Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Going to see Willie Nelson in Montgomery, AL

What to see and do there? Besides the barrel of a gun and kill yourself, r1?

by Anonymousreply 710/28/2013

There's the civil rights memorial with a fountain by Maya Lin, who also designed the Vietnam Memorial. Alabama Shakespeare Festival is there, and often has some interesting shows. There are some old houses to tour.

by Anonymousreply 110/26/2013

Thanks, that's in the plans. Any restaurants? Small town gay bars?

by Anonymousreply 210/27/2013

As far as clubs, there's Club 322, your classic drag-heavy Southern queer bar, home of The Lady Jackie (see link) and Miss Gayla DeLust.

by Anonymousreply 310/27/2013

We only got to see the downtown by the river front and it was lovely and friendly. I recommend seeing Willie if you get the chance. A hell of a show and I can't believe he's 80.

by Anonymousreply 410/28/2013

Montgomery is near Selma. Visit the bridge that was in all of the papers with Chief Bull Dawg turning the fire hoses on the black protesters as they tried to cross the bridge.

by Anonymousreply 510/28/2013

If the weather's nice, there's this crazy little bar down by the river called The Marina. Not gay, just interesting. You have to go through a scary neighborhood to get there.

And there's a super cool bar/restaurant inside an old bank there, I forget the name.

by Anonymousreply 610/28/2013

Drop by the Hyundai factory and pick up an Elantra or two for stocking stuffers.

by Anonymousreply 710/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.