Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is your office Freeperland?

How do you manage it?

by Anonymousreply 3610/30/2013

My co-workers and bosses are super-liberal and I live in a blue state, so no.

by Anonymousreply 110/23/2013

I work in a science lab at a university. Definitely not. Honestly it is rare to find someone who is even religious, though they do exist.

by Anonymousreply 210/23/2013

My boss is very liberal but one of my co-workers is a right wing catholic who goes to church every Sunday. He is 29 years old and scared shitless that his mommie is going to find out that he just moved in with his girlfriend. He doesn't push is rethug beliefs unless he's pressed because he knows he's in the minority. He also hates curry.

by Anonymousreply 410/23/2013

Recently left such an environment - although it wasn't an office, more of a co-op of self-employed dealers.

When Obama won they were livid. I announced everything would be ok - except they all had to get gay married, have an abortion, and get a serial number tattoo.

Going forward, my response to the bullshit was, "Admit it; you hate brown people." It shut them up.

by Anonymousreply 510/23/2013

I worked for a big energy company in the South for a time and it was wall-to-wall freepers.

by Anonymousreply 610/23/2013

"He also hates curry."

I don't either and I'm not a Freeper.

by Anonymousreply 710/23/2013

I work in a Fortune 50. No one in my office of eight mentions politics.

by Anonymousreply 910/23/2013

I work in a financial firm in NYC and while there are a lot of Republicans, they're almost all socially liberal.

by Anonymousreply 1010/23/2013

The Republican mantra of "smaller government, less spending, etc." Is a big fucking lie.

All it means is, they want to spend America's wealth in the direction they want, like the military and corporate welfare, and not on social programs -- you know, the things that actually make American life worth living.

The amount of Federal money spent when the Republicans are in charge is just about the same.

And then there's Dick Cheney, the eminence grise of the Republican pantheon who so profoundly pontificated when was riding high as the Republican Vice President of United States of America*, "Deficits don't matter."

* and de facto President

by Anonymousreply 1110/23/2013

I work with a lot of law enforcement officers, local, state and federal - and they HATE Obama. I find it completely unsettling. And the things they focus on blow my mind. Many are still convinced that he is a muslin and born outside of the US.

by Anonymousreply 1210/23/2013

[quote]I work in a financial firm in NYC and while there are a lot of Republicans, they're almost all socially liberal.

Actually this is how the majority of the GOP is. My father was old school Republican and socially liberal. The ones screeching about minorities, gays, and abortion are a small but noisy faction of anti-government, anti-tax, religious loons.

by Anonymousreply 1310/23/2013

Racism and taxes are for poor people.

by Anonymousreply 1410/23/2013

Almost all of Management is. They're all Obama-bashing, ObamaCare-bashing, FOXNews-talking-point-spewing white guys.

Several people I work with, though, are liberal, and they make it worth while.

There are a few obnoxious Ron Paul libertarians though. Nice guys, but damn, do NOT get them started on politics or economics, their ignorance and arrogance are just painful.

by Anonymousreply 1510/23/2013

[quote]are still convinced that he is a muslin

...they think he's fabric?

by Anonymousreply 1610/23/2013

I've been to Freeperland but I've never been to me.

by Anonymousreply 1710/23/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1810/23/2013

no, chock full of lefties

by Anonymousreply 1910/23/2013

"Socially liberal" Republicans' votes support a platform that is anti-gay, so it doesn't matter how "socially liberal" the individual is. These people should be held accountable for their support of such an organization.

by Anonymousreply 2010/23/2013

YES! I don't handle it well, honestly. It is almost non-stop Teabagger madness from my boss. He didn't used to be like this either. He even voted for Obama in 2008. I only started noticing a difference approximately after Benghazi. It has only gotten worse, and seems to get worse every day.

Today, he was bitching about a friend of his who he said, "lives off the government teat like all Republicans". A co-worker (super conservative, fundie, but extremely low-info voter, doesn't participate in elections) said to him in reply, "Hey, you're a Republican. You shouldn't talk bad about them." And he scoffed. I asked if he has officially divorced himself from the party, and he said yes, that he's "100% a Tea Party man".

Yesterday he instigated an argument with us about Obamacare with a bunch of bullshit that I know he got from Drudge.

by Anonymousreply 2110/23/2013

my office is MARY-Land!

by Anonymousreply 2310/29/2013

My office is just me in my undies. No Freepers in here.

by Anonymousreply 2410/29/2013

R25, you're a whore, darling.

by Anonymousreply 2510/29/2013

Tell me something I don't know, R26.

by Anonymousreply 2610/29/2013

Everyone that I work with is a liberal, no awful conservatives except for an asshole janitor, who is an overt bigot.

by Anonymousreply 2710/29/2013

R25, you have worms in your tubes.

by Anonymousreply 2810/29/2013

Leave it to the Freeper at R30 to not understand why someone would be curious or informed about what occurs around them.

by Anonymousreply 3010/29/2013

My office is over-the-top stupid Republicans, who bitch about welfare and "poor" people (I work for the DPW) and then bitch and moan because they don't get the (lousy) 1% raises the union employees (me) get.

I also have a number of people asking me why I don't believe in God, and aren't I afraid I'll go to "the other place." This last comment from a woman who's living with a man she's not married to. When did it become OK to be a born-again and sleep around? But I digress.

The cognitive dissonance is incredible.

Of course, these are state government employees, so they also bitch and moan about how underpaid they are, but they do so little work I'd like to kill them.

Still, I pretty much knew what I was in for when I moved back to my home (flyover) state a year ago. So I just tell myself that the only reason I'm here is for the pension, count down the days (years?) until I can move on, and try to make the best of it.

But it is a living hell, I can tell you that.

by Anonymousreply 3110/29/2013

I find it bizarre when law enforcement types hate President Obama, when every right wing douchebag is so hostile to unions, without which these criminal cement heads wouldn't have a job, insurance, or disability cases to fake, and pensions to falsely inflate. I love when they get fucked over or get caught committing crimes. Dirty bastards, all of them!

by Anonymousreply 3210/29/2013

There's no such thing as a liberal Republican. They don't exist.

by Anonymousreply 3310/30/2013

[quote]Honestly, though, he's more of a Reagan Republican, who claims they want smaller government, less spending, etc.

That's a bunch of horse shit. Reagan grew the government exponentially.

by Anonymousreply 3410/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!