Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Shepard Smith berates waitress: "Get my fucking drink!"

He had his man whore with him at the time with him at the time.

(Source: Gawker)

Shepard Smith, the new director of Fox News’ breaking news operation, is by far the channel’s most lovable anchor—a cuddly-if-irascible antidote to his demagoguing colleagues. Like most people on television, however, he’s a lot less nice in person. Especially to waitresses.

One night last March, at a Chelsea speakeasy called Bathtub Gin, Smith and a group of friends were downing cocktails when the 49-year-old anchor, his drink half empty, noticed their waitress attending another table.

He wanted the next round now.

“He got up from his table, grabbed my elbow, and started yelling,” the waitress, a 30-year-old woman named Katya Minskova, told Gawker. Smith continued berating her: “Where the fuck is my drink! Where is my fucking drink! Get my fucking drink!”

(Smith prefers a special off-menu concoction of gin, muddled cucumber, and shaved ice when he patronizes Bathtub Gin. In fact, he never orders anything printed on the speakeasy’s menu.)

“He started smacking his hands, like the back of his right hand into the palm of his left,” Minskova said. “He was spitting. His veins were popping out.”

Smith had arrived earlier that night with a straight couple and his own regular date, a muscular 6-foot-2 30-something white male, whom Bathtub Gin employees refer to as “his boyfriend.” Like most other nights—Smith frequents the bar, located behind a coffee shop on 9th Avenue, about once a week—the anchor’s attention fell on his date. According to Minskova and one other source who have seen Smith and his date drink there on multiple occasions, the couple frequently holds hands and rests them in each others’ laps under the table. Nobody we spoke with, including several Fox insiders, knew the name of Smith's date.

“There was no reason for you to scream at me,” Minskova told Smith.

“Yes, there was. You’re fucking slow. I told you I wanted a second round.”

Smith continued: “Why don’t you take my order right now?”

Minskova tried explaining that the bartender was still mixing the second round, but Smith, visibly angry, told her to cancel it and asked for the check, a duty she passed to another waitress before telling the speakeasy’s manager what had happened.

“I’ve dealt with assholes and drunks before,” said Minskova, who has worked in the service industry for several years. “But nothing like this.”

Smith and his entourage left without leaving a tip, and without apologizing. Minskova wound up quitting a few months later.

It wouldn’t be Smith's first public demonstration of rage. In 2000, while covering the Florida recount, he was arrested by Tallahassee police for “aggravated battery” against a female reporter, after he reportedly slammed his car into her standing body. (Here is his mugshot.) The charge was dismissed after Smith and his victim agreed to an out-of-court settlement.

Neither Shepard Smith nor Fox News Channel responded to emails, a voicemail, and a faxed letter requesting comment. The owner of Bathtub Gin did not respond to requests for comment, either.

by Anonymousreply 10812/19/2014

He doesn't respect women, does he?

by Anonymousreply 110/22/2013

Bitch was lucky she wasn't standing in his parking spot.

by Anonymousreply 210/22/2013

A classic

by Anonymousreply 410/22/2013

Let's see ... he grabs this woman, acting in a threatening manner ... and works at Fox News! Could there be a connection here?

by Anonymousreply 510/22/2013

Less douchey than his Faux Noise colleagues but still a douche.

I presume he's closeted, it makes for a very unhappy life.

by Anonymousreply 610/22/2013

Alkie behavior

by Anonymousreply 710/22/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 810/22/2013

Didn't he threaten a woman a few years ago over a parking space?

by Anonymousreply 910/22/2013

Is he a pocket gay as well?

by Anonymousreply 1010/22/2013

A friend of mine served him and said he was friendly and nice. Tipped well. He was with his friends. My friend is straight so clearly has no gaydar and can't tell if shepard is gay or not.

by Anonymousreply 1110/23/2013

Why is this coming out now when it happened in the spring?

Has the girl decided to sue?

by Anonymousreply 1210/23/2013

Thanks, OP. At least my name is spelled correctly in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 1310/23/2013

any particular reason why we are talking about a fox news personality here. btw, no evidence at all he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 1410/23/2013

He's hideous on the air, and obviously a pissy, smug jerk. And he works for Fox.

I'm not suprised by this pattern of behavior. He's a bully but only goes after women, the wimp.

by Anonymousreply 1510/23/2013

wow, did gawker out him? yes, he works for the devil but still...

by Anonymousreply 1610/23/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1710/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 1810/23/2013

I think Smith was just ready to leave and was demanding: "Get my fucking mink!"

by Anonymousreply 1910/23/2013

r19 = w and w

by Anonymousreply 2010/23/2013

The story reads bullshit. "Downing cocktails" later becomes "a second round". A lot of physical words used for no reason.

Look, if you're waiting more than 30 minutes between drinks in NYC in a place you frequent regularly and your dumb-ass server passes you by, letting them know you're unhappy is in-bounds. And in NYC, letting them know with some emphasis and color is not unusual, either.

She left her job a few months later. Sounds like she was pushed for sucking at her job.

by Anonymousreply 2110/23/2013

A purse AND a bottle of gin fall out of his mouth most of the time!

by Anonymousreply 2210/23/2013

My, my, my....... what a prissy little queen she is.

by Anonymousreply 2310/23/2013

[quote]I presume he's closeted

Wow. You're really going out on a limb there.

by Anonymousreply 2410/23/2013

How much is Fox paying these days, R21?

by Anonymousreply 2510/23/2013

He says he always thought he'd have a wife but then he became an anchorman and that took that dream a way. Soon as I heard him say that years ago I knew he was gay.

How'd Dan and Tom and Peter and Brian and everyone else manage a wife and a career?

by Anonymousreply 2610/23/2013

I'll believe it when I see the video.

by Anonymousreply 2710/23/2013

One night last March??? I call BULLSHIT.

by Anonymousreply 2810/23/2013

Now that is how you get a hand "accidentally" dipped into your drink before its served.

by Anonymousreply 2910/23/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 3010/23/2013

I know I'm boring, old and from flyover country.

But really - bars with menus? Bars that even have cucumbers on hand, let alone muddle them?

No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 3110/23/2013

r30 I think the point is that he wouldn't have done this to man.

by Anonymousreply 3210/23/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 3310/23/2013

I wish we had a Fox insider to spill tea about him. I wonder how he's regarded around the office. What a Fox anomaly.

by Anonymousreply 3410/23/2013

[quote]I wish we had a Fox insider to spill tea about him.

"Spill tea." G-d, I love that phrase.

by Anonymousreply 3510/23/2013

Idiot @ R33. He practically ran over another woman with his car. He has a pattern of abusing women, not men.

by Anonymousreply 3610/23/2013

All the attitude from a man who reads teleprompter.

by Anonymousreply 3710/23/2013

I always thought he was a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3810/23/2013

The waitress should have thrown the drink at him.

by Anonymousreply 3910/23/2013

I always thought he was a lush.

by Anonymousreply 4010/23/2013

[quote]But really - bars with menus?

Have you never even heard of a cocktail? Let alone wine and beer menus?

Some of us like more options than Miller, Bud, shots and "well drinks".

You sound a bit backwards.

by Anonymousreply 4110/23/2013

Obviously, he doesn't like women.

by Anonymousreply 4210/23/2013

He was probably right, bitch should've danced his drink over. Did she have him on the pay no mind list or what.

by Anonymousreply 4310/23/2013

I should like to know the American definition of a "muddled cucumber".

by Anonymousreply 4510/23/2013

Funny, most gay bars have nicer clientele.

by Anonymousreply 4610/23/2013

You know how bitchy fags can be.

by Anonymousreply 4810/23/2013

R31 doesn't need some fancypants bar menu to order his Jack and Coke! And the only bar that a cucumber belongs in is one of them new-fangled salad bars, but R31 isn't too keen on them, either. He saw alfalfa sprouts and something called "ballsomick vinegar-ette" at one once and decided they were strictly for city-slicker queers.

by Anonymousreply 4910/23/2013

He has serious lush face.

by Anonymousreply 5010/23/2013

A person of Smith's visibility and means could be quite powerful. It's a shame he's low-class and universally despised within the industry. He'll never work anywhere but Fox and he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 5210/23/2013

Shouldn't that be "mottled" cucumber?

by Anonymousreply 5310/23/2013

How dare he orders drinks not on the menu!

by Anonymousreply 5410/23/2013

[quote][R31] Thanks for confirming for me how provincial, parochial, unsophisticated, and downright sad most flyover states as well as their occupants truly are.

Doesn't it make you feel fulfilling to be that nasty and extraordinarily rude?

by Anonymousreply 5510/23/2013

Also, he wears eye shadow on air and everyone makes fun of him. He's a joke, even at Fox.

by Anonymousreply 5610/23/2013

Yet wasn't he just re-signed and didn't they re-name the program after him, i.e., "Shepard Smith Reporting."

I'm sure that came with a nice raise.

by Anonymousreply 5710/23/2013

[quote]Thanks for confirming for me how provincial, parochial, unsophisticated, and downright sad most flyover states as well as their occupants truly are.

Bigots love to have their prejudices confirmed.

Using your standards I could point to the two million functionally illiterate people who reside in NYC to show how ignorant city dwellers are.

by Anonymousreply 5810/23/2013

[quote]But really - bars with menus?

Is this bitch serious?

by Anonymousreply 5910/23/2013

True, R57. But he lost his 7 p.m. slot and was moved to a 3:00 "breaking news" slot, which doesn't have half the eyeballs on it. Seems like a quiet demotion, but I guess time will tell.

CNN has always ruled real "breaking news" anyhow. When there's an international crisis, regular Fox viewers head straight to CNN.

by Anonymousreply 6010/23/2013

R35 And I guarantee you that each and every one of the people that you are referring to are Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 6110/23/2013

Scoffing at cocktail menus is ridiculously provincial and small-minded. Why do some idiots revel in their ignorance, and why are others so defensive about it? Perhaps if you didn't couch your parochialism and lack of sophistication in such judgment and disdain you wouldn't be mocked so mercilessly.

It's a fucking drink menu in a bar. To act like only dandified fops who hold their drinks with their pinkies out would go to such a place shows how sheltered and inexperienced you are outside of Hicksville, Nowhere. You're laughable.

[quote]you secretly crave a no-bullshit, man's man like that who won't tolerate a cucumber in a bar unless he's reaming you with it.

A no-bullshit, man's man? Could you please be more cartoonish in your references? "Man's man" is another word for closet case, or misogynist, or backwards weirdo, but most likely all three. A real no-bullshit man would be utterly unfazed by a cocktail menu since they exist in most cities with more than 30,000 residents. Some country bumpkin who's never left his hometown, let alone his comfort zone, is most definitely not a "no bullshit man". He's an ignorant, small-minded rube.

by Anonymousreply 6210/23/2013

Shep's here in Boston for the World Series and he just announced on FOX News that he's rooting for the Cardinals.

by Anonymousreply 6310/23/2013

Like Andy Cohen.

Is it ia gay thing?

by Anonymousreply 6410/23/2013

Gee, a FOX News guy is a closeted homosexual who hates the working class? What a shock!

by Anonymousreply 6510/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 6610/23/2013

He's a dirty little foul-mouthed cocksucker who thinks he's entitled because he's on FOX News. At home he's a nasty little dirty-minded cocksucker who talks dirty to his grunt boyfriend while he gets his old loose ass packed by his paid whore boy. "Oh God, fuck me. OH, OH, OH! Your dick is big!" Panting and shrieking like a woman -- because he WANTS TO BE a woman and hates his mother because he listened to her getting fucked all night and that made the little creepy sexually frustrated and me.

So there.

by Anonymousreply 6710/23/2013

R44 Is that you Michelle??

by Anonymousreply 6810/23/2013

What's absolutely stunning is that every site is reporting Shepard Smith is gay. That's it.

So, we drop the alcoholism - nobody needs to know that.

We drop the fact he's a raging asshole - nobody needs to know that.

We focus on what a fine looking boyfriend.

Dlisted says he's a hottie. Towleroad says he's a hottie.

Yay, another gay newsman.

Give me Jerry Pennacoli any day.

by Anonymousreply 7010/23/2013

His tantrums are always aimed at women. He probably wishes he was one.

by Anonymousreply 7110/23/2013

His mother made him jump up to suckle - ruined him for life.

by Anonymousreply 7210/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 7310/23/2013

He is actively working/reporting to prevent gays from having equal rights. I don't know how one just drops that, R71, as if it's irrelevant.

It is not irrelevant.

Shepard Smith actively engages in gay sex, and actively opposes gay rights. OUT the motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 7410/24/2013

I meant R70, not 71. Sorry,

by Anonymousreply 7510/24/2013

TINA!!

Bring me the AXE!

by Anonymousreply 7610/24/2013

This. Never. Happened.

by Anonymousreply 7710/24/2013

You truly are an idiot r33.

First of all, I'm not a man hater. I'm a guy. So your implication that I'm a man-hating lesbian is wrong. Secondly, what does the fact the he works with men have anything to do with this situation?

I also love this "man-hater" bullshit that's become more prevalent on the board. Aw poor men, we've been so victimzed.

by Anonymousreply 7810/24/2013

I live in a small Pennsylvania town. The local beer and burger joint has a beer and a wine menu. No cocktail menu, however.

by Anonymousreply 7910/24/2013

Has R31 never been to a chain restaurant? My partner's parents will eat at nothing but so I'm unfortunately familiar with TGIFridays, Chili's, Olive Garden, Applebee's, Long Horn Steakhouse and others. These places dot the landscape all over the country. I drink soda or beer but I'm pretty sure every single one of them has cocktail menus at every table. This is not new, either.

Seriously. Get OUT more. I'm struggling to picture the demographic that has never heard of a cocktail menu. Very old/very poor is the best I can come up with.

by Anonymousreply 8110/24/2013

[quote] [bold]Considering the chances of him working with more men over his lifetime than women are great[/bold], it isn't logical to assume he's never been nasty to a man.

How old are you, R33? I worked in TV news and I can tell you that Shepard Smith has likely worked with roughly the same amount of women as men, especially among production and editorial staff, fellow on-air talent and anyone who would be subordinate to a star anchor. TV news has been practically dominated by women in the last few decades, except at the management and corporate levels. Many TV news producers, writers, reporters and creative/technical types are women. Colleges are pumping out female journalism and communications majors at record rates. It's a heavily female field, even at FOX news.

I'm with R78. You are an idiot. And don't start--I'm a guy.

by Anonymousreply 8210/24/2013

R80 = insane.

by Anonymousreply 8310/24/2013

No comments on R69?

by Anonymousreply 8410/25/2013

Pic of Shep's bf at link . . .

by Anonymousreply 8510/25/2013

Shouldn't R85's link headline read:

"Giovanni Graziano, Fox Anchleholder Shepard Smith’s ‘Boyfriend’: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know"

by Anonymousreply 8610/25/2013

Shep's bf resembles Scott Caan.

by Anonymousreply 8710/25/2013

is his bf out?

by Anonymousreply 8810/25/2013

r84, do you not feel it was well deserved? The guy is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 8910/25/2013

"is his bf out?"

He is now.

by Anonymousreply 9010/26/2013

We keep hearing stories like this, but who knows if they really happened? I can see a movie star behaving badly, because scandal doesn't appear to slow them down at all. Or sports figures, etc. But an anchorman on any news show, no matter what network it is, would have a reputation to protect. There was a story comparable to this about Thomas Roberts (speaking of gay newsmen) supposedly acting up at a wedding or something like that. I didn't believe that one, either. Why do so many people automatically believe anything they hear? If you want to believe the worst of someone, why not believe the worst of the waitress? Or whoever? Not every tale you hear is a true one.

by Anonymousreply 9110/26/2013

R91, your whole post can be summed up with "I don't believe TV news personalities ever get drunk or act less than perfectly nice", which is laughably absurd. I should know, I work in TV news. Trust me, many many of them are nasty drunks.

[quote]If you want to believe the worst of someone, why not believe the worst of the waitress?

The waitress is not accused of anything, except by the nut jobs on this thread.

[quote]Not every tale you hear is a true one.

Oh, but it's ok to completely fabric the waitress's bad character when she hasn't been accused of anything? You're insane.

by Anonymousreply 9210/26/2013

Sometimes it's necessary for a waitress to be reminded of her place. He was doing her a favor, really.

by Anonymousreply 9310/26/2013

His rentboy is really HOT!

by Anonymousreply 9411/01/2013

gross he looks like an asshole. i dont know much about him i have seen and heard about him while flipping through the channels......cant stand entitled, angry douchebags.

by Anonymousreply 9511/01/2013

What it's like to be a closeted republican in relationship with a closeted republican?

by Anonymousreply 9611/01/2013

An alcoholic hell, R96.

by Anonymousreply 9711/01/2013

How embarassing.

by Anonymousreply 9811/01/2013

Any more incidents?

by Anonymousreply 9911/06/2013

r96 ask Aaron Schrock.

by Anonymousreply 10011/06/2013

Oh, man. Those side by side photos at r85 do Shep no favors. They really emphasize what a bloated, old hag he's become when compared to his toy.

by Anonymousreply 10111/06/2013

Slate is claiming that gawker is "stalking" Smith's bf.

by Anonymousreply 10211/06/2013

I would stalk him too and then rape with my BIG DICK!

by Anonymousreply 10311/07/2013

Someone has been channeling Diana Ross

by Anonymousreply 10412/18/2014

R19 STILL makes me chuckle over a year later.

by Anonymousreply 10512/18/2014

[quote]Shepard Smith, the new director of Fox News’ breaking news operation

What a job title!

As punishment, they should have demoted him to Rick Santorum Bureau Chief.

by Anonymousreply 10612/18/2014

Sometimes those are the only four words that will bring much-needed relief.

by Anonymousreply 10712/18/2014

I love DL threads about closeted queers who are connected in any way to something we hate.

by Anonymousreply 10812/19/2014
Need more help? Click Here.