Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Food Network and Cooking Channel

Food Network was an informative programmer with interesting, different series covering lots of different styles of food.

Cooking Channel is the spinoff, re-branded from Fine Living a few years ago.

This past Saturday, Cooking Channel ran some series marathon of donut-making episodes. Food Network was also running some game-show type programming.

Should these programmers just … go away?

by Anonymousreply 810/29/2013

I'm up to HERE!!! with these competition shows. Yes, we get it, cooking can be an awful, tiring and frustrating world,and someone eventually comes out on top, but enough is enough. Donuts can be frosted in a gazillion ways, and cotton candy and lambs' tongues make a great appetizer, but let's get back to the real deal, please?

by Anonymousreply 110/28/2013

It's gonna get worse. There's a talk show called "The Scoop" coming to Food Network. Not sure who the host(s) is.

by Anonymousreply 210/28/2013

Please let the host be Bobby Flay...he has so much personality and charm it's sickening.

by Anonymousreply 310/28/2013

Sickening = Flay? Yep, I buy that.

by Anonymousreply 410/28/2013

Like any other business, the Food Network is just going where the money is, and it's in reality programming: dirt cheap to produce, ratings winners, generates a lot of interest in the viewing public, and it provides them with an endless stream of new talent from which to pick and choose. Ever notice how when they like someone, they appear on multiple shows? There's a female chef - Penny - who was on Chopped, then the next Food Network Star, and she keeps turning up on other shows. Same with the dumb-as-rocks Verushka (although one of her responses to a question on Star was priceless, talking about how she doesn't do well under pressure and rather just plies her guests with wine and takes her time). I imagine Bobby Flay was fucking both of them.

But don't get me started on the inanity that is Alton Brown. He's sufferable on Iron Chef, less so on Star, but his new show (Kitchen Cutthroat?) is just awful.

I wish they'd get back to some instructional cooking shows again. They don't have to run them all the time, but I really enjoyed some of the shows that actually tried to teach you how to make things, step-by-step.

by Anonymousreply 510/28/2013

I am proud to say I have never watched even 3 minutes of any of the aforementioned television shows nor am I familiar with any of the names dropped.

by Anonymousreply 610/28/2013

R4=Stephanie March, waiting for Dick Wolf's call

by Anonymousreply 710/28/2013

And that's why you're posting on a thread concerning the Food Network, Mr Man.

by Anonymousreply 810/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!