Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anyone here taking food-grade diatomaceous earth as a supplement?

I know some people who swear by it, and there's no real research posted on the internet. It seems odd but, again, I've heard four different people saying how their digestion has improved, and that they've seen other positive effects.

by Anonymousreply 1410/29/2013

Sounds like old fashioned geophagy to me.

by Anonymousreply 110/28/2013

I've given it to my cats as a natural flea killer and anthelmintic. My sister takes it and swears by it. She hasn't had worms either, since she started it ....

by Anonymousreply 210/28/2013

Isn't that what I use on my pool filter?

by Anonymousreply 310/28/2013

Wouldn't that long and narrow microstructure resemble asbestos?

by Anonymousreply 410/28/2013

Oooohhh, gurl, yur guts in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 510/29/2013

I bought a five-pound bag of it after a neighbor had bedbugs. I just tasted it. Never swallowed.

by Anonymousreply 610/29/2013

r6 Yeah, that's what they all say.

by Anonymousreply 710/29/2013

OP you are from Appalachia, are you not?

by Anonymousreply 810/29/2013

OP, every now and then me and my wife Fern and our six kids go outside and naw the bark off some big old pine trees. I recommend it to you as it aids in the digestion.

by Anonymousreply 910/29/2013

Ma Joad has stopped signing her posts

by Anonymousreply 1010/29/2013

Actually, I'm not from Appalachia. I resent that sort of insinuation. How dare you.

My family is from the Ozarks, I'll have you know.

by Anonymousreply 1110/29/2013

You could pop a few rabbit turds and get the same effect, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1210/29/2013

R5, industrial DE is not the same as food grade and only food grade should be used by people for themselves or their pets. I have used it for fleas on my dogs and it has been effective. It is also effective for bed bugs.

by Anonymousreply 1310/29/2013

Anyway, just tell him that I have been a Southerner all my life, and I can vouch for the fact the we do eat a lot of things down here ... and we've certainly all had our share of grits and biscuits and gravy, and I myself have probably eaten enough fried chicken to feed a Third World country -- not to mention barbecue, cornbread, watermelon, fried pies, okra, and, yes, if I were being perfectly candid, I would have to admit we have also eaten our share of crow. And for all I know, during the darkest, leanest years of the Civil War, some of us may have had a Yankee or two for breakfast. But ... speaking for myself and hundreds of thousands of my Southern ancestors who have evolved through many decades of poverty, strife and turmoil, I would like for Mr. Weaks to know that we have surely eaten many things in the past, and we will surely eat many things in the future, but -- God as my witness -- we have never, I repeat, never eaten dirt!

by Anonymousreply 1410/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!