Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

American Horror Story: Coven (Part 2)

And so it continues...

by Anonymousreply 60111/15/2013

LIIIIIIIES!!!

by Anonymousreply 110/26/2013

We're at part 2 and it's only 3 episodes in! How fabulous!

Has it been discussed that Nan was obviously playing the neighbour with her mind reading and possibly an enchanted cake?

by Anonymousreply 210/26/2013

They're juggling a lot of stories right now with Misty, Kyle, Cordelia, Fiona, the two old witches, the students etc.

They're doing pretty well with it so far ....I'd also like to see Nan as the Supreme (and have her reveal to Fiona that she stayed quiet about it because she'd read Fiona's mind months ago and knew Fiona was going to kill the new Supreme).

by Anonymousreply 310/26/2013

Still reeling over that shot of Angela Bassett on her voodoo throne while playing solitaire on her iPad with her feet propped up on gator skulls. I mean: WHAT?! THAT'S AMAZING TELEVISION.

You know what? It's not just amazing television, it's amazing, period.

I could seriously watch eight hours of this at a time. I guess Hulu/Netflix/DVDs have spoiled me because after each episode I immediately want to see the next one.

by Anonymousreply 410/26/2013

F&F r5!!!!

by Anonymousreply 610/26/2013

The creepy butler is going to rape Emma Robert's corpse, I know it.

by Anonymousreply 710/26/2013

Ryan Murphy should bring in Judy Davis to take over for Lange when she leaves the show.

by Anonymousreply 810/26/2013

Lange is going no where.

by Anonymousreply 1010/26/2013

Who doesn't love a good boozy waspy witch VS voodoo queen showdown.

by Anonymousreply 1110/26/2013

[quote]Ryan Murphy should bring in Judy Davis to take over for Lange when she leaves the show.

One of the smartest things I've read on DL in ages.

by Anonymousreply 1210/26/2013

I hope Sharon Stone has cleared her schedule because a season starring her (set in 40s Hollywood? 70s fashion world? 80s New York?) would be glam to the hilt. And probably superb.

And, just while we're speculating, four letters: FAYE!

by Anonymousreply 1310/26/2013

[R5] stop you're giving RM ideas !

by Anonymousreply 1410/26/2013

What about me?

by Anonymousreply 1510/26/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1610/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 1710/26/2013

[quote]Still reeling over that shot of Angela Bassett on her voodoo throne while playing solitaire on her iPad with her feet propped up on gator skulls. I mean: WHAT?! THAT'S AMAZING TELEVISION.

I totally LOLed at that scene. I love this fucking show.

by Anonymousreply 1810/26/2013

I hope they keep the tension between Kathy Bates and Gabourney Sidibe's characters. Would stink if they become buddies now that Kathy has been saved from the minotaur due to Gabourney's life saving fuck of the minotaur.

No "You're my best friend..." moments please ....

by Anonymousreply 1910/26/2013

I've been in the hospital for the last 3 weeks and missed the first thread

Tho I did get my DVR programmed before my car accident so I have the episodes recorded and now the time to watch and and read about them. LOL

Would someone please post a link to the first AHS:Coven thread please?

Thank you

by Anonymousreply 2010/26/2013

Here you go, R20 .... Enjoy the show and hope you're feeling better.

If anyone tells you that the show is not good this season ..... liiiiiiieeeeeeeessssssss.

by Anonymousreply 2110/26/2013

Thank you so much R21

by Anonymousreply 2210/26/2013

Just curious.

I watched Ep 3 on demand. Was the "the coven needs a new rug" the end of the episode? The episode just ended with no credits.

by Anonymousreply 2310/26/2013

I think it was inspired to have Kathy Bates back in maid's uniform. I half expected Judy Parfitt to waltz in, chiming, "Six pins, Dolores! Six pins, not five!"

by Anonymousreply 2410/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 2510/26/2013

Judy Parfitt is still alive, right? They should get her for AHS.

by Anonymousreply 2610/26/2013

Yes, r23 - that was the last scene of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 2710/26/2013

(R7) I think he will either do that or be sleeping with the young Fiona character. Ryan Murphy said Spalding will do things to the body that makes us think " I get now" but it will be very disturbing. Sounds more than just raping the body I think. He also said we will know why he cuts out his own tongue & is so loyal to Fiona. Maybe he was in love with her...I can't wait for Ep. 4

by Anonymousreply 2810/26/2013

Why hasn't Ryan contacted Mia Farrow yet?

by Anonymousreply 2910/26/2013

I would love it if they introduced the 20's Supreme...I'm intrigued by her portrait.

by Anonymousreply 3010/26/2013

Me too r30!

by Anonymousreply 3110/26/2013

There was a line like "I was a terrible Supreme," and I wondered who would've been most likely to utter that in real life: Clarence Thomas? Antonin Scalia? Cindy Birdsong?

by Anonymousreply 3210/26/2013

Florence Ballard was known to have said it on occassion, r32.

by Anonymousreply 3310/26/2013

Mary Wilson, of course.

by Anonymousreply 3410/26/2013

That fat girl's arms really gross me out, more than any blood or witchcraft.

by Anonymousreply 3510/26/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3610/26/2013

R36 Probably.

by Anonymousreply 3710/26/2013

I would think Dylan McDermott was the one who had to provide sexual favours to return after his poor showing in the first season.

by Anonymousreply 3810/26/2013

R27 - thanks!

by Anonymousreply 3910/26/2013

Is there going to be any Man on Man sex? So far I am not seeing any possible hook ups for the show.

by Anonymousreply 4010/26/2013

R40 You're not satisfied with Minotaur-on-whale sex? Or mom-on-reanimated-son sex?

by Anonymousreply 4110/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 4210/26/2013

R40. Hell no! I want to see some hot man on man sex!

by Anonymousreply 4310/26/2013

I doubt there'll be any "man goes up into the man". This season is all about the sisters (and sistas).

by Anonymousreply 4410/26/2013

It is disturbing to see such a mordibly obese character on my tv, as well.

by Anonymousreply 4510/26/2013

r20, for future reference, just google what you are looking for on Datalounge. All you had to do was google "Datalounge Coven" and what you are looking for will be in the items listed.

by Anonymousreply 4610/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 4710/26/2013

She knows why she doesn't work much.

by Anonymousreply 4810/26/2013

Interesting how they inverted the Charmed, Buffy trope of sullen hot chicks coming into their powers to include the marginalized (obese and differently abled}. The troika of female Oscar winners/nominees is a bonus.

by Anonymousreply 4910/26/2013

SMG was never a hot chick.

by Anonymousreply 5010/26/2013

[quote]So far I am not seeing any possible hook ups for the show.

Here's hoping for FrankenEvan & Christian Boy Next Door.

by Anonymousreply 5110/26/2013

[quote] The troika of female Oscar winners/nominees is a bonus.

Troika is three.

Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Angela Basset, and Gabourey Sidibe.

by Anonymousreply 5210/26/2013

Only three of them deserved their Oscars.

Gabourey couldn't act he'd way out of a McDonalds bag.

by Anonymousreply 5310/26/2013

R52 Well, only two of them actually WON Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 5410/27/2013

I don't agree that Sidibe is as bad as everyone is saying that she is. Also: Look at the material she's given. How do you sell a plot-driven scene like the one where she (inexplicably) saves the racist maid from the invading monster?

Anyhow, I love the show and think that Farmiga is by far the weakest link so far. Her not bringing Rabe's character to the witches' school is fucking stupid and actually irritating me because the rest of the show is so fucking good.

by Anonymousreply 5510/27/2013

Zoë IS boring, but that's deliberate since she's supposed to be a cipher for the audience. At this point in the story, she's Dorothy in Munchkin Land: she has comparatively little agency in her own story, and mainly exists just to react, mouth agape, to the things going on around her. I'm sure in time she will blossom into full succubus womanhood and reap the whirlwind of bad decisions (and non-decisions) she's been making.

by Anonymousreply 5710/27/2013

For a gay show, there's never any gay man sex. What gives??

by Anonymousreply 5810/27/2013

Even when there is no dialogue in a scene. Jessica Lange is amazing to watch. She takes smoking a cig, popping a pill and downing a drink to another level of acting.

by Anonymousreply 5910/27/2013

Both the Zoe and Cordelia characters will blossom soon.

by Anonymousreply 6010/27/2013

I like the fat girl, she is good, especially in the Barn with the manimal.

by Anonymousreply 6210/27/2013

R56, my comment was a compliment to Sidibe, so I have no idea where your response is coming from. What I was criticizing was how unbelievable it is that Queenie would save a wretched racist bitch like Lalaurie--it was an odd, unmotivated action. Got it?

by Anonymousreply 6310/27/2013

Having Lalaurie around gives Queenie more time to sit and eat, rather than having to walk to the fridge etc.

There's your motivation.

by Anonymousreply 6410/27/2013

How and why is G. Sidibe so extremely fat? Good God.

by Anonymousreply 6510/27/2013

To be that fat takes dedication. I sure as hell couldn't manage it.

by Anonymousreply 6610/27/2013

Who knew fat black girl is into masturbation and bestiality?

by Anonymousreply 6710/27/2013

They should have cast Janet Jackson!

by Anonymousreply 6810/27/2013

R68, you might be on to something. I'd get down with the Minotaur before I touched Jermaine Dupri.

by Anonymousreply 6910/27/2013

R30, Mimi DeLongpre. Love that name. Who should play her?

by Anonymousreply 7010/28/2013

It was probably not as much fun for the Manimal, r62. Why did TWC drop Coven from it's FX On Demand line-up? Only the first two episodes are available.

by Anonymousreply 7110/30/2013

Got to meet Naomi Grossman who played Pepper in Asylum. She was delightful to talk to. She said the original casting for Pepper was for a little person "pinhead" but she went up for it anyway. Jessica Lange is as cool as you hoped she'd be. She said they never got full scripts but only their scenes to keep the secrecy. I asked about "The Name Game". She said everyone was happy something light was happening after all the weeks of being very dark. She said she heard the track the first time in the rehearsal studio and only Lange, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and her were in the rehearsal studio. All those extras rehearsed on set the day of filming. She was really happy when I told her I made a ringtone.

by Anonymousreply 7310/30/2013

Love this show! Best moment so far tonight: Denis O'Hare's tea party.

by Anonymousreply 7410/30/2013

Creepy imagery tonight.

That Shirley Temple doll, the decapitated minotaur head winking at Marie and that skeleton in the car staring back at Zoe.

by Anonymousreply 7510/30/2013

Eunice from SOAP wrote tonight's episode!

by Anonymousreply 7610/30/2013

Holy crap! The husband is hardcore

by Anonymousreply 7710/30/2013

When it's mentioned that the cheating serial killer hubby met his latest bimbo/victim thru a website for collectors of Thomas Kinkade paintings, I practically wet my pants laughing. At that moment, I knew they would both be destined for excruciatingly painful deaths.

Also -- love the male witch who's a swishy Truman Capote clone. He's even a best-selling writer! Frances Conroy was also amazing in this episode.

Another highlight: Angela Basset's awesome Angela Davis-like 'fro in the early 70s flashback.

Finally a point of clarification: Fiona is supposedly looking younger because she killed the young witch (Madison) and has somehow inhaled her essence, right?

by Anonymousreply 7810/30/2013

I have a crush on Misty, so I was bummed that she wasn't in this episode. I also have a crush on Evan Peters, so I wanted to see more of him. Leslie Jordan was fun though. Enjoyed the gory scenes and the butler with his creepy doll collection. Will the "AHS is boring, it's not scary enough" troll be satisfied this week?

by Anonymousreply 7910/31/2013

So who do we think gave Delia the surprise chemical peel in the ladies room?

by Anonymousreply 8010/31/2013

That last scene with Cordelia was a huge shock. Who would have suspected that would have happened?

The figure appeared quite small in stature. Was it Mrytle? Nan? Leslie Jordan's Quentin Crispesque?

And who gets burned at the stake next week?

Looking at the promo scene, Queenie, Zoe and Nan, as well as Leslie Jordan and Pembrooke (?) is are all present. Could it be Mrytle???

by Anonymousreply 8110/31/2013

No Lily Rabe. Not Happy.

by Anonymousreply 8210/31/2013

Tonight further proves my theory that Nan is the next supreme. Calling the Counsel. Neighbor boy bringing her the cookies. Insisting that Madison was dead. She's the new supreme and she knows that Fiona will come after her if she discovers it.

by Anonymousreply 8310/31/2013

Wait. From what graveyard do these zombie's come? It's New Orleans, People are entombed in crypts because of ground water levels.

by Anonymousreply 8410/31/2013

About Cordelia's husband...

It seems to me that this is not the first time he has done this sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 8510/31/2013

God, I fucking love this show.

by Anonymousreply 8610/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 8710/31/2013

I don't think Nan is the Supreme. Cordelia said that the Supreme had to be in perfect health. Madison had a heart murmur. Nan has Down Syndrome. I think it's Zoe.

by Anonymousreply 8810/31/2013

Down Syndrome is an intellectual disability, not a physical illness.

by Anonymousreply 9010/31/2013

Serious dearth of dudes on this show. Are you kidding? and I thought last season, the asylum, was a tit fest

by Anonymousreply 9210/31/2013

The way Myrtle became unhinged in the council meeting I'd say it's a pretty good bet she's the one that gets roasted next week.

by Anonymousreply 9310/31/2013

Down Syndrome is a lack of a chromosome, how is that not physical? People are fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 9410/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 9510/31/2013

[quote]Absolutely not. I haven't been scared once. Four episodes. Weakest season so far. It's just camp crap. What a fucking shitfest. BORING!!!

The only scary thing would be knowing you. You sound positively creepy, but good luck to ya.

[quote]It's physical, but not that kind of physical that would exclude Nan from being the Supreme.

C'mon now.

by Anonymousreply 9610/31/2013

Given the way he killed the woman, I was thinking Cordelia's husband is probably a hit man. His out of town "contractor" job might have really been a contractor "job."

It seems to me that Nan is the new supreme for all the reasons stated above. She could read Madison's mind and therefor done the magic Madison thought she was doing herself. She would have that power. She could have read Cordelia's mind in that Cordelia may have been thinking about telling her mother about the New Supreme at some future date. Or maybe Cordelia is only guessing at this point. But how much you want to bet that Nan is behind the acid attack?

by Anonymousreply 9710/31/2013

Fabulous overacting and scenery chewing from all the ladies. I saw a woman in bed with the wreck of Evan Peters who was Lily Rabing all over the screen and it turned out to be herself, Ms. Rabe! Nuance? Not an ounce, nowhere, but even Patti is over the top. Gashes everywhere. Only Josh Hamilton, and the cypher who plays Patti's bible-thumping son, are underacting. No dozing on Wednesday nights on FXX. Fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 9810/31/2013

My TV is old--what did Denis write on the card?

by Anonymousreply 9910/31/2013

Myrtle's name

by Anonymousreply 10010/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 10110/31/2013

The next Supreme is either Nan or Misty. Misty can use her powers but she doesn't know about the school yet - she might get stronger.

I think Myrtle will be falsely accused of the acid attack - it only needs to be grievous bodily harm for a witch to be burned at the stake.

LuPone's son is gorgeous. Peters looks a bit frumpy this season. I get that he's basically a zombie, but the messy blonde hair doesn't help this time around.

by Anonymousreply 10210/31/2013

Give Peters a chance, guys. Once his body is fully restored (forget his mind), we'll get some tantalizing tighty whitey shots. I'll bet it's written into his contract.

by Anonymousreply 10310/31/2013

The guy playing Hank is handsome enough, but he definitly has a feral look with those teeth.

by Anonymousreply 10410/31/2013

fun season so far-although oddly lacing in actual plot

by Anonymousreply 10510/31/2013

"Oh, Fiona, you're a caution!"

by Anonymousreply 10610/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 10710/31/2013

I am loving this season.

by Anonymousreply 10810/31/2013

As to the question of who gave Cordelia the surprise chemical peel, my theory is that it's none other than Mommie Dearest. I think she'll frame Myrtle for it, and Myrtle will be the one burned at the stake next week.

One direction the show might take is having Cordelia gradually discover the truth and get in touch with her ruthless side, culminating in the mother of all mother/daughter confrontations. Cordelia might even decide to join Team Bassett in the upcoming Fiona/Marie Laveau throwdown.

There's also an outside chance Cordelia could be the new Supreme. After all, why did she seem so sure she knows who it is, in that bar conversation with Fiona?

by Anonymousreply 10910/31/2013

(R99) Denis wrote Myrtle Snow. the same lady he handed the note to. She's the one that put the spell on him, & why he cut it out.

by Anonymousreply 11010/31/2013

Cordelia could be the Supreme. In the first episode Fiona was lamenting how Delia still never realized her "full potential."

As for the mystery acid thrower, could be Lupone throwing around a little "wrath of God" justice.

Murphy has already stated that she wasn't named Cordelia without a reason. There is a Shakespeare connection.

If we go by that, then in the end, Delia will stand by Fiona (at her darkest hour) and help her through it.

by Anonymousreply 11110/31/2013

Is Quentin a male witch? He's on the council, but then one of the other witches had to use magic to get him his successful career as a writer. I know they each have different powers, but up until this point they haven't really mentioned male witches.

Alexandra Breckinridge gets shot in the head again and once again it's connected to a cheating husband. I hope she returns even though I'm getting tired of everyone being brought back to life. They should have someone play multiple characters like Conroy in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 11210/31/2013

"Here's some acid for your face, Motherfucker!"

by Anonymousreply 11310/31/2013

Is anyone else finding Bates as LaLaurie kind of adorable? When she shuffles around in her maid's uniform looking sorry for herself I just want to give her a big hug. Then I remember that she's meant to be evil.

by Anonymousreply 11410/31/2013

Dylan McDermott teased that he may make an appearance this season. He called "AHS" his "home." This was on Andy Cohen's show.

by Anonymousreply 11510/31/2013

me too, last night's episode, r114.

by Anonymousreply 11610/31/2013

Me three, R114. Kathy is so good in this role!

by Anonymousreply 11710/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 11810/31/2013

They're definitely making LaLaurie sympathetic. She's just too cute in this role.

by Anonymousreply 11910/31/2013

what happened to Bastian the Minotaur? isn't he supposed to be immortal? where's the rest of his body?

by Anonymousreply 12010/31/2013

Angela Bassett fucking OWNS! Her Marie Laveau is some of the best scenery chewing EVER on TV! And now that the truce between the Voodoo practitioners and the Salem descendents is broken, I have a hunch there's going to be a MAJOR witchbitch catfight between Fiona and Marie!

LOVED Denis O'Hare's creepy tea parties with the vintage dolls and the victrola. But, what was with the dress>? Is he a cross dresser? It looked like a 1920's dress--perhaps it belonged to the Supreme from that era and he's going to work some type of magic with it?

I FUCKING LOVE THIS SEASON!

by Anonymousreply 12110/31/2013

Just like Death Becomes Her, I think you can be immortal but still have your body fall to pieces. I vote that they attach Bastian's head to Patti LuPone!

by Anonymousreply 12210/31/2013

[quote]Is Quentin a male witch?

There was also a warlock on the council in the flashback. Maybe there always is. I want to know more about the backstory of the witches, how the councils work, the rest of the society of witchcraft. I was the same way about the show "Bewitched."

by Anonymousreply 12310/31/2013

Why didn't Marie Laveau (Basset) bring the murdered boy back from the dead after murdering his killers?

And did the blinking minotaur head have anything to do with murdering the boys killers?

by Anonymousreply 12410/31/2013

So where did Kyle go? Back to the swamp to be with Misty?

by Anonymousreply 12510/31/2013

What is Myrtle wearing?? A shawl over a man's blazer which is over a dress? And those red leather, fingerless gloves with the flares at the wrist???

by Anonymousreply 12610/31/2013

That's the revolutionary costume for today!

by Anonymousreply 12710/31/2013

So is the Quentin character just a reference to Quentin Crisp, or is it the actual Quentin Crisp?

by Anonymousreply 12810/31/2013

I don't think it's the actual Quentin Crisp. For one, Crisp was British. And he wasn't a midget.

by Anonymousreply 12910/31/2013

Leslie Jordan's character is supposed to be a Truman Capote prototype, not Quentin Crisp.

by Anonymousreply 13010/31/2013

[quote]what happened to Bastian the Minotaur? isn't he supposed to be immortal? where's the rest of his body?

He is immortal, didn't you see the eye blink when Bassett looked in the box?

[quote]Kathy Bates doesn't get enough screen time

Take your ADD medicine, there is more to come.

by Anonymousreply 13110/31/2013

[quote]"Here's some acid for your face, Motherfucker!"

Last night had a couple of interesting John Waters references -- the acid in Sarah Paulson's face and Denis O'Hare's secret crossdressing in his room. Spalding even looked like Channing from "Pink Flamingos." I wonder if he'll end up castrated like Channing.

The bar scene was shot in a real bar in Uptown New Orleans. Unfortunately it's usually full of yuppie douches, not fabulous witches. It's one of the few places in town with velvet-rope attitude.

by Anonymousreply 13210/31/2013

Kathy Bates will win an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 13310/31/2013

[quote]"Here's some acid for your face, Motherfucker!"

Did they say motherfucker?

by Anonymousreply 13410/31/2013

[quote]Is anyone else finding Bates as LaLaurie kind of adorable? When she shuffles around in her maid's uniform looking sorry for herself I just want to give her a big hug. Then I remember that she's meant to be evil.

Kathy said the same thing. You love her, hate her, want to give her a hug, find her pathetic.

Ryan said that redemption is a big part of this season, and that LaLaurie is going to change her ways.

I wonder if the black community is going to be okay with that.

by Anonymousreply 13510/31/2013

Great interview with Kathy Bates on the New York magazine website today (sorry, can't post a link now).

It starts with the interviewer getting hold of her as she's going to the laundromat in New Orleans, and Kathy saying something like "My manager was appalled, but I said, 'There's nothing wrong with a laundromat and I'm not paying these hotel prices for laundry!'"

Can you imagine trudging your dirty underwear to the local washateria and finding Kathy Bates there reading a magazine while her dainties are on the spin cycle?

by Anonymousreply 13610/31/2013

Angelique from 'Dark Shadows' was also from the Salem branch right?

by Anonymousreply 13710/31/2013

Holy shit, that makes me love Kathy Bates even more.

by Anonymousreply 13810/31/2013

Kathy Bates interview in NYMag:

"I’m always waiting for the phone to ring after episodes air. Usually it’s my best friend and I’ll hear, “Ooooh. Myyyyyy. Goooood.” I live for that. It’s been delightful."

by Anonymousreply 13910/31/2013

[quote] Alexandra Breckinridge gets shot in the head again and once again it's connected to a cheating husband. I hope she returns even though I'm getting tired of everyone being brought back to life. They should have someone play multiple characters like Conroy in season 2.

Alexander Breckenridge said on twitter that she will be back in episode 6.

by Anonymousreply 14010/31/2013

I have to admit that I felt a bit bad for LaLaurie at the end when she realized that zombies were her daughters.

by Anonymousreply 14110/31/2013

[quote] As for the mystery acid thrower, could be Lupone throwing around a little "wrath of God" justice.

I think that might be a possibility especially since previous spoilers said that non-supernatural figures were going to cause problems for the witches.

by Anonymousreply 14210/31/2013

I LOVE Denis O'Hare's Character. He Pathetic yet creepy not to mention plain weird. He always plays those characters so well.

by Anonymousreply 14310/31/2013

I loveeeeee Kathy Bates. Seeing her as a rabid racist (being an African American)has been rough. She is doing an excellent job with this character. While what her character did is unforgivable (1000 years in a box wouldn't be long enough), she's brought depth to LaLaurie. Part of me actually likes her....to some degree. lol Marie LaVeau is played fantastically, as well. Stellar acting by all three of them (including Lange, who does sexy very well) and the supporting characters.

by Anonymousreply 14410/31/2013

Angela Bassett is 55. She looks amazing.

by Anonymousreply 14510/31/2013

[quote] Angela Bassett is 55. She looks amazing.

It's the voodoo...

by Anonymousreply 14610/31/2013

What is Marie's Salon called?

And I went back to check on that acid glass jar featured in this episode and realised it's the same jar (with the word Ball on it) used in the "pochaut medecine" scene with the baby gravy. So what does this mean? Marie is the mastermind behind the attack?

by Anonymousreply 14710/31/2013

Marie's Salon is called Corn Row City.

by Anonymousreply 14810/31/2013

(R147) Yes. It is revenge for cutting the bull guys head off. That's why they are going to war again. Did you see next weeks preview? Fiona has someone burned, probably the voodoo queen

by Anonymousreply 14910/31/2013

[quote]Kathy Bates will win an Emmy.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Lange who gave the best performance ever on television for Asylum was supposed to win the Emmy too and they gave it Ellen Burstyn for a completely bland nothing role any woman her age could have played. Don't count on the Emmy committee to ever do the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 15010/31/2013

Joan (Patti LuPone) doesn't know that she lives next door to witches, right? And if she did and wanted to injure them in some way, why would she target Cordelia?

It makes sense that the acid thrower is someone sent from Corn Row City.

by Anonymousreply 15110/31/2013

Joan has early suspicions, what with the knife and her curtains randomly catching fire. Hoping she leads a group of fundies to the school, pitchforks in tow.

by Anonymousreply 15210/31/2013

I feel the same way about KB, R144. I just think of her character as comic relief + Gabourey's slave and that helps. I mean, this is hysterical:

by Anonymousreply 15310/31/2013

"She likes hard-drinking and big dicks."

by Anonymousreply 15410/31/2013

The lady who wrote last night's script, Jennifer Salt, played the reporter in Brian DePalma's Sisters.

by Anonymousreply 15510/31/2013

I felt the dialogue last night was neither as crisp nor as hypnotic as it has been. Salt should stick to producing.

I've also been thinking Fiona may have been behind her daughter's acid attack.

In that scene with the witch burning at the stake next week, the victim does look black. However, Mrytle doesn't appear to be with the witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 15610/31/2013

Since they use different directors each week, how do they keep the continuity and "look" of the show consistent?

by Anonymousreply 15710/31/2013

"There's also an outside chance Cordelia could be the new Supreme. After all, why did she seem so sure she knows who it is, in that bar conversation with Fiona?"

Cordelia has fertility issues that even magic can't seem to cure. Isn't that a health issue that would prevent her from being the supreme?

by Anonymousreply 15810/31/2013

How do they get writers every year to write cohesive scripts when they don't know how the show will look, or what the actors will sound like. It's hard enough for writers during the first season of a show. They then get the feel for the actors they're writing for, seeing what works and what doesn't. With these shows, it's different every year. I can't believe the scripts are able to blend well week after week.

by Anonymousreply 16010/31/2013

the new supreme is probably going to be Zoe.

by Anonymousreply 16110/31/2013

[150], Burstyn won Supporting against Paulson. Lange lost to Laura Linney. Both were travesties.

by Anonymousreply 16210/31/2013

I wonder why they had Denis O'Hare play the younger version of his character but not Lange. The actress playing young Fiona is underwhelming.

I like that Cordelia's husband is a killer (contract or serial). The child subplot hasn't been particularly interesting and I was worried that Paulson would be shortchanged this season.

Is it too late to get Betty Lynn on the show?

by Anonymousreply 16310/31/2013

(R163) Because Denis looks younger regularly , the aged him for Spalding with the wig, liver spots , his fucked up teeth & nails. He can easily pass for younger when they take all that make-up off him. Did you notice he IS the only actor to be in the flash backs ? Everyone else was a different actor.

by Anonymousreply 16410/31/2013

Could it be that Fiona is the one that threw the acid in Cordelia's face so that she can accuse Myrtle of doing it and getting rid of her? I love the character and the way Jessica Lange is playing her but her only concern is herself. She is a cold-hearted bitch. She can make herself appear and disappear. She did it when she killed her supreme. Fiona was in front of the supreme and when the supreme turned around, Fiona was already there.

by Anonymousreply 16510/31/2013

r164

True, but they had Lange play herself 20 years previous in the first season. Perhaps they didn't have the CGI in their budget.

by Anonymousreply 16610/31/2013

No way. I read an interview with Ryan that said Fiona go's nuts over this ( I think she kills the cheating husband too) She too grief stricken. Plus , it already shows she goes after the voodoo clan.

by Anonymousreply 16710/31/2013

(R166) Yes, but they also mentioned it was 40 years ago for the flash backs. When they made Spalding write down the name, Jessica is beautiful but can't pass for 18

by Anonymousreply 16810/31/2013

Joan Crawford would have INSISTED on playing her 18-year-old self. Bad move, Lange.

by Anonymousreply 16910/31/2013

[quote]Did you notice he IS the only actor to be in the flash backs ? Everyone else was a different actor.

Ahem...

by Anonymousreply 17010/31/2013

(170) Ooops, I was thinking of the witches..

by Anonymousreply 17110/31/2013

Yeah, I don't think giving O'Hare a different wig made him look 40 years younger.

I liked the actress playing young Frances Conroy.

by Anonymousreply 17210/31/2013

Vain mothers don't want ugly daughters, 165.

Fiona is going to unleash some shit.

I want more witches at the witch school. They barely seem like a coven with four people.

by Anonymousreply 17310/31/2013

R87, Nan claims to be clairvoyant, but so far her powers appear to be telepathic. Perhaps Fiona did a protection spell to guard herself from intrusive witches with powers of telepathy.

by Anonymousreply 17410/31/2013

Loved the intensity of the serial killer's fuck …. Man what an amazing orgasm. I would gladly share a post sex cigarette with that hot stud anytime.

by Anonymousreply 17510/31/2013

Not to be a Lange fanboy (because I'm not) but that younger actress was Not pretty enough to play a young Fiona. C'mon Ryan, we've all seen Tootsie!

by Anonymousreply 17610/31/2013

[quote]Not to be a Lange fanboy (because I'm not)

What's wrong with you? Are you mental?

by Anonymousreply 17710/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 17810/31/2013

The actress who plays young Fiona reminds me of Lauren Bowles from True Blood.

by Anonymousreply 17911/01/2013

R179 Perhaps that's because Holly is a witch?

by Anonymousreply 18011/01/2013

There were some great lines last night. Loved it when Lange told Kathy Bates to zip it. The line about giving the Grim Reeper a handjob was hilarious too.

The comment about the Supreme being in excellent health provides a way to eliminate the witches. Down Syndrome counts as being in less than perfect health and it's not politically incorrect to say so. Cordellia is infertile and Queenie is obese. It's not going to be either of them. So far it's Zoe or Misty or some unknown.

I think the husband is either a hitman or the fertility spell they did turned him evil. Also I'm going to vote for the acid attack being Voodoo crew, could it have been snake venom?

by Anonymousreply 18111/01/2013

The queen bitch will be that fucking awkward, spooked teen retard virgin of vera farmiga. she's in the credits but hasnt had shit to do yet... not like its hard to figure out.

by Anonymousreply 18211/01/2013

For a show with a consistent record of brilliant casting, the young Fiona is a Major FAIL. Non-descript and very ineffectual.

Even Mark Consuelos did a good turn as a perv inmate last season.

by Anonymousreply 18711/01/2013

[quote]Totally agree, [R183]. I haven't been scared once. It's just camp dogshit.

We got it. So we can all look forward to you two idiots not being here next week, right?

by Anonymousreply 18811/01/2013

[quote]It makes sense that the acid thrower is someone sent from Corn Row City.[/quote]

R151, I think Myrtle telling her that she was blind to her mother's actions and then her ending up blind later is the clue of who pulled that stunt.

Besides, Angela's character had already raised zombies. That was her revenge. She also is only interested in going after Bate's character and anyone else that is in her way of getting to her. I do think Fiona will think it was her and that will cause more trouble.

[quote]How do they get writers every year to write cohesive scripts when they don't know how the show will look, or what the actors will sound like.[/quote]

R160, they use the same actors so that eliminates most of the problems with the show. Really Gaborney/Queenie and Emma/Madison were the only new additions to the main cast.

I also feel like Gaborney is partially phoning in her performance ... but the way she delivers the comedic lines actually seems to work. It's half, "I'm a bad ass bitch," and half "I don't give a fuck."

Her saying:

"Madison Montgomery is a stone cold bitch who likes hard drinking, big dicks, and trouble. If she's dead it's probably because she got wasted and didn't offer the Grim Reaper a hand job or something," while laying in bed and sipping on her green drink was perfect.

by Anonymousreply 18911/01/2013

Dylan McDermott got naked on the first episode of Season 1. Evan Peters got naked on the first episode of Season 2 (and what a pleasant surprise that was).

This season needs more naked guys.

by Anonymousreply 19011/01/2013

R189, do you not consider Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett additions to the main cast? I know Angela isn't in the opening credits, but she's had a lot of screen time.

by Anonymousreply 19111/01/2013

Alexandra Breckenridge will return, for which I'm glad - otherwise her role in this season would be pretty thankless.

by Anonymousreply 19311/01/2013

Throwing acid in the face of the few nice characters is very mean spirited

Is cutie Evan Peters gonna be Frenkenstein the rest of the season? Emma Roberts was gang raped had her throat slit and her dead body used for some perverted reason. What's next? The actress who plays Cordella was so great last season is she going to be a burn victim the rest of the season?

This season was supposed to be about witches but Murphy had to give us yet another serial killer

Bates is good but she is playing a horrible real life person who all of a sudden has a heart of gold

For those who say if you don't like the show don't watch but it's like a car wreck you can't look away. Wonder what more shit Murphy will throw up on the screen...

by Anonymousreply 19411/01/2013

Or Gabby to Bates when she say's "I don't know how to thank you for saving my life'

Queenie: Well, you're going to have to work on that, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 19511/01/2013

[quote]The actress who plays Cordella was so great last season is she going to be a burn victim the rest of the season?

Maybe one of the other witches can heal her.

I agree: whatever beef some posters here seem to have with her about her personal life, she's a stupendous actor.

by Anonymousreply 19611/01/2013

It's not fair to berate AHS for not being scary. I think it's impossible to make a scary tv-series with a storyline that entails a dozen or so episodes, only movies or series such as the Twilight Zone can pull that off. Horror and elaborate storylines just don't mix. I look at AHS as a drama-series with supernatural elements.

by Anonymousreply 19711/01/2013

The first two seasons were scary. This season, they were going for a more comical tone.

Does anyone find it offensive that they're making Bates' character redeemable? That's the direction they're heading in. The real-life woman was a beast!

by Anonymousreply 19811/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 19911/01/2013

[quote]Could it be that Fiona is the one that threw the acid in Cordelia's face so that she can accuse Myrtle of doing it and getting rid of her?

It was me, okay? And it was just fuckin' water!

by Anonymousreply 20011/01/2013

Season 1 wasn't scary at all. I was bored with it. And no, I don't it offensive in the slightest if they give LaLaurie a redemption storyline. Would it be better to have her remain cruel and vicious for eternity? Do people understand that this is fictional entertainment? We know she was an actual person and that liberties are taken for the sake of the story. It happens all the time.

by Anonymousreply 20111/01/2013

[quote] Maybe one of the other witches can heal her.

I think that will probably happen with Cordelia. I get the feeling this season won't be another performance season for Sarah Paulson. She was great last season and she should have won the Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 20311/01/2013

I loved it when LaLaurie called the trick-or-treaters "little beggars."

by Anonymousreply 20411/01/2013

I'd love to see a scene where all 3 (Lange,Bates and Bassett)are in the same room attempting a truce. It fails miserably and all hell breaks out.

by Anonymousreply 20511/01/2013

R202, 95% of the people watching the show had no idea who LaLaurie was before AHS so it doesn't matter if they have a "kinder view" of the FICTIONAL version of her. The bitch has been dead for over 150 years. Who gives a shit?

by Anonymousreply 20611/01/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 20711/01/2013

[quote]Season 1 wasn't scary at all. I was bored with it.

Oh poor you. You must be into some kinky shit if you weren't put off every time the guy in the Rubber Man showed up. Creeped the hell out of me and my friends. And how the hell could you be bored when Jessica Lange was brilliant from her first scene?

by Anonymousreply 20811/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 20911/01/2013

[quote]We're not afforded the same background on Lange's character receives no such courtesy. We're beat over the head that she's just evil because, you know, she's white and blonde.

Is this a joke? Lange by far has the most fully realized and three dimensional character on the show so far.

by Anonymousreply 21011/01/2013

In the preview Fiona consoles her screaming daughter, forces her to remove hands to see her face... and then looks completely horrified. What do you think the acid did to her face? Will she lose her eyes?

by Anonymousreply 21111/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 21211/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 21311/01/2013

Sorry I don't agree r207. We have seen from the flashbacks and through other things, for instance her relationship with her daughter, that Fiona is evil because she's selfish and ruthless, not because she's white.

Laveau is not all saint either. I am not seeing good or bad just by their colour.

by Anonymousreply 21411/01/2013

[quote]Exactly what is Cordelia's superpower?

Good question. So far she appears to be versed in herbs and spells and general witchcraft, but beyond her attempts at conception, have we really even seen her perform any magic?

by Anonymousreply 21511/01/2013

They haven't revealed Cordelia's superpower yet which is of course no accident. Curious to see what it is going to be and what they are saving the reveal for.

by Anonymousreply 21611/01/2013

[quote] We're beat over the head that she's just evil because, you know, she's white and blonde.

Get a grip. Cordelia's white and blonde as well.

And with incidents like the Trayvon Martin murder, calls for easing up on racial commentary should go unheeded.

by Anonymousreply 21711/01/2013

Maybe Myrtle threw the acid ?

by Anonymousreply 21811/01/2013

Obviously Queenie is obese, i.e. not healthy, but I like the idea of her being the Supreme. It would be delicious if it turned out that Fiona had brought back to life her own successor after killing Madison and Christine Ebersole.

by Anonymousreply 21911/01/2013

I might have missed this, why did Fiona rescue LaLaurie from the grave?

by Anonymousreply 22011/01/2013

LaLaurie has eternal life and hasn't aged since she got it. Fiona wants some of that.

by Anonymousreply 22111/01/2013

(R219) I like that theory ..good irony

by Anonymousreply 22211/01/2013

Thanks R221

by Anonymousreply 22311/01/2013

R207, you have a lot of fucking issues, old man. I'm sure you are extremely old.

by Anonymousreply 22411/01/2013

That boy next door is SO cute. He brought cookies over.

by Anonymousreply 22511/02/2013

How do we know Luke the neighbor is gay?

by Anonymousreply 22611/02/2013

[quote] I'm sure you are extremely old.

Like this is an insult? It's an achievement.

by Anonymousreply 22711/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 22811/02/2013

LanGe's powerhouse acting has always REDEEMED THIS SHOW. sO far it hasn't happened...

I got the feeling the younger version of Lange's character is played by her untalented daughter...

by Anonymousreply 22911/02/2013

[quote] Down Syndrome is an intellectual disability, not a physical illness.

Down syndrome usually comes with a myriad of physical problems such as cardiac problems and several types of cancer especially leukemia.

by Anonymousreply 23011/02/2013

Is anyone else getting redirected to a dodgey apple giveaway? Whenever I come on this site i get it and I'm not happy.

R230 that's exactly what I was referring to when I said DS means less than perfect health. I wasn't trying to be callous. Someone else has commented on this but I love that Nan being Down Syndrome hasn't been mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 23111/02/2013

A chromosomal disorder itself wouldn't be considered 'perfect' health. It's called a disorder for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 23211/02/2013

r229, well it's not her daughter, so your "feeling" means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 23311/02/2013

Do we think that maybe all of the creepy old dolls are potentially all of Fiona's victims that have somehow been transformed by Spalding? Granted I think that Riley Voelkel [with her severe case of white trash face] was cast not for looking like Lange, but for looking like Roberts, so it is possible Spalding is going to have some sexy times with the corpse.

I also wonder if there is something to Hank maybe trying to get Kaylee pregnant, and then trying to steal the fetus. Is he a warlock, or did Cordelia marry a "commoner"?

There was also something about the look that Nan gave when the council was questioning her that makes me think she may be a spy or something. I'm so glad that Jamie Brewer is back this season, as she is one of the biggest talents to come out of the show.

Was anyone else hoping that the flapper zombie was going to be the 1920's Supreme?

by Anonymousreply 23411/02/2013

The young Fiona should have been played by Alison Lohman, who covincingly played a young Jessica Lange in "Big Fish"....

by Anonymousreply 23511/02/2013

Potential Supreme clues...

Next week's episode "Burn, Witch. Burn!" - Zoe unleashes a new power.

The following week's "The Axeman Cometh" - Cordelia's new power brings on a heartbreaking revelation.

by Anonymousreply 23611/02/2013

(R234) Denis is going to have a sex scene. I guess it must be with the corpse. I can't wait to see him without a shirt...he is build, & very sexy.

by Anonymousreply 23711/02/2013

ooop, I meant Built. not build

by Anonymousreply 23811/02/2013

Yeah neither Nan or Queenie would actually fit the definition of perfect health. This show could try to pretend otherwise, but realistically down's syndrome and being morbidly obese are serious health problems.

Zoe is the obvious choice for the next Supreme, though I think Misty would be a nice curveball.

by Anonymousreply 23911/02/2013

Why would anyone think we would understand and be sympathetic towards Delphine's racism from the backstory we saw?

She herself says it best in Episode 1: "Because I can."

Oh, OK.

by Anonymousreply 24011/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 24111/02/2013

Nan could have set the curtains on fire, and she could also be mentally manipulating men into fucking her with the same power that Fiona tried to elicit from Madison at the outdoor cafe.

She's also clairvoyant and already knows what happened to Madison, if not from reading Fiona's mind, then from Spalding's. Nan knows that Fiona will kill anyone she suspects is the new Supreme and will not fade away willingly, so she has slyly brought the Council in for backup. Fiona demonstrated clairvoyance when she was in California with the stem cell doctor, but has not shown it again since being in New Orleans and around Nan.

Nan has also made cryptic statements to Zoe about Frankenkyle that might indicate she can see the future.

Aside from Fiona, Nan is the one who has manifested the most powers. Misty Day has demonstrated resurgence and healing, although healing may be part of resurgence. Zoe has demonstrated succubus power and potentially resurgence, if it was her kiss that brought Frankenkyle to life. Queenie has demonstrated HUMAN VOODOO DOLL BITCH and the ability to withstand being gored by minotaur penis. Cordelia has demonstrated ??? Potioneering, maybe?

Nan is very definitely the Supreme.

by Anonymousreply 24211/02/2013

R241 For the same reason a supreme would use a knife twice?

Was the woman whose son was lynched the same woman in modern day that Marie gave the money to and gave the free hairstyle to? I thought I heard her being called by the same name but I can't be sure.

by Anonymousreply 24311/02/2013

r243....yes...her name is Cora

by Anonymousreply 24411/02/2013

I also wondered why Cora seems to not realize that Marie hasn't aged.

by Anonymousreply 24511/02/2013

r245...because they all know who Marie is...thats why nobody is fazed when people come into the shop asking for her to get help.

by Anonymousreply 24611/02/2013

(R242) Good point about Nan & the thought reading. She kept reading everyone's thoughts before, even the guy next door about the cake. Maybe she can't read Fiona's but what about Spalding ? unless he's something more than human...This is such a great season, more Q's than A's is good. We are only 4 ep.s in

by Anonymousreply 24711/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 24811/02/2013

[quote]Does anyone find it offensive that they're making Bates' character redeemable? That's the direction they're heading in. The real-life woman was a beast!

R198, yes and no. She's in a completely different time so she should be disoriented. Black people are treated completely differently. They're not property she can abuse and one is even the president. She can either adapt or die.

On the other hand no one knows who she really is except for Fiona, Queenie and Angela's character. I'm sure if they all knew (especially Cordelia or the Witch's Counsel) they would hand her over to the voodoo tribe immediately or get rid of her themselves.

I'm sure Queenie will spill it once she's recovered the first time she gets out of line.

by Anonymousreply 24911/02/2013

Did Fiona really kill Madison on purpose or was it an action in the heat of the moment? It really seemed like she was trying to get Madison to kill her. I mean, why all the theatrics? If she wanted to kill Madison, she could have just killed her right off the bat. Fiona really did look shocked when she slit her throat and her first reaction was to place her hands over her throat in a useless attempt to stop the bleeding. Of course after it happened, she showed no remorse whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 25011/02/2013

I have the same question, R250. And what really happened with Queenie and the Minotaur? Did it attack her or attack her and rape her?

by Anonymousreply 25111/02/2013

[quote] if not from reading Fiona's mind, then from Spalding's

That begs the question of why Fiona keeps Nan around, assuming Nan can read the the aforementioned minds.

by Anonymousreply 25211/02/2013

R248, I don't know how magic works in AHS Coven lore, but in traditional witchcraft, harming a fellow witch by black magic requires a lot of preparation and energy since a smart witch would have protected herself from harmful magic with protection spells, amulets, and aligning oneself with the Divine. Those are strong forces to combat. Also, a witch using black magic is both stupid and dangerous because that negativity will return to him or her threefold.

by Anonymousreply 25311/02/2013

I'm more than a week delayed in watching episodes of AHS Coven, and so am trying not to read ahead in the threads...

But may I just say that Jessica Lange has been amazing in the first three hours, and Kathy Bates cracks me up. "LIIIIIEESSS!"

But my favorite thing in the early episodes is Lily Rabe as the outsider witch, with Stevie Nicks as her inspiration. Brilliant.

As a Stevie Nicks fan myself, I can't help but wonder whether she had to approve the use of her music and...shawls, boots, twirling...her persona really.

There's been talk for for years about a Fleetwood Mac biopic, and I guess we now know who should be in the front running to play Stevie Nicks.

by Anonymousreply 25411/02/2013

Ryan Murphy said he got the ok from Stevie to use 6 songs in the show. She worked on Glee, I believe, so I guess he had an "in" with her.

Lily's witch is my favorite...good musical taste and sexy to boot!

by Anonymousreply 25511/02/2013

I was really surprised she let them use "Sara" which she won't sing at concerts any longer, saying it's too personal and hard for her.

by Anonymousreply 25611/02/2013

It wasn't until this week's episode when I saw Spalding in flashback with dark hair that I realized that's Russell Edgington from True Blood. I didn't recognize him at all before that.

by Anonymousreply 25711/02/2013

[quote]As a Stevie Nicks fan myself, I can't help but wonder whether she had to approve the use of her music and...shawls, boots, twirling...her persona really.

Yes, she approved. She loves "Glee" and when Ryan Murphy approached her about using her music, she jumped and even made an appearance on set to met the cast.

by Anonymousreply 25811/02/2013

Queenie becomes preggers.

by Anonymousreply 25911/03/2013

Nothing wrong with Stevie Nicks, but here's some real witchy music from New Orleans:

"Walk on Guilded Splinters" by Dr. John from 1968.

by Anonymousreply 26011/03/2013

Why is Spalding's hair blonde now when it was dark when he was younger? I could understand him being gray, but it's definitely blonde now.

Also, when he wrapped up Madison's body in the rug and carried her away with her feet sticking out, did anyone else get a "Wicked Witch of the East" vibe? Madison's shoes were silver, just like the silver slippers in the original "Oz" novel.

Mr. Cordelia (Hank?) needs to get together with Mr. Lizzie from "The Blacklist."

by Anonymousreply 26111/03/2013

I think Spalding is the one burned at the stake next week. They'll find Madisons body and think he killed her. Before Fiona lights the fire, she says, "Any last words ?". That's exactly what SHE would say to a person with no tongue.

by Anonymousreply 26211/03/2013

I saw this another board

Having been a chubby chick my whole life, I couldn't help but put together the idea of the fat girl wanting to have sex with a bull meaning she was a cow. Maybe that wasn't their intention, but it still left me with yet another level of discomfort.

----------------

Anyone think that's what RM was going for?

by Anonymousreply 26311/03/2013

Season 2 is still my fav.

And Miss Lange was robbed of the Emmy.

I want to know how badly disfigured Cordella is going to be. Like the lisp wasn't bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 26411/03/2013

R261, Blonde? His hair is brown with streaks of silver. Yes, I did pick up on the Oz reference. Add that to the "don't make me drop a house on you" Oz reference, and Fiona's introduction in Episode 1, with her umbrella simulating a black orb (as opposed to Glinda the Good Witch's pinkish bubble).

R262, interesting prediction, but is Spalding a witch? Why burn him at the stake? I was thinking that it was Myrtle Snow. After all, Spalding did implicate her as the culprit behind his losing his tongue. This would be deviously ironic since Myrtle had matchbook in pocket, ready to see Fiona go down in flames.

by Anonymousreply 26511/03/2013

(R262) no way it's Spalding at the steak. Fiona is after who ever she thinks threw the acid at her daughter , The voodoo people are in trouble. Plus she knows she needs Spalding for ever thing.

by Anonymousreply 26611/03/2013

R264 This pic was posted on IMDB of Cordelia's face. It will probably get worse over time. I think she will end up blind too.

I think Paulson's lisp is less noticeable this season.

by Anonymousreply 26711/03/2013

r265...regardless of being a witch or not, he's one of them. He's been there for decades, they talk freely around him, and he knows all their secrets. They would get rid of him the same way they would get rid of one of their own.

by Anonymousreply 26811/03/2013

r266...and she also knows he would take the fall for her...he cut out his own tongue to protect her.

by Anonymousreply 26911/03/2013

LaLaurie said she was a woman of her time. I think it will be shown that now that she is in our time she will be more normal, perhaps being sympathetic midwife to Queenie's bastard bullato offspring.

by Anonymousreply 27011/03/2013

(R268) I see your point but even in the flash back, Myrtle says "Spalding is always cleaning up Fiona's mess" He didn't rat her out in the note & she knows he'll help her. Plus Ryan said there's a lot more Spalding in this season.

by Anonymousreply 27111/03/2013

I hope they don't "humanise" Lalaurie too much. The stuff she did to her slaves was abhorrent. Even taking into account the mores of the time, she was inhumane.

Also, I want Bates to have similar opportunities as Lange and Bassett in the show. Meek and cowed is no fun.

by Anonymousreply 27211/03/2013

No way it's Spalding at the steak , that makes no sense what so ever . Fiona is not in any trouble BECAUSE Spalding saved her by writing down Myrtle Snow on the note & She had a fit about it. She may have thrown the acid...She said "you are blind to your mother's ways" Spalding doesn't even come into the equation of the burning

by Anonymousreply 27311/03/2013

[quote] No way it's Spalding at the steak

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 27411/03/2013

r273...It makes perfect sense...if they find him with Madisons body.

by Anonymousreply 27511/03/2013

stake ...happy now. The spell check puts down the wrong things sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 27611/03/2013

R239, the wording of Cordelia's statement about the Supreme being in perfect health did leave room for Nan or Queenie to be in contention. I don't remember the line exactly, but it seemed to indicate that the Supreme only has perfect health once they start manifesting their real power.

This could mean that a rising Supreme wouldn't have any new health problems, like Madison's heart murmur, while not fixing an immutable characteristic like Nan's Down Syndrome, or a condition that puts someone at grave risk for health concerns like Queenie's obesity.

by Anonymousreply 27711/03/2013

If she keeps talking about the Supreme, I'll snatch that bitch bald!

by Anonymousreply 27811/03/2013

They haven't indicated at what age a witch could become a supreme. We're all focused on the girls at the school, but what about Misty?

by Anonymousreply 27911/03/2013

r279...I dont think age is relevent...Anna Lee said she was 29, and they stated Fiona was the youngest to ever take the position.

by Anonymousreply 28011/03/2013

Ryan Murphy talks about Stevie Nicks and her part in Coven:

by Anonymousreply 28111/03/2013

Spalding would be a more compelling character if we had some sympathetic back story for his love for Fiona -- it's the major crux of his character and we get it in 30 seconds as explainalogue.

Also, if Paulson winds up being the supreme, that'll be some bullshit — since she's totally blind to her husband's real personality. And wouldn't the girl with ESP have met the husband and blown his cover by now?

Wouldnt she have blown Fiona's cover with the murder? Even if Fiona can mask her thoughts, Spalding doesnt have the same gifts.

by Anonymousreply 28211/03/2013

I'm not inclined to think Cordelia is the next Supreme, but perhaps by losing her sight, she'll be able to truly "see."

by Anonymousreply 28311/03/2013

R282, which leads me to believe that Nan the Clairvoyant knows more than she lets on. She, after all, called the Council, rather than just going straight to Cordelia to report her suspicions.

by Anonymousreply 28411/03/2013

From the link at r281. Ryan on Evan: "The next episode has an insane Kyle/Evan story. He’s such a great actor, and I love what he does physically. He really has risen to the challenge of the part. It’s really hard to not speak for a television show, because television shows are pretty much all about dialogue."

Love what he does physically. Risen. Hard.

Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 28511/04/2013

Good point r284. I would love if Nan turned out to be the next Supreme — even though the "perfect health" caveat ruled that out, if Cordelia wasn't just pulling that out of her ass.

Another point: Ryan said in the 281 interview that Misty is not romantically interested in Zoe, but I think that's a real missed opportunity -- given Zoe's tendency to kill her lovers and Misty's ability to resurrect. Regardless of gender, there's a potential for a really beautiful romantic quality there.

by Anonymousreply 28611/04/2013

Are there A H S viewing parties at gay bars?

by Anonymousreply 28711/04/2013

I want to know more about this seven wonders and the perfect health caveat. Can a witch manifest the seven wonders yet be in less than optimum health? If so, does the Council have veto power on whether a witch ascends to Supreme? I'm beginning to wonder if Nan possesses more powers than she lets on, and whether she's pulling strings because she resents not being afforded the opportunity to become Supreme.

by Anonymousreply 28811/04/2013

Thank you 217. Someone watches too much TV but apparently cant be bothered to read a newspaper. Personally, I think it is tragic that Laveau is immortal and has so much power but can only occasionally exact revenge in a place as hate-filled as New Orleans.

If it were me I would have sent the zombie hordes to devour all of Metaire and Kenner decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 28911/04/2013

Good point, R279. The next Supreme does not currently live in the house and is therefore safe from Fiona. The next Supreme may not yet know that she/he is a witch.

by Anonymousreply 29111/04/2013

Missed opportunity not showing the Minotaur gore Precious.

by Anonymousreply 29211/04/2013

[quote]stake ...happy now. The spell check puts down the wrong things sometimes.

Yes, blame it on spell check, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 29311/04/2013

I wish Leslie Jordan were the next Supreme. I'd like to see him fly around the room.

by Anonymousreply 29411/04/2013

R291 Misty was killed in the first episode. No one except Zoe knows she resurrected herself. Living alone, she could be developing other abilities no one knows about.

Misty also says that Zoe "summoned" her back in ep 2. So did Misty just pick up on Zoe's distress somehow or did Zoe really summon her. Which of them is demonstrating an ability here?

by Anonymousreply 29511/04/2013

(R282) I read Spaldings background will be explained more. Where he comes from & what he is.

by Anonymousreply 29611/04/2013

Remember Fiona asked Emma Roberys to kill her before she accidentally killed her...

by Anonymousreply 29711/04/2013

r295, Misty said the spell the girls did to resurrect Kyle was powerful enough that she felt it going on and she went to investigate and that's what summoned her.

by Anonymousreply 29811/04/2013

Every time they mention the Supreme I expect Honey Boo Boo to come running out with crown akimbo

by Anonymousreply 29911/04/2013

[quote]Remember Fiona asked Emma Roberys to kill her before she accidentally killed her...

I believe Fiona already had tested Roberts character and knew she would not be killed. That was NO accident.

by Anonymousreply 30011/04/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 30111/04/2013

Will they be showing AHS at the ABS?

by Anonymousreply 30211/04/2013

Am I the only one who finds nothing remotely appealing about Evan Peters? I don't get the lust for this guy. Is it mainly from the elder crowd?

by Anonymousreply 30311/04/2013

Yes, R303, just you.

by Anonymousreply 30411/04/2013

Peters doesn't do much for me. He's conventionally attractive, though.

by Anonymousreply 30511/04/2013

Not just you r303. And I don't find his acting that great either.

After an interesting setup between Zoe and Misty, there seems to be nothing more between the two. That's an opportunity wasted, like others have felt.

I get a feeling Alex Breckenridge character has something more to her.

Could it be that the acid attack was really targeted at Fiona, to make her feel the pain of having her loved one hurt, just like Bastien is to Marie. That would make sense.

by Anonymousreply 30611/04/2013

I'm in my 30s and I would ride Evan Peters into the sunset. He's not conventionally great-looking (well, I guess there are arguments for and against that, now that I see R305's post), but I prefer guys that are on the scruffy side and damaged. I would take him over the pretty-boy neighbor any day, for example.

by Anonymousreply 30711/04/2013

The scruffy Evan Peters doesn't really do it for me. The clean cut Peters from Season Two, however...surprisingly hot.

by Anonymousreply 30811/04/2013

(R301) Ryan said Emma Roberts will be in many, many, many more episodes. ( That's right, 3 manys) That makes me wonder, will she rise from the dead this Wednesday ? Or will she just stay in Spaldings room as his sex doll...

by Anonymousreply 30911/04/2013

I think Emma Roberts was really enjoyable as Madison and a great addition to the show. I think most of the dislike is due to her being a product of nepotism and her crazy off screen antics, which are understandable reasons not to like her.

by Anonymousreply 31011/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 31111/04/2013

I find it interesting that the Coven seems to be Wiccan with some psychic powers thrown it, with an evil(ish) affect, while Marie Laveau is all sunshine and generosity,but full-on Voodoo.

by Anonymousreply 31211/04/2013

[quote]Am I the only one who finds nothing remotely appealing about Evan Peters?

Thank you for your input. Mr Peters has been fired from the production. His management has dropped him and he his dog ran away. Happy now?

by Anonymousreply 31311/04/2013

I'm currently trying to beat some attractiveness into the worthless shit.

by Anonymousreply 31411/04/2013

American Horror Story fan page on FB posted photos of the person going to be burned tonight. I didn't want to give it away, but it is a women. Go check it out if you want to know.

by Anonymousreply 31511/06/2013

There is a big difference between speculation and spoilers.

THANK YOU to everyone for keeping this (and any subsequent) AHS thread spoiler free!

by Anonymousreply 31611/06/2013

I still think it's gonna be Myrtle because Fiona has to get rid of her. So between Spalding implicating her with that note in the murder of the old supreme & the acid thing, Fiona is out for her blood.

by Anonymousreply 31711/06/2013

Where is the photo? I cannot find it.

by Anonymousreply 31811/06/2013

The photos are on Facebook . American Horror Story Fan page...not the official page

by Anonymousreply 31911/06/2013

To Search on Facebook for the photos , put in the search bar American Horror Story @ahs_fans & don't forget to "Like" the page

by Anonymousreply 32011/06/2013

To no surprise given the great ratings the show has been getting, AHS was renewed for a 4th season.

by Anonymousreply 32111/06/2013

Thanks!

Well... it isn't surprising. I think it'll be a dream sequence, though.

by Anonymousreply 32211/06/2013

Anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 32311/06/2013

That scene in the hospital with the mom and the baby?

I would serve myself to Jessica Lange naked with an apple in my mouth. She's so good.

by Anonymousreply 32411/06/2013

Apparently, a mom did resuscitate her dead baby thru snuggling. AHS didn't make it up.

by Anonymousreply 32511/06/2013

Re-animated dead family member at the window scratching to get in......

Omg 'Salems Lot fucking Realness!!!

by Anonymousreply 32611/06/2013

That hospital needs to seriously change its light bulbs! Too much. But good episode so far.

by Anonymousreply 32711/06/2013

Uh oh. Lily brought her back.

by Anonymousreply 32811/06/2013

Damn that Misty! Can't she leave anybody dead?

by Anonymousreply 32911/06/2013

I called Cordelia gaining "sight" by losing her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 33011/06/2013

I suspected it was the red head but if not here who the fuck blinded her daughter?

by Anonymousreply 33111/06/2013

Jesus, Precious really can't act. She simply sucks the life out of every scene that she's in.

by Anonymousreply 33211/06/2013

I don't know where the hell this story is going, but it is one hell of a fun hour of television every week.

Homages: Every zombie movie ever made, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Exorcist, Joan of Arc.

by Anonymousreply 33311/06/2013

My DVR fucked up. Again. What was the last scene? Did Lily Rabe bring Myrtle back?

by Anonymousreply 33411/07/2013

So Zoe's Diana Ross?

by Anonymousreply 33511/07/2013

Yes, R334. Misty found a charred Myrtle, wrapped her hands around her head then Myrtles eyes popped open.

by Anonymousreply 33611/07/2013

Misty is drawn ... To ... Something!

by Anonymousreply 33711/07/2013

I really hope Fiona didn't blind her own daughter. Gee who could of guessed little Zoe would be the one with the kick ass super witch power?!

by Anonymousreply 33811/07/2013

Zoe has her original witch power. Why didn't she use it on each of the zombies instead of using the chainsaw?

by Anonymousreply 33911/07/2013

Intense fear triggered her potential r339. I'm thinking seeing Myrtle burned on the stake also triggered something, that's why the zoom in to her eyes. Or maybe once again she unconsciously summoned Misty to the scene.

by Anonymousreply 34011/07/2013

I wasn't feeling this episode tonight. Zombies are a little played out, and I don't really find Angela Bassett's character that interesting.

I hope things pick up a little next week.

by Anonymousreply 34111/07/2013

"Or maybe once again she unconsciously summoned Misty to the scene."

I really like that idea. Which makes me wonder: Could the Supreme be The Supremes? Misty and Zoe?

by Anonymousreply 34211/07/2013

R334 Your DVR may not be fucking up. The show sometimes runs longer then usual, 2 to 15 minutes. Check the running time on the show next time you set your DVR.

by Anonymousreply 34311/07/2013

I'm starting to really feel the Rocky Horror in this show. "Riff Raff" cracks me up with his dancing in drag and all the creepy dolls.

"Magenta" aka Frances Conroy and the flaming red hair. And I'm guessing that Evan is "Rocky," with the buff bod.

At first I was a little put off by Jessica wiping her hands after touching Gabby's face, but then I started to wonder... is that her way of usurping some power from her? Or possibly trying to get a feel for who the new Supreme will be?

Why can't Fiona tell that Zoe is the new Supreme? Or is she?

I still say that Addie's boyfriend is gay and Patti Lupone will send him to gay therapy.

I keep forgetting that AHS continues in the Spring. I can't even imagine how the writers develop a storyline for this show over such a long time frame.

by Anonymousreply 34411/07/2013

I hope Zoe isn't the new Supreme. I don't think she's that interesting a character.

And what's this about AHS continuing in the spring? I thought it was one and done by January.

by Anonymousreply 34511/07/2013

[quote]I hope Zoe isn't the new Supreme. I don't think she's that interesting a character.

Really, you mean The Supreme couldn't possibly be the naive milquetoast witch who will grow more interesting and powerful through the season? You actually need a hammer to the head?

by Anonymousreply 34611/07/2013

[quote] I keep forgetting that AHS continues in the Spring.

Um, no. This season is 13 episodes. It will be over in January.

by Anonymousreply 34711/07/2013

what kind of hospital was Cordelia supposed to be in? that all seemed like a dream/nightmare sequence

by Anonymousreply 34811/07/2013

why couldnt the witches use their powers against the zombies? and can zombies actually be killed?

by Anonymousreply 34911/07/2013

Fiona was hopped up on dolls, R348. It was her perception, not reality.

by Anonymousreply 35011/07/2013

Interesting, R350. I'll have to watch again with that in mind. So was seeing Myrtle get on the elevator real or imagined?

by Anonymousreply 35111/07/2013

Does anyone else have a major crush on Josh Hamilton since always?

by Anonymousreply 35211/07/2013

Zoe and Misty have a yin/yang type connection of life and death - perhaps they are twinned souls of some kind.

I'm tired of speculating who the Supreme is. Murphy claims it will be a big surprise, so Zoe is too obvious. But it really isn't that important to me right now.

by Anonymousreply 35311/07/2013

I can't wait for Emma Roberts to come back to life. I really love her character.

by Anonymousreply 35411/07/2013

[quote] I'm tired of speculating who the Supreme is. Murphy claims it will be a big surprise, so Zoe is too obvious.

It's gonna be Patti LuPone, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 35511/07/2013

I have a theory about who threw the acid on Cordelia, feel free to poke holes in it.

Who was the ONKLY character missing from that episode? all the other characters are pretty much busy fighting off zombies, Fiona was sitting at the bar , and marie Laveau was ten feet off the ground at the time.

That just leaves AHS version of good old nosy neighbor Gladys Kravitz, the "far too important to play a mere neighbour".., Miss Patti-Lou Pone!

"burn witch |burn" was the title, sounds biblical and Patti is a religious freak , so since acid " burns" what else is a good christian women to do ?

by Anonymousreply 35611/07/2013

R356, I guess it's possible. But I think the writers would've at least established that Patti knows who Cordelia is. IIRC, Patti's only me Fiona and the witchettes.

by Anonymousreply 35711/07/2013

Fiona wipes her clammy hands after touching Queenie: EEEEVIL! (and nasty-funny)

by Anonymousreply 35811/07/2013

[quote]I have a theory about who threw the acid on Cordelia, feel free to poke holes in it.

It was Myrtle. Didn't you watch last night's episode?

Am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 35911/07/2013

[quote]I can't wait for Emma Roberts to come back to life. I really love her character.

Loved, loved when he pulled her arm off.

[quote]why couldnt the witches use their powers against the zombies? and can zombies actually be killed?

They are in training, they didn't know how to or know all the powers they possess.

by Anonymousreply 36011/07/2013

Re. the hand wiping thing. I thought Fiona was holding Gabourey's face like that and looking at her so intensely to detect if she was possibly the new Supreme or had any growing powers. She didn't find any so she wiped her hands in mild disgust.

But she let her think that she was special and could possibly be the next Supreme to get her to step up and be a witch, bitch! Give her a bit of confidence.

by Anonymousreply 36111/07/2013

R359 Fiona said it was Myrtle but that doesn't mean she did it. Did't you see Fiona and Queenie 's conversation. Fiona had Queenie do her self Voodoo Doll thing with her hand in the acid on Myrtle to make it look like Myrtle was guilty. Queenie even felt guilty about it. She even made a comment about thinking she was going to roust her and not roast her.

by Anonymousreply 36211/07/2013

The new supreme is the gay guy from will and grace

by Anonymousreply 36311/07/2013

R362 - I totally missed that. Where was I? I thought I caught everything. Was that in the flash back thing during Fiona's trial?

by Anonymousreply 36411/07/2013

Unless the Supreme is a witch we haven't met yet I don't see how any of the current choices would be a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 36511/07/2013

Patty Lapone was conspicuously absent from last night's doings, despite an active role for her son. How are they going to explain (1) his absence and (2) his injuries? Witchcraft?

by Anonymousreply 36611/07/2013

Last night's episode was disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 36711/07/2013

When Queenie is cornered by the zombie, she slits her own throat, which is transferred to the zombie, whose throat opens up and spews out dirt. Makes sense, what else would be inside a zombie?

Yet when Zoe slices up all the other zombies with a chainsaw, blood is squirting everywhere.

When Queenie harms herself in order to harm others, they feel the pain. Recall the flashback in which she stuck her hand in a vat of boiling oil, causing agonizing pain to her target.

Yet when she stuck her fingers in a container of acid in order to frame Myrtle, the only result was Myrtle's disfigured hand. Myrtle didn't even know it was happening until her glove came off.

by Anonymousreply 36811/07/2013

How can people with Down syndrome become actors?

by Anonymousreply 36911/07/2013

Diana Ross is the Supreme!

by Anonymousreply 37011/07/2013

I'm with R367. Last nights episode placed me in the "style over substance" crowd. The whole zombie apocalypse was goofy and pointless, the shuffling down the corridor scene went on forever, and it was really, really a cheat that Fiona "found" Myrtle's motel room and the audience knew absolutely nothing about it. They should have had her walking into a motel room earlier in the episode or earlier in the series so we could all wonder what was up-but no-we'll just throw that in there. Am I to believe that the withes would just leave a burnt body out there for anyone to find? The albinos? WHY? Style first-story second.

by Anonymousreply 37111/07/2013

[quote]When Queenie is cornered by the zombie, she slits her own throat, which is transferred to the zombie, whose throat opens up and spews out dirt. Makes sense, what else would be inside a zombie? Yet when Zoe slices up all the other zombies with a chainsaw, blood is squirting everywhere.

Embalmed vs. Un-embalmed

[quote]When Queenie harms herself in order to harm others, they feel the pain. Recall the flashback in which she stuck her hand in a vat of boiling oil, causing agonizing pain to her target. Yet when she stuck her fingers in a container of acid in order to frame Myrtle, the only result was Myrtle's disfigured hand. Myrtle didn't even know it was happening until her glove came off.

Human vs. Witch

by Anonymousreply 37211/07/2013

But, R372, Cordelia sure as shit screamed when acid was thrown in her face. Wanna try again?

by Anonymousreply 37311/07/2013

Coz Cordelia is a pussy

by Anonymousreply 37411/07/2013

R373, Queenie used her power to indirectly burn Myrtle's hand, while Cordelia was directly hit with the acid. There must be a significant difference.

by Anonymousreply 37511/07/2013

So Fiona can bring a dead baby back to life? Is there anything she can't do? I realize it's silly to talk about logic when dealing with a show about the supernatural, but jeez. There's got to be some internal consistency.

by Anonymousreply 37611/07/2013

Yes, R375, one we will never be told-again-the guy Queenie burned "indirectly" was screaming as well. You are the perfect watcher for this show-don't question, just adore Jessica in the pointy hat.

by Anonymousreply 37711/07/2013

Actually Myrtle did yell out that she was being hurt when Fiona grabbed her hand, but everyone thought it was because how Fiona grabbed her and not what Queenie had done in secret.

by Anonymousreply 37811/07/2013

But what everyone may have missed, R377, is perhaps Queenie's "magic" didn't actually work on Myrtle, and the burns on her skin ARE indeed from the acid attack on Cordelia.

by Anonymousreply 37911/07/2013

Last night's episode was one of the scariest they've ever had. I thought it was the best so far this season. Going from campy to scary keeps the show fresh and exciting.

by Anonymousreply 38011/07/2013

Lalaurie: Perhaps our shared tragedies can bring us closer together.

Fiona: I doubt it. You are, after all, only the maid.

by Anonymousreply 38111/07/2013

Fiona to Cordelia's husband in the hospital room (paraphrasing): *... you're only one step up from the men who wait in front of Home Depot." (re: his bouncing from job to job)

by Anonymousreply 38211/07/2013

[quote]Patti Lupone will send him to gay therapy.

Which is ironic, cuz Patti normally drives men away from heterosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 38311/07/2013

Now, I mentioned Dr. John in my previous post [260] a few days ago and guess who's music popped up in the last episode? Maybe I should become the new Supreme!

by Anonymousreply 38411/07/2013

Meanwhile, Frankenkyle roams the streets of Nola...

by Anonymousreply 38511/07/2013

R380 is joking right? Last night was the campiest episode yet. How could anyone find that episode "scary?"

The show is too campy for my tastes. Only watching for the amazing actresses.

by Anonymousreply 38611/07/2013

Gabourey Sidibe's acting gets worse by the episode. She is the most horrifying thing about this horror show.

by Anonymousreply 38711/07/2013

Well, smell you, R377!

by Anonymousreply 38811/07/2013

Am I the only one who's loving Gabby this season? I think she's hilarious and perfect as Queenie. She's a much better actress than the girl playing Nan.

Not everyone on the show needs to be a Shakespearean actor.

by Anonymousreply 38911/07/2013

Loves me some Fiona and, of course, Marie. I wish there was more Marie, and not just her fight with Fiona's coven.

LaLaurie is a tough one. I love Bates acting, but even as well played as the character is it's hard to humanize someone who has done the horrific things LaLaurie has.

The younger characters don't do anything for me.

by Anonymousreply 39011/07/2013

[quote]Am I the only one who's loving Gabby this season?

Yes, I like her, Bates goes out looking for the butler as they are being attack by zombies... "And bring me a Coke!'

by Anonymousreply 39111/07/2013

This show always gives me bad dreams. Same with The Walking Dead. I'm not finding much that is "fun" this season. It's lurid and all over the place and doesn't seem to have much to do with Witchcraft. The depiction of Hoodoo/Vodou is more realistic. Queenie can't act and is just too hard to look at. My favorite character is Misty. She is much more like the real Witches that I have known. I don't think the Fiona character is doing much for Lange's reputation. What I mean is Bates has the meatier part and is doing a fantastic job of making LaLaurie almost sympathetic at times. I love Basset's depiction of Marie Laveau. I am glad that Myrtle is going to have more screen time. The Zombie's were laughable. I did think of The Exorcist when LaLaurie's daughter was going after Queenie. It was hard to pick the most unattractive one of the two.

by Anonymousreply 39211/07/2013

The show is only worth watching for the older cast members. They are, without exception, fantastic.

The younger ones are completely forgettable. Surely they could have found better young actors than that bunch.

by Anonymousreply 39311/07/2013

I love the older cast too. All doing great jobs. My favorite is character is Spalding. He's so funny in the nightgown scenes. I wonder what he's gonna do with the body now that's stinking & falling apart. & where the hell is his sex scene I keep reading about? Flash back maybe ?

by Anonymousreply 39411/07/2013

"I doubt that, after all, You are the maid"

by Anonymousreply 39511/07/2013

Like it or not, Gabby is the breakout star of Coven. She steals every scene she's in, even upstaging Lange and Bates.

"And bring me a Coke!" was the funniest line last night.

by Anonymousreply 39611/07/2013

Yeah right r396. Five words. All monosyllabic and I still barely understood her. She is *not* an actress. She's a curiosity. Sorta like Marty Feldman.

by Anonymousreply 39711/07/2013

I thought the funniest line so far was in the last episode when Queenie is eating and tells LaLaurie that Dr Phil says that people over eat to compensate for not getting enough love when they were children. And Bates says in the long slow drawl, "I think you ought to seek a new physician".

by Anonymousreply 39811/07/2013

LaLaurie: "Break her leg, if you must."

by Anonymousreply 39911/07/2013

Was it not Cordelia's husband that blinded her? Isn't that why she had the reaction when he grabbed her hand in the hospital ???

by Anonymousreply 40111/07/2013

(R401) She had the vision because she has a new power now. I doubt he blinded her. & it was not Fiona because she ran into that old guy in the hospital that she didn't. It must be the voodoo people.

by Anonymousreply 40311/07/2013

[quote]why couldnt the witches use their powers against the zombies?

Um, they did.

Or at least Queenie did. What were the other witches going to do, though? The one chick can read minds, and she said she couldnt read theirs. Zoe can fuck people to death. So not many options.

by Anonymousreply 40411/07/2013

R404 For a minute there, I almost thought Zoe was going to try to fuck-kill one of the zombies.

by Anonymousreply 40511/07/2013

Evan Peters has been given a shit storyline this season. He must've stopped blowing Ryan Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 41011/07/2013

[quote] Was it not Cordelia's husband that blinded her? Isn't that why she had the reaction when he grabbed her hand in the hospital

Um, no. She had the reaction because she saw a vision of him fucking another woman.

by Anonymousreply 41111/07/2013

I think Evan Peters is next door fucking Patti LuPone, since neither of them has been seen much lately.

by Anonymousreply 41211/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 41311/07/2013

They really need to define the powers of each witch and how they work. Some clunky exposition would be great to explain the limitations and how the powers work or don't work.

Marie levitating looked so relaxing. I'd want that power.

by Anonymousreply 41411/07/2013

Myrtle's power is that she is "the guardian of veracity in the vernacular" - i.e. making people tell the truth. Could she really have thrown the acid as part of some spell to get Cordelia to see truths? I think Cordelia and Myrtle will team up against Fiona.

Where the fuck was LuPone - she's a pretty crappy fundie type - Margaret White would never have let Carrie go out to give desserts to the neighbors!

by Anonymousreply 41511/07/2013

So what are the "7 Wonders" that a witch must perform to prove they are the next supreme?

by Anonymousreply 41611/08/2013

'American Horror Story': Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett approached to return for season 4 -- EXCLUSIVE

This season of American Horror Story has seen the delicious additions of Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett to the cast, playing immortal archenemies Madame LaLaurie and Marie Laveaux, respectively. Now it looks like Coven might not be the last time we see the pair on the FX franchise: Series co-creator Ryan Murphy tells EW exclusively that he wants both stars to return for season 4, which was just announced.

“I have approached them and they wanna do it,” says Murphy. He adds, “That’s very exciting when you can work with A.) actresses you’ve always idolized and B.) those two are loving this season. They love what they get to do. Kathy Bates sent the writers a basket of plush toys all in the shapes of disemboweled organs. It doesn’t get better than when an Oscar winner sends you a grab bag of stuffed pancreas to say ‘Thank you and job well done.’”

by Anonymousreply 41711/08/2013

Kathy Bates & 'American Horror Story' Are Making Us Like A Murderer And It Feels Weird

FX’s American Horror Story is beloved for making us feel an entire spectrum of emotions that spring from terror to confusion. That’s the series’ bread and butter – or guts and glory, if you will. American Horror Story: Coven, however, has us feeling something very uncomfortable: affection for a notoriously brutal and vile New Orleans murderess. Kathy Bates does an incredible job as Madame LaLaurie, the woman whose house of horrors still stands in New Orleans as a reminder of all the horrible atrocities she committed against her slaves, yet on AHS, she’s suddenly become a sympathetic and, dare I say it, lovable maid with a lot to learn.

There’s a bit of cognitive dissonance that comes with every LaLaurie moment on AHS. For example, the first time she and Queenie (Gabourey Sidibe) spend time together after Fiona (Jessica Lange) deems LaLaurie Queenie’s slave, the newly demoted Madame calls Queenie a “negress” and tells Queenie that if she doesn’t stop eating she’ll never find love. Even though her words are sour, her tone is sweet. Chalk it up to Bates’ ability to add subtlety, but it seems that Madame LaLaurie doesn’t entirely hate Queenie and that perhaps, after 100 or so years in a grave, she’s finally starting to change a little.

Cut to this week, where she’s faced with yet another assassin sent by Marie Leveau. Two weeks ago, it was a Minotaur, this week it’s a flock of zombies, a few of which are the former daughters LaLaurie once locked up for a year in her attic after they joked about murdering her when her disgusting Halloween trick drove another eligible bachelor away. It’s a fitting end for a woman who put the ring leader of the daughters in a cage fit for a small dog, broke her leg, and then threatened to feed her “shit” on Christmas morning.

Only, after watching a flashback with her daughters in cages in which LaLaurie commands her henchman to “just break her leg,” LaLaurie somehow survives this attack and even rescues Queenie from one of her daughter-zombies by stabbing it in the chest. The two women sit on Queenie’s bed and LaLaurie cries on Queenie’s shoulder saying that her daughters had a monster for a mother. We’re supposed to gather that she regrets all of her past behavior.

So what’s the big deal? Everyone loves a redemption story, and in some sense, what’s happening to Madame LaLaurie is what we hope happens to everyone who’s ever chosen the dark side. Now, it appears that LaLaurie is actually learning and growing and changing, suggesting that her ability to do the unspeakable things she did to her slaves can be nurtured out of her, and fast. Overnight, she’s become a sympathetic character we’re almost rooting for. In fact, when she and Queenie embrace after LaLaurie kills the zombie, it’s hard not to feel some sort of comfort that they have each other. Yes, comfort that Queenie and the infamous torturer of slaves (and apparently daughters) have each other.

On one hand, this is an incredible feat on the part of American Horror Story and the actors involved. They’ve done the unthinkable; they’ve made our hearts leap over our brains. But it’s not right. No matter how good of an actress Bates is, it still feels wrong to side with a woman (even one who’s making changes as best she can) whose claim to fame was sewing slaves’ mouths shut, keeping them in cages, drinking their blood to stay young, and (in the AHS version of history) putting that bull’s head on the slave who slept with her daughter. It feels wrong because LaLaurie is not some figment of Ryan Murphy’s imagination. She was a very real, very despicable woman. And most of America is learning that she’s a disfigured soul with the ability to rehabilitate, and not the vicious monster she really was.

True, we have reached the point in our culture where we joke irreverently about the evil that exists in the world. It’s a sort of masking technique: if we mock evil, it can’t be as bad as we think it is. That explains the rash of Jeffrey Dahmer jokes immediately following his arrest and trial back in the ‘90s. But beyond that, people like Adolph Hilter, who’s known worldwide for the atrocities he committed across Europe, have since been resurrected in various comedic forms including “Lil’ Hitler” in a recurring Robot Chicken sketch (below), a singing and dancing Hitler on South Park, and even Hipster Hitler in a popular web comic.

Across the board, his legacy is being used for easy-going comedy. This hasn’t riled the masses or made anyone tilt their head like an inquisitive pug. Instead, we shrug. Either you find that sort of thing funny or you don’t. And we move on.

So why is it so easy to shrug off uses of Hitler that are made for comedy, and ones that even turn him into a little tyke on the playground, but when Madame LaLaurie is made to be a sympathetic character it feels wrong? Certainly, the “too soon” rule doesn’t apply here. However, the legacy rule does. Hilter’s horrible acts are taught in every school across the country. There’s not a person alive in the U.S. above the age of 10 who hasn’t learned about Hitler. When a joke is made about him, our brains automatically know that we’re using the legacy of a mad man like a piñata for our own amusement.

With someone like Madame LaLaurie — whose scope was much smaller, but whose atrocities were so vulgar and so steeped in hate, that sympathy of any kind seems impossible — turning her into comic relief and something of a likable character feels wrong. It doesn’t connect in our minds. We laugh, because a moment is funny or charming, and immediately afterwards comes waves of regret and shame, bubbling up like bad indigestion.

We can’t laugh with her. We can’t find her oddly cute in her ignorant-but-getting-better sort of way. This woman ripped out intestines from a living body as he cried out for mercy. She burned and tortured her slaves because she thought slaves were lesser beings than animals. She was an irreparably horrible person, and accepting that she could regret and change is beyond our comprehension. Yet, there it is before our eyes as she hugs Queenie and cries.

We can’t help but feel something. But perhaps it has something to do with the fact that we’ve already suspended our disbelief so greatly for a show like AHS. We’re willing to allow the notion that witches exist, that they can regenerate life and flip buses with the wave of a hand, that they still burn criminal witches at the stake, that voodoo can raise the dead and turn zombies loose, and that Jessica Lange can live forever.

We’ve accepted the notion that Marie Leveau and her own torture subject Madame LaLaurie are immortal, so perhaps accepting the notion that someone as despicably twisted as LaLaurie can change when given the chance to lay alive in a grave for over 100 years thinking about her sins and being humbled by a wicked witch thereafter. Perhaps, this idea that LaLaurie can become a better person worthy of our chuckles and sympathy is the same as the idea that Fiona touches a stillborn baby in the hospital and brought it back to life. It’s an impossible miracle, and it’s one we sorely want to be true. The notion that we could rehabilitate someone so dastardly feels about as possible as happening upon a unicorn in Central Park.

So rather than letting our brains twist up into angst-ridden knots every time Madame LaLaurie does something right, perhaps we should continue to suspend our disbelief and simply count it the same way we do every other act of magic and witchcraft we see on this series. Some witches can light curtains on fire with their minds, others can convince notorious murders to be good people again. All in a day’s work on American Horror Story.

by Anonymousreply 41811/08/2013

Well R400, R402, R408, R413, you sure post a lot about a show you claim to hate.

by Anonymousreply 41911/08/2013

Hot Luke, neighbor-boy.

by Anonymousreply 42011/08/2013

That next door boy is hot as hell

by Anonymousreply 42111/08/2013

My only complaint about this season...

They must have realized they can now say 'SHIT' so it constantly peppers the dialogue to an annoying degree. maybe its a new drinking game. Take a shot everytime a character says 'shit.'

"You piece of shit."

"I'm gonna stuff shit in your mouth."

by Anonymousreply 42211/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 42311/08/2013

fun season but not much on plot

by Anonymousreply 42411/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 42511/08/2013

Interesting trivia: Jessica Lange shared an apartment with Grace Jones (and Jerry Hall) in the 1970s.

Although I like Angela Bassett, I don't really like her in [italic]Coven[/italic]....wouldn't Grace have made an incredible presence on the show?

by Anonymousreply 42611/08/2013

It's a Ryan Murphy show, of course there's not plot. Not one that hangs together, at least. Same with the first two seasons. All I know is that I'm enjoying this season a hell of a lot more. Your mileage may vary.

by Anonymousreply 42711/08/2013

I think there is a plot: our central questions include, 1) who is the next Supreme? 2) how does Fiona plan to get immortality and/or eternal youth from Madame LaLaurie? 3) what is Hank up to and why? 4) what will happen when Misty Day inevitably brings back Madison?

by Anonymousreply 42811/08/2013

Well, R428 at the very least Madison is gonna have to duct tape her arm back on.

by Anonymousreply 42911/08/2013

r429

You forgot swamp shit! (sorry r422)

by Anonymousreply 43011/08/2013

Every time someone dies on this show I just think, "Well, so what? Misty can just bring them back to life."

by Anonymousreply 43111/08/2013

[quote]wouldn't Grace have made an incredible presence on the show?

Ahhh no.

by Anonymousreply 43211/08/2013

Yes, indeed [R352]. For years. The fact that he looks like my first boyfriend helps. His dad was hunky soap/B movie actor Dan Hamilton.

I need more Lily Rabe!!! She is fantastic, and sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 43311/08/2013

[quote]So what are the "7 Wonders" that a witch must perform to prove they are the next supreme?

Well, one of them is teaching Gabby how to act.

by Anonymousreply 43411/08/2013

^ Ha!

by Anonymousreply 43511/08/2013

I am not sure Misty knows about Madison yet since she seems to get called by Zoe. Zoe does not yet know what happened to Maddy Baby.

by Anonymousreply 43611/08/2013

Fiona blinded her daughter. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 43711/08/2013

Can people who hate this show and come here to these threads and complain about it week after week PLEASE stop watching?

by Anonymousreply 43811/08/2013

(R437) Remember the guy in his under ware in the hospital hallway who said "you didn't actually throw the acid, but you may as well have". Fiona started all the trouble yes, but I think her daughter just got caught in the cross fire.

by Anonymousreply 43911/08/2013

R437: I don't know, Fiona seemed pretty distraught in the hospital. Unless it was all for show....

by Anonymousreply 44011/08/2013

I think the poster who suggested Patty Lapone as the acid thrower might be on to something.

by Anonymousreply 44111/08/2013

I guess Leslie Jordan's character is supposed to be like Truman Capote/Quentin Crisp, but he reminds me of Lionel Twain (as played by Capote) in "Murder by Death."

by Anonymousreply 44211/08/2013

[quote] Remember the guy in his under ware

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 44311/08/2013

r442

I doubt that's unintentional. If they wanted a good Capote they'd have got the INFAMOUS guy - Toby Jones.

by Anonymousreply 44411/08/2013

(R440) For show to who ? she was wondering around by herself. She seemed to be in shock too

by Anonymousreply 44511/08/2013

Patti LuPone has thrown many nasty substances at her enemies over the years, but never actual acid.

by Anonymousreply 44611/08/2013

I don't think it's Fiona.

by Anonymousreply 44711/08/2013

Patti usually makes fellow actors eyes burn by flashing her udders at them.

by Anonymousreply 44811/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 44911/08/2013

It was all an accident. Patti was in the bathroom giving a urine sample when she slipped, causing her pee to splash on Cordelia's face.

by Anonymousreply 45011/08/2013

Why on earth would it be Patti who threw the acid ? If anything she didn't like Fiona when they met. She didn't even meet her.

by Anonymousreply 45111/08/2013

Patti is witch hunter. You heard it here first.

by Anonymousreply 45211/08/2013

(R452)....ummm..you never know. But the axe man guy in next weeks ep. is a witch hunter. How many can there be ?

by Anonymousreply 45311/08/2013

I don't think witch hunters are like "the Supreme".

by Anonymousreply 45411/08/2013

So is Danny Houston going to be a regular cast member now?

by Anonymousreply 45511/08/2013

Great article @r418 I wrote earlier in this thread my two minds about D.L. (Bate's character). I can't get past that it pushes a mindset that I hate: everything is about the redemption of the doer. As if it's not what you do to other people but that you experience some transformation afterward. It only pushes this type of aggressor/antagonist-focus. It's one thing when it's a character on tv but there's a twisted past(reality) that they're referencing. You see the result in many real criminals, they could kill a handful of people but to them, that they've found God or write children's books now, somehow makes up for it. As if their "feel good" story means they shouldn't pay or continue to pay for their crimes. Watch a series of interviews with various criminals, especially those held up as examples of having "turned good" and you'll see what I'm talking about, the extreme focus and concern with self.

So yeah, I love Kathy Bates and she's done a fantastic job with this character but part of me hates that they're making it so easy.

by Anonymousreply 45611/08/2013

I still think Marie got her sidekicks to throw that acid. The jar has got to be a clue. And it would make sense to strike at Fiona by hurting the ones she love, just like Bastien is to Marie.

by Anonymousreply 45711/08/2013

I also find the transformation a little unbelievable. The flashbacks show Lalaurie as an extremely cruel, mean and sadistic person. Now she's a big softie and wants to make friends. Maybe her saying "hell is real" has something to do with that change.

by Anonymousreply 45811/08/2013

The show isn't scary. Unless you take into account Lange's problem with aging and the end of her life. As a gay guy in his 40s, her lamenting her lost youth is hitting a little close to home.

by Anonymousreply 45911/08/2013

Did the real LaLaurie turn on her own daughters, or is that made up for the show?

by Anonymousreply 46011/08/2013

[quote]Patti LuPone has thrown many nasty substances at her enemies over the years, but never actual acid.

Correct. Usually just her performances.

by Anonymousreply 46111/08/2013

I can't wait for Wednesday ...All these questions will get a little more answered. I think Ryan Murphy is great at roping people into his stories (we are all hooked). & Why is Hank a killer ? Did the voodoo fertility spell do it, or has he always been nuts ?

by Anonymousreply 46211/08/2013

She was in "hell" for 150 years. I'm not saying I buy the redemption--yet--but there are ways to sell it.

by Anonymousreply 46311/08/2013

The horror isn't suppose to be something that will scare you. It's the way people say when they hear something gruesome, they call it too "horrifying" to think about. That's what the show is about, and it is suppose to be AMERICAN. It's the underbelly of America. Bates' character did exist, and mothers do molest their children.

No one can say that the show isn't disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 46411/08/2013

[quote]Patti is witch hunter

Change one letter and you'd be half-right.

by Anonymousreply 46511/08/2013

Cunts who complain that they 'haven't been scared' once - how many films genuinely do scare you? Tension and jump scares are easy things to do - I'm rarely genuinely terrified by a movie, because I know it's a movie.

by Anonymousreply 46611/08/2013

The Exorcist had to have ambulances waiting outside theaters. Just sayin'.

Says more about our society than movies, probably. Though that will always be a classic.

by Anonymousreply 46711/08/2013

The Exorcist thing was 99% marketing bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 46811/08/2013

R460 I don't know if it is true or not but I think they wanted to show Bates could be evil to white people also.

by Anonymousreply 46911/08/2013

Her own daughters at that. She holds everyone in the utmost contempt.

by Anonymousreply 47011/08/2013

Does Gabby have a chance at an Emmy nomination next year? Do you think she's pregnant with the Minotaur's baby?

by Anonymousreply 47111/08/2013

LaLaurie's sadism toward her slaves is likely greatly exaggerated on the show. Early accounts of LaLaurie don't suggest anything like disembowelment or amputations; those lurid details were added by later historians in order to dramatize the story and sell books.

I'm curious about the "magic" LaLaurie is supposed to possess. Why was she able to place a steer's head on a living man and turn him into a real minotaur? Does AHS ever explain this?

by Anonymousreply 47211/08/2013

Hell no. Bates and Lange, yes. Gabby? No. And she had blood on her stomach after the attack, so I don't think she's pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 47311/08/2013

Dear Gabby only has a chance if The Razzies start to include TV.

by Anonymousreply 47411/08/2013

On a semi-unrelated note, I just tried to watch last Sunday's WALKING DEAD. Dear God. No show that shallow can get away with being so boring. Seen next to things like AHS and THE RETURNED, you see it for the uninteresting slog it is.

Speaking of THE RETURNED, is anyone here watching it? Awesome show.

by Anonymousreply 47511/08/2013

LaLaurie didn't bring him to life as the minotaur. Marie did after they found his body after raiding the house.

by Anonymousreply 47611/08/2013

The Returned is great. I had been told it was a "zombie show", which I was happy to see is inaccurate. More like ghosts, but not really either.

by Anonymousreply 47711/08/2013

[quote]Why was she able to place a steer's head on a living man and turn him into a real minotaur?

She didn't. She just put the head over his head to be cruel. Marie Lavaux turned him into a real minotaur when she resurrected him.

by Anonymousreply 47811/08/2013

r472, LaLaurie, with the guidance of her surgeon husband, is reputed to have performed amateur surgical experiments, amputations and vivisections on her slaves; on the night of the house fire, slaves were found with limbs removed and reattached in bizarre ways, penises were sewn into mouths, etc.

by Anonymousreply 47911/08/2013

Why the hell doesn't Queenie make others gain the weight instead of her?

by Anonymousreply 48011/08/2013

That's funny, r480.

by Anonymousreply 48111/08/2013

[quote]I still think Marie got her sidekicks to throw that acid

Maries' sidekicks are all 300 lb plus...whoever was under that hat was definitely smaller in size. Plus we see her two sidekicks when Marie is floating, one even sats the unevitable "SHIT" when Marie hits the floor.

I think Lupones' character ( have the even mentioned he name , I casnnot recall) is a witch hunter. She has purposely moved in next door to a witch acamdemym so the Headmistress, Cordeleia m would be her prime target. She is as nosy as hell, yet when there are Zombies running amok on the neighbours lawn and there is a chainsaw roaring away in the middle of the night , she does not even peek out of the windows? She had to be elsewhere, say throwing some acid on Cordelia perhaps.

Lupone also tried to leave a Bible with the witches as a " gift that I always bring when visiting a unfamiliar household" yjay sounds like she was testing to see if any of them would onject or even touch it.

If it turns out her characters name is "Dorothy" as in Gale, not Zbornak ) we know we have a witch hunter on our hands.

by Anonymousreply 48211/09/2013

"Joan Ramsey" is the name of the character Patti Lupone plays.

by Anonymousreply 48311/09/2013

R482, were you having a stroke while you were typing that?

by Anonymousreply 48411/09/2013

[quote] I'm curious about the "magic" LaLaurie is supposed to possess. Why was she able to place a steer's head on a living man and turn him into a real minotaur?

I don't think that's LaLauries' doing. I think it's the voodoo spell.

When Laveau does her magic you essentially stay the way you were when she did it.

by Anonymousreply 48511/09/2013

[quote]she was testing to see if any of them would onject or even touch it

If I don't want to touch it, I'm certainly not going to onject it.

by Anonymousreply 48611/09/2013

Where was Misty during the acid attack? Or the other two members of the council for that matter?

by Anonymousreply 48711/09/2013

Jessica Lange did the acid attack but then again we are discussing the plot of a Ryan Murphy series so who knows what he is going to puke up week after week ...

by Anonymousreply 48811/09/2013

[R472], LaLaurie, with the guidance of her surgeon husband, is reputed to have performed amateur surgical experiments, amputations and vivisections on her slaves; on the night of the house fire, slaves were found with limbs removed and reattached in bizarre ways, penises were sewn into mouths, etc.

r472 is correct: all those things you're saying here were later highly dubious accretions to the myth of what happened in Mme. LaLaurie's house. None of that is in any of the original accounts of the mistreated and murdered slaves in her house. But her legend just grew and grew and grew until the real atrocities and crimes of the actual Mme. LaLaurie became overwhelmed by the baroque legend.

by Anonymousreply 48911/09/2013

what's a good source about the real LaLaurie?

by Anonymousreply 49011/09/2013

(R490) Google

by Anonymousreply 49111/09/2013

I think it was zombie Finn Hudson.

by Anonymousreply 49211/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 49311/09/2013

She's a witch also a master manipulator...

That is what I can't understand about this show. You can bring someone back from the dead but you can't cure someone from a bad burn...

Murphy has given Peters, Roberts and now Paulson terrible roles this season...

by Anonymousreply 49411/09/2013

So is Luke the neighbor gay or not?

by Anonymousreply 49511/09/2013

I wouldn't write-off Paulson or Peters' roles yet.

by Anonymousreply 49611/09/2013

The girl with the toxic twat is the new supreme. Marie said DAMN THATS SOME POWER IN THAT HOUSE. I hoped it would be Nan

by Anonymousreply 49711/10/2013

That's far from definitive, R498. There can be more than one powerful witch. That being said, Cordelia's comment about the Supreme being in perfect health does strongly suggest that Zoe or Misty are the two remaining candidates for Supreme.

by Anonymousreply 49811/10/2013

The acid attacker was Myrtle, who has said finding the truth is her thing and that Cordelia was remaining blind to her mother's true nature.

Myrtle made the potion (so Cordelia could see the truth) like she made one for Spaulding so he could only speak the truth & threw it in her face. When Cordelia touches her husband she saw his affair. When she touches her mother she'll see what she did to Madison.

Fiona knew that Myrtle did it, she was the most obvious suspect and faked evidence to prove to the counsel that she did it to make sure she'd go away.

The Voodoo witches were too busy doing their resurrection to be bothered to worry about Cordelia. As Laveau stated they just want LaLaurie and will take out anyone in their way which is why everyone else is in danger.

by Anonymousreply 49911/10/2013

I think R499 is correct--Fiona did in fact see Myrtle in the elevator at the hospital, and then faked evidence later.

R499, that's an awesome theory about the acid also being spelled to make Cordelia see the truth. Good work!

by Anonymousreply 50011/10/2013

Here is a writing fuck-up:

When Gabby placed her hand in the acid, Myrtle would have screamed in pain.

Instead, Myrtle was oblivious to her hand being burned and was as surprised as anyone when she removed her glove.

by Anonymousreply 50111/10/2013

Perhaps I'm misremebering but didn't Lange grab Conroy's wrist and Conroy yelped, which was a result of Sidibe's action rather than the wrist grabbing?

by Anonymousreply 50211/10/2013

(R499)-(R500) great points. That would be a good reason she sees "The Truth Now" as she says in next weeks promo....I can't wait for the next ep.

by Anonymousreply 50311/10/2013

Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett to return for season 4?

This season of American Horror Story has seen the delicious additions of Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett to the cast, playing immortal archenemies Madame LaLaurie and Marie Laveaux, respectively. Now it looks like Coven might not be the last time we see the pair on the FX franchise: Series co-creator Ryan Murphy tells EW exclusively that he wants both stars to return for season 4, which was just announced.

“I have approached them and they wanna do it,” says Murphy. He adds, “That’s very exciting when you can work with A.) actresses you’ve always idolized and B.) those two are loving this season. They love what they get to do. Kathy Bates sent the writers a basket of plush toys all in the shapes of disemboweled organs. It doesn’t get better than when an Oscar winner sends you a grab bag of stuffed pancreas to say ‘Thank you and job well done.’”

by Anonymousreply 50411/10/2013

As long as we get more Frances Conroy, I'll be one happy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 50511/10/2013

I think Emma's character is going to be brought back and be bride of Frankenstein for Evan Peters. Then she can beat on him again just like in real life.

by Anonymousreply 50611/10/2013

LIIIEESSSSS!

by Anonymousreply 50711/10/2013

r508

You don't care about Nan?

by Anonymousreply 50911/10/2013

It's always weird to me that some audience members need a good character to root for in a story. Not saying you are wrong for feeling that way, but I look at some of my favorite shows like "It's Always Sunny.." or even "Breaking Bad" where all the characters are flawed and fucked up people.

by Anonymousreply 51011/10/2013

Same here. As long as the characters are interesting, I don't need them to be "good".

by Anonymousreply 51111/10/2013

"Scandal" is another good show with no rootable characters.

by Anonymousreply 51211/10/2013

R512 I think David is pretty rootable on "Scandal."

by Anonymousreply 51311/10/2013

Ha ha rootable.

by Anonymousreply 51411/10/2013

Murphy says the new Supreme is a shocker so I am guessing it is the son of Patty Lupone.

by Anonymousreply 51511/10/2013

In a strange way, I am kind of rooting for Fiona. I guess I am sympathetic to her core issues - growing old, being outcast and no longer needed, and facing her own mortality.

by Anonymousreply 51611/10/2013

Jessica Lange is scheduled to be on the Katie Curic show this Thursday.

Is it just a coincidence that the other topic up for discussion that day is "Revolutionary Face Transplants?"

by Anonymousreply 51711/10/2013

[quote] Murphy says the new Supreme is a shocker so I am guessing it is the son of Patty Lupone.

Broadway Star's P.A. IS Jean Terrell!

by Anonymousreply 51811/10/2013

My mistake at r517.

The Jessica Lange appearance is scheduled for Wednesday, not Thursday. But that is still face transplant day.

by Anonymousreply 51911/10/2013

I think the Marie Laveau character isn't all that bad. Sure she uses her voodoo magic to wreak havoc, but that's only to avenge the wrongs done to her and her people. If innocent people get harmed in the process, they're unfortunately, collateral damage to her. Fiona, on the other hand, uses magic for her own selfish, self-serving purposes, even killing her own sister witches if they stand in her way. I don't think Laveau would do that. Tribe is very important to her. And we've seen how sweet she was to older Cora.

by Anonymousreply 52011/10/2013

But didn't Laveau place a curse on Bastien the minotaur to keep him alive?

by Anonymousreply 52111/10/2013

R521, I wonder if he is still alive, thus the blink. Decapitated, but alive perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 52211/10/2013

On the episode summary on the FX website, they made clear Bastian's head is still alive.

One thing I'll be interested in them clearing up is the difference between Laveau's voodoo magic and the witches' magic. It seems there are things each magic has that the other side cannot counter entirely.

There are interesting things coming up--they're going to bring in another great horrific new Orleans legend based on fact, the Axeman of New Orleans, who killed eleven people in 1918-19 and was never caught.

by Anonymousreply 52311/10/2013

YES! Thank you, Sam/ R494, that has bugged me immensely - so Fiona can bring a baby back from the dead, but she can't bring her daughter's sight back? COME ON NOW.

by Anonymousreply 52411/10/2013

so Fiona can bring a baby back from the dead, but she can't bring her daughter's sight back? COME ON NOW.

There powers seem very limited. There are certain specific things they can do and things they can't do. Some of their magic powers are innate like the X-Men's mutant native abilities (like Misty Day's ability to bring dead things back to life), and some seem to involve ingredients and are learned skills (like Misty's ability to heal most of FrankenKyle's wounds after the various body parts are stitched together with her mud and dung poultice).

I am not sure if Misty's poultice will be able to heal Myrtle's skin, though.

by Anonymousreply 52511/10/2013

[quote]There powers seem very limited.

Oh dear to myself. Of course I meant THEIR, not "there."

by Anonymousreply 52611/10/2013

Jessica Lange is also going to be on Live with Kelly & Michael in the morning - 11-11-2013.

by Anonymousreply 52711/10/2013

I hope Spalding is going to be in all 13 eps. I love him. He is so weird , yet you gotta feel bad for him. He's so alone. & I think Denis O'Hare is doing a fantastic job for what he has to work with.

by Anonymousreply 52811/10/2013

R494/R524/R525: I believe Fiona cannot cure Cordelia's burns because the acid solution was a curse itself from another witch (Myrtle). This is also why she couldn't reverse Myrtle's spell against Spaulding to tell the truth (so he instead cut his tongue out).

by Anonymousreply 52911/10/2013

R524, Perhaps the baby's internal organs, arteries, and what have you were all perfectly formed and intact, allowing life to flow back into its body, whereas Cordelia's optic nerves were damaged, rendering them irrepairable with magic. Sort of like a car with a dead battery. If all the connections are good, a quick jump-start will get it running again. But if the terminals are severed, no such luck. That's my theory anyway.

by Anonymousreply 53011/10/2013

My guess is that either Misty or Zoe is the Supreme.

by Anonymousreply 53211/10/2013

Maybe Fiona can only bring people back to life , not heal them. Remember, Queenie did stop breathing.

by Anonymousreply 53311/10/2013

I hated O'Hare's character on the first season but absolutely LOVE his Spaulding!

He doesn't say a word but just his expressions and the way he uses his body is hilarious.

Loved when Zoe said to take everyone to his room and he put his hands up like "Oh no way!" and then that look he gave when Queenie demanded a Coke during the middle of a zombie invasion.

by Anonymousreply 53411/10/2013

Fiona made a point of asking if the baby was stillborn or died after birth. I think it being stillborn somehow allowed her to be able to bring it back, so there must be some limitation to when she can use that ability.

by Anonymousreply 53511/10/2013

(R534) That's what i'm talking about. Denis is awesome. & remember when he hugged the scare crow ? That was his idea. He just threw it in the scene & they kept it. I asked him via Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 53611/11/2013

I love that Dataloungers are yet again arguing why a character's magical powers in a fantasy story don't make logical sense.

by Anonymousreply 53711/11/2013

R537: I love how Dataloungers are yet again wearing sandals with kaftans in November, and simply don't care!

by Anonymousreply 53811/11/2013

[quote]with kaftans

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 53911/11/2013

What is your point R537? You can introduce all the superpowers, magic and supernatural shit you want, cool. There still needs to be an internal consistency involved in how each works. Only the laziest of authors think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 54011/11/2013

R529 Was it Myrtle? It could be one of the other two people on the council as well.Or someone else.

They are pointing to either Zoe or Misty being the supreme but a great mindfuck would be Nan. Fiona seems to like her more than the rest of the "coven", it would be quite rich to see her dig the dagger into Fiona's heart.

by Anonymousreply 54111/11/2013

Calm down, R540, you're going to burst a vessel. Creative license. Next week, several other inconsistencies will crop up, making you forget all about this one. Just enjoy the show.

by Anonymousreply 54211/11/2013

[quote] Just enjoy the show

Don't paytronize.

by Anonymousreply 54311/11/2013

R541: It was Myrtle. Read R499 and it is pretty much confirmed.

R539: yes, we do care about spelling indeed.

by Anonymousreply 54411/11/2013

R544 What R499 wrote was just a theory. It proves nothing. Did Ryan or any of other TPTB confirm that Myrtle did it(or even one of the actresses)? I'm not slagging just asking who the source of this confirmation was.

by Anonymousreply 54511/11/2013

[quote]Myrtle made the potion (so Cordelia could see the truth) like she made one for Spaulding so he could only speak the truth & threw it in her face. When Cordelia touches her husband she saw his affair. When she touches her mother she'll see what she did to Madison.

AHS is famous for giving clues in the opening credits, the website etc etc.. If you have ever seem ther marquee for this season ( see below) it shows an alabaster white bust with a long hood or perhaps long straight hair, The yes of the figure are weeping with black tears.

My theory is this figure represents Cordelia who since she has been blinded can now see the evil in people she touches , hence the black tears. The long straight white hair would also explain Sarah Paulsens' hideous hair style and color this season.

I also think if Cordelias' health starts to improve and she is indeed pregnant we have our new Supreme . If true will be interesting to see how Fiona reacts to having her own daughter as the one to succeed her.

by Anonymousreply 54611/11/2013

Cordelia being the new supreme would be a huge kick in the ass for Fiona. I love this season..it's like a game of Clue.

by Anonymousreply 54711/11/2013

Here is the promo for this week's episode.

Cordelia starts by saying: "I had to go blind to see things I hadn't seen before."

by Anonymousreply 54811/11/2013

In the promo they also show Madison's body with her arm still off. That's Zoe & Misty standing over her. Misty must bring her back to life because Emma Roberts is still filming. As well as Denis O'Hare...So I'm thinking Spalding moves the body due to stink & decay & doesn't get caught...Any thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 54911/11/2013

if these witches have the power to raise the dead, inlfict harm on others through spells or voodoo, then why go through all the trouble and risk of throwing acid in someones face? Seems like a tediously "mortal" thing to do, and since the list of n"mortal" characters on the show is sparse, my guess would be Patti Lupones' character of the "Gladys Kravitz/witchunter" next door neighbor.

Unless Myrtle really did do it then we are all beating a dead horse.

by Anonymousreply 55011/11/2013

[quote]So I'm thinking Spalding moves the body due to stink & decay & doesn't get caught...Any thoughts?

Always works for me.

by Anonymousreply 55111/11/2013

Speaking of Gladys Kravitz, this show NEEDS Veronica Cartwright.

by Anonymousreply 55211/11/2013

I heart you, R552. Here's hoping Patti Lupone starts puking up cherry pits.

by Anonymousreply 55311/11/2013

Question about the first season: why didn't Tate's father come back as a ghost in the house? He was shot dead with the maid who did become a ghost trapped in the house. I think I saw all the past residents walking towards the house -- aren't they stuck on the property?

Thanks! ;)

by Anonymousreply 55411/11/2013

The husband was ground up and fed to the dogs, R554. The maid was damned to be buried on the estate.

by Anonymousreply 55511/11/2013

He did, watch out for him in the later episodes, fucking the crazy Hayden.

by Anonymousreply 55611/11/2013

Maybe Stevie Nicks is the new Supreme.

by Anonymousreply 55711/11/2013

R554, he did come back as a ghost. He was the ghost Hayden was fucking before she rage stabbed him. He came to and said he was hankering for a sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 55811/12/2013

Per Ryan Murphy's Twitter, Stevie Nicks will be making an appearance on AHS this season...

Ryan Murphy ‏@MrRPMurphy 1h

Guess who's visiting the Coven? The legendary Stevie Nicks!

by Anonymousreply 55911/12/2013

that is BRILLIANT r559!!!! truly outstanding.

(you're not a very smart author from NY are you?)

by Anonymousreply 56011/12/2013

I KNEW it would happen!!!

by Anonymousreply 56111/13/2013

I'm wondering if Cordelia was blinded by a spell cast by Madison before Fiona killed her, and not Myrtle.

Cordelia was the House Mother and Madison was the trouble-maker; there may have been disciplinary issues against Madison that made her want revenge against Cordelia. Or maybe it was because Cordelia was the only one who knew Madison was not the next Supreme (she witnessed Madison monitoring her heart rate, and Madison knew she saw that).

Although Madison didn't seem powerful enough to cast a spell to generate a zombie and attack someone, we saw that she stole an old spell and used it to resurrect Kyle in the morgue. She could have used that spell again - or have stolen other spells as well.

by Anonymousreply 56211/13/2013

I just read there is a mole in the house, a witch hunter who has already killed a witch....Who could it be ? We saw Hank kill someone for no apparent reason. Or could it be the boy next door ? But who did he already kill ? I can't wait for tonight.

by Anonymousreply 56311/13/2013

I would bet on Spaulding.

by Anonymousreply 56411/13/2013

Why is Stevie Nicks coming on the show so 'brilliant?' It's just another stunt. She's not an actress. It will just be another distraction and take screen time away from a lot of truly wonderful actors who frankly don't get enough screen time as it is.

by Anonymousreply 56511/13/2013

How do you know she's not an actress if you've never seen her act?

by Anonymousreply 56611/13/2013

Look, i KNOW Kathy Bates and Jessica Lange and Angela Bassett and Lily Rabe are all amazing actresses. And they often have next to nothing to do in a given episode of AHS:C. Murphy is hiring Nicks as a stunt, not for her acting abilities.

by Anonymousreply 56711/13/2013

R546, that's the poster for season 2, "Asylum". Here's the poster for this season.

by Anonymousreply 56811/13/2013

R567 Please note that he only said Nicks "will be making an appearance" not that she will be acting. She could be singing, no?

by Anonymousreply 56911/13/2013

Aw, Jesus Christ, man. They stole my fucking idea, man.

by Anonymousreply 57011/13/2013

As if Stevie Nicks is going to be stealing storylines from the leads?!

by Anonymousreply 57111/13/2013

For the naysayers who exist on their neurotic compulsion to be contrary, just accept Nicks' cameo for the stunt that it is and let the rest of us enjoy a rather brilliantly entertaining show ... in fact, the only brilliantly entertaining show I have seen on TV this season, which has just been downright rotten.

by Anonymousreply 57211/13/2013

I think Nicks' cameo will probably be an apperance in a dream of Misty Day's.

by Anonymousreply 57311/13/2013

Or maybe Misty stalks, abducts and brings Stevie back to her shack.

by Anonymousreply 57411/13/2013

My money is on Hank to be the mole. He's killer & a creep. Fiona said he smells of bullshit. Also he married into the family. Spalding on the other hand is like an indentured servant according to Ryan Murphy. From a line of people that serve the Coven. Plus he seems too whimpy to be a witch hunter, & don't forget he cut his own tongue out to protect Fiona...ya can't get much more loyal than that.

by Anonymousreply 57511/13/2013

Maybe Fiona calls Stevie out to New Orleans to keep Misty in line.

by Anonymousreply 57611/13/2013

The Axeman of New Orleans. I enjoy the nods to local history.

by Anonymousreply 57711/13/2013

[quote]The husband was ground up and fed to the dogs, [R554]. The maid was damned to be buried on the estate.

He died on the property.

by Anonymousreply 57811/13/2013

Grace Gummer!

by Anonymousreply 57911/13/2013

Hold up. Was Maria Laveau flying the HRC flag?

by Anonymousreply 58011/13/2013

He killed Stevie!

by Anonymousreply 58111/13/2013

Well, you got your naked Evan Peters tonight

by Anonymousreply 58211/13/2013

So Fiona's last love affair will be with a serial killer ghost?

by Anonymousreply 58311/13/2013

So, let's see. We have

- Taissa Farmiga, sister of Vera

- Lily Rabe, daughter of Jill & David

- Emma Roberts, daughter of Eric, niece of Julia

And now we have

- Danny Huston, son of John, brother of Anjelica

- Grace Gummer, daughter of Meryl, sister of Mamie

Who'll show up next on American Nepotism Story?

by Anonymousreply 58411/14/2013

I deeply apologize for Grace's performance. Acting talent is not genetic. Once again I'm just so sorry. Please forgive me.

by Anonymousreply 58511/14/2013

Really? Nobody watched the show last night?

by Anonymousreply 58611/14/2013

It's been primetime for days. Nobody is posting.

by Anonymousreply 58711/14/2013

I hate they brought madison back to life...ugh. Looks Like Gaborey will be defecting to the voodoo side. Interesting that she boyfriend was hired by the voodoo queen years ago. The have not said a word about the neighbor boy resting in the house.

by Anonymousreply 58811/14/2013

R588, Nan said that Luke had gone missing.

by Anonymousreply 58911/14/2013

R584 = out of work, talent-free actor.

by Anonymousreply 59011/14/2013

Last night was the best episode. Nude Evan was nice but nude Liuke would have been better.

by Anonymousreply 59111/14/2013

Evan has a surprisingly meaty ass on him. Delicious!

by Anonymousreply 59211/14/2013

Last night was kind of boring--but still more fun than a lot of the other crap on tv. Kind of a 'bridge' episode, which sometimes shows need.

Loved Misty being all 'Peace out, ya'll' when they asked her to stay at the school. Love how she was all about helping FrankenKyle until he 'Broke Stevie!'...

by Anonymousreply 59311/14/2013

10 bucks Frances Conroy emerges from the dirt a glamor puss.

by Anonymousreply 59411/14/2013

They should have her emerge with a short brunette bob, bangs, and giant sunglasses.

by Anonymousreply 59511/14/2013

*****SPOILERS AHEAD*****

[bold] 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy talks Stevie Nicks' guest spot and the latest 'Coven' -- EXCLUSIVE [/bold]

Soooo much happened on last night’s American Horror Story: Coven…but it’s all sort of trumped by the news that Stevie Nicks is coming to the show! Yes, Misty Day’s idol will be visiting AHS: Coven in a future episode as series co-creator Ryan Murphy announced this week on Twitter. EW talked to Murphy for our exclusive weekly chats about details on Nicks’ appearance as well as the latest Coven episode, “The Axeman Cometh.”

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: First tell me about how the Stevie Nicks thing happened. She’s actually going to appear?

RYAN MURPHY: She appears as herself. It’s part of Fiona’s ruse in that Fiona is trying to get the true Supreme to reveal herself because she needs to stay alive. So she tells Misty Day that the Supreme gets so many great things in life, like tickets to the Oscars and Met Ball tickets. So she brings Stevie Nicks in as a gift to Misty to prove to her that if she exhibits more power she’ll get that and more. Then the other girls come home and see Stevie and Misty singing and it starts them trying to move much quicker to prove that they are the Supreme.

EW: Do you know when this will happen?

RM: It’s episode 10. It’s right when we come back from winter break. I had a really good conversation with her and explained to her what the show was and it’s gotten such a big reaction from people. She said, “Oh I wish I could be on the show.” But she couldn’t because she was traveling with Fleetwood Mac in Europe but then Mick Fleetwood got cancer so they cancelled those dates. Then she called and said, “I’m now available sadly enough. If you wanna use me.” So I said, “Let’s do it!” So she’s flying in for like two days and doing her scenes. I know every person in the show is like, “I better be in that goddamn scene!” It’s funny.

EW: I bet Lily Rabe was freaking out!

RM: She was freaking out. She texted me this morning saying, “Is it true? Is it true?” We’re trying to figure what song she’s going to sing with Misty.

EW: Tonight introduced Danny Huston’s character, The Axeman. So we will see The Axeman and Fiona have an affair?

RM: Yeah he comes back and they have a very sexually charged love affair. It’s a very adult, forgiving love affair. I sort of look at them as the Macbeths. So their Macbethian love story plays out over the rest of the season and of course with the Macbeths what they really want is power. So it’s really about them trying to save not only the coven but themselves and ride off into the sunset together. But the question is: Can they do that?

EW: Grace Gummer (The Newsroom) was one of the vintage Robichaux witches. Will we see her again?

RM: No, she just auditioned. I thought she was terrific.

EW: This episode once again showed Zoe turning more strong and confident and maybe dark. Is she going more dark?

RM: I think all of them are going dark. In this episode, you’ve got Zoe really dark, you’ve got Queenie really dark, I think you’re gonna see Nan getting really dark, and Madison comes back incredibly dark. Misty Day is the only one so far who hasn’t gone dark but she needs to.

EW: She’s got edge.

RM: She’s edgy but I think she has a kinder heart than all the rest of them.

EW: Madison is resurrected and next week is a big episode for her. She can’t seem to find anything to make her feel alive.

RM: Yes it’s sort of like she’s dead and she can’t feel anything so we’re really are making a leap and saying she’s a poster person for the millennial generation. Unsatisfied. Entitled. Nothing makes them happy. She’s been on the other side and in her mind there’s nothing. So more than ever she really just realizes that the only way to exist is to satisfy all of your urges instantly. So she was deadly before but now she’s even more deadly. Of course she has to get her revenge on Fiona.

EW: Marie has hired Hank to hunt down the Salem witches. Will we see how they first met?

RM: Yes.

by Anonymousreply 59611/14/2013

******SPOILERS****** (Cont'd)

EW: And will Cordelia learn the truth about Hank’s identity?

RM: Oh yes. It has to come out at some point.

EW: Obviously, Spalding has been caught and tortured by the girls. What’s next for him?

RM: The Spalding story is obviously he’s crossed a line. He didn’t kill Madison but what he did to defile her body. So the girls find that out and have to take revenge on him. They have to make him pay for his dastardly necrophilia and bad fashion outfits.

EW: Will Kyle ever get to speak?

RM: Yes.

EW: What else can you say about next week’s “The Dead?”

RM: That I think is a very meditative episode. It’s very much about Madison and Zoe and Kyle. There’s a lot of great stuff about Queenie and Marie Laveaux and the unexpected friendship with LaLaurie. We dwell a lot on characters in that episode who are dead and are brought back and what their inner lives are and what their futures are.

by Anonymousreply 59711/14/2013

Queening was dark from day 1...and fat.

by Anonymousreply 59811/14/2013

Evan's ass made my night.

by Anonymousreply 59911/14/2013

I guess Patti LuPone was too difficult to work with so they cut her storyline. She's only had two short scenes, so far.

Wouldn't her character want to know where her son has been all this time?

by Anonymousreply 60011/14/2013

Is there a new thread posted?

by Anonymousreply 60111/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.