Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tom Welling and wife Jamie to divorce after more than ten years of marriage

Smallville star Tom Welling and his wife Jamie are to divorce after ten years of marriage.

Jamie White Welling - a model - filed legal documents on Wednesday, according to TMZ, citing 'irreconcilable differences' as the reason behind the split.

She is requesting spousal support.

The documents state that the couple have been separated since December last year.

The 36-year-old actor, who played the young Clark Kent in The CW series for ten years until 2011, tied the knot with Jamie at a ceremony in Martha's Vineyard back in July 2002.

Welling's Smallville co-stars Kristin Kreuk and Michael Rosenbaum were in attendance.

The couple, who have no children, spent much of their married live in Vancouver where the series was filmed, but moved to Los Angeles in 2011 when the show finished.

Welling has kept a low profile since Smallville ended.

He served as the executive producer of the TV series Hellcats which focused on the lives of college cheerleaders and starred Ashley Tisdale and appeared as a Secret Service agent in the film Parkland which was released earlier this year.

He also appears alongside Jennifer Garner and Kevin Costner in the forthcoming Ivan Reitman sports dramedy movie Draft Day which will be released next year.

by Anonymousreply 6511/10/2013

Tom should pass on his beautiful genes, but after 10 years together and no kids, its strange, still not all couples wants kids during marriage

by Anonymousreply 210/20/2013

That show was on for 10 years? Huh.

by Anonymousreply 310/20/2013

10 years on a one hour drama series? He probably never even saw her.

by Anonymousreply 410/20/2013

Someone posted on the horrible celebrities thread that Welling was a real jerk to everyone on the set, despised by all. Is there any truth to that? What are the stories (if there are any)?

by Anonymousreply 510/20/2013

Proof that a giant supercock* alone can't keep you happy for the long haul.

* visual @ link, for those who have forgotten

by Anonymousreply 610/20/2013

A previous poster here claimed to have gone to high school with Tom & said he was nice, gay-friendly, but not, alas, gay.

by Anonymousreply 710/20/2013

She's barren and couldn't help him pass on his wondergenes.

Now he'll be able to get with a real, functional woman.

by Anonymousreply 810/20/2013

Did she tell him she was barren before they got hitched? Or did she trick him into it? Poor guy...

by Anonymousreply 910/20/2013

Eh, I always thought it was a marriage of convenience. They separated after the show stopped running and now they will divorce.

Plus, no kids?

My god, if ANY man needed to pass on those amazing genes, it's him.

Those eyes, those lips, that stature, that facial structure.....

by Anonymousreply 1010/20/2013

I don't think Welling is gay, but how many guys Tom's age were out in highschool? That means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 1110/20/2013

Another one of the Datalounge Gays. Cute guys declared gay because they are cute guys. Evidence to the contrary dismissed like plane parts to a truther.

by Anonymousreply 1210/20/2013

People say things like that R12, but is Tom actually considered gay here? Sure there are those posters who make jokes about every guy being gay, but only certain celebrites are WIDELY held to be gay here and Welling isn't one of them.

You have to take the real pulse of the board and I think there is a lot of truth to most of it, not just the wishful thinking posts that aren't serious.

by Anonymousreply 1310/20/2013

He is one of the unfair few who has gotten even more gorgeous as he has aged into his late 30's - at the recent Parkland premiere in Venice, he was amazing-looking with a bit of salt and pepper in his hair. Asshole or not, gay or not, I have to give him credit for amazing genes.

by Anonymousreply 1410/20/2013

They probably went into the marriage opposed to children and suddenly one of them heard their biological clock ticking.

by Anonymousreply 1510/20/2013

That's not really true r12. Take Jon Hamm for instance, lusted after for years by DLers; even at his most popular, posters here have never suggested he's gay. As for Welling, the prevailing feeling here is he's straight; I've read gay rumors in other sites, but not here which is quite odd.

by Anonymousreply 1610/21/2013

I still think he's one of the hottest men alive.

by Anonymousreply 1710/21/2013

He always had better chemistry with the guys on his show than with the women. Although he did pretty well with the actress who played Lois.

But he was best with Michael Rosenbaum who played Lex Luthor. I don't know about Welling, but after seeing Rosenbaum on Cribs, I'm pretty sure "Lex" is gay.

by Anonymousreply 1810/21/2013

The best chemistry EVER! Tom and Michael were beautiful together.

I've always thought Lex was as well. My god the bloopers alone would convince you of that.

Rosenbaum has to come back to my tv. He is fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 1910/21/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2010/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 2110/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 2210/21/2013

My God, what an attractive man, R21, Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 2310/21/2013

That's a pretty gay haircut in R21.

by Anonymousreply 2510/21/2013

Yes! And Tom, if you've realized your true sexuality, come to papa...

by Anonymousreply 2610/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 2710/21/2013

I had nothing to do with it

by Anonymousreply 2810/21/2013

[quote]Did she tell him she was barren before they got hitched? Or did she trick him into it? Poor guy...

Maybe HE'S shooting blanks.

by Anonymousreply 2910/21/2013

"So, is his dick bigger than Routh's or what?"

Definitely not!

by Anonymousreply 3110/22/2013

So it's pretty rare that I come here with gossip. But here's some. My sister used to live outside of Austin TX. (I posted here a few years ago about Nancy McKeon, who used to live near my sister.)

Apparently, her friends that are still in the area knew Zac Efron had a problem with coke because he was using heavily when he was at SXSW earlier this year, and was not being discrete in his efforts to score some blow. His partner in crime? Tom Welling. Most people believed Dennis Quaid was the person responsible for Zac getting hooked, but according to what my sister heard, Welling was an equally bad influence.

by Anonymousreply 3211/03/2013

R32 's story would be hotter if it ends with Welling & Quaid double-teaming Efron.

by Anonymousreply 3311/03/2013

r32 that would fit a recent blind posted someplace saying a tv star's divorce was because he had a major drug problem he wouldn't get help for and the spouse was sick of dealing with it. Welling was mentioned as a guess.

by Anonymousreply 3411/03/2013

Tom Welling a coke addict? I guess anything is possible, but he never seemed like one to me. Coke heads are usually jittery and fidgety, and he never seems that way. Now Zac, on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 3511/04/2013

Tom's nips...

by Anonymousreply 3611/04/2013

Well, that's a fantastic piece of gossip, r32. Can't let the thread die with that!

by Anonymousreply 3711/04/2013

As handsome as Tom is and probably always will be, his looks have really hit the wall. He's only 36, but he looks older.

And it looks like he lost weight, but just a few years ago, he was looking kind of "dough boy."

Sad that he'll never go back to the beauty of his Smallville years.

by Anonymousreply 3811/04/2013

You're so silly, r38!

by Anonymousreply 3911/04/2013

[quote]Sad that he'll never go back to the beauty of his Smallville years.

Sad?? There is NOTHING sad about looking like Tom Welling...gray hairs or not.

by Anonymousreply 4011/04/2013

I wonder if the alleged problem sprung up after he was done with Smallville.

It would have almost have to have been the case.

I don't want to believe it but anything is possible, I guess, especially if he has too much time on his hands.

Why isn't he working? Is he not interested in television anymore?

I love you Tom!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4111/04/2013

Isn't it funny though. He married her when Smallville started, and as soon as it ends, they're divorcing. No kids. As fanatical as some fangurls are, and the show being marketed to them, Im inclined to believe she was a beard.

by Anonymousreply 4211/04/2013

He's probably super rich from Smallville, and he never really seemed to be the Hollywood type anyway, so maybe he's resting on his laurels. Not everyone wants to workworkwork. If I remember correctly, didn't he even take the role under some duress?

by Anonymousreply 4311/04/2013

He still acts. He has a part in "Parkland" which also stars Zac Efron and will appear in another film which just finished production.

by Anonymousreply 4411/04/2013

Oh, I believe that without question, R42.

It is a little too convenient.

Of course we see history repeat itself. I'm looking at you Ammell.

by Anonymousreply 4511/04/2013

[quote] He's probably super rich from Smallville, and he never really seemed to be the Hollywood type anyway, so maybe he's resting on his laurels.

He's not the Hollywood type. He was actually a construction worker somewhere in NY state, when he was discovered as a model.

Modeling led to acting and the role on Smallville.

I guess he parlayed his star factor into becoming an executive producer for Smallville in the later years.

So he has pretty humble roots, and he didn't actively seek out the business - it found him.

That said, I'm surprised he didn't follow up with the producing role. Maybe the work dried up, and he got sidetracked by drugs. It's not unheard of in Hollywood.

Then again, he could be banging Zac Efron. That's not unheard of, either.

by Anonymousreply 4611/04/2013

He produced that "Hellcats" show but it only lasted a season.

by Anonymousreply 4711/04/2013

[R46] Humble roots is an overstatement, he's from a wealthy family.

by Anonymousreply 4811/04/2013

He's actually from Michigan. Didn't his family own the construction company he worked for?

by Anonymousreply 4911/04/2013

[R49] His father was a high-ranking executive for General Motors.

by Anonymousreply 5011/04/2013

[quote]That said, I'm surprised he didn't follow up with the producing role. Maybe the work dried up, and he got sidetracked by drugs.

Or maybe he couldn't get acting work because he's permanently typecast as "young Clark Kent," and he sucks as a producer. (Btw IIRC he's in the upcoming "Parkland" along with Zac Efron.)

by Anonymousreply 5111/05/2013

Interesting development.

For years people have been pointing out on DL that these two have been married for a decade and never had kids.

I guess this can get the ball rolling again as to what that might mean . . .

by Anonymousreply 5211/05/2013

I love him gay or straight, but he must pass on his beautiful genes, Amell is having a baby even though he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 5311/05/2013

No way he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 5411/05/2013

I don't know what to think about this development. I've heard some rumors, but seen no evidence.

by Anonymousreply 5511/07/2013

Right, R55?

Seeing those pictures of him at the airport recently or a few months back when he was shopping, he looks like he's always looked.

Hearty and robust. He's always had the tendency to be sort of doughy but if he was doing drugs, wouldn't he be stick thin, emaciated, pasty and sickly?

I don't want to believe it.

by Anonymousreply 5611/08/2013

Any pics of him snorting coke from Efron's ass?

by Anonymousreply 5711/08/2013

[quote]Any pics of him snorting coke from Efron's ass?

No THAT I'd pay to see

by Anonymousreply 5811/08/2013

I wonder if he ever sampled Sam Jones' horse dick? Sam played Pete on SMALLVILLE and recently had his own drug drama and a sex tape "leaked".

by Anonymousreply 5911/08/2013

I never thought he was gay before, but that marriage has turned out to be awful damn suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 6011/08/2013

If he's gay, I wonder if he hooked up with any of the endless parade of hot guys on that show: Rosenbaum, Hartley, Jensen Ackles, Eric Johnson, Lee Thompson Young (RIP), Sam Witwer, Callum Blue...and lots more. So many beautiful men.

by Anonymousreply 6111/09/2013

Ian Somerhalder, AND Paul Wesley, too.

by Anonymousreply 6211/09/2013

Whether he's into men or not, Tom Welling is a looker, even with the aging and bad haircut.

by Anonymousreply 6311/10/2013

[quote]Whether he's into men or not, Tom Welling is a looker, even with the aging and bad haircut.

The hairstyle is to hide his receding hairline. He's balding badly. Just look at the last season of Smallville.

by Anonymousreply 6411/10/2013

Welling CLEARLY isn't balding. You "He's Balding" queens kill me.

by Anonymousreply 6511/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.