Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

New documentary on the history of the Comic Book! Superheroes: A Never-Ending Battle On-line for free now!

For all you gay comic book geeks out there.

Host Liev Schreiber explores the creation of the comic book genre and the evolution of the characters who have sprung to life over the past 75 years. From the first comic books born during the Great Depression to Superman's television debut in the 1950s, this three-hour series highlights how superheroes have grabbed the hearts and minds of children and adults all over the world.

Watch the full program - for a limited time only!

Plus in part one they explore the homoerotic aspect of Wonder Woman bondage fetish and the relationship between Batman and Robin!

by Anonymousreply 1411/02/2013

I'm nearly through the second hour and their hasn't been much new information or insight. Still, it hasn't really been organized in this way and it is interesting.

by Anonymousreply 110/22/2013

Watched it on PBS last week. Nice to see Lynda Carter looking so good.

by Anonymousreply 210/22/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 310/22/2013

A lot of classic comic book artists were interviewed, some of who are no longer with us.

by Anonymousreply 410/22/2013

I watched it on the DVR this weekend.

I agree with R1 that there's really not much new information there for those who already know basic comic book history. But it's pretty well done overall, and they did interview a lot of pretty big names in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 510/22/2013

I want to have hot sex with Phil Jiminez.

by Anonymousreply 610/22/2013

So, I know very little about comic books, nothing about super heros, apparently I could start with this.

What turned me off at first and for always...I hate big muscles. They look yucky.

by Anonymousreply 710/22/2013

There was little about women in comics, other than Wonder Woman.

by Anonymousreply 810/23/2013

R6, just in case you didn't know, Phil Jimenez is gay.

Nance from Delray, what about women in comics do you think was missing? They at least had Ramona Fradon (Aquaman) front and center. And was Trina Robbins there? (No Andy Mangels, thank god, in the first hour at least.)

by Anonymousreply 910/23/2013

[quote]They look yucky.

Let me guess: Your peas can't touch the mashed potatoes or you won't eat it.

by Anonymousreply 1010/23/2013

I can't believe PBS was running this. As if we don't get enough Superheroes on every other channel. Just incredibly uninteresting.

by Anonymousreply 1110/23/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1210/23/2013

[quote]I hate big muscles. They look yucky.

Are you 8 years old?

by Anonymousreply 1310/23/2013

Trina Robbins was in ep 2

by Anonymousreply 1411/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!