Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anyone in the fashion world?

Is Stella McCarthy considered a real talent?

by Let's dish on designersreply 1610/19/2013

I'm not in the fashion world but she is a shit designer. Remember her pink reindeer sweater?

by Let's dish on designersreply 110/19/2013

Maybe you ought to start with an actual designer's name to begin with.

by Let's dish on designersreply 210/19/2013

Yes Stella is considered talented. She actually does really great Ready to Wear.

by Let's dish on designersreply 310/19/2013

Yes, she's considered very talented/accomplished and is lauded for her use of synthetic leathers and furs.

by Let's dish on designersreply 410/19/2013

She is to the fashion world what Ringo Starr was to the Beatles.

by Let's dish on designersreply 510/19/2013

Fashion is my passion, and I respect the creativity that you find in its different levels.

by Let's dish on designersreply 610/19/2013

No, she's considered an unpleasant and very marginally talented designer with a famous father.

by Let's dish on designersreply 710/19/2013

Actually Ringo had/has talent. Stella OTOH is absolute shite and has no talent except to be Goop's BFF.

by Let's dish on designersreply 810/19/2013

Here's Sandra Bullock in a Stella Mc

by Let's dish on designersreply 910/19/2013

I doubt that Stella designed anything, just said ok to it. And the dress does not look good on Sandra Nazi.

by Let's dish on designersreply 1010/19/2013

Sandy looks VERY sexy in that dress. She is a fucking hot woman...that face, that hair, that body. She makes it seem so effortless even though it's probably a huge struggle/battle involving making deals with demons, etc.

by Let's dish on designersreply 1110/19/2013

I've heard she is a very pleasant person, but assistants do most of the actual designing

by Let's dish on designersreply 1210/19/2013

You are thinking of Tommy Hillfinger

by Let's dish on designersreply 1310/19/2013

"No, she's considered an unpleasant and very marginally talented designer with a famous father."

Clearly not famous enough, if OP is anything to go by.

by Let's dish on designersreply 1410/19/2013

McCartney this and McCartney that Stella beat you down with a baseball bat...

by Let's dish on designersreply 1510/19/2013

No. She had Phoebe Philo designing for her as an assistant in the beginning and everyone thought the real talent was Philo.. Philo left her to work for Celine and she's now far more influential and respected than Stella.

I'm not saying Stella is considered crap. But she's not an innovator the way her former assistant Philo is.

That said, regarding Stella: I love that, for her Central Saint Martins graduation show (fashion college), she had Naomi and Kate modelling for her. And that Jessica White was the girl in the pineapple ads. Stella used to have a reputation for being really bitchy. I mean scorched earth being mean to strangers bitchy. Which is odd because my impression of her is hippy dippy progressive.

She IS respected for being so anti-animal cruelty that she doesn't use fur and leather, two materials that most houses really profit from. ANd when her line was bought by the Gucci group, she told them she would not use fur and leather and they suprisingly agreed to take her on (Gucci being famed for its leather goods). So she's really progressive in that regard.

by Let's dish on designersreply 1610/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.