05/2013

Maria Riva talks about her mother's bulimia in her fantastic biography. Starving herself most of the time, Dietrich went on eating binges and threw it up most her life.

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 110/31/2013

The ancient Romans made it chic with their vomitoriums all over the city. They could gorge on feasts all night, bring it all up, and start all over again in all night orgy of excessive partying and personal indulgences. The sewers that lined the streets were full of vomit.

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 211/05/2013

I think you can make the statement that in the past generally most usual behavior or behavior thought to be aberrant whether it was or not i.e., homosexuality, as not talked about, perhaps even identified. Even depression was kept secret. Most emotional or psycological problems were thought to be signs of weakness or moral inferiority.

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 411/05/2013

It was invented on the same day when Orientals became Asians.

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 511/05/2013

OP forgets that once upon a time you could hold down a full-time career while smoking two packs of filterless cigarettes a day and knocking back OTC pep pills. You didn't have time to be a toilet goer.

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 611/05/2013

[quote]The ancient Romans made it chic with their vomitoriums all over the city. They could gorge on feasts all night, bring it all up, and start all over again in all night orgy of excessive partying and personal indulgences. The sewers that lined the streets were full of vomit.

In an attempt to be snarky (or is he just ignorant), R2 is just passing on old misinformation. Read up on what a vomitorium really is. You've probably used one.

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 711/05/2013

[quote]Why didn't we here about it is much?

Oh, deer.

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 811/05/2013

In your case, OP, I think you just need a good diuretic - all that water will make you bloated.

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 911/05/2013

Audrey Hepburn had a lifelong severe eating disorder.

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 1011/05/2013

Thanks, R7, you taught me something!

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 1111/05/2013

Thomas Edison invented bulimia. Film was still in the silent age, so the actresses didn't talk about it.

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 1211/05/2013

I heard they made Judy Garland swallow a tapeworm.

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 1311/05/2013

R2, and the world. A Roman vomitorium has NOTHING to do with vomit! A vomitorium is a series of corridors which open up onto a larger, wider corridor. Think of the exits to the Colloseum.

R2 apparently was forced to go to a community college.

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 1411/05/2013

OMG! OP is on to us!

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 1511/05/2013

That was covered on Reddit two months ago, R14.

Stop pretending your edumacated.

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 1611/05/2013

In the 1800s women wore corsets so tight they could eat hardly anything. It was kind of like an external version of lap band surgery.

Their internal organs were jammed so tightly that gas would get trapped in the intestines. This would cause women to become woozy, hence "the vapors."

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 1711/05/2013

Was there a lot of farting when the corsets came off, r17? We never see that in period dramas.

by the camera adds 10 ponds, bitchreply 1811/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.