Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

female firefighters

Have you ever known a female firefighter?

by Anonymousreply 710/28/2013

Our area is served entirely by volunteer fire fighters and a female workmate has been with them for years. She's getting ready for the season coming up, but was not called upon for the recent bushfires up north.

by Anonymousreply 110/28/2013

Yes, a couple. Why? One nice woman. Rural area. Respected by the other firefighters. Straight.

One in San Francisco, gay woman, put through hell by male co-workers but worked her way up. retired now.

Third I did not know personally, but enjoyed seeing her at a gay pride parade. Twin sister to an actress that was in Baywatch...can't remember her name now.

by Anonymousreply 210/28/2013

No but I've known a few fire crotches.

by Anonymousreply 310/28/2013

I was one. Volunteer. Quit when the department would not supply any equipment that actually fit. Not turnouts or boots or such, but the masks that you need to form a seal on your face when you're using SCBA gear.

I'm also femme lesbian, and most of the other women in the department were straight and femme. Or femme-ish, anyway.

It was pretty fun stuff. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 410/28/2013

I have known many, spent the day with a group of friends at several wineries yesterday. One of the gals is a firefighter.

The fire chief in my little town used to be a woman. Another near by fire district had a woman fire chief.

by Anonymousreply 510/28/2013

No, but I don't personally know any fire fighters.

by Anonymousreply 610/28/2013

Yes, unfortunately

by Anonymousreply 710/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.