Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

female firefighters

Have you ever known a female firefighter?

by Anonymousreply 710/28/2013

Our area is served entirely by volunteer fire fighters and a female workmate has been with them for years. She's getting ready for the season coming up, but was not called upon for the recent bushfires up north.

by Anonymousreply 110/28/2013

Yes, a couple. Why? One nice woman. Rural area. Respected by the other firefighters. Straight.

One in San Francisco, gay woman, put through hell by male co-workers but worked her way up. retired now.

Third I did not know personally, but enjoyed seeing her at a gay pride parade. Twin sister to an actress that was in Baywatch...can't remember her name now.

by Anonymousreply 210/28/2013

No but I've known a few fire crotches.

by Anonymousreply 310/28/2013

I was one. Volunteer. Quit when the department would not supply any equipment that actually fit. Not turnouts or boots or such, but the masks that you need to form a seal on your face when you're using SCBA gear.

I'm also femme lesbian, and most of the other women in the department were straight and femme. Or femme-ish, anyway.

It was pretty fun stuff. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 410/28/2013

I have known many, spent the day with a group of friends at several wineries yesterday. One of the gals is a firefighter.

The fire chief in my little town used to be a woman. Another near by fire district had a woman fire chief.

by Anonymousreply 510/28/2013

No, but I don't personally know any fire fighters.

by Anonymousreply 610/28/2013

Yes, unfortunately

by Anonymousreply 710/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!