Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The one thing I hate about this time of year: Static Fucking Electricity

There must be a way to eliminate this horrid scourge upon man.

by Anonymousreply 1911/01/2013

Moisture is your friend. Get a humidifier.

by Anonymousreply 110/27/2013

If you can't afford a humidifier, a spritz bottle filled with water and used every couple of hours will work too. don't spray water directly over electronics, but in the middle of the floor. In the car, a small can of static guard works well for a couple of weeks for every spray.

by Anonymousreply 210/27/2013

Put a pan of water on to boil for while, it will humidify the house

by Anonymousreply 310/27/2013

Also, instead of running a bathroom fan to remove humidity while showering, leave the fan off and the bathroom door open to help humidify the rest of the house.

(Depending on your need for privacy, of course!)

by Anonymousreply 410/27/2013

Bring the garden hose inside and soak your carpets and upholstered furniture.

by Anonymousreply 510/27/2013

Not really a problem on the West Coast. The winters are more humid than the summers. (It's the rainy season, such as it is.)

by Anonymousreply 610/27/2013

Carry a dryer sheet in your pockets. Rub your hands on it to reduce electrical shocks. Run it quickly and lightly over your hair when your hair has that stuck-my finger-in-an-electrical-socket look.

Works

by Anonymousreply 710/27/2013

Use a Bounce dryer bar as a sex toy.

by Anonymousreply 810/27/2013

OP, none of the humidifier stuff works as well as applying moisturizing cream. I have longish hair and cream rinse works for the static electricity. When your clothes stick to your legs and arms just apply moisturizing cream scented or unscented.

by Anonymousreply 910/27/2013

Wear a lightening rod.

by Anonymousreply 1010/27/2013

Have your mechanic attach a rubber strip to your undercarriage that touches the road. Modern tires are composite materials that actually conduct more static electricity, which is why your car always shocks you. You can eliminate this problem with the rubber strap.

by Anonymousreply 1110/28/2013

I dunno I kinda like blue bolts of lightening shooting out of my fingertips. It's the whole pain thing that's bogus.

by Anonymousreply 1210/28/2013

[quote] a lightening rod

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 1310/28/2013

The late Michael Jackson was very pleased with his lightening rods. But he never kept one after it was 12 years old.

by Anonymousreply 1410/28/2013

R13 Maybe he needs to have his rod lightened.

by Anonymousreply 1510/28/2013

Does Lightning Lad know about this?

by Anonymousreply 1610/28/2013

Having lived in the NM/CO for over a decade, I don't even notice it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1710/28/2013

Static electricity doesn't bother me, but it does my pets. They think I'm being mean sometimes when I shock them when petting them.

Surely with their fur they build up their own static electricity and shock themselves, yes?

by Anonymousreply 1810/28/2013

[quote]Carry a dryer sheet in your pockets. Rub your hands on it to reduce electrical shocks. Run it quickly and lightly over your hair when your hair has that stuck-my finger-in-an-electrical-socket look.

See you in the oncology ward.

by Anonymousreply 1911/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.