Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

GOP say HHS Kathleen Sebelius should be FIRED!

Tea Party, Cons and GOP all are calling for HHS Kathleen Sebelius to be fired.

Do you agree?

Vote below and then comment.

by Anonymousreply 8010/30/2013

I said yes although I don't know how much of this is her fault. However, she might consider resigning. That would silence the howling dogs. This is politics after all.

by Anonymousreply 110/21/2013

Fired? Why? What a dumb thread.

by Anonymousreply 310/21/2013

They want to fire the Secretary of HHS because the website to sign up people for aca is not running 100% smooth...umm weren't they the ones who shut down the whole government because of ACA?

by Anonymousreply 410/21/2013

Honestly, I am no tea-bagger repub but this whole mess of a role out of the website falls under the HHS Sect'y - and the problems are far more than the "glitches" the WH and HHS keep talking about. The entire website is basically broke. No one ever beta tested the site before it went live. Not only can it not handle the traffic, it is not sending correct information to correct insurers, its not even saving all the information entered by those fortunate to have gotten on. The entire website may have to be shutdown and rebuilt. Disaster. If that's the case, someone will have to go and since this falls under HHS, Sebelius is the obvious choice. I voted to fire her. I'm all for transparency in govt - which our President and WH have always been behind too, but in this, they have been anything but transparent and for that, someone needs to go. Sorry Kathleen.

by Anonymousreply 610/21/2013

"You're doing a heckuva job, Brownie!"

by Anonymousreply 810/21/2013

I thought she got fired last week.

by Anonymousreply 910/21/2013

One problem is you have every God damn tea bagger in the country logging on to see what's there, just to fuck it up and fuck with it. You see the fucking talking head on TV signing onto the internet or calling to show it is fucked up.

Of course it is, the people that actually want to sign up can't get through.

by Anonymousreply 1010/21/2013

Yes, but not just for this. She hasn't been up to the job from day one. That Obama chose her, the sitting Democratic governor of a red state, thus saddling her state with a republican asshole, when he surely had other, better, options, has always pissed me off.

by Anonymousreply 1110/21/2013

[quote]That Obama chose her, the sitting Democratic governor of a red state, thus saddling her state with a republican asshole

I did not know that, R11. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 1210/21/2013

R10, they should have anticipated that. If the shoe were on the other foot and a Republican initiative had been bungled this badly I would be critical, so I am going to be critical with this. This is the Democratic Party's biggest accomplishment in decades, it should have been air fucking tight. There is no excuse.

by Anonymousreply 1310/21/2013

It should handle everyone at once logging in to check on it, especially during the early enrollment years. This reminds me of iraq, going in without a hardcore plan mapped out. Both parties suck. Let me repeat that, BOTH parties suck. The only thing they're interested in is playing football and keeping score and it shows in everything they do and don't do and when.

by Anonymousreply 1410/21/2013

[quote]That would silence the howling dogs.

No, no it wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 1510/21/2013

The day I'd agree with the GOP is the day I set myself on fire.

by Anonymousreply 1610/21/2013

They brought in the top tech talent from Silicon Valley, including Eric Schmidt of Google, to fix the website. Everyone needs to calm down.

by Anonymousreply 1810/21/2013

The Obamacare rollout isn't just embarrassing, it's scary.

Sometimes I wonder if Obama only excelled at running for president but doesn't really want to bother with the shit stuff.

by Anonymousreply 1910/21/2013

She has a long and highly accomplished career, and has been impressive until this incident - and she has the nerve of being a white woman from Kansas who works for Obama, no wonder the GOP all want to give her the ax.

That said, I would want to know who signed off beneath her re: the website being ready on Oct 1.

by Anonymousreply 2210/21/2013

Nice tweet, via Daily Kos:

GOP went from "shut down govt to deny access to affordable care" to "we demand immediate glitch-free access to affordable care" pretty fast — @jesseclee44

Still, Sebelius should resign.

by Anonymousreply 2310/21/2013

Watch The Daily Show interview. That should have been the end of her career. Jon Stewart 'Crossfire'ed her. She couldn't answer and made a mockery of the administration. She should have resigned right after that.

by Anonymousreply 2510/21/2013

No, I'm not interested in her resignation at all. As far as I know, she is not an IT person nor is she a website designer.

The more the freepers and libertardians howl for her ouster, the more I support her.

by Anonymousreply 2610/21/2013

I don't think she should be fired. Those calling for her resignation are just making noise.

I thought people were overreacting to the problems with the ACA website - but the more I hear about it the less I think that.

I know part of the problem was the number of states who opted not to set up exchanges was higher than anticipated.

But it seems to me you bring in the experts prior to launch.

by Anonymousreply 2810/21/2013

anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 2910/21/2013

The timing for this is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 3010/21/2013

The website now has to be gutted and started all over again.

by Anonymousreply 3110/21/2013

Her "Daily Show" appearance will go down as one of the worst appearances done by an administration official in history. That was appalling! Obama should deport her stupid ass out of the fucking country.

by Anonymousreply 3210/21/2013

The nation says that the GOP should be FIRED!

by Anonymousreply 3410/21/2013

Just lookit da trolls!

by Anonymousreply 3510/21/2013

she probably didn't realize the web dev company was owned by the Koch brothers...guerrilla warfare.

by Anonymousreply 3710/22/2013

Yes, but not for this website nonsense that the blowhard right-wing talking heads are bloviating about.

by Anonymousreply 4010/22/2013

I think I'm in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 4110/22/2013

EXCLUSIVE! Kathleen Sebelius to break her silence in an AC360 EXCLUSIVE interview tonight at 8PM!

by Anonymousreply 4310/22/2013

And I'm sure Anderson Cooper will be parroting Republican talking points during the interview, just like he always does.

by Anonymousreply 4410/22/2013

[quote]According to your logic it is the IT person or the website designer that is responsible for the running of the website. Not her. Is that what you are saying?

Yes, R27, that is what I am saying, although rather than single individuals I'm sure it's teams of people for IT and design.

Are you saying you believe that a former governor and Cabinet level Secretary of Health and Human Services is involved in the nuts and bolts minutiae and day to day running of a website? If so, you are out of your fucking mind.

by Anonymousreply 4510/22/2013

The more you hear about this - the worse it looks.

Have you listened to any IT folks talking about what an epic fail this is?

Strictly from a management perspective who ever was on site working for the Administration should have known enough to see huge problems were around the corner.

It looks like Sebelius and her staff said here is the project and here is your money. Call us when you're done.

by Anonymousreply 4610/22/2013

No one involved with Katrina, Iraq or the 2008 crash was fired.

Fuck this shit.

by Anonymousreply 4910/22/2013

In an exclusive interview with CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius admitted Tuesday that there is significant concern in her department and the White House over the technical debacle surrounding the Obamacare website's rollout. The site was supposed to make it simple for people to search and sign-up for new health care policies starting on October 1, but instead it's been clunky and, at times, inoperable.

"We're not at all satisfied with the workings of the website," Sebelius said. "We want it to be smooth and easy and let consumers' compare plans."

The secretary attributed some of the problems to "extremely high" volume, claiming nearly 20 million people have come to the Obamacare website in the first three weeks after its launched. Yet only a fraction of those have signed up for new health care policies.

"There are people in this country who have waited for decades for affordable health coverage for themselves and their families," said Sebelius, explaining why the launch wasn't pushed back. "...So waiting is not really an option."

by Anonymousreply 5110/22/2013

The right wing governors in the 27 states that did not accept Obamacare are a huge part of the problem. The people in those states are desperate to sign up and are overwhelming the website but you won't hear this on the news.

by Anonymousreply 5210/22/2013

I got signed up yesterday using It worked just fine. A little slow in places, but nothing out of the ordinary.

You should have tried signing up for insurance before the ACA went into effect, where you had to list every single sickness, prescription and doctor's visit you ever had.

by Anonymousreply 5310/22/2013

Obama brought in the cream of the crop from Silicon Valley to fix it. Eric Schmidt of Google and the head of Verizon's tech department are just two of the experts working on it.

by Anonymousreply 5510/22/2013

I really don't understand all the histrionics over a website that is not even a month old.

Why doesn't the mainstream media just go ahead and call it "ObamaCaremageddon"?

If you can't use the federal website you can call or use the paper application. It's not really that hard to live without the internet version for now.

People are being ridiculous. Big state like NY (3rd) and CA (1st) marketplaces are both states are doing fine now.

It pays to remember that this wouldn't be happening (on the federal level) if more states had designed and implemented their own websites. The federal government didn't plan on creating marketplaces for so many states (I'm looking at you Texas (2nd), Florida (4th) and Pennsylvania (6th)). The real mistake was underestimating the red state governor assholes.

by Anonymousreply 5610/22/2013

[quote]The process for getting health insurance is fucked-up.

Simmer down. The website is only one way to apply for healthcare. It's not even a month old. Calm down, and take a breath.

And please let's remember it's the healthcare being provided that is the actual implementation, not the launching a fucking web-based application.

If middle and low-income people stop using the ER as their first-stop medical care- THEN Affordable Care Act is a success. The website malfunctions are just a media hype-machine distraction and will soon be forgotten.

People can still fill out the paper form and call the phone-line while fixes are being put in place at Relax people. The media (and the Democrats) called Medicare Part D a fiasco too. They were wrong-- the people love it.

Unfortunately, we live in a world where if something is not an instant success than it must be a failure. Instant success is not to be expected of most innovations, public or private.

I blame computers and smartphones.

by Anonymousreply 5810/22/2013

[quote]Liberal pundit fail: Rush to attack Obamacare site only aids unhinged right

As predictably as night follows day, on Monday the media establishment pivoted away from obsessing about GOP extremism and the party’s alleged “civil war” to the “train wreck” that is, allegedly, the Affordable Care Act.

And liberals helped lead the pivot.

Don’t get me wrong: The problems with are real, and disturbing, and must be fixed asap. (Think Progress has a dispassionate assessment here.) But excuse me if I believe the president knows that without my telling him. It’s like watching the 21st century version of the rise of the Democratic Leadership Council, and I feel the way I did back then: On the one hand, yes, it’s important for Democrats to acknowledge when government screws up, and to fix it.

On the other hand, when liberals rush conscientiously to do that, they only encourage the completely unbalanced and unhinged coverage of whatever the problem may be.

It was predictable that the media would go nuts about this today, given that they’ve spent so much time having their noses rubbed in how insane the GOP has become, after trying so hard, for so long, to ignore it. It feels like a law of nature. Nature abhors a vacuum; media nature abhors a false-equivalence vacuum.

by Anonymousreply 5910/22/2013

An Update on the Health Insurance Marketplace

U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services sent this bulletin at 10/21/2013 06:37 PM EDT Dept. of Health & Human Services Hello,

It has been three weeks since the start of the new Health Insurance Marketplace, where Americans, regardless of income or health status, can find quality, affordable health coverage. The launch of the Marketplace website,, has been rocky but we are working tirelessly to make the online process better.

And we are taking other steps to meet the consumer demand for affordable health insurance. There are four basic ways to apply for health coverage through the Marketplace, and I want to tell you about them.

Apply online. Visit to get started.

Apply by phone. Call 1-800-318-2596 to apply for a health insurance plan and enroll over the phone. (TTY: 1-855-889-4325)

Apply in person. Visit a trained counselor in your community to get information and apply in person. Find help in your area at

Apply by mail. Complete a paper application and mail it in. You can download the paper application form and instructions from

Before you choose a plan, you may want to explore your options. You can use this calculator to see if you qualify for lower costs on coverage and preview Marketplace plans here.

More people are applying and getting covered every day, and I often hear how the Marketplace has helped them. It’s one of the best parts of my job. Here are some of their stories:

Last week while on the road in Ohio, I met Keith Deaton, a Cincinnati realtor. Because of a preexisting condition, Keith has struggled to find health insurance that meets his family’s budget. When I spoke with him, he told me how excited he was to be able to shop for a plan that’s a better fit for him and his family. Daniel, a student from Florida, was able to find high quality insurance for $70 dollars a month through Affordable coverage is critical to students like Daniel who have to protect their health on a limited budget. You can read more stories like these on our new page:

You can also share your story using #GetCovered on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

There will be countless more stories like these told in the coming months – especially as we work to improve and enhance the online experience. They are inspiring reminders of how far we’ve come from the days when Americans without health insurance were locked out of the market. And we will not stop our work until we are done.

I can't wait to hear your story, Kathleen

Kathleen Sebelius Secretary Department of Health & Human Services

by Anonymousreply 6010/22/2013

When did the Ruthuglians ever fire ANYONE for any wrongdoing or failure. Let them eat sh*t if they don't like what the current administration is doing. No one has to take the fall. They just need to fix the website. Sometimes sh*t happens. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 6110/22/2013

... A disastrous website roll-out can’t be a stand-in for the ENTIRE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT.

(unless you're an unhinged right-wing nut-job or or a hand-wringing liberal or the "both sides" obsessed mainstream media)

by Anonymousreply 6210/22/2013

This nonsense is merely an attempt to shift the conversation away from the epic failure of the Republican Party's government shutdown and the damage the party caused to the country. Congratulation you're now having the conversation that the Republicans want you to have. What will you silly people fall for next.

by Anonymousreply 6510/23/2013

Exactly, r65. More republican smoke and mirrors.

by Anonymousreply 6610/23/2013

Gop should be fired for preventing funding for the website and not setting up the exchanges at the state level.

by Anonymousreply 6910/24/2013

Obama brought in hot daddy, Jeff Zients, to head up the team to fix the website. He basically took Sebellius off the job without having to publicly fire her.

Despite all the glitches, HHS announced today the 700,000 people have completed the application process and had their incomes verified.

Here's a photo of dreamy Jeff...

by Anonymousreply 7010/24/2013

Oh yeah, I ate Teabagger shit for breakfast. And don't touch my Medicare and social security!

by Anonymousreply 7210/24/2013

Dear R71, you're loony, totally ignorant and wrong about health care, ashamed of who you are and an embarrassment to your fellow man.

No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 7310/24/2013

If the govt. shutdown had happened w/a democratic congress, everyone would be screaming for the house speaker and all his cohorts resign. yet no peep.

a website crashes and you all want HHS to resign? you know people can still call the hot line and get help.

by Anonymousreply 7410/24/2013

That's "inconceivable," darling. Now go play with those teabags well out of sight.

by Anonymousreply 7510/24/2013

[R73], [R75],

I'm feeling the love as I dip my morning teabags. I can't imagine being a radical leftist who wants to destroy the economy and the average American's ability to help himself and herself, but if I were and had done so as poorly as Sebelius had, I'd resign voluntarily. The best one could say is that she's asleep at the wheel. She even said that her critics are "people I don't work for." That happens to be the American people, whom she considers to be beneath her. She's unfit for the job.

by Anonymousreply 7610/25/2013

Ask your typical red neck rethug why he is against ObamaCare and he will tell you how it will destroy the government and how it will take money out of people's pockets - the usual Bull Shit rethug talking points. Ask him how that will happen and he'll probably call you a name or make fun of you because he doesn't know.

Try telling him that the real reason that the rethugs don't like ObamaCare is because of the fact that insurance companies must make sure that 80% of the money they take in is used for actual healthcare and not to line the pockets of the senior execs and shareholders and he a) won't know what you're talking about and b) won't believe you anyway.

by Anonymousreply 7710/25/2013

she is testifying now

by Anonymousreply 7810/30/2013

The majority of Americans don't even remember a government shutdown happening.

by Anonymousreply 7910/30/2013

Oh, for fuck's sake.

Apple introduced iOS 7 less than a month ago, and it's already had 3 updates. And I just read that if you have an iPhone 4 (not 4s), you should continue to wait as there are known glitches. So, were I a teatard, I'd be screaming "fire Tim Cook! Invade Cupertino and liberate the poor appleliites! I'm sure they'll welcome us as heroes!"

Obamacare is not a disaster, nor will it ruin the country/economy/doctors' lives, and I'm sick of hearing the line of bullshit spouted by teatards. Especially when you consider that the people who are going to benefit from the ACA are -- yes, you guessed it -- teatards and red staters.

The brouhaha over the website and now the crap about Obama knowing millions of people were going to not be able to keep their plans is just subterfuge. The GOP has made it their main goal to destroy Obama's legacy since they couldn't make him "a one term president" like they openly stated, over and over. Mark my words: just as McConnell and Boehner met on Nov. 4, 2008 and strategized over denying Obama a second term, they met on Nov. 4, 2011 and strategized on destroying the ACA. We have the proof in the shutdown and debt ceiling debacle, and having lost that, now they are going after every little thing they can.

Let's revisit this matter in a few years, when nearly everyone has healthcare, loves Obama, and the right fondly recalls these days, just as they do now with Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 8010/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!