Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tori Spelling "I'm Broke!"

Tori Spelling also opens up about her own family troubles in her new book, saying that she and husband Dean McDermott are so broke that they can't even afford for him to get a vasectomy.

According to an excerpt obtained by People, as reported by Entertainment Tonight, Spelling says her wealthy childhood caused her financial issues.

"It's no mystery why I have money problems. I grew up rich beyond anyone's dreams," Spelling wrote. "Even when I try to embrace a simpler lifestyle, I can't seem to let go of my expensive tastes. And then there's my little shopping problem. ... I can't afford to live like this anymore. Our circumstances have changed. They say admitting the problem is the first step."

Spelling says she is working hard to make changes to her lifestyle. "I haven't bought a purse in three years, and it's fine," she said. "I look back at that girl who shopped at Gucci in my 20s, and I can't even relate. I can't believe I thought it was important."

by Anonymousreply 19902/11/2015

I thought she was creating for herself a "Professional Mommie" empire: crafts, helpful hints and decorating?

I think the market got glutted with these types. Now she's got all those brats and a hot hubby who married her for the moolah.

by Anonymousreply 110/25/2013

And the brats keep coming because Tori is so fertile and they can't afford to get Dean clipped.

by Anonymousreply 210/25/2013

Like a wet Gremlin.

by Anonymousreply 310/25/2013

Tori Spelling's Face: "I'm Broke!"

by Anonymousreply 410/25/2013

Good luck prising a thin dime from cunty Candy.

by Anonymousreply 510/25/2013

I saw a story about this on The Insider last night: they can afford a vasectomy but not a reversible vasectomy which is what they want.

by Anonymousreply 610/25/2013

You can only live off of daddy's money for so long.

by Anonymousreply 710/25/2013

R6 you mean they want more kids? If they are so broke, you don't bring in more kids in this situation.

by Anonymousreply 810/25/2013

[quote] If they are so broke, you don't bring in more kids in this situation.

I wish more people grasp this concept.

by Anonymousreply 910/25/2013

She's still young enough to adjust. She'll be happier as she matures. It sounds as if she's getting there.

But, stay away from Kevin Federline!

by Anonymousreply 1010/25/2013

The vasectomy stunt is a lie. Tori insists on a condom now, for obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 1110/25/2013

Good. Maybe she can share her experience of being "broke" with her 1% peers.

She can let them know how hard it is to comfortably provide for a family at the mercy of a good paying job when not many exist.

She can explain what it's like to work full time, maintain a household, take care of children, run errands, pay bills, health issues, etc.

This could be good for her.

by Anonymousreply 1210/25/2013

Ha R4!

by Anonymousreply 1310/25/2013

Her parents have more money than god unless she blew through any money they gave her and she earned which is entirely possible given shes an idiot anyway. Guess her useless husband doesnt work at all too.

by Anonymousreply 1410/25/2013

R14 Everything went to Candy Spelling.

All Tori and Randy got was $100 G

by Anonymousreply 1510/25/2013

They actually got $750k each.

by Anonymousreply 1610/25/2013

That was like 10 years ago, so it is not like she got millions of dollars.

by Anonymousreply 1710/25/2013

Her husband seems like a terrible person but he's kind of a hot daddy

by Anonymousreply 1810/25/2013

Tori and Dean should move back to Canada. Dean would have more part available to him, simply because he is Canadian.

With all the TV and film being done in Canada, all productions must have a certain percentage of Canadian actors in the cast. Since he is Canadian, he would be given a bigger shot at casting time.

by Anonymousreply 1910/25/2013

Why can't he use a condom?

by Anonymousreply 2010/25/2013

Never enough..

by Anonymousreply 2110/25/2013

He does, R20. The whole vasectomy thing is a publicity stunt. Word is he gave her a nasty (but curable) infection last year, and she has insisted on condoms since then.

by Anonymousreply 2210/25/2013

What could her husband possibly do? It's not like he can get a real job because of his status. Face it, their options are limited.

by Anonymousreply 2310/25/2013

R23 read R19

by Anonymousreply 2410/25/2013

[quote] you mean they want more kids?

I don't think it has anything to do with whether THEY want more kids or not...people don't stay married forever..and men usually like to be able to prove their virility with new wives by knocking them up.

by Anonymousreply 2510/25/2013

Didn't she write several books? Had a children's clothing line? Had an antique store in LA? She's spent all that too.

This sounds like a big public sob story hoping Momma is embarrassed and comes through with $$$$$'s.

by Anonymousreply 2610/25/2013

[quote] you mean they want more kids?

All together he has six children. Two from his first marriage and 4 with Tori. He left his first wife the week after they adopted a child.

He hasn't had an acting job in over 2 years. He has been a guest on some reality programs in the last 2 years so he should have some type of health insurance

by Anonymousreply 2710/25/2013

For those of you not interested in reading La Tori's long ramble to People, I've greatly condensed it for you:

by Anonymousreply 2810/25/2013

They have to buy winter coats and boots and move to Canada, where they can get a show - any kind of show they want. It won't be good, but that is okay, Canadians are used to that and will watch anyway, or will turn to the American shows. Doesn't matter if there is no audience; it will stay on the air. Canadian Content.

by Anonymousreply 2910/25/2013

I don't understand the problem with this guy getting a job to support his six children.

His "status" as someone mentioned upthread - somehow stops him from working?

He's a D-list, broke-ass golddigger who has six children for whom he needs to provide. There isn't any job that is beneath him. Those children require food, clothing and shelter - at the very least. If he were any kind of a man - he'd be out there hustling and working so that he was taking care of those kids.

Fuck Tori - she can earn her own money and do her part to support her four of his six kids. It's not his fault that she's so fucking stupid that she couldn't control her spending when she didn't have the money to back it up.

Candy's a tough old bitch. I remember when Tori and Dean staged a phot-op outside of a 99 Cents Store. It was obvious that they were trying to embarrass Candy into giving them money. It failed because Candy, having begun her career on her back, isn't about to fall for that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 3010/25/2013

R30 is right. Let him wait tables or cut veggies in a kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 3110/25/2013

I read recently they live in a rented house for $15,000 per month.

Broke, my ass.

by Anonymousreply 3210/25/2013

I would think her face would be very effective birth control.

by Anonymousreply 3310/25/2013

I'm off to buy more Hummel figurines, later brat.

by Anonymousreply 3410/25/2013

I've forgotten the name of the book, but his first wife wrote a chapter on exactly how he left her for Tori. He was stone cold the way he did it. They were on vacation at some hotel and the kids were at the swimming pool and he had gotten some phone call and afterward went up to the room and started packing his bags. The first wife asked him what was going on and he said he was leaving her and the kids for Tori. She was totally taken off guard and didn't have a clue. She asked why and what about the kids, one they just adopted, and he said he couldn't be bothered about that because Tori was his true soulmate. The funny thing is when he started working with Tori, she asked him about her and he said Tori was not attractive at all. I guess the prospect of money made him do it.

by Anonymousreply 3510/26/2013

The world of a heterosexual is a sick and boring life.

by Anonymousreply 3610/26/2013

Educate me. When the ugly mother Candy dies, Tori gets rich?

by Anonymousreply 3710/26/2013

I hope Candy leaves all her money to a chihuahua rescue group.

by Anonymousreply 3810/26/2013

Shit man, you could TELL they were broke.

Two years ago Tori showed up on Big Brother because some dolt there creamed for her.

Last year she and the hubby showed up RuPaul's drag race---not to merely judge, no, that would be to simple---but to have an entire segment devoted to them.

Broke losers and the hubby isn't even handsome anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3910/26/2013

Candy's leaving it to her Pomeranians

by Anonymousreply 4010/26/2013

I late to this drama as well. Do Candi and Tori not get along, does Candi want Tori to make it on her own, or is Candi just a greedy money hoarding bitch? What's the story here?

by Anonymousreply 4110/26/2013

Doesn't Tori feel terrible knowing he married her for her inheritance that never materialized? This is like the movie 'The Heiress'.

by Anonymousreply 4210/26/2013

R42, Tori got FOUR adorable gorgeous children out of the marriage, so it has been a very good deal.

by Anonymousreply 4310/26/2013

Can't he just screw her in the anus?

by Anonymousreply 4410/26/2013

I wonder why Candy hates her so much.

by Anonymousreply 4510/26/2013

R20, Tori and Dean very much wanted the four children.

They were not accidents.

After each child, they talked of wanting another.

by Anonymousreply 4610/26/2013

[quote] gorgeous children

Get real

by Anonymousreply 4710/26/2013

R31 Good point. Why can't they find a job, any job? Is it impossible, because Tori comes from mega rich family? When a family needs food to the table, parents need to work. What about the house? 15 000/month? C'mon, move to cheaper place.

by Anonymousreply 4810/26/2013

If Dean is that much of a gold-digger, why hasn't he dumped Tori and married her mother?

by Anonymousreply 4910/26/2013

Tori and Dean probably can't get jobs at the local Macy's or anything -- they're untrained and would just bring bad attention to any business that hired them -- but if they're willing to work, they have a lot of options in behind-the-scenes jobs like production. The thing is, I doubt either one of them are smart enough to actually do the work.

Another bullet point in the "These People Are Dumb" category is that they haven't gone completely tabloid with their lives, epic cheating and wild drug-fueled parties and spilling as much dirt, even made up dirt, on Candy as possible. There is a LOT of money in that sort of thing, not so much in this whining shtick they do every six months or so.

by Anonymousreply 5010/26/2013

In fairness to Dean, he was working in construction when he first came to Hollywood. This was after a string of acting jobs in Canada.

Again he and Tori should move to Canada. Dean would get more acting jobs, by virtue of Canadian content.

by Anonymousreply 5110/26/2013

I think he's tried R49. By the time he realized Tori was getting nothing it was too late. This vasectomy stunt is a desperate cry for PR and money. Maybe they can get another reality show out of it.

I love this thread. It's cracking me up.

by Anonymousreply 5210/26/2013

I think this explains why Tori's father left her $750,000. If he left his daughter her full inheritance, she probably would have gone through it with in a snap. I think this is probably the reason why her mother won't give her daughter more money. Candy spends a lot of money ,but she isn't so loose with her money that she allows people to rip her off. When I watched manor in the sky, I noticed Candy wanted to know everything going into the construction of her new penthouse. I think since Candy has down sized her life, versus living in that huge mansion that is larger than the White House, and keeping all of that stuff that was in a warehouse,which she has donated most to charity. I think she has put things into more of a perspective than before in her life.

Tori is unbelievable because when she wasn't given her full inheritance, she made 15 million dollars without the aid of her parents by her and Dean's reality show, books, a jewelery line on HSN, and other projects. What a dumass!

Rich people are completely insane when they say they are broke because broke to them is not the same as broke is to us. For example, Tori probably now has to shop at Macy's instead of Neiman Marcus. Like a poster mentioned, she is paying $15,000 a month in rent, honey? that isn't living pay check to pay check like so many of we little people. Also, she has a new book that has just been published so she will receive money from that book. BTW, she said she has been using the same purse for 3 years? boo-hoo! She is probably upset she has to wear the same thing twice! These rich bitches always have to wear what is thee trend at the present time instead of wearing classic timeless clothes, world's smallest violin is playing for you. whenever you hear the rich and famous say they are broke beware because this is what they call"BROKE".

BTW,I once read Candy grew up in a wealthy famliy in Beverly Hills. Yet, as I recall reading Tori's first book , Tori claimed her mother drove her nuts telling Tori when she was a kid that mommy's parents couldn't afford Madam Alexander dolls when she was a little girl so she was making up for it? What the hell?

by Anonymousreply 5310/26/2013

I hope Candy spends all her money building a pyramid where her corpse will rest for eternity.

by Anonymousreply 5410/26/2013

R54's version of Candy sounds more in line of what I imagine her to be, not the practical one described in R53. I think she's shrewd enough to recognize a gigolo like Dean but she's not some financial whiz.

Dean probably tells Tori she's fat so she'll starve herself to death and then he can play the grieving widower and finally be with Candy. He just seems so slimy.

by Anonymousreply 5510/26/2013

Dean must have (and be) a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 5610/26/2013

They can do phone work in cubicles. No one would see them and they do not ask for experience.

by Anonymousreply 5710/26/2013

I think the falling out escalated with Tori hooking up with Dean. Candy allegedly heard the real story and told Tori that he was no good and was using her for fame and money. Tori being in love was livid and married him anyways. Candy wants to have a relationship with her grandchildren, but Tori is apparently the one standing in the way of that.

By many accounts both Spellings were good parents to Tori and Randy. But they were spoiled beyond belief. I can believe Tori saying she has trouble downsizing. They never went without the jet set life.

by Anonymousreply 5810/26/2013

This thread has given me more orgasms than that lame-ass Peter Facinelli.

More! More!

by Anonymousreply 5910/26/2013

What happened to Randy?

by Anonymousreply 6010/26/2013

What did Randy do to get cut off?

by Anonymousreply 6110/26/2013

Randy is ugly

by Anonymousreply 6210/26/2013

I feel sorry for Tori Spelling in a detached way.

Her parents apparently did not raise her to cope with how they expected her live as an adult.

I think it is unfair to spoil a child beyond comprehension and then turn off the tap suddenly. They should have raised her all along to be able to live the lifestyle they expected her to live as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 6310/26/2013

Celebrity net worth puts her at $1.5 million, but then includes text from an October 13 interview where she states that "she doesn't have 1 million dollars".

Also, Dean spoke out after her interview with People and said Tori and I are doing just fine financially".

$1.5 million, if liquid, is a nice amount to have, but you can really only spend $6-7K per month to ensure it lasts and even grows a little.

by Anonymousreply 6410/26/2013

Dean is not even vaguely attractive

by Anonymousreply 6510/26/2013

Randy didn't get cut off.

Aaron made unlimited funds available to both children. I doubt he ever expected Candy would cut Tori off, especially with his 4 grandchildren also being cut off in the process.

Candy hates Tori because Tori got the life she didn't. Pampered from birth, didn't have to whore herself out, married for love, etc.

by Anonymousreply 6610/26/2013

Tori and Jeannie have just signed on 4 a new tv show.. so if it gets picked up, Tori will have a steady income again. sorry no link google it I guess

by Anonymousreply 6710/26/2013

and yeah where is Randy these days?

by Anonymousreply 6810/26/2013

Didn't they have all those kids as a way to promote themselves further with reality shows and family side projects?

by Anonymousreply 6910/26/2013

They could start up a little circus with the kids in it.

by Anonymousreply 7010/26/2013

Randy is married, lived in Seattle, moved back to LA and works as a personal coach

by Anonymousreply 7110/26/2013

There is a book out about the spellings. The author claims he is friends of the Spellings but he says that Candy and Tori do not like each at all and it is bull that they claim that they made amends.

Is the rumor true that Tori and her brother Randy had sex with each other when they were preteens or younger? I have heard that rumor a long time ago. BTW, I agree with the poster who said Randy is not handsome at all. The whole famliy was and is homely!BTW, how can Randy be a life coach coming from that famliy?

by Anonymousreply 7210/26/2013

[quote]Is the rumor true that Tori and her brother Randy had sex with each other when they were preteens or younger?

Dear God, no.

by Anonymousreply 7310/26/2013

Candy's an old whore/madam, that's how she met Aaron Spelling and he married her for it. She wouldn't have a golddigger like the current Mr. Tori.

by Anonymousreply 7410/26/2013

I'll make sure to pay back all the cash she loaned me when she was rich and I was broke.

by Anonymousreply 7510/26/2013

[quote]Didn't they have all those kids as a way to promote themselves further with reality shows and family side projects?

If the kids were adopted, they could at least try to return them.

by Anonymousreply 7610/26/2013

Come to broadway! CHICAGO!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7710/26/2013

Was Candy really a madam? That can't be true.

by Anonymousreply 7810/26/2013

R52, they already have another reality show which is starting soon.

by Anonymousreply 7910/26/2013

It reads like Candy's a stepmother, but she's not.

I agree with the poster who says you can't spoil a child and then cut them off when you decide.

How do people expect spoiled children to behave?

by Anonymousreply 8010/26/2013

My god, did you see randy's website? The guy is a loon.

by Anonymousreply 8110/26/2013

Randy looks like Larry Birkhead.

by Anonymousreply 8210/26/2013

I agree with r63. It's hard to feel sorry for someone who's blown through millions, but Tori does seem like a likable person in my opinion. Why should Candy have so much more money than Tori? Tori's Aaron's daughter, he's the one who made all that money. I'm not sure it was Aaron's idea to cut Tori off, he was probably too feeble at the end to stand up to his battleaxe wife. Didn't Tori publicly accuse her mom of that, bullying him when he had failing health? A lot of men put their wife on a pedestal and it can turn them into greedy, selfish monsters. I've seen that personally with my brother and his wife.

by Anonymousreply 8310/26/2013

R83 You are devoting too much time to these bitches. It ain't that important.

by Anonymousreply 8410/26/2013

Why does Randy look so normal and Tori...doesn't?

by Anonymousreply 8510/26/2013

When I became washed up in pictures, and after that unfortunate drunk driving episode, I got a job at the May Company on Crenshaw. Unfortunately it didn't work out so well.

by Anonymousreply 8610/26/2013

I haven't read any of Tori's stories .... does she trash talk Candy in any of them ?? I'm sure she would, but no one wants to really read about Candy ....and Tori probably was a daddy's girl and has no 'Daddy Dearest' stories to tell

I'm sure Aaron wouldn't approve of what Candy is doing. After all, he was responsible for Tori's main source of employment for about ten years, no ??

by Anonymousreply 8710/26/2013

The frauen have taken over this thread and ruined a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 8810/26/2013

I smell a reality show!

Poor little rich girl. Tori Spelling must learn to live among the hoi polloi after a life of luxury.

by Anonymousreply 8910/26/2013

- Mother, May I Sleep with a married man?

-Yes, you may. But, I'll cut you off.

by Anonymousreply 9010/26/2013

R90, I love you.

by Anonymousreply 9210/26/2013

Thank you OP, this really made my day!

by Anonymousreply 9310/26/2013

I like Candy. As I recall she was a flight stewardess when she met Aaron, who had already been divorced from Carolyn Jones for a while.

She was really pretty when she was young. Tori looks like him except she's had a ton of really awful plastic surgery.

Aaron was her first and only marriage. She was not a gold digger, her family had money but they were pretty frugal.

As I recall, she didn't approve of Tori being a husband-stealing idiot, she doesn't approve of Dean being a real golddigger. She made up with Tori briefly for the grandchildren whom she adores and plies with presents.

Dean looks like shit these days and he's just waiting for the money. I'm not sure how much Candy is going to leave Tori though.

by Anonymousreply 9410/26/2013

[quote]I haven't read any of Tori's stories .... does she trash talk Candy in any of them ?? I'm sure she would, but no one wants to really read about Candy ....and Tori probably was a daddy's girl and has no 'Daddy Dearest' stories to tell

Well, she had Loni Anderson lampooning Candy in [italic]So NoTORIous[/italic] on VH1, which Candy didn't appreciate at all.

by Anonymousreply 9510/26/2013

Tori could solve all of her money problems if she would just sue her plastic surgeon for malpractice.

by Anonymousreply 9610/26/2013

[quote]They have to buy winter coats and boots and move to Canada, where they can get a show - any kind of show they want. It won't be good, but that is okay, Canadians are used to that and will watch anyway, or will turn to the American shows. Doesn't matter if there is no audience; it will stay on the air.

Wouldn't they be blacklisted there, though? Doesn't Mary Jo Eustace have the home-country advantage, being the wronged woman and all?

by Anonymousreply 9710/26/2013

They live in California. Can't they pick grapes?

by Anonymousreply 9910/26/2013

I must confess: I watched "Tori & Dean," starting with the bullshit "let's buy a B&B in Temecula!" premise and up to the last season of "Home Sweet Hollywood." While I am well-aware that much of what happens on reality shows is set up, here's what appeared to be legit:

1. Tori and Candy were VERY much on the outs, but Candy finally came around the past several years (and apparently forgave Tori for having Loni Anderson play her in that VH1 thing). Candy appeared on numerous episodes of later seasons, and even let them film a scene at Spelling Manor after she sold it to that British trustafarian twat. (To clarify: she allowed them to film a scene OUTSIDE of Spelling Manor, on the lawn. The inside was quite obviously off-limits to cameras, for whatever reason.)

2. Dean still works periodically, but predominantly in Canadian series or TV movies. There were numerous "surprise appearances" on Tori's behalf in places where he was filming, e.g. Vancouver and Manitoba.

3. I knew something was "off" in the last couple of episodes of the final season. It showed them moving out of their Encino "mansion" and into a substantially smaller place. They depicted it, at the time, as wanting to move in from the Valley to be closer to "the heart of the industry," and depicted their "downsizing" as a good thing for the family, even though they showed a scene where their son had a meltdown upon learning he'd have to share a bedroom with his sister -- which means they REALLY must have moved down, from 6,700 sq ft to a house no larger than three bedrooms. What I didn't know until the recent stories was that they ate a huge loss on the Encino house because they simply couldn't afford the mortgage (and the fact that they're now renting, and don't own a place, doesn't speak well for their financial health, either).

4. Tori has done a bunch of stuff that should have made her more than enough money to live on, in particular her several books (the first of which was a #1 NYT bestseller) and lines of children's clothing. However, aside from their Encino mansion, she had to pay the bills for her "antiques" (more like random junk) store, InvenTORI, launched during the final "Home Sweet Home" season, and you could tell it was doomed to failure from the start, both because of its terrible location with no foot traffic and its selection of, well, crap. Although it was crystal-clear that the majority of the stuff seen on the show was freebies -- Tori threw some sort of party literally every week, each of which "highlighted" a local bakery, jewelry store, party store, or whatever -- it was also clear that Oxygen wasn't picking up the tab for their housing or much of anything else. Finally, I know that her last pregnancy was a difficult one, requiring four or five months of complete bed rest (ladies, this is why you shouldn't have kids after 40...), and I'm sure that took the biggest toll of all on their bank accounts, particularly if she didn't have health insurance.

Anyway, while I understand why Candy would have reservations giving money to an obvious spendthrift, I mean come ON: it's not like she's going to let her four grandchildren starve to death. (It's been confirmed btw that she set up a $10 million trust fund for Liam, the oldest, and I would assume she did the same for the younger kids. They probably don't get it until well into adulthood, however.) Still, Tori has a number of ... issues she needs to deal with, starting with her hoarding problem. Yes, I am serious. Some people rent a 10x10 storage unit for their random crap; Tori rented a FULL-SIZE WAREHOUSE for hers. I'm talking 50-foot ceilings here! The need to empty this thing was supposedly the impetus for opening her InvenTORI store, but she's also apparently been hoarding EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING SHE'S EVER BOUGHT, including things she's never even worn! I mean, Jesus...

by Anonymousreply 10010/26/2013

What's up with Dean's alleged culinary career?

by Anonymousreply 10110/26/2013

"I understand why Candy would have reservations giving money to an obvious spendthrift"

Coming from one of the world's great spendthrifts! Candy spent her whole life shopping and hoarding crap she didn't need, and now she's mad because her daughter is behaving the same fucking way?

Sure, Candy can afford it and Tori can't, but Tori would be able to afford it if her mother let her have a share of her father's estate. You see this sometimes in really fucked-up mother-daughter relationships, the mother punishing the daughter for something she doesn't like about herself.

by Anonymousreply 10210/26/2013

Amen, R102. Candy has a fucking gift-wrapping room, for pity's sake!

by Anonymousreply 10310/26/2013

Ugly white people problems.

Who the fuck cares?

by Anonymousreply 10410/26/2013

Tori has a trust. Her income from that is about 100k / year. A pittance by hwood standards. Her kids education is paid for from trusts set up by Aaron before they were born.

Randy got in a boatload of trouble as a teen. Lots of payoffs and bribes were made to keep it quiet. He should have gone to jail. He lives a low profile because he has to.

by Anonymousreply 10510/26/2013

The thing said previously about her clothing is true. It started at the urging of her mother. I'll bet the old bag regrets that now..

by Anonymousreply 10610/26/2013

3 gift-wrapping rooms, r103, I just saw "Selling Spelling Mansion" for the first time today. They said it's the most expensive home that was ever listed for sale anywhere on earth (150 million.) I looked around my 600 sq ft apartment and thought, I fucking love this place, it has everything I need and is so cozy. Spelling Manor is 56,000 sq ft, bigger than the White House.

by Anonymousreply 10710/26/2013

[quote]Amen, [R102]. Candy has a fucking gift-wrapping room, for pity's sake!

Doesn't everyone?

by Anonymousreply 10810/26/2013

If Candy gives Tori money she is just going to keep spending more and more.

It will never be enough money for Tori.

Maybe this is the toughlove Tori needs to get her spending under control

by Anonymousreply 10910/26/2013

[quote]If Candy gives Tori money she is just going to keep spending more and more. It will never be enough money for Tori. Maybe this is the toughlove Tori needs to get her spending under control.

If Candy cared about her daughter, as most normal parents do....and she clearly doesn't even want to confront the issue that Tori overspends because she saw the way her mother was spending while Tori was growing up....Candy can easily help them without literally giving Tori and Dean a bunch of money at once or even a huge monthly allowance. (btw, I have a few relatives in their 40-50s, who have careers, yet continue to get an 'allowance' from their parents, unreal.)

Anyway, Candy can simply pay their ESSENTIAL monthly rental cost (of course, they need to rent a cheaper house), gas, electric, food and phone bills. Maybe pay for an emergency car repair. Period.

Tori and Dean will then need to have some kind of income for their clothing, maintenance essentials (shampoo, razors etc) and other items which are non-essentials, which they might want but not NEED! Such as an expensive Celine bag, or whatever, no woman truly NEEDS a bag which costs over $2,000!

by Anonymousreply 11010/26/2013

Dean could do daddy porn. Tori? Porn for blind people, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 11110/26/2013

Does Candy give any money to charity or does she just spend it all on the stupidest and most wasteful things imaginable?

All of that money and yet she appears to be such a worthless person.

by Anonymousreply 11210/26/2013

The Gangbang of Helen Keller.

by Anonymousreply 11410/26/2013

[quote]Frau who buys into the story Tori is selling - hook, line and sinker.

Frau? Not at all, I'm a gay man who has been posting on DL since 1998-99.

Go fuck yourself, you sound like a moron. I don't even CARE about Tori's financial issues.

MY POINT was, ANY grown child who has financial problems CAN be helped, by a wealthy parent, without the rich parent giving them a large amount of money at once. That way the parent just pays for the essentials.

Candy can set up monthly payments through a specific bank account set up for this or through her credit cards.

Why assume any person who posts here with LOGICAL answers is a frau? Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 11510/26/2013

I have to ask the question, is Tori "real people broke" or is she "Hollywood Broke"? There is a difference.

by Anonymousreply 11710/26/2013

Ugh "Mystery Girls" is the upcoming show starring Tori and Jeannie Garth. And more ugh as it's a "crime comedy." You'll have to pay me to watch.

by Anonymousreply 11910/26/2013

And not to be a total bitch, but they are both too old to be "girls!"

by Anonymousreply 12010/26/2013

The New Golden Girls?

Randy's website is cray cray. People pay him for that shit?

by Anonymousreply 12110/27/2013

We're not hearing anything Dean is doing to support his 6 kids, 4 with Tori, two with the ex-wife. Dean is actually the one I'm curious about. And I'm wondering why media isn't painting him in the picture. Because he's a Big part of it actually.

by Anonymousreply 12210/27/2013

Tori, do you need my help? I mean, I'm just a music inventory manager, but I am from Jersey...I know people, you know? Or people who know people who might know people, but if you need for Mom to move on, just let me know, and I'll see what I can do, okay?

Donna Martin Assassinates! Just say the word...

by Anonymousreply 12310/27/2013

When Candy dies she's leaving all her money to the roses she had bred specifically for her new conservatory in the sky....they're far prettier than Tori.

by Anonymousreply 12410/27/2013

R122, you must have missed the statement and all the articles that came out a couple of days after Tori's magazine article saying they are broke or her money is not abundant.

Dean made a statement which was picked up ALL OVER saying that he has a cookbook coming out and he is also hosting a cooking show starting soon. (he went to cooking school)

And that Tori and Dean have a new reality show starting soon together. And Tori has a new book.

by Anonymousreply 12510/27/2013

[quote]When Candy dies she's leaving all her money to the roses she had bred specifically for her new conservatory in the sky....they're far prettier than Tori.

They probably had a more productive life, too.

by Anonymousreply 12610/27/2013

How much money did Candy (Tori's mother) inherit?

If Tori is in her mother's will, she should make sure she remains on very good terms with her mother and wait it out.

by Anonymousreply 12710/27/2013

Candy inherited $600 million from Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 12810/27/2013

Tori once said she has a storage room that is packed with beanie babies ,which she and her mother collected. She said she can't even give those things away because no one wants them now. The waste of money! ugh! that crap was so outrageously priced when it was the big craze in the 90s. I worked in a store which we sold those stupid things and you just had to be there to see how grown adults acted when they bought, for example, a small bean bag bear that was called the Lady Diana bear. Some of them were screaming saying, I can't believe it's here!! right away they would fork over $500 that was probably made with materials costing 50 cents in a factory in China on a assembly line.

by Anonymousreply 12910/27/2013

Really R128? I thought the Spellings were worth 1 billion dollars? A financial expert once said they had to be worth at least close to 1 billion dollars to have lived in the Spelling Manor. He said the up keep of the mansion alone of was mind-boggling. That didn't include Candy's endless shopping sprees, Candy's jewelry collection ,which is suppose to be phenomenal, their vast priceless collection of dolls and other collections.

by Anonymousreply 13010/27/2013

Princess Diana Beanie baby on ebay for 58,999.99. Are people really this stupid?

by Anonymousreply 13110/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 13210/27/2013

R131, that seller is high on some heavy drugs because no one will give you a nickel for any of those beanie babies. The fad is long gone.

by Anonymousreply 13310/27/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 13410/27/2013

WTF is that shit @r131? How is that stuffed animal supposed to be related to princess dirty diana?

by Anonymousreply 13510/27/2013

Randy Spelling is an ICF Certified Life Coach. He has a keen ability as an Intuitive Life Coach, Motivational Speaker, Writer and Spiritual Facilitator. Randy does relationship coaching, spiritual coaching and career coaching. He works with clients and groups all over the world in discovering who they are and utilizing their own unique gifts to express themselves. Randy has been called a gentle and powerful leader who encourages people to look within to find meaning and purpose in life. Although, anything to do with food and experiencing new things are some of Randy’s biggest joys in life, his favorite moments are the moments of connection. He says that when he can be a part of watching someone realize how truly special they are, there is nothing more enjoyable than that.

by Anonymousreply 13610/27/2013

I think Aaron Spelling had sold the rights to most of his catalog before he died, which would mean that there is no future money coming in for remakes or reboots. I don't think it's wrong for Candy to cut off Tori as there won't be Spelling money forever.

by Anonymousreply 13710/27/2013

[quote] Randy got in a boatload of trouble as a teen. Lots of payoffs and bribes were made to keep it quiet. He should have gone to jail. He lives a low profile because he has to.

Can you explain more?

by Anonymousreply 13810/27/2013

I hope Candy rots in hell!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 13910/27/2013

I think Candy is a disgusting bitch but then, Tori...not my type of person either. Our decisions have huge effects on our lives. Why did she let her father spend millions on a wedding and marriage that lasted two minutes? That would make any parent mad.

Why the fuck have four kids when you are struggling? And is there some reason her husband can't work? She had to make a lot of money with her acting and her reality shows...did she piss it all away? Maybe she's simply not very bright and doesn't know how to manage her money?

by Anonymousreply 14010/27/2013

Really, Aaron is the one who cut Tori out...he was really angry with his kid and I don't blame him. He probably thought if he did leave her money, she would just waste it.

Her husband has six kids? That's pretty shitty, I wonder if he pays child support for his oldest kids?

by Anonymousreply 14110/27/2013

Upthread somewhere talked about Tori having Lonnie Anderson acting as her mother to seriously piss her off her own mother. What you may not know is that it was also a slap at her father. Lonnie was beloved by Johnny Carson, referred to as one of Johnny's girls - including Pam Dawber and Lymda Carter, and that Aaron and Johnny HATED. Each other. *that's* why Candi was so pissed off and deeply hurt.

by Anonymousreply 14210/27/2013

I can't stand any of them but to me, Candy is the worst. She doesn't even act like a mother...she just seems to be a greedy selfish bitch.

by Anonymousreply 14310/27/2013

Rich or not why is a parent expected to take care of adult children for the rest of their lives?

If Aaron wanted Tori to have more money I am sure he would have left it to her outright. He left the majority of his money to his wife for a reason.

And to those asking what did her parents expect of Tori? They expected that she would marry a man that would keep her in the lifestyle she was accustomed to. If she she was too stupid to that do then it is all on her.

by Anonymousreply 14410/27/2013

Yes but R144 Candy was cavorting with some other man, while Aaron was on his deathbed.

Which was one of the many reasons for this estrangement. Speculation is that Candy manipulated Aaron on his deathbed to change the will, to have her get everything,

by Anonymousreply 14510/27/2013

Why the bad blood between Aaron and Johnny Carson?

by Anonymousreply 14610/27/2013

Aaron just seemed gay to me, I thought he was one of the Velvet Mafia because he was actually gay. I know he was mad at Tori and I didn't blame him but you don't have kids and then leave them with next to nothing.

Seems to me Tori had been scrambling to make money but for some reason, popping out kids like there is no tomorrow. I don't understand the family at all but it does make me think, being born with money can sometimes be more painful than being born poor.

by Anonymousreply 14710/27/2013

To me, one of the major reasons for wanting to earn a lot of money, is to be able to set your kid up for life. To me, you teach them to respect their wealth and learn how to keep it. And in the end, you leave it to them.

Unless your kid is a murdering child molester, why wouldn't you leave them your money?

by Anonymousreply 14810/27/2013

R145, what Candy did while Aaron was on his deathbed is between the two of them. women have needs just like men. Maybe he knew this and thought it was ok. Either way I do not believe Candy is responsible for her adult children who are capable of working. People tell folks on welfare to stop popping out babies and so should Tori.

by Anonymousreply 14910/27/2013

R136 Wow. Not everyone can do it.

by Anonymousreply 15010/27/2013

" I don't think it's wrong for Candy to cut off Tori as there won't be Spelling money forever. "

Not if Candy spends it all on gift wrap and Madame Alexander dolls!

"If Aaron wanted Tori to have more money I am sure he would have left it to her outright. He left the majority of his money to his wife for a reason."

If he'd left it all to charity instead of his spendthrift family I'd respect that, but what he actually did was give it to his spendthrift wife to waste instead of his spendthrift daughter. That is a decision that nobody could like but the wife.

by Anonymousreply 15110/27/2013

R151, regardless he earned the money and disposed of it the way he wanted. That is his choice. He left her some money and fulfilled his moral obligation to his married daughter.

by Anonymousreply 15210/27/2013

It seems to me Tori has shown for years to have a respectable work ethic. She's worked steady since her teens, and worked hard. Yes she lives well, but she's worked for nearly everything she has/had. Yeah her Dad got her jobs, but she showed up and worked hard even when things on the set got nasty and the original stars were leaving the show. You've got to admire her for that.

She's also continued to earn a living and find creative ways to say relevant. It's not like she's a lazy deadbeat kid. Her parents have a lot to be proud of and I continue to admire her for keeping a sense of humor about herself and working to keep the lifestyle she aims to live.

Now Randy is another story. People are so quick to criticize Tori, but what has Randy done? He came across as a huge dick on some short lived reality show about him and his Hollywood buddies. As a parent I'd find it easier to supplement Tori's finances than Randy's. are he and Candy close? Maybe he contributes more to society and the Spelling family than I'm giving him credit for, but there's no denying Tori has always worked her ass off with a smile.

by Anonymousreply 15310/27/2013

Well Candy needn't expect her daughter to help care for her, when she is on her death bed.

If I were Tori I would just let her mother go...I don't believe Tori owes her mother anything. Sometimes family is just THE WORST...

by Anonymousreply 15410/27/2013

I agree with both R153 and R154 about Tori and Candy. I can't comment on Randy as I don't know anything about him and have only seen like one photo of him in my life which attests more to the popularity of the women rather than him. I know that personally, I wouldn't want to go to a "life coach" from a super-rich family -- especially when his accomplishments don't seem apparent. He'd have to prove a lot to me to change my mind on that.

The fact that Tori has pretty much been working in TV since her teens, even while having 4 kids, does show a lot of "work ethic" to me too, but that's why it's even more mind boggling why she's saying "I'm broke." TV jobs like that don't pay minimum wage. She and Dean have had at least three reality shows for starters, so the amount of money she'd have had to spend on shopping would have to be enormous and I don't think coming from such a wealthy background is an excuse when you're married to a man who didn't have that background and you're raising 4 kids together.

by Anonymousreply 15510/27/2013

Here's what Randy Spelling looks like, if anyone actually wants to look at him.

Nothing to see there.

by Anonymousreply 15610/27/2013

R147, the reason Tori has been 'popping out four kids' as you term it is because she very much wanted the kids, she and Dean make gorgeous children together, she and Dean enjoy their kids, and their kids are adorable.

by Anonymousreply 15710/27/2013

I have a feeling that Candy is worth a fraction of what people believe she is worth.

by Anonymousreply 15810/27/2013

One of the reasons Aaron and Candy got mad at Tori was when she left her Armenian American husband to go with Dean because Tori thought Dean was cuter. They threw her an enormous wedding and the marriage didn't last that long.

by Anonymousreply 15910/27/2013

Sue your plastic surgeon, you busted up heffa.

by Anonymousreply 16010/27/2013

R160 made me LOL! Speaking of the stupid reality show Randy was involved in, the worst waste of skin was Sean Stewart, Rod Stewart's kid. He was fug, too.

by Anonymousreply 16110/27/2013

[quote]I haven't read any of Tori's stories .... does she trash talk Candy in any of them ??

Candy comes off like Alexis in Dynasty, which is where they probably got the idea. Tori had a big wedding to a Jewish guy her parents approved of but split with him real quick and took up with Dean.

Tori says her Mom used to sprinkle exotic seashells along the beach at Malibu so that she would find them. That was kind of sweet.

But Aaron Spelling used hookers like Kleenex. "Stewardess" was kind of a euphemism for call girl back in the 60s. Candy was one of the lucky ones. She ended up with it all.

by Anonymousreply 16210/27/2013

[quote]Tori had a big wedding to a Jewish guy her parents approved of but split with him real quick and took up with Dean.

Didn't Tori bitch to the press about how her mother only spent a measly 2 million dollars on her wedding?

by Anonymousreply 16310/27/2013

[quote] she and Dean make gorgeous children together

Get real.

by Anonymousreply 16410/27/2013

Tori's marriage lasted a year or less because she met Dean on a film set.

I would have left the very average Jewish guy husband for Dean too. Dean was very handsome and very attractive at the time, and it was one chance in a million for Tori to be able to make love with and land a tall handsome husband.

The marriage to the average Jewish guy cost one million dollars.

I don't begrudge Tori passing up the chance to be with Dean. And their marriage has produced four extremely cute kids.

Not good for the average Jewish guy husband, but very beneficial for Tori.

by Anonymousreply 16510/27/2013

meant to type: I don't begrudge Tori NOT passing up the chance to be with Dean.

by Anonymousreply 16610/27/2013

Teenagers are just whacked-out. My mother was a mean alcoholic/rage-aholic. Begrudged me everything even though she had plenty of money. I would have liked a little empathy and kindness as a teen, a hug once in a while.+-

Charlie Shanian is not Jewish, he is Christian.

by Anonymousreply 16710/27/2013

Is someone trying to get the kids an endorsement deal? Neither of them are particularly good looking and she's downright homely.

by Anonymousreply 16810/28/2013

Wiki says Dean has five kids, not six. It says he decided not to go through with the adoption of a little girl he and his first wife were in process of getting - although it doesn't indicate whether the first wife went ahead without him.

by Anonymousreply 16910/28/2013

Wiki's full of shit, R169.

Dean and his ex-wife adopted the little girl in 2005. They were still together.

It was finalized in 2006 (adoptions take a long time to actually finalize). He took off with Tori at the exact time it was being finalized legally. His ex-wife finalized it as a single parent because he abandoned the child and the adoption.

Despite making a ton of money from books, crappy reality shows, Aaron's $800,000 bequest to Tori, etc., these two dumb bunnies are broke.

Serves them right, the morons. Candy may have been a whore but she's not fool enough to throw away money on these two.

by Anonymousreply 17010/28/2013

The worst thing Tori did was casting Loni Anderson as Candy. I can't be angry with the old cow because I always picture Jennifer from WKRP.

As far as income goes, she needs to enforce a house husband rule and go back to taking parts in indie films or CW dramas.

by Anonymousreply 17110/28/2013

Why would you have 4 children when you don't have the money to raise them? Why the hell did she have to push out 4? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 17210/29/2013

It was unrealistic of Candy and Aaron to expect Tori to be able to marry a man of wealth easily. Given the gene pool the supplied super-fugly Aaron and his horse-faced wife - it's amazing Tori came out with the goods to attract anything.

by Anonymousreply 17310/29/2013

Dean wants to be a television host. He took cooking lessons, not to be a chef of course, but to look like he knew what he was doing. He would appear on the new "Home & Family" on Hallmark with Mark Steines and Christina Ferrare. He would do segments on cooking and DIY and even co-hosted a few times while Mark was off. That was over a year ago and he hasn't been back since.

by Anonymousreply 17410/29/2013

Didn't her husband go to college? Could he simply earn a normal living?

Here's the thing, Candy raised Tory to be rich and that's all she understands. Candy should give her a trust fund and only allow her a certain amount of money each month. I'm sorry but I believe a rich parent does owe that to their kid. If the kid is the rich one, they owe their parents something. It's just a normal, loving thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 17510/29/2013

[quote]Seems to me Tori had been scrambling to make money but for some reason, popping out kids like there is no tomorrow.

The kids are to maintain a profile. A pregnant "star" gets more press. Its all about keeping the pathetic little piece of fame she has.

by Anonymousreply 17610/29/2013

[quote]I continue to admire her for keeping a sense of humor about herself

With that face, she HAS to.

by Anonymousreply 17710/29/2013

I had always wondered, why if she was so rich, did she get such a bad boob job...maybe her cheap parents sent her to a surgeon in Mexico?

by Anonymousreply 17810/29/2013

I remember when Tori was complaining that Dean didn't work. At the time, he had his heart set on being a motorcycle racer. Of course, Tori funded this.

by Anonymousreply 17910/29/2013

R175 I agree about the trust fund. To go from placing seashells on the beach in Malibu for Tori to find to apparently cutting her off does seem too harsh given that yes, "Candy raised Tori to be rich." But, Tori is an adult and capable of earning money as she has been doing, so yes, Candy should limit the flow of the money.

by Anonymousreply 18010/29/2013

R179 -- Yes, about the motorcycle racing and there was the diving and gee what other expensive hobbies does Dean have? With so many kids it would be easy to judge him as spending too much on this stuff -- gift wrapping rooms and Beanie Babies be damned!

by Anonymousreply 18110/29/2013

Aaron Spelling wasn't that bad looking when young.

by Anonymousreply 18210/29/2013

Younger Candy wasn't bad looking either, in fact she was quite attractive.

by Anonymousreply 18310/29/2013

R169, yes, Dean's ex-wife went ahead and finalized the adoption of the little girl.

by Anonymousreply 18410/29/2013

Aaron as a hillbilly on "I Love Lucy."

by Anonymousreply 18510/29/2013

R182, Aaron was remarkably ugly and hideous and always had the gross, disgusting, rancid pipe hanging out of his mouth.

You think he wasn't bad looking in the photo you posted at R182?

Wow, he looks hideous and ugly to me in that photo, and after that photo he was even more ugly.

And I do not find all that many people ugly.

by Anonymousreply 18610/29/2013

Tori has had a very expensive giving a party habit.

She loves to entertain people by giving elaborate parties and she said she grew up being accustomed to having lots of parties given by her mother.

Dean came out with a statement after Tori's "I'm broke" article hit the press saying that they are not really broke - that they just need to conserve.

by Anonymousreply 18710/29/2013

AGC has a blind item some say is Tori using drugs while pregnant

by Anonymousreply 18810/29/2013

[quote] she and Dean make gorgeous children together

Get real.

by Anonymousreply 18910/29/2013

Holy shit, I stumbled upon the new E! special about Tori and Dean. They look like hell. He's been eating for two which makes his eyes look even beadier. And there are so many white lights shining at Tori she looks like a ghost. Even with a pound of Vaseline and a roll of gauze on the lens, poor thing is still hideous.

They were promoting a new show called Cabin Fever. Oh god a spiritual medium just came on...what the fuck is this?

by Anonymousreply 19010/29/2013

Tori is always full of excuses. In one of her books she said that when she was recovering from her boob job her mother sicced the dogs on her. She was like "I heard the door opening and I'm thinking Mom can't be letting the dogs come in here, but she was, and they attacked me!" Maybe that was her excuse for why they came out all wonky.

by Anonymousreply 19110/29/2013

Skint are we? 'Hard up' Tori Spelling 'has THREE nannies looking after her four children'

by Anonymousreply 19211/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 19301/28/2015

guess thats a good reason notto buy monica a gift

by Anonymousreply 19401/28/2015

by Anonymousreply 19502/10/2015

Please don't bump this old old old shit. No one gives a fuck about this useless gash.

by Anonymousreply 19602/10/2015

Can't she even afford a consonant?

by Anonymousreply 19702/10/2015

BOO HOO! she needs to get a suzy smackdown on the "suze orman show"!...

" suze, we are broke, what can we do, we are so much in debt, we both work hard and we deserve what we have, but what should we do, it's not fair, blah, blah, blah"..

suze: well let's see you take home 15 thousand a month but your overspending by 5 thousand a month and let's show everyone your home for you and your husband and 2 small children...

ah yes, 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and 6000 square feet plus of a home... you make 180 thousand a year and you are broke?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!...

cry me a fricking river, i have absolutely not one single solitary iota thought for people like this or tori! in fact, it's even more pathetic and insulting to the 99% of america that she is even saying this and publicizing it!!

by Anonymousreply 19802/10/2015

Bitch please - the only things busted about Tori are her face and her marriage.

by Anonymousreply 19902/11/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!