Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rand Paul's Son Cited For Underage Drinking

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky authorities say they have cited U.S. Sen. Rand Paul's 20-year-old son on alcohol possession by a minor at a Kentucky racetrack.

Kentucky Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control spokesman Dick Brown says agents cited William Hilton Paul on Friday during a "targeted enforcement detail" at Keeneland in Lexington.

Brown told the Lexington Herald-Leader that William Paul can pay a $25 fine and court costs in advance or appear in court Nov. 15 to answer the citation. Paul is a full-time student at the University of Kentucky,

William Paul also faced alcohol-related charges in North Carolina this year, but they were dismissed in a deferred prosecution program.

Rand Paul spokeswoman Moira Bagley had no comment on the latest citation.

Keeneland spokeswoman Amy Gregory also declined to comment.

by Anonymousreply 910/20/2013

Oh good lord, who cares? This happens to EVERY UK student as a rite of passage. (not really but it is SUCH a non-event.) Yawn. Everybody drinks at Keeneland. If you don't have a bourbon or a beer in your hand no matter HOW old or young you are, someone needs to get you one.

by Anonymousreply 110/20/2013

I think the reason it might be an issue is that he's the son of a Republican family values Senator. Of course most kids drink, but this can harm the Paul family image.

by Anonymousreply 210/20/2013

Yawn

by Anonymousreply 310/20/2013

SFW.

by Anonymousreply 410/20/2013

I wake up sometimes and scream, "What's Going On!"

by Anonymousreply 510/20/2013

R2, REALLY? Since this seems to happen all the time to every "good" Republican family, I highly doubt that anyone would be remotely surprised or blink an eye. This shit always happens. SO common. Some politician's kid gets arrested. Or cited. Or is gay. Or is fucked up in one way or another. Yawn. Like the preacher's kid always being the most screwed up one. The druggie or the whore or getting a DUI.

All the Republican sex scandals of late and Rand Paul's nearly legal age son gets cited for drinking at a racetrack? This might be scandalous if you time travel back to 1900.

by Anonymousreply 610/20/2013

The only thing odd about this is that it's arrest #2 in a very short period of time. Might just be a coincidence, but it might indicate the kid has a problem.

Wake me when he gets his third.

by Anonymousreply 710/20/2013

If I had his father and grandfather I would drink too. Maybe the kid is the only decent member of the family.

by Anonymousreply 810/20/2013

R7 & R8 raise an interesting point - this is the 2nd problem this kid has had this year. There was one earlier in the year in North Carolina, and now another one in Kentucky.

Perhaps Rand Paul will have to put his Presidential ambitions on hold in order to deal with what could be an emerging family problem.

by Anonymousreply 910/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.