Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are Jewish families more tolerant and accepting of their gay children?

Is there research on this? I would think Reform parents are very different than Orthodox ones.

by Anonymousreply 2810/29/2013

Most Jews that I know are pretty liberal, but they're either secular/cultural Jews or reformed.

by Anonymousreply 110/28/2013

Jewish families are accepting of gays as long AS THEY ARE IN OTHER PEOPLE'S FAMILIES.

Jewish mothers don't really accept their kids on any level, they could always have been better.

Daddies love their little girls though.

by Anonymousreply 210/28/2013

As a jew, I think so. We adore our gay family members

by Anonymousreply 310/28/2013

Only if he marries a doctah.

by Anonymousreply 410/29/2013

My Mom loves me a lot.

by Anonymousreply 510/29/2013

r4, you beat me to it!

by Anonymousreply 610/29/2013

A knew a Jewish guy who's mother was far more upset that he paired up with a gentile than the fact that the gentile was another man. Seriously, she'd rather see him with another Jew of either sex than a goy of either sex

by Anonymousreply 710/29/2013

Anti-Semitic thread.

by Anonymousreply 810/29/2013

They are as long as at least one male reproduces genetically. Otherwise, they are phobic as royalty.

by Anonymousreply 910/29/2013

They are because goys were openly gay first so it cannot be seen as something the goy look down on them or stigmatize them about. If there were no gay goys, they would be verklepmpt about it. They are so frightened that they will not be able to assimmilate. So, anything to be like the goy... except for their holidays. Don't fuck with their holidays.

by Anonymousreply 1010/29/2013

Run the gamut, just like other families.

by Anonymousreply 1110/29/2013

It depends. Only in an Orthodox family would parents behave as poorly as my Catholic parents did.

by Anonymousreply 1210/29/2013

R10 = psycho

by Anonymousreply 1410/29/2013

I come from an orthodox background and my family is very accepting. My brother in law is a modern-orthodox rabbi and my sister wears a wig. I'm still observant (keep kosher in apartment, go to shul). Here's my dilemma...On paper, I'd prefer to date and partner with a Jewish guy...for cultural reasons...but the type of guys I'm attracted to usually don't have a Jewish last name lol. I like tall, blond, athletic boy-next-door types, and I haven't met any Jewish guys like this. I've tried dating non-Jewish guys, but they can't put up with my religious issues. So the guys I want to fuck are not datable, and the guys I want to date are not fuckable. Help me solve this problem.

by Anonymousreply 1610/29/2013

R10 contributing nothing but incoherent rants and excess capitalization. Still a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 1710/29/2013

what's not to like?

by Anonymousreply 1810/29/2013

[quote] So the guys I want to fuck are not datable, and the guys I want to date are not fuckable. Help me solve this problem.

I'm Jewish and my family is very tolerant, but we're Conservative. I've heard horror stories from Orthodox friends, though most no longer consider themselves Orthodox. My mother would very much like me to settle down with a nice Jewish boy, but like R16 I have the same problem. If you look like you could have went to my Hebrew school I'm not interested. I've had luck with non-traditionally Jewish looking Jews, particularly foreign born.

by Anonymousreply 1910/29/2013

[quote]If you look like you could have [bold]went[/bold] to my Hebrew school I'm not interested.

Oy, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2010/29/2013

It's fine R20. Many guys overlook minor spelling errors when they see how big my cock is.

by Anonymousreply 2110/29/2013

Well bring it on, R21. I can overlook LOTS of things if I can get with a large, nicely cut slice of Kosher meat.

by Anonymousreply 2210/29/2013

Nothing's as delicious As a boy who eats knishes.

by Anonymousreply 2310/29/2013

Don't you mean c-ck, R21?

by Anonymousreply 2410/29/2013

W&W for R24. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 2510/29/2013

Since Jews come from a history of persecution and hate they tend to be more accepting.. My mom would pick a gay Jewish boyfriend anyday over a gentile girl.

by Anonymousreply 2610/29/2013

Oy Vey.

by Anonymousreply 2710/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!