Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Meet The Florida Men Who Got Dressed Up As George Zimmerman And Trayvon Martin For Halloween

A pair of Florida men decided to celebrate Halloween this year by dressing up as George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin, complete with blackface and blood-stained hoodie.

The image of the duo (click to enlarge) was uploaded Friday to the Facebook page of Caitlin Cimeno, a Martha’s Vineyard native who captioned the photo “Happy Halloween from Zimmerman & trayvon.” Cimeno, flanked in the photo by the two men, followed those words with a smiley face emoticon.

Greg Cimeno, 22, portrayed Zimmerman, complete with a “Neighborhood Watch” t-shirt. Cimeno lives in Cape Coral, Florida, where he appears to work for a carpentry firm.

William Filene, 25, dressed up as Martin, covering his face in black paint and donning a gray sweatshirt with a single bullet hole surrounded by fake blood. Filene, who also lives in Cape Coral, was arrested in June for felony auto theft. His rap sheet also included collars for loitering/prowling and failing to register an automobile.

In a plea deal, Filene copped to the auto theft charge during an August hearing in Lee County Circuit Court. He was sentenced to 18 months probation, and now has his own page on the Florida Department of Corrections web site (which includes this mug shot).

After Caitlin Cimeno posted the photo to her Facebook account (which she has since scrubbed), Greg Cimeno responded to comments about the image. “Anything for the laugh,” he declared. When one of Caitlin’s friends wrote that the photo was “Not too funny,” Greg replied, “Not too funny. It’s fucking hilarious!!!”

In Facebook posts last year, Cimeno referred to elderly women who wore tight pants and tube tops as “tacos,” and, when requesting that a friend contact her, she wrote, “Text ne niggs.” In August, Cimeno also posted a photo of an African American girl wearing a t-shirt reading “Black Girls Rock.” In her accompanying caption, Cimeno wrote, “First of all, sorry Hun but mommy lied to you & secondly if I was wearing a shirt that said something like the truth 'white girls rock' I would be stared at and called a racist cracker.”

Filene, Caitlin Cimeno, and Greg Cimeno are pictured below out of costume.

by Anonymousreply 3110/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 110/29/2013

I love it. He's been convicted for prowling and theft. Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 210/29/2013

this reminds me of the couples I've seen dressed up as Sharon Tate and Charles Manson. Not funny and in very bad taste!

by Anonymousreply 310/29/2013

[quote]I love it. He's been convicted for prowling and theft. Jesus Christ.

Perhaps Zimmerman would've been of better use in that neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 410/29/2013

I love this comment:

wow it is a lot of messed up posts on this thread. When did George become the white man's hero? When EVER is it cool to paint yourself up in black face.

I get it....you guys are the folks who want your country back. So when you are not busy shutting the government down because you don't get your way, you are busy being trolling racists who support complete ignorance.

Here is what's going to happen: Immigration reform will happen, and then your dwindling voices will become even weaker. your kids will date black and Latino kids because they hate your ignorance and they use that computer box you use to communicate and learn not spew ignorance.

you will never get your country back. you will see another black president. Matter of fact, you will see a Latino president.

May your worst nightmares come true.

by Anonymousreply 510/29/2013

So Fucking What

by Anonymousreply 710/29/2013

I don't understand why so many people hate a dead teenager.

Had Zimmerman done what he was told, Trayvon would be alive today.

by Anonymousreply 810/29/2013

Stay classy, Florida.

by Anonymousreply 910/29/2013

Really so what. People dress in costumes. Everyone is getting upset at the costumes. Zzzz.

by Anonymousreply 1010/29/2013

But, R10, are't you amused by the fact that the guy dressed as Martin has actually been arrested for prowling and loitering and convicted of stealing a car?

by Anonymousreply 1110/29/2013

Because in the minds of many, that dead teenager was "up to no good." He's being judged in death by strangers who think they know what kind of a person he was in life.

As far as they are concerned, Zimmerman was doing society a favor. Perhaps when it's someone in their life who gets gunned down minding their own business, they'll feel differently.

by Anonymousreply 1210/29/2013

R13 exactly. It's not funny in any way. Getting a laugh out of a murder victim is not acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 1510/29/2013

I hope 4chan is on Mr. Filene.

by Anonymousreply 1610/29/2013

[quote]If you're gay, I wonder how you'd feel if someone dressed as a dead Matthew Shepard, incl. a fence attached to his back.

Someone did, a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1710/29/2013

What r15?

Ever read a... What was on her/his IPOD thread?

We laugh at victims(including murder victims) all the damn time!

by Anonymousreply 1810/29/2013

costumes of poor taste have been around probably long before some queen pinned on a blood covered pink pill box hat.

by Anonymousreply 1910/29/2013

R18, would you do that in your real life, though? Anonymity is the only reason it's done here.

Going out in public, dressed as someone who was brutally-murdered is not the same as a tasteless messageboard.

by Anonymousreply 2110/29/2013

Dl is part of our REAL lives.

by Anonymousreply 2210/29/2013

How the hell dies something like this qualify as news? I saw this on a morning news broadcast and was just flabbergasted. It's the stupidest costume I've seen this year, offensive as Hell, indicative of small minds. But you know what else it is? A bunch of nobodies, in a photo posted to someone's Facebook page. So the fuck what? These people are not celebrities or leaders; they're social retards hanging out with other social retards. And if they also did an anti gay costume, yes. My reaction would be the same. So what? We know there are racist homophobes in this world; this is just a photo of at least two of them. Not news, not worthy of attention. Move on and get upset about something else where anger can make a difference. .

by Anonymousreply 2310/29/2013

R20, your false equivalency and reflexive near-homophobia are proof that, unlike your rhetorical dichotomous bullshit suggests, an asshole such as you can be both consistent AND a hypocrite.

Now let's see if you, in your dazed and smug pose of superiority, you can register exactly what it was about your post that was ethically unacceptable. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2410/29/2013

The only time a Halloween costume pissed me off is when Bill Maher dressed up as bloody Steve Irwin, complete with a barb sticking out of his heart.

by Anonymousreply 2510/29/2013

Why that and not this, R26?

by Anonymousreply 2610/29/2013

I hope their lives are destroyed by this.

by Anonymousreply 2710/29/2013

.... because I still think Zimmerman acted in self-defense.

by Anonymousreply 2810/29/2013

[quote].... because I still think Zimmerman acted in self-defense.

That's what the stingray said, too.

by Anonymousreply 2910/29/2013

Martha's Vineyard? Filene's? These are some real classy Massholes.

by Anonymousreply 3010/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.