Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Work Reports

As I sit here completing a series of 13 annual reports (combined pages about 450 pages) full of data, analyses, charts, tables, recommendations, bulleted lists of this and that, assessments, fiscal data, and so on, all couched in careful PR terms while attempting to point the finger where the trouble is,

Do you do such things in your work? Does the fact that no one reads these required things except to make trouble or look for issues (not related to the bottom line, strategy or addressing challenges), isn't it a terrible waste of time and talent? I mean, I have people in three countries working on all this, and of course with the new info tech and such, it's not like the old days when you just tossed your dictaphone at a secretary. The top people end up doing the fucking formatting!

As a lucky CEO I shouldn't complain, but this business is such a waste. It's not like one's board cares or believes a thing you produce (smart people), and know even to shrug off the financials, since nowadays all the CPAs and such are crooks and manipulators of data.

(And in advance I weep for the children of Darfur)

by Anonymousreply 810/28/2013

You're the fucking CEO and you don't have the power to change things at your own company?

Effective.

by Anonymousreply 110/24/2013

My heart bleeds purple peanut butter for you.

by Anonymousreply 210/24/2013

Be thankful you have a job.

by Anonymousreply 310/24/2013

R1 is naive, R2 is cool, and R3 has hemorrhoids. A typical list.

For the record, R1, CEOs have to face both the facts business life and the fact that almost everyone is incompetent when it comes to the finer details of work. Get a mirror, if you need evidence.

The videos, speeches and PR pieces that come from this work are fine - the core documents themselves are the issue - necessary and useless.

by Anonymousreply 410/24/2013

Accountants have always been crooks OP.

by Anonymousreply 510/26/2013

I also work on preparing these reports, and although I am not the CFO (a lowly controller), I love them. I love the analyses I put into them, as well as the final product. The reports are relied upon by financial institutions for many things, and that's what makes the economy keep turning. I am honestly confused by your post.

by Anonymousreply 610/26/2013

OP, you're describing a good 40% of my worklife.

Preparing minimally sensible reports should be a minor part of my job, but with parent companies, regulators, parent company regulators and compliance breathing down everyone's neck, this shit creeps up to take over my workday and prevents me from finishing the things I'm actually expected to deliver (and for which I'm held accountable).

So many modern workplaces are administering themselves to death. All the productivity gains made possible by computers, the internet and outsourcing are being eaten up by senseless ass-covering paperwork.

And I only wish I were the CEO.

No, wait, actually, I don't.

by Anonymousreply 710/26/2013

this OP wrote this about women:

" women are cunts who are out of control and insane, and continue to get away with it because straight men will put up with anything in order to fuck them. So the rest of us are left in the wake of their unfillable needs and their unending hypocrisy."

by Anonymousreply 810/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.