Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kings of Camp

Which of our brethren are keeping the flame alive for future babygays?

by Anonymousreply 1110/29/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 110/28/2013

Yea, but sorry OP. Camp really doesn't appeal to those of us born after 1980. In fact, we find it kind of embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 210/28/2013

R2, camp doesn't appeal to many of us born before -- in my case, well before -- 1980. But I hate Halloween, too.

by Anonymousreply 310/28/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 410/28/2013

I had no idea that camp was so hated in America. It's less of an issue in England.

Graham Norton carries the camp torch and does it well.

by Anonymousreply 510/28/2013

For the life of me, I just don't get drag. What is so special about moving your mouth along to a recording of someone else's music? There's no talent in that. Anyone could do it.

by Anonymousreply 610/28/2013

Camp and drag are not mutually exclusive (obviously) but they aren't always the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 710/28/2013

Considering how much of camp has become mainstream in modern society, I have to roll my eyes at the bitches who say camp is unappealing because they were born after year xxxx.

by Anonymousreply 810/28/2013

R8 Can you give us some examples of camp being mainstream?

by Anonymousreply 910/29/2013

Every time Ryan Reynolds opens his mouth camp is reborn. Ross the Intern may be another example but at least he admits it!

by Anonymousreply 1010/29/2013

There's a show on Blip and I'm convinced these kids are bringing camp back. They play a variety of different crazy characters - there's a Michele Bachmann type, a gender reversed Mama Rose type, a country western duo, a scary pray the gay away preacher and his wife, etc. It's really pretty funny and the production values are quite good.

Check it out and see for yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 1110/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.