Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New age flake Marianne Williamson is running for Congress

Marianne Williamson, the best-selling author whose “A Return to Love” spent 39 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list in 1992, announced Sunday that she is running as an independent for the US House of Representatives in California’s 33rd District, a seat currently held by 74-year old Democrat Henry Waxman, one of the most powerful members of Congress.

Williamson, who made her candidacy official Sunday afternoon at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills, has written extensively about the moral and spiritual underpinnings of US politics in many of her books, including “Healing the Soul of America,” a 2000 best-seller that focuses on transforming spiritual activism into social activism.

The theme of Williamson’s campaign is “Create Anew.”

Williamson writes on her campaign website that Waxman has been a good representative for 38 years and that she does not consider him an opponent. Rather, she sees them both as simply different candidates for the same position. In seeking to encourage “a new consciousness regarding our political discourse,” Williamson hopes to stem the trend toward corporatism that has been so prevalent in recent decades. American government has lost its ethical center and its deep commitment to democracy, drifting ever more consistently in a corporatist direction,” Williamson writes. “And no one specific legislative initiative can fix that. I believe that a wave of independent candidates, all committed to a huge course-correction, is necessary to turn our ship around. I feel my campaign, and most importantly my win, can help inspire such a movement.”

In addition to her career as a writer, Williamson works in several other capacities. She is the emeritus chair for The Peace Alliance, an organization dedicated to promoting a culture of peace; facilitator of Sister Giant seminars, designed to promote “a higher level of contribution among those of us who want to increase our efficacy as activist and/or candidate, in order to uplift the tenor of American politics and in so doing help heal the world”; and a teacher of A Course in Miracles, a course of study that assists people in relinquishing a thought system based on fear and embracing one based on love.

Williamson is contesting a seat held by one of the most longstanding members of Congress. Waxman is the ranking member of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce and served as committee chairman in 2009-10. In 2012, Waxman won a closer-than-usual re-election to his 20th term in the House, 53 to 47 percent, over Bill Bloomfield, an independent and co-founder of the “No Labels” movement. Bloomfield, a successful businessman, spent nearly $6 million of his own money in unsuccessfully challenging Waxman, Bloomberg.com reported in late 2012.

It remains to be seen if Williamson’s name recognition will help her fundraising efforts and just how much money it will take to pose a serious challenge to Waxman, but given her track record of success in other endeavors, the campaign in California’s 33rd District could be one of the more interesting House races in 2014.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 25, 2016 8:26 PM

Oh, can you just see the wranglings, graplings and the never-to-be negotiations?

The "new age search for your inner truth" and the "go to hell Tea Party" ought to be the makings of some kind of frustrating sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2013 2:59 AM

Dumb cunt. I don't care about all her new-agey bullshit but she could at least have had the decency and the presence of mind to run against a rep who isn't as solid as Waxman.

Him, we need - there are plenty we don't need. Pick one.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2013 3:04 AM

So with all of that gobbledy gook OP listed, what has Williamson actually accomplished that qualifies her as more than another "inspirational" speaker?

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2013 3:09 AM

Now we have the Left equiv of a Teabagger. That is something that defies the imagination.

Seems she is as big a corporatist as any of the guys, but she really lost me with the similar shat about manifesting your own health and wealth with a stern dose of denying reality.

Now Oprah, she gets IT and my VOTE.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2013 4:19 AM

Look back at some of her statements. She is no friend to either gays or people with HIV.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2013 4:30 AM

I wonder if Oprah will back her.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2013 4:48 AM

I actually bought her New Age Jews-for-Jesus book due to Oprah's recommenation.

Well, I was 16, I should have known better, but I didn't know better.

Silly, BS.

At least it wasn't Dianetics. There's no cult to follow.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2013 5:04 AM

She murdered people in the 80s and 90s, by turning them to her bullshit Christian-Science-like quackery instead of proper medical attention.

She would fit right in with Congress.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2013 7:25 AM

r8, if that's true then maybe she serves a bigger purpose for the American public. She will encourage people to seek spiritual self-healing and make the waiting rooms less crowded for people who utilize the Affordable Health Act.

But yes, she was quite the successful carny act in West Hollywood in the late 1980s, along with Louise Hay. But at the time, maybe false hope was better than no hope at all.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2013 8:26 AM

Her pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2013 8:37 AM

She never said that HIV+ men should not seek medical attention. Her schtick is that the experiential life is just an illusion, including illness. She goes on to say that while still trapped in the illusion one should seek medical help when ill, by all means. Escape from the illusion is achieved only through enlightenment. Her teachings are basically Bhuddism with Judeo-Christian terminology.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2013 9:15 AM

you guys could really use a spiritual healing. MW did more for gays during the aids epidemic. Then you'll ever do.

go Marianne Williamson go!!

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2013 9:19 AM

She was the driving force behind God's Love We Deliver and has raised millions for AIDS research and support services.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2013 9:27 AM

I'm waiting for J.Z. Knight/Ramtha to throw her/his/their hat(s) in the ring. Will Williamson get more votes with Orca's backing than Ramtha with Linda Evans stumping for him/her?

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2013 9:38 AM

TOTAL phony

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2013 9:44 AM

Henry Waxman is....unfortunate looking...

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2013 9:59 AM

There's a whole load of sitting Repugs she could go after - if she is serious.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2013 10:33 AM

I worked for her, she is a mean and horrible woman.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2013 10:35 AM

Is that true, R18? Tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2013 10:55 AM

I DID work for her, and she could not have been kinder. A wonderful woman and total friend of gays.. #18 is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2013 11:29 AM

We have Marianne fucking Williamson stans now?

The things you see when you don't have a grenade handy.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2013 11:49 AM

Her she is, talking about running with RuPaul

If she is a sincere liberal, wouldn't she be ok? She says stuff against Monsanto on her twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2013 1:59 PM

RuPaul Picks Up Marianne Williamson For Latest 'RuPaul Drives'

see link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2013 2:08 PM

What has she said about gays and HIV? I googled but all I found was some boilerplate goobledygook against homophobia and a Facebook status where she praised Joel Osteen and a few people spoke out in the comments (she never responded).

I don't trust new age types. A lot of them are as Randian as the tea party. The guy who runs Lululemon is a crunchy yoga nut but he's quite right-wing and they print Ayn Rand quotes on their shopping bags.

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2013 2:14 PM

Uh, haters don't know what they're talking about. MW is a progressive activist...she was involved with the Occupy Wall Street movement (in LA).

If you want things to change in politics, then we need more ADULTS like MW.

I suggest reading "Healing the Soul of America." It's right up there with Zinn's "People's History of the United States."

r7, if you read "Return to Love," then you know that MW's dad, an immigration attorney, took her to Vietnam when she was a child. Why? Because he wanted her to see war first hand.

She is not a New age flake. Diss her at your own peril, because she is precisely what we need in government.

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2013 2:15 PM

I manage a restaurant she frequents. She often comes in with gay friends and the servers like waiting on her because she's low-maintenance, funny and a big tipper.

by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2013 4:03 PM

Ok, here's a YT of MW speaking for Occupy Wall Street...it's 15 mins.

Take a look & find out for yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2013 6:07 PM

sounds good to me, R27

by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2013 7:09 PM

who's her gfriend?

by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2013 7:13 PM

I'm a little fed up of reading that people are homophobes on DL, when they're not and she's very pro-gay indeed. So it's really bugging me this time.

I even read on DL that Sean Penn was a homophobe before he made Milk.

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2013 7:21 PM

Just because someone has great ideas and is a fab speaker doesn't meant that they have the ability to impact government. What has she actually accomplished?

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2013 7:29 PM

she's incredibly bright and very plugged in to what's going on. she is actually a Jew and her grandfather was a rabbi. I've seen her speak dozens of times in LA and there really is something very special about her and her message absolutely could help Congress. She is not a crazy new age flake by any means and while I don't think she'll win about the very powerful Waxman, I think there are lots of people in Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and the wealthier parts of LA that will be very happy to donate to her campaign and help her.

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2013 7:55 PM

[quote]I suggest reading "Healing the Soul of America." It's right up there with Zinn's "People's History of the United States."

Well that proves what a total fucking moron you are, thanks for making it easy.

If Williamson had chosen another district, one where we don't already have a decent and very powerful congressional rep, I'd ignore her, just as I always have. Unfortunately, I don't have that option. She's going after Waxman which means she's a dumb cunt who doesn't understand political realities or if she does understand them - she's too arrogant and selfish to care.

She needs to lose. I hope Waxman's oppo research will take her down.

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2013 8:06 PM

Chill, 33. Most first time contenders lose. This will position her for the next race, when the elderly Waxman retires.

Your vitriol is creepy...

by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2013 8:25 PM

[quote]She has published ten books, including four New York Times #1 bestsellers. She is also the founder of Project Angel Food, a meals-on-wheels program that serves homebound people with AIDS in the Los Angeles area, and co-founder of The Peace Alliance, a grass roots campaign supporting legislation to establish a United States Department of Peace. She serves on the Board of Directors of the RESULTS organization, which works to end poverty in the United States and around the world. Williamson is the force behind "Sister Giant" a series of seminars and teaching sessions that seeks to provide women with the information and tools needed to run for office. Through the series of Sister Giant seminars[2] she supports women running for political office and aligning their politics with their spiritual values.

31, she certainly lacks the prestigious degrees of Congressman Ted Cruz.

Throughout her career, she has advised, as well as shared the stage with, world leaders. She's been actively involved with American government for decades. Have you ever lobbied congress on behalf of children's health? She has.

by Anonymousreply 35October 22, 2013 8:35 PM

from her campaign website

WHAT MAKES YOU QUALIFIED?

No American citizen is inherently “unqualified” for political office, as long as they match the qualifications set forth in our Constitution. The fact that we have developed a “political class” with its own ideas about what makes someone “qualified” to enter its ranks — usually meaning a background in business or law or finance – is part of America’s problem today. When it comes to the full and vital participation of the average American in our political system, an elite political machine has created a “lockout.” Unless you have or have access to a lot of money, a story that makes you easy to portray as a “heroic American,” or a profile which the elite would define as “serious” (this usually precludes such truly serious work as teachers, scientists, artists, activists and so forth), then for all practical purposes you’re left in the “spectator” box. This is exactly what needs to change if we’re going to reclaim our democracy.

by Anonymousreply 36October 22, 2013 8:39 PM

For some mysterious reason, people have mistaken Nelson Mandela to have penned the below. Marianne Williamson authored it...and it was also in the Akeelah and Spelling Bee and Coach Carter movies.

[bold]Our Greatest Fear[/bold]

[italic]it is our light not our darkness that most frightens us

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear, Our presence automatically liberates others.[/italic]

—Marianne Williamson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 22, 2013 8:42 PM

The Course in Miracles is based on a woman who claims to have channeled Jesus. So, Williamson's 'teachings' are based on that nonsense.

Look, she got filthy rich with this baloney, telling Aids sufferers that they chose to get sick in order to "learn a lesson." Oprah also pushed that bullshit sentiment of blaming the victims.

Louise Hay, Williamson's cohort, is a known fraud and usurper of common sense. I HATE these people. It's all about blaming the victim, who needs to "learn a fucking lesson."

How about this, assholes: shit happens, there are sociopaths out there, and you need to protect yourself. And how about you are NOT to blame if someone rapes you, kills you, or steals from you. Does that make any sense, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 38October 22, 2013 8:51 PM

R37 shows that Williamson is pushing the punishing "God" of the old testament, who loves to "teach us a lesson."

Fuck that. She is masking bronze-age Bedouin shaming techniques under the cloak of New Age dribble-drabble.

No wonder so many gay men went crazy after hearing her.

by Anonymousreply 39October 22, 2013 8:55 PM

Please, flaky Cali-queens, stop promoting this charlatan as something legitimate.

by Anonymousreply 40October 22, 2013 9:14 PM

f

by Anonymousreply 41October 22, 2013 10:49 PM

The New Age spiritualist Marianne Williamson is thinking of running for Congress from Los Angeles as an independent.

There will be jokes about this. She’s been a glamevangelist, with a stable of celebrities swooning over her books and lectures. She’d be running against the estimable Henry Waxman, one of the more substantive and productive members of Congress–but also a fairly strict left-liberal ideologue who shows few signs of flexibility on issues where reform may be necessary, like Medicare.

But I wonder: Could Williamson be the harbinger of a wave of Independent candidacies in 2014? Are people so sick of the two existing parties that they’re ready to go shopping for something new? “We’re seeing this all over our polling,” says Peter Hart, who does surveys for NBC and the Wall Street Journal. “People are sick of the status quo: 60% believe that the entire Congress should be replaced. They’re looking for alternatives.”

I’ve been skeptical about 3rd parties in the past. The best of them–the Populists, Ross Perot (at least when it came to budgetary matters)–tend to have their hot ideas co-opted by the Democrats or Republicans. That may still be true…although we’ve seen everything else in society fragmented, niched and marketized.

It may be that we won’t see a Third Party, but a rash of Independents breaking out across the country in 2014. Depending on which way the Republicans go, I can see Libertarians running their own candidates in the next two cycles–and especially for President in 2016. I can also see, in certain circumstances, moderates breaking away from the GOP (and maybe from the currently smug, listless Democrats) in the near future. If this happens, I suspect it will happen from the bottom up. Some will be wealthy, vanity candidacies like Williamson. Others may come from the Millennial generation–especially the recent military veterans among them–who find that there’s a lot not to like about the existing parties…or from the tech world. Who knows?

I may be wrong about this; I’m always uncomfortable about making predictions. We’ve been doing this two-candidate thing for a long time, but we’ve reached a point of paralysis–a very un-American state of being–and something is going to come along and shock the system back to life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 22, 2013 11:08 PM

Henry Waxman is "unfortunate looking"?! "She did more for gays then (sic)"

There are some dumb guys on here.

Waxman is sterling. MW is pure dross.

Sincerely hope nothing at all comes of her. An evil opportunist. Enough of them in Congress right now.

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2013 12:15 AM

Spiritual Guru Marianne Williamson Eyes Henry Waxman’s US House Seat

New Age guru and former West Hollywood resident Marianne Williamson is running for the US House of Representatives in California’s 33rd District as an independent candidate. Since 1975, Democrat Henry Waxman has held the seat, which represents Beverly Hills, West LA, Brentwood and many beachside communities, including Santa Monica.

Waxman was West Hollywood’s representative in Congress until 2012 when redistricting shifted the city into the 28th district. Rep. Adam Schiff now represents West Hollywood.

Williamson is the founder of the meals-on-wheels non-profit Project Angel Food, which delivers food to people with HIV/AIDS, and a best-selling author whose spiritual book “A Return to Love” spent 39 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list in 1992. She made her campaign announcement Sunday before a group gathered at the Saban Theater in Beverly Hills.

Williamson holds spiritual talks every Monday at 7:30 p.m. at the Arc Theater (formerly the Regent Showcase) at 614 La Brea Ave. just south of Melrose. Those talks are based on her study of “A Course in Miracles,” a book about “transformative thinking” based on spiritual principles.

The 61-year-old Williamson has long advocated for women’s empowerment, peace, nuclear disarmament and environmental issues. She frequently incorporates her political views into her spiritual talks.

“I do not think of this move as a career change,” Williamson said on her website. “Rather, I feel I’m further expanding my work by taking the transformational principles to which I have dedicated myself for the last 30 years into another area where they are sorely needed.”

Williamson says she does not consider the 74-year-old Waxman, who is the ranking member of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, an opponent. Instead, she says, “We’re simply candidates for the same position.”

“Mr. Waxman has been a good congressman for 38 years, and I believe he deserves appreciation and respect,” she states on the website. “But a new conversation is required now, and the political status quo – even the best of it – cannot provide that. Waxman knows many things because he’s been in congress for 38 years, but I know many things because I have not been. Institutional memory is important in any organization, but so are fresh ideas.”

A Houston native, Williamson is the emeritus chair for The Peace Alliance, an organization dedicated to promoting a culture of peace and the facilitator of Sister Giant women’s empowerment seminars. In 1990, she founded Project Angel Food to bring meals to people with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.

Williamson began doing weekly spiritual talks in Los Angeles in 1984 during the early days of the AIDS crisis, a time when there were no drugs available and many people said AIDS was God’s condemnation of homosexuality. She quickly developed a large gay following because she talked of miracles and of a loving, forgiving God.

In a 2011 interview with Frontiers Magazine, Williamson credited her initial success to gay men, saying “Gay men gave me my career.”

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2013 12:14 PM

Marianne Williamson is a very smart and talented woman who has only one real goal in mind: the promotion, success, and financial gains of the very smart and talented Marianne Williamson. She is not a flake. She managed to make a shit load of money simply by extraordinary, non-stop self-promotion.

With luck, she'll lose interest and this race, and go back to being a constant self-promoter in another arena.

by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2013 12:23 PM

Well r2 you fucking asshole, I can't imagine that Ms. Williamson believes she can defeat a candidate as strong a Waxman but in running against him it gives her a very visible platform to get her ideas across to the public as long as the campaign lasts. One of her platforms seems to be to encourage viable Independent candidates to run.

by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2013 12:33 PM

Why are the Waxman supporters so insecure?

Why are they threatened by this woman?

This isn't personal. So why are they personally attacking her?

If you don't like her, let us know why. If your reasoning is insane, childish, and hateful, then you credibility is reduced...as well as your ability to persuade.

If Waxman is so great, then tell us why. Why should he be automatically re-elected? I'm not saying he shouldn't be. But defend his strengths. Attacking his opponent is just pathetic. We're all adults here.

by Anonymousreply 47October 23, 2013 12:38 PM

Isn't she almost a mini-cult?

With EST-origins?

by Anonymousreply 48October 23, 2013 12:40 PM

If she is sincere, she could be good. I don't know if she is or not.

What she says is correct in that progressives and liberals should influence the moral debate, the "spiritual debate" - instead of abandoning it and letting the Fundies-rightwing control it, which in turn pollutes society and politics - and results in a cruel, unequal, corrupt and warmongering country.

by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2013 6:30 PM

R47, since we are all adults here, perhaps we thought that those advocating the candidacy and election of Ms. Williamson and the ouster of Mr. Waxman had already familiarized themselves with Mr. Waxman and had made their choice accordingly.

Evidently that is not the case. Please educate yourself about the decades of solid liberal representation that Mr. Waxman has given his district and the liberals of this country. Note the position of seniority and power that this staunch liberal representative has achieved. In real politics, in the real world, that kind of power in the right hands, like Mr. Waxman's, is invaluable to those who truly care about a liberal agenda in government.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 50October 23, 2013 6:53 PM

R50, Williamson's followers are not critical thinkers. Nor are they rooted in reality.

Don't waste your breathe.

by Anonymousreply 51October 23, 2013 6:58 PM

Marianne Williamson is the left's Liz Cheney!

Both delusional if they think their quixotic campaigns will do anything but hamper the causes they themselves believe in!

I goofed on her on a friend's FB page and was ATTACKED by the most humorless weirdos who claimed that I sounded "full of judgment", and that being me "must be exhausting"!

I laughed until I realized that they were in their 40s, not their 20s. Scary.

Name one bill on which Marianne Williamson would have voted differently than Henry Waxman!

by Anonymousreply 52October 23, 2013 7:01 PM

Great, 50. I for one applaud Mr. Waxman.

He should have no problem getting re elected.

But you remind me of the Hillary supporters who said Barack shouldn't "run out of turn."

by Anonymousreply 53October 23, 2013 7:44 PM

[quote]Don't waste your breathe.

Yeah, you're so much smarter than her supporters.

by Anonymousreply 54October 23, 2013 7:45 PM

[quote]But you remind me of the Hillary supporters who said Barack shouldn't "run out of turn."

That's funny, R53, I actually am (and was) a big supporter of Hillary Clinton.

However, anyone who saw him at the convention in 2004 knew right then and there that Barack Obama would be the one. I didn't think he was running 'out of turn' in 2008. I thought he was running to raise his national profile for his "real" run later on and that it was absolutely the right move to make.

Shows you what I know. As I learned then, and have learned several times since then, it's a mistake to underestimate the will and skill of Barack Obama. He knows exactly what he's doing and is always ten steps ahead of me (and everyone else except maybe Valerie and the Davids).

I'll support Hillary again - with enthusiasm - but I'll be sorry to see the end of the Obama presidency. He's a class act and it's a pleasure having him as the President of the United States.

Anyway, I digress, back to Waxman v. Williamson. He's a genuine liberal in a powerful position in the House. I don't know why anyone claiming to support a progressive political agenda would try to take him out. It's weird and dumb and she's no Barack Obama.

by Anonymousreply 55October 23, 2013 8:54 PM

She's not running for congress as a personal attack on him, 55.

by Anonymousreply 56October 23, 2013 9:50 PM

at least she's not MOVING to be able to run against a weaker, less formidable candidate. she is very talented and very smart and just needs to raise about $6-million to have a real campaign. Waxman has done a great job, but also, after 30 years, it's time for someone knew.

by Anonymousreply 57October 23, 2013 11:18 PM

Knew what?

by Anonymousreply 58October 23, 2013 11:42 PM

She's a ridiculous twat; Waxman is one of the good guys.

by Anonymousreply 59October 24, 2013 12:19 AM

[quote]“Create Anew.”

What pretentious nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 60October 24, 2013 12:59 AM

I believe R18

I had a coworker, years ago, whose previous job was personal assistant to MW.

She basically said the same thing as R18... a mean, horrible woman.

I can see how a person's public persona as peace, love, and harmony can be a phony front to sell books while in private she's a hysterical cray-cray bitch.

by Anonymousreply 61October 24, 2013 1:04 AM

She may be mean and horrible but what she says about politics is right on point. I hope she continues to fight the good fight and spread light when she is not busy being a raging bitch.

by Anonymousreply 62October 24, 2013 1:57 AM

I'd wager good money she fights clean.

by Anonymousreply 63October 24, 2013 2:04 AM

I heard she worships Satan over at Angelica Houston's house the first and third Tuesday of every month.

by Anonymousreply 64October 24, 2013 4:41 AM

namaste to the cunt

by Anonymousreply 65October 24, 2013 4:45 AM

Lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 66October 24, 2013 12:49 PM

Marianne is onto something. She has been re-writing the script, but it needed revision.

I believe in some god so maybe that is a problem.

I don't like faith mixed with politics, but that is the American way, no? She is no more a religious flake than any of your other leaders. She has nothing to gain - she won't get elected. Her message is positive and she aspires to be better.

by Anonymousreply 67October 25, 2013 6:35 AM

Ok, so the primaries were yesterday...wot hoppened?

Did Marianne win? Does this mean she'll take Waxman's empty seat...?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 4, 2014 12:07 PM

[quote]Gang prosecutor Elan Carr, a Republican, narrowly led the pack in the crowded field for an open, strongly Democratic Westside/South Bay seat. State Sen. Ted Lieu of Torrance and former Los Angeles controller Wendy Greuel, both Democrats, were battling for the second spot on November ballot. Spiritual teacher and best-selling author Marianne Williamson, an independent, and radio host Matt Miller, a Democrat, trailed Lieu and Greuel.

In other words, she didn't even make the top three. You have to be in the top two to make it into the actual election in November. (California now has open primaries and the top two, irrespective of party, go to the final election in November.)

by Anonymousreply 69June 4, 2014 3:45 PM

Oprah has spawned so many hacks, including this one

by Anonymousreply 70August 25, 2016 8:18 PM

Your bumping this thread is almost as timely as its subject.

by Anonymousreply 71August 25, 2016 8:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!