Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oprah and Barack

She's not on board with his healthcare plan.

by Anonymousreply 2710/20/2013

Yes, r1. Nice try though.

by Anonymousreply 210/20/2013

IF the story is true, she's throwing a temper tantrum, not rejecting the ACA as implied by the thread title.

by Anonymousreply 310/20/2013

'Tis a snit.

by Anonymousreply 510/20/2013

At first i thought it said "Oprah and Bareback"

by Anonymousreply 610/20/2013

If this is true, I know which O I'm supporting. Michelle can stare down Miss Winfrey any day.

by Anonymousreply 810/20/2013

For the last time, r1, eliminating Obamacare was a major part of Romney's platform and it was put to the vote and the American people made their choice. You lost. Learn to live with it.

by Anonymousreply 910/20/2013

The american people actually voted for a public option, and this was tabled early on. The health insurance industry (aka illness profiteers) put an end to that.

The only thing their lobbyists would allow was 15-20% profit-taking.

That's 15-20% of money that is paid for healthcare that should be spent on healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 1010/20/2013

Oprah helped Obama get elected. She used her name and influence to get him to a national platform. Now I can imagine she probably felt her oats once he was in office. It was said that she wanted to sit in on cabinet meetings and would arrive at the White House with no notice. I can see why Michelle got very annoyed. But at some point, you have to be a little grateful to those who helped get you to where you are now.

This isn't about not agreeing with the plan (shit stirring OP) but simply a matter of her feelings being hurt. Michelle and Oprah just need to sit down and talk things out. Maybe get Ianyla and Gayle there to mediate.

by Anonymousreply 1110/20/2013

[quote]“For her part, Oprah doesn’t like being with Michelle, because the first lady is constantly one-upping the president and anybody else around her,” said an Oprah adviser.

Translation:

Oprah was used to being the most famous black woman on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 1210/20/2013

Obamacare will be a disaster. We will see to it.

by Anonymousreply 1410/20/2013

[quote]The american people actually voted for a public option,

Did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 1510/20/2013

[quote] It was said that she wanted to sit in on cabinet meetings and would arrive at the White House with no notice. I can see why Michelle got very annoyed. But at some point, you have to be a little grateful to those who helped get you to where you are now.

Apparently, even if they're a megalomaniacal, narcissistic celebrity who thinks that donating cash gives her 24/7 access to the White House!

I donate to my local NPR station, but I don't think my $100 gets me a talk show.

by Anonymousreply 1610/20/2013

That article sounds totally made up

by Anonymousreply 1710/20/2013

One of my former students worked for her for a year. Did everything a full-timer does and worked insane hours yet was termed an independent contractor and received no benefits.

Gotta love that Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 1810/20/2013

If it is true that Michelle snubbed Oprah...I LOVE her for it!

by Anonymousreply 1910/20/2013

People, this is from Ed Klein. Take it with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 2010/20/2013

Oprah is trying to get back all those viewers that ditched her

by Anonymousreply 2110/20/2013

I don't want any fucking billionaire weighing on any god damn thing. Let her stick to celebrity bull shit and stay the fuck out of our government.

Asking Oprah about the ACA is akin to attending Ronald McDonald's class on find French wines.

by Anonymousreply 2210/20/2013

"One of my former students worked for her for a year. Did everything a full-timer does and worked insane hours yet was termed an independent contractor and received no benefits."

I think you should cut Oprah some slack. It's not as if she's an incredibly rich woman, or anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 2310/20/2013

[quote]Oprah helped Obama get elected. She used her name and influence to get him to a national platform.

Yeah, he never woulda been nothing without Oprah! Funny, she can get a nobody elected President, but can't run a profitable or coherent cable channel. She's a real genius that Oprah! Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 2410/20/2013

"Yeah, he never woulda been nothing without Oprah."

Can you try that again in English please? I don't speak redneck.

These comments amuse me. Especially since none of you were saying this back in 2008 when she was stumping for him like crazy. How utterly predictable to say this now that he is in the middle of his second term.

Such sheep.

by Anonymousreply 2510/20/2013

How awkward will it be between Oprah and the Obama's later this year when she's to be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom at a White House ceremony, along with Bill Clinton, Gloria Steinem, Ben Bradlee, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 2610/20/2013

My big sister Oprah is America's teacher.

by Anonymousreply 2710/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.