Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What happened to my "Wendy Williams' new seaosn off to a hot start" thread?

The last time I looked it was going okay; a nice discussion about her guests, format, etc.

This morning I get the message "Thread does not exist."

Did things get ugly last night after 6pm (EST)?

by Anonymousreply 2311/12/2013

wow OP I just tried opening it too and it's gone. Could you repost the article?

Anyway I'm a loyal viewer. I record the show daily and will skip the guest segment if I'm not a fan of whoever's on that day.

I don't always agree with Wendy but she gives her opinion and isn't afraid to openly criticize some of the biggest names in the business.

I find her funny at times too. The wig donation and makeovers she's doing for Breast Cancer Month are amazing, and no I'm not a woman, drag queen or tranny.

by Anonymousreply 110/25/2013

Lost amid all the ratings news about freshman talk shows (“Queen Latifah,” “Arsenio” et al.) is that veteran yakker Wendy Williams has gotten off to a hot start in the land of daytime.

Through the first five weeks of the syndicated season (Sept. 16 through Oct. 18), “The Wendy Williams Show” has kicked some serious butt in its New York timeslot (10 a.m./Ch. 5) — finishing first in households and in the all-important women demos (18-49 and 25-54).

It’s also registered significant gains in those demos over its October 2012 average — with increases of 52 percent in households, and 20 and 35 percent, respectively, in women 18-49 and women 25-54.

Nationally, the show’s ratings are up 27 percent over the first three weeks of last season — and are also up in women 18-49 (12 percent) and women 25-54 (25 percent) over that same time frame.

It’s the same story in total viewers — with “Wendy” averaging 197,000 viewers on Ch. 5 (up 61 percent over last year) and 1.7 million viewers nationally (up 25 percent over a year ago.)

by Anonymousreply 210/25/2013

I'm not caught up yet this week but have seen some of the hot topics.

I loved when she said "LeAnn, what are you doing? What are you doing LeAnn?" when they showed that pic of LeAnn trying to be funny lying on a truck that said "wrecker service" on it. Then Wendy said "but what is cute-those boots!"

by Anonymousreply 310/25/2013

You actually watch those makeover segments, R1?

by Anonymousreply 410/25/2013

R4 they are sweet segments. Unlike some here, I'm not a woman-hater. I enjoy seeing these poor women whose looks and health were ravaged by cancer get their sexy/pretty back. Seeing the looks on their family's faces is endearing too.

I also love seeing the number of gays in the audience. Wendy loves us.

by Anonymousreply 510/25/2013

I love how much she loves gossip. Just so hilarious. Most people try to pretend they don't care-she doesn't hide it.

by Anonymousreply 610/26/2013

Wendy as Superwoman for Halloween:

by Anonymousreply 711/01/2013

She was dressed as Wonder Woman today and her tits are bigger than Lynda Carter's.

I enjoy her when I catch the show but like a lot of people, she's a hypocrite. She was still carrying on about Julianne Hough being in tanface and, in the next breath she's praising fag-hating Feminem.

by Anonymousreply 811/01/2013

oh for sure a lot of people, including Wendy, are hypocrites. She is VERY gay-friendly though. She loves to spend after-hours with her all-gay glam squad talking it up and they always come over to her house for award-show viewing parties. When there are homophobic incidents involving stars, she does speak up. If Emmy is ever involved in another major anti-gay scandal, she'll definitely scold him for it.

by Anonymousreply 911/01/2013

She seems to say it like she means it.

by Anonymousreply 1011/01/2013

She makes me laugh. She doesn't care that her haters think she's a drag queen.

I love her admitted love of gossip.

by Anonymousreply 1111/02/2013

Check out starting at 3:27 in the following video. Wendy talks about Eminem's homophobic lyrics:

by Anonymousreply 1211/10/2013

I wish Wendy had had her talk show starting in the 80s. The gossip and all the hot topics!

by Anonymousreply 1311/10/2013

How you do-innnnnnnn?

by Anonymousreply 1411/10/2013

oh get yourself R15 stop pretending you don't love trashy gossip. Everyone does, just some of you try to hide it or say you're above it.

by Anonymousreply 1611/11/2013

Somebody posted this on the Tyson Beckford thread. Old school Wendy on her VH1 show lol, a mess.

by Anonymousreply 1711/11/2013

haha R17

I do wish Wendy could be a bit more of her inner messy self on the show, but she still manages to get herself involved in mini scandals.

That open letter that the former Fresh Prince actress wrote to her earlier this year was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 1811/11/2013

She is going to eat (prepared) crow on the show if Kanye actually marries Kim. She is looking for a chef who knows how to prepare a crow dish.

by Anonymousreply 1911/11/2013

I was with Wendy on that one. I still have hard time seeing those 2 idiots marry and stay married.

by Anonymousreply 2011/11/2013

How the fuck does she walk around with those ginormous titties? The nipples must be the size of satellite dishes!!

by Anonymousreply 2111/12/2013

Wendy may be doing well but it appears she's still having a hard time getting A-list guests to appear on her show. Apparently, Hollywood's PR folks don't yet feel comfortable enough with allowing their biggest clients to sit on her couch, forcing her to continue relying so heavily on B- and C-list and reality stars as guests.

I think it would only take one HUGE star to appear and break the mold, so to speak, and I think it would have to be a white A-list star, not a black one. Wendy and her folks should work triple overtime trying to woo Tom Hanks or Sandra Bullock onto the show.

by Anonymousreply 2211/12/2013

I actually like her. She definitely has a great personality.

by Anonymousreply 2311/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!