Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

GOOP: The Cheating Whore

No wonder she's been in melt-down mode over this Vanity Fair piece. The problem is not that it's depicting her as a selfish, clueless cunt (although it may). The problem is that it's depicting her as a cheating, slutty cunt. Yay!

The exposure of two affairs is being discussed so far - one with the billionaire who just married Elle Macpherson, the other with a (married?) New York literary agent.

Namaste, bitch. She should never have fucked with Nuclear Wintour.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 25110/24/2013

I've never really had an opinion on Goop one way or the other, but her take down is going to be epic. I can't wait. OP, you're right... don't fuck with Anna.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 110/19/2013

What has her mother Blythe Danner set about this contretemps?

Anything?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 210/19/2013

What is that HORRIBLE white dress she's wearing in linked photos??

Those bust cups have no relationship to her titties.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 310/19/2013

Isn't this just evil marketing for that movie on sex addiction she's got out soon?

Don't like Goop one bit, but this out of nowhere could be movie promotion and not much else.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 410/19/2013

Agreed, R3, the tittays look saggy and tiny (she's had them done since) and the skirt poofs out to make her look pregnant or - so much worse - fat.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 510/19/2013

I agree with R3 and R5. That dress makes her look pregnant.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 610/19/2013

How does Wintour figure into this?

Sorry, I can only bear to follow goop's adventures on here. Without your collective invective she's boring as a bag of hammers.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 710/19/2013

[quote]What has her mother Blythe Danner set about this contretemps?

I was the source!

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 810/19/2013

Of all her movies, the only one i like is sliding doors.

I haven't seen anything of hers in donkey years, not even the one that she won an oscar for.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 910/19/2013

R7, Wintour throws the Met Gala every year. Paltrow trashed it - publicly.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 1010/19/2013

So Anna calls Graydon and Graydon unleashes a typist?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 1110/19/2013

Really, this has nothing to do whatsoever with the sex addiction flick? Because in the end, what matters is the money coming in.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 1210/19/2013

VF and Vogue are both Conde Nast publications. The Met Gala is a Conde Nast event almost as much as it's a Vogue event.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 1310/19/2013

A notorious control freak who has gone to great lengths to show the world that she has the best in everything is not willingly going to let the mask drop so quickly. WITH someone else doing the takedown, to boot. Can you honestly picture Gwyneth agreeing to have some magazine smear her image?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 1410/19/2013

Her image is a mixed bag at best. Although she won't know that.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 1510/19/2013

Oh, God... I smell another UN Humanitarian Ambassadress coming on.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 1610/19/2013

Yawn! Soffer fucked everybody before he married Elle. Goop would be one of a long list, who cares? And a "married literary agent"...are you kidding me, that's it? Christ she can't even fuck around with any flair. Wake me when its all over, I'm falling asleep here.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 1710/19/2013

Goopy wants this story to break because she's trying to sexualize her image. Years ago, Goopy was talking in interviews about how smooth her waxed pussy feels and recently she talked about how she now has a "70s vibe going on down there." She's a desperate hag and she's for this "smear" as long as it's publicity.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 1810/19/2013

Goop's mistake was an amateur one: Anna Wintour is a Scorpio.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 1910/19/2013

Ah, thank you R18. I think this is right. Those who handle Goop want her image to be sexualized. That's it, folks!

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 2010/19/2013

[quote}What has her mother Blythe Danner set about this contretemps?

She posing with her in photographs like this. Gwyneth posted this two weeks ago on her FB page.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 2110/19/2013

She just doesn't have sex appeal. Like Nicole Kidman. The sex goddess bypassed them.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 2210/19/2013

Even if this is true, big deal. Chris has cheated on her ass who knows how many times, and publicly with Kate Bosworth.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 2310/19/2013

True, R23, Martin has always fucked around on her. But it's Goop's image that's supposed to be little miss perfect, not his. He's not a movie star.

Whether by accident, design or revenge, it makes her look bad so I'm all for it.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 2410/19/2013

[quote]Of all her movies, the only one I like is sliding doors.

Ditto.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 2510/19/2013

OP, you a sick little pathetic wimpy shitstain.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 2610/19/2013

Gwen didn't fuck anyone, not even her husband. She's a sexless braindead bimbo that even famewhore Louise Ciccone has no patience for.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 2710/19/2013

Thanks Goop, or friend of Goop, at R26.

Btw, it's "you are" or "you're" that you were looking for in that post of yours.

*kisses*

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 2810/19/2013

What issue? December?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 3010/19/2013

What kind of name is Blythe?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 3110/19/2013

Old English, R31.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 3210/19/2013

The photo of her and Blythe at r21 is a very old one.

So....where are recent photos? I think Blythe steers clear.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 3310/19/2013

I don't think Blythe steers clear. If she put up with that cunt Bruce Paltrow for all those years, she'll keep right on putting up with Goop.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 3410/19/2013

Elle McPherson's husband is seriously fug, that nose is terrible.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 3510/19/2013

Blythe is responsible for raising that spoiled woman, why do people think Blythe is blameless?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 3610/19/2013

That picture of Goop kissing Chris in the Daily Mail is a fake tv/movie kiss where he is kissing the bottom of her face instead of her lips. Very telling.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 3710/19/2013

I'm sorry, but no. I take no joy in this smear campaign. Gwyneth is a supercilious ass. But she is relatively harmless. There is nothing to be gained from crushing her. I have always considered her a decent actress, and a character.

Sometimes I just shake my head. She reminds me so much of one of those prissy girls in Mary McCarthy's The Group. She is ridiculous. Certainly no achievement to take her down.

You tell me she screwed around? I know for a fact her husband cheats. Often. So maybe there's a double standard operating here. If they're going to shit on Gwyneth, why not shit on both of them.

Chris certainly deserves to be part of this discussion. And who is advantaged by this? Graydon may sell some magazines, but he is hurting himself long term. This is some low, ugly, unnecessary bullshit.

I know one damned thing. If I Were Gwyneth, I'd fire Kevin Huvane or whoever handles her shit. Why is there a need to embarrass her so publically. I think Graydon Carter is a fucking bully. There's nothing titillating or satisfying about this, IMO.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 3810/19/2013

I would prefer this happen to somebody like Kanye or Beyoncé or the Kardashian clan. It would be more satisfying.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 3910/19/2013

R39, Kanye is going to get locked up in a nuthouse eventually, Beyonce is going to come down with hep c, and the Kardashians are all going to get as fat as hogs. Let us enjoy Goop's evisceration and join us.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 4010/20/2013

lmao, this was the epic take down? I bet you, Chris doesn't even give a fuck, neither does she. But to me it looks like publicity for her new fucking movie. This won't taint her a bit..

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 4110/20/2013

GOOP must have a death wish to cross Madonna AND Anna Wintour.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 4210/20/2013

How did she cross Madonna?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 4310/20/2013

"publically", R38? Really? Supercilious and publically in the same post? How truly GOOPy of you.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 4410/20/2013

r43 You'll have to buy the issue to find out!

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 4510/20/2013

lol, even DailyMail and Star acknowledged the lack of the evidence, you know what that means, it's not going to happen. OP will be thoroughly disappointed.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 4610/20/2013

Even if its true, people should just ignore VF for taking so long to find out. The lamest form of journalism ever, LOL!

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 4710/20/2013

My goodness, you people are simpletons! While my husband Chris and I have a contemporary relationship in which we're each open to seeking other sexual partners, you think I'd bother with an aging supermodel's hand-me-down? I mean, please. Thanks to constant yoga and vaginal rejuvenation surgery, I have the body of a 25-year-old. As such, I select age-appropriate mid-twentysomething partners. Kellan Lutz? Been there, done him. Huge endowment, but didn't know a *thing* about how to use it until I came along. Robert Pattinson? He got to first base before I discovered a *nasty* case of crotch rot, at which point I sent him packing. Darren Criss? Oh, you silly people who think he's gay ... I can assure you he's not only straight, but one of the most naturally sexually gifted men I've ever met, even with an average-sized penis.

Oh, the stories I could tell ... but I'm waiting to see what garbage Graydon purveys first, and by the way this whole VF escapade is ENTIRELY because I turned him down flat after their Oscar party last spring. I have standards, and a pudgy fiftysomething with terrible hair goes well beyond them.

Namaste.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 4810/20/2013

I read somewhere Anna Wintour is increasing ticket prices for the next Met Ball, so I guess it was not such a good idea to have Kanye and the Kartrashian clan attending after all. Wintour should be mad at Goop for wearing that godawful white dress though!

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 4910/20/2013

God dammit, I should have just gone to the clinic.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 5010/20/2013

R9

She was amazing in Proof and Hard Eight, and also in Sylvia, but that movie was a bit meh. In Proof more so than Shakespeare she gave an Oscar worthy performance, but Proof hardly made any money and the Oscars are always about money.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 5110/20/2013

[quote]Chris certainly deserves to be part of this discussion.

Chris certainly doesn't set himself up as the arbiter of life. That's what this is all about.

She tells people how to dress, how to eat and how to live according to her standards and financial position.

What I find so strange is that no one's told her to shut the fuck up. Clearly that lifestyle website of her's is absurd and patronizing.

A constant displaying of her perfect, privileged life.

Obviously it comes from insecurity. But she needs to get over it and come down to earth.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 5210/20/2013

[quote]What I find so strange is that no one's told her to shut the fuck up.

Dear, that's because people *adore* my Web site and find GOOP utterly fascinating, not to mention a great benefit to their personal well-being. The only *mild* criticism I've received was in response to my cookbook, since some people couldn't readily obtain some of the ingredients for my recipes, but my response then is the same as now: that's why you *hire* people to handle these tasks. Personally, my various Los Angeles-based staff speak Spanish (obviously), Mandarin, Vietnamese and Japanese, and that gets me through 95% of my dietary needs. The London staff speaks a far greater variety of languages, since it's much more of a melting pot: they know all the subdialects in South Asia, particularly in India and Bangladesh.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 5310/20/2013

I don't really think it comes from insecurity, R52. That's what makes her so vile to me: she truly feels superior to almost everyone. I think she just assumes people will find her as fascinating as she finds herself.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 5410/20/2013

[quote]I think she just assumes people will find her as fascinating as she finds herself.

How would that make her different from anyone else on social media?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 5510/20/2013

Right, like you aren't, OP.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 5710/20/2013

OP if Chris Martin doesn't have a problem with her cheating (he is the hubby after all) why should you or anyone else care?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 5810/20/2013

this could make a wonderful biopic for my next Oscar vehicle

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 5910/20/2013

[quote]Trainer to the star Tracy Anderson, the best friend of Gwyneth Paltrow, will have nothing to do with a Vanity Fair article on the A list star.

I'm suspicious when someone's best friend is one of their help.

After all that fuss about her sparkling, subject-hopping, intellectual dinner table conversations with her glitteringly brilliant London friends, this article suggests that her best friend is her personal trainer and that she is close friends with dumb as a post Kate Hudson. Her other intimates have included intellectual heavy weights Cameron Diaz, Madonna, Mario Batali, Beyonce, and Jay-Z.

The possibility raised in the Daily Mail of her fucking Salman Rushdie is perhaps not so far-fetched. She may have been under the impression that her waxed?/Seventies Jungle? pussy might absorb a few IQ points.

[quote]“We have great dinner parties at which everyone sits around talking about politics, history, art and literature—all this peppered with really funny jokes. But back in America, I was at a party and a girl looked at me and said, ‘Oh, my God! Are those Juicy jeans that you’re wearing?’ and I thought, I can’t stay here. I have to get back to Europe.”

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 6010/20/2013

The fact that she screws around is the least offensive thing I've ever heard about her. She's in show biz. If you're in show biz and you DON'T screw around, people wonder what's wrong with you.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 6110/20/2013

This is an incredibly tacky gossip website I'm linking to, but this blind item may answer some of the questions about the contents of this VF takedown. If this is true, it explains the Madonna fallout and possibly explains why Tracy Anderson refused to get involved:

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 6210/20/2013

Didn't we read somewhere that GP was borderline retarded? And that her family had trouble keeping her in any school she was so stupid?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 6310/20/2013

[quote] I haven't seen anything of hers in donkey years, not even the one that she won an oscar for.

R9, I believe you meant "donkey's years"--at least, that's the way my mum says it.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 6410/20/2013

Hurray for R64!

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 6510/20/2013

I know seven years in a dog year. What do donkeys get?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 6610/20/2013

Is that TRUE...the 2nd quote @ R60?

I'm going to have to quote it again:-

“We have great dinner parties at which everyone sits around talking about politics, history, art and literature—all this peppered with really funny jokes. But back in America, I was at a party and a girl looked at me and said, ‘Oh, my God! Are those Juicy jeans that you’re wearing?’ and I thought, I can’t stay here. I have to get back to Europe.”

It just sounds made up. No one talks like that without risking getting shot.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 6710/20/2013

SO GOOP tried to put the moves on Guy Ritchie?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 6810/20/2013

[quote]SO GOOP tried to put the moves on Guy Ritchie?

And the trainer totally talked to VF, hence the publicity plant that she didn't...?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 6910/20/2013

Paltrow is pretty good movie actor so I don't mind seeing her in movies, but she's certainly not one of my favourite actors. She does have holier than thou-image in her real life, though, and it's annoying, since she seems to have this bitchy side to her as well.

I am a bit two-minded about this VF-article, because it's completely different to have anonymous Hollywood gossip in the net and printing a mean article about someone in one of the most visible magazines in the world.

Her fucking around is not that horrible (and really isn't anyone's business), but one can't deny that, if true, trying to bed Guy Ritchie when he was still married to Madonna was quite mean from Paltrow.

But I can't deny that the whole thing is fascinating, and if Wintour is somehow involved in this even more so.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 7010/20/2013

Make Gwyneth suffer even more ..... give her NO attention at all and she will whither away .... they should trash running that article.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 7110/20/2013

[quote] give her NO attention at all and she will whither away

We have NO intention of doing that.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 7210/20/2013

The funny thing is I always thought Madonna was the guiltier party in their falling out.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 7310/20/2013

Whatever possessed her to trash the Met Ball? You'd think that after years in H'Wood, she'd have learned to be more circumspect. Huvane and PR can't force her to keep her mouth shut. She's been favorably photographed for covers of both VF and Vogue. You would think she'd want to keep some kind of a cordial relationship with them. Is she just to arrogant to see this?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 7410/20/2013

This GOOP nickname, she gave it to herself, right? Why, because it just has a unflattering ring to it. What does it mean anyway? Is it just because her initials are GP?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 7510/20/2013

Some gossip that will NOT be in the article: Goop and Chris were part of a wife-swapping / orgy group a few years back that included Madonna and Guy as well a Sting and Trudie S. (yikes).

Goop started fucking Guy one-on-one, apart from the parties, which Madonna took as a betrayal on both of their parts. She ended her marriage as well as her friendship with Gwen.

The song "She's not me" from Hard Candy was about Gwen stealing her husband.

Namasté

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 7610/20/2013

R74 She was pissed because Madonna was there and her supposed best friend Beyoncé wasn't giving her the time of day and was too busy chatting it up with the Material Girl.

R69 It could have been someone in Madonna's camp who leaked the information, upon hearing that they were doing the expose on her. Especially if that's the reason for the friendship ending.

I still don't buy that this is all a big publicity ploy. It would also mean that Wintour had no problem with GOOP trashing her beloved Met Costume Ball.

I just think she really stepped into some shit this time.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 7710/20/2013

Lovely, R76. Give us more.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 7810/20/2013

I guess it's true that the Guy Ritchie appear must be below the waist.....

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 7910/20/2013

Well r60 I can't take issue with that last quote. Being from New York you could pick just about anyone on a subway that could give you better conversation than 90% of the people in LA.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 8010/20/2013

I wish it was this easy for me to shame my enemies. Thanks for the info, R76 (Frustrated P.A.). Did Beyoncé and JayZ become one of the replacement couples for Goop and Chris?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 8110/20/2013

appear = appeal .......sorry.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 8210/20/2013

It sounds plausible r76 but from what I remember didn't Ritchie leave Madge?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 8310/20/2013

[quote]“We have great dinner parties at which everyone sits around talking about politics, history, art and literature—all this peppered with really funny jokes. But back in America, I was at a party and a girl looked at me and said, ‘Oh, my God! Are those Juicy jeans that you’re wearing?’ and I thought, I can’t stay here. I have to get back to Europe.”

OMG! I never heard that quote. When and where is it from? I can't imagine anyone saying these words that isn't being sarcastic or mocking someone else who is an insufferable snob. Was she drunk? Drugged? Quoting lines from a play? There has to be a back story. If not, I am deeply ashamed on her behalf.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 8410/20/2013

BTW--I also cringe when GOOP tries to act all gangsta and ghetto. Doesn't she have anyone who can reign her in and keep her from making a fool of herself. No one, NO ONE wants to see a rich, entitled, forty year old, ice queen mommy-frau act all "street."

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 8510/20/2013

I will thoroughly enjoy this takedown--if it is successful (which I doubt.) the thing that has bothered me the most about gwenyth's reign is when the media decided to sell her as this "gorgeous, timeless beauty". And then People names her the "most beautiful in the world". Please. She's barely attractive with a shitload of makeup and good lighting. She's fucking ugly without. Her eyes are spaced like a hammerhead shark. I've seen hotter inbreds.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 8610/20/2013

Seemed to me Mel Gibson had been taken down quite a few notches.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 8810/20/2013

Some of your sermon rings true, R87 (though I'd argue there isn't much left to take down of Mel Gibson.)

Above all we live in a world of hyper commoditization. But people have been peeking behind the curtain forever. Now there's just less (no? discretion or limits. Check out the Are there gay royals? thread. Sixty years ago the press wouldn't touch. Today, not so much.

GP was a party to bringing her story to this moment. She'll survive it. She'll have to, it's going to happen, with all the attendant ugly noise, no matter what.

Invading and exposing the lives of others to ridicule is nothing new. All that's changed is the extent. I think it is wrong, how far it goes now, but there's no way to stop it. You can't even wrest decent gun control out of something like Newtown. This is very unimportant and nobody cares about anything except the dirt.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 8910/20/2013

C'mon R87, take downs are engineered for those who actively elevate themselves above others. Not for mere assholes. It has always been so. It's a universal, primal, human instinct to want to topple those who put themselves on a pedestal. There are many examples of this in every culture, through out history, in literature and even in the Bible.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 9010/20/2013

R87 makes me feel a lot better. I'll be in great company!

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 9110/20/2013

I want R76 (Frustrated P.A.) to come back and spill more tea.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 9210/20/2013

[quote]The San Ysidro Ranch is one of my favorite hotels ever (I got married here!). A private and romantic hideaway in Montecito, with 41 cozily and individually decorated guest cottages, it’s perfect for a honeymoon or a special wine tour weekend away

followed by

[quote]Among many other things, the ranch is famous for its $130 "Montecito Margarita" made with Don Julio Real Añejo Tequila and Grand Marnier 150th Anniversary.

To go on the world wide web and recommend a place that has drinks that cost $130...is asking for trouble.

It is TOTALLY inappropriate.

Oprah's also someone who loves to share with the world her luxury lifestyle but for some reason it's not so fucking annoying.

I wonder if she'll ever learn to be a little more humble and a lot more discreet. She need to learn to enjoy her privileged life without sticking it under people's noses. You can talk this way with your rich friends but to go on the internet and brag is gross. No wonder people want to take her down a peg.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 9310/20/2013

I second Apple (R92) on this one.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 9410/20/2013

This really takes the biscuit:

"This past week, I was very saddened to learn of the death of David Collins, a friend and a real talent. David had a discerning eye and created truly beautiful, inspirational interiors. He was a deeply lovely and thoughtful man."

Followed by a photo & caption:

A custom-made David Collins sconce in my London dining room.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 9510/20/2013

r84 yes, that is a very real quote from Goop. As outrageous as it is, it's not even the worst one she's ever said - believe it or not.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 9610/20/2013

Didn't she also have an affair with a famous, overweight, ugly chef?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 9710/20/2013

r87 get a blog and shut the fuck up already.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 9810/20/2013

"Didn't she also have an affair with a famous, overweight, ugly chef?" === R97: YES! It is well known, at least in East Hampton, that Goop was having a a very hot rendezvous with Ina Garten and I hope the VF article brings this out.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 9910/20/2013

The David Collins sconce in Gwyneth's London Dining Room @ link.

Thanks, Gwyneth, I'm gonna get me one as soon as I can get myself down to David's studio. But we've got a Japanese chef in this evening to teach the kids how to make sushi and I'll be picking at all that stuff and then I'll need to spend the next day running it off at the gym.

PLUS my decorator ( a dear, dear friend) will be on the phone most the day picking my brains over the new house in Brentwood (we're moving to LA- I want my kids to spend their days in the sunshine, swimming and picking avocados off the trees).

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 10010/20/2013

r97 yes, with Mario Batali & she did a special with him, traveling to Spain I think.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 10110/20/2013

If I was Goop, I would be fucking hot young guys on the side, not fugly billionaires.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 10210/20/2013

Maybe she needs the money, R102.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 10310/20/2013

Good point, R102. She's already rich so she doesn't need to whore herself for money. That's evidence right there that the gossip is probably false. Now, if she was boinking a hot young thing she'd be toast, because everyone has been wondering all along what she ever saw in fugly Chris Martin.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 10410/20/2013

Is the thread here also a plant? I read the whole thread and links and I'm looking for the cool, shocking take down of GP. This is totally a PR plant to drum up interest in a quasi-retarded, rich has-been who thinks "how to hard boil an egg" is worthy content of a chic cookbook. A real take down would talk about how two-faced she is, what an eco demon she is, elitist, useless, feckless, just what a rotten human being she is, in such a way that she would no longer create riches for something that doesn't contribute a damn thing. Mock horror at fucking some guy? Really? Why the fuck do I care? Give something truly juicy, or go the fuck home.

She's about my age and I had always liked her until the last few years as I've read things on DL and other media that made me do a 180. What a cunt.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 10510/20/2013

R104: She had a very strange relationship with her father. She has daddy issues.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 10610/20/2013

Very strange as in Chinatown strange, R106? That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 10710/20/2013

She was sort of an indie band groupie, trying to outdo Winona Ryder at the time of hooking up with CM.

The open relationship/wife swapping/orgy thing makes me think that Goop/Martin/Jay-Z/Beyonce were doing the same kind of thing together with each other. Hence this is why they are not hanging out together anymore.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 10810/20/2013

I agree with R105 100%. This here is a plant to make GP look interesting, because nobody gives a fuck.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 10910/20/2013

The Sunday Times Rich List for 2012 pegged their combined wealth at 72ML... about $116 M USD.

Chris Martin has a good bod.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 11010/20/2013

God no, R108. The idea of ANYONE wanting to fuck Jay-Z is baffling. But Goop? I can't picture it all. I can't see Bey going for boring, milquetoast Martin either.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 11110/20/2013

I can't see Goop as the horny swapping type. She seems all about putting clothes on, not taking them off.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 11210/20/2013

She seems to be all about doing what it takes to please the men in her life.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 11310/20/2013

Agree with R112. She's not sexy in the least. She seems asexual.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 11410/20/2013

It's like she's not even trying to seem innocent.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 11510/20/2013

Bullying, R87?

Bitch, please.

First, this is a Gay Gossip, Politics and Pointless Bitchery website, not whatever Preachathon Kumbayah site you mistook it for.

Second, shut the fuck up.

Third, Mel Gibson, seriously? You think ol' sugar tits, blow-up doll baby-mama, recorded and released death threats, blackballed from almost everything Mel fucking Gibson hasn't been taken down? You are not paying attention to where he was, where he is now and how he got there.

Fourth, shut the fuck up.

There are some weird Goopers on this thread but it won't help her. Huvane should have reined her in and shut her up years ago. More to the point, she should have checked her wandering waxed/70's-jungle vadge before setting herself up as a holier than thou arbiter of taste, thought and behavior.

Goop's been a backstabbing, man-stealing, mean-girl cunt for years. She isn't being bullied, she IS the bully and she's finally getting some of her own back.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 11610/20/2013

That's strange :

1. I never liked GP. She always appeared smug and self-satisfied to me.

2. I enjoy a good gossip and revelations, especially about self-satisfied spoiled actors.

And yet... There is something I find unsettling in this denounciation. The VF people seem to acting out of a petty vengence. Even if I want to, I can't feel any sympathy with VF. I find them cheap instead.

As the "Darfur Orphans" stated earlier : "Rich people messing with rich people".

It sucks, but this doesn't bring me any fun, as opposed to the Mel Gibson or Reese Whitterspoon debacles.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 11710/20/2013

R116, I think I love you.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 11810/20/2013

There was another rumor going around earlier this year that Goopie and Jay-Z had hooked up and that was what caused the rift in the friendship with Beyonce. She doesn't seem to be able to keep female friends. And she only wants them if they are famous. Look at the way she was sucking up to Miranda Kerr. She also seems to covet the things they have and the people they know. Wasn't the break up with Madonna over the YOGA instructor? Sheesh. Rich Bitch Problems.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 11910/20/2013

I hope Miranda Kerr is not one of Goop's friends. I actually like her for some reason. Is she one of Goop's friends?

Also, interesting dish on the Jay-Z/Goop hookup & Beyonce no longer friendly with Goop.

So do Jay-Z/Beyonce have an open relationship & is that why she was seriously batting her eyelashes at Barack & he seemed totally into her too?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 12110/20/2013

I don't know if Goopie and Kerr are friends now but there were reports that she was sucking up to Kerr BIG time at the Met Gala. But that may have been because no one else seemed to care that she was there, including Madonna, Beyonce and Anna Wintour. I never heard that Beyonce flirts with Obama and he likes it. I think he and Michelle really like her. They think she's a nice girl. The one sister Michelle didn't seem to like having around was Kerry Washington. Keep an eye on Kerry's hairdos. Every time Kerry changes her hair style Michelle will soon have one just like it.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 12210/20/2013

[quote]You don't get to tell me to STFU.

I already did, twice. Send Goop and Huvane our regards.

I wonder if they'll include stories about Goop's hoover-nosed cocaine binges in the VF article? Or what she had to do to that casting couch pig-extraordinaire, Harvey Weinstein, to get "Shakespeare in Love" for herself?

I guess we'll wait and see.

p.s. Shut the fuck up.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 12310/20/2013

Wasn't Bill Clinton also one of her notches?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 12410/20/2013

I doubt it, R124. The Big Dog usually goes for big tittays which are not Goop's strong suit. But hey, you never know and a blowjob doesn't require tittays.

That stuff about Beyonce and President Obama is bullshit. He wouldn't touch her with a ten-foot-pole. Or his dick.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 12510/20/2013

Chris is just as insufferable as Paltrow is. I heard him do an interview where he said that Coldplay has a rule about their music and that it has to be 100% honest and that the reason people don't like their music is because it's too "honest" for them...

No, asshole. Some people just don't like your music because they think it just outright sucks.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 12610/20/2013

r87 writes one of the more bizarre posts I've ever read here at the DL and that's saying a lot given that I've been here since pre 9/11.

Blonde, attractive, wealthy, famous entitled women have problems. Seriously, they do. But being "bullied" isn't one of them and to chracterize a VF expose as such is to diminish acts of true bullying.

I'll read the VF piece on Paltrow but I won't be surprised if my reaction after doing so is big whoop.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 12710/20/2013

This is the content of a recent, poorly written, Blind Item. It was linked upthread. I've put in the correct names because all that LMNOP-Lister crap is so annoying.

Lots of skeletons in Madge's and Goop's closets. They used to be very close friends, actually it was a threesome of A-list BFFs they belonged to (Madge, Goop and Trudie Styler) and no one has ever been able to figure out why they had such a horrific falling out.

And after they did, the third wheel in the threesome, Trudie Styler, remained loyal to Madge. Turns out, Goop isn't the pretty, perfect, princess she wants the world to believe. She's actually a bit of a slut, quite frankly. A boring slut, but a slut nonetheless. She doesn't care if she's married or they're married, if she wants it, she goes after it.

Well, she went after Madge's then husband, Guy Richie, and had their mutual friend (a nobody, personal trainer Tracy Anderson) orchestrate everything, and give Goop all of the inside info of Guy Richie's schedule, etc. so she could hook up with him. There had been a flirtation between them for a while, and it was about to go to the next level.

Madge got wind of this and rightfully went apeshit. It's not clear whether there was actually an affair carried out, but it was enough for Madge to throw her husband out, and disown BFF Goop and the person they shared in common, Tracy Anderson.

The third A-lister in the group, Trudie Styler, was horrified by what Goop did and stayed loyal to Madge. Everybody agreed to keep it quiet because there are a lot of children and marriages involved.

The elder A-lister, Madge, and her husband, Guy Richie, eventually divorced, but the younger, Goop, is still married to Chris Martin, and [he?] has no idea this even happened. But it's about to come out. Soon.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 12810/20/2013

My favorite was Chloe Sevigny's shade to GOOP after she bitched about the Met Gala last year in that odd pink dress.

"Maybe her sleeves were too tight?"

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 12910/20/2013

What was the quote Goop made about the Met Gala?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 13010/20/2013

[quote]Blythe is responsible for raising that spoiled woman, why do people think Blythe is blameless?

This. Blythe and Bruce helped create Gwennie. Make *no* mistake about that.

[quote]I think she just assumes people will find her as fascinating as she finds herself.

[quote]How would that make her different from anyone else on social media?

True. Including, those on DL.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 13110/20/2013

Hmmm. Wouldn't that make the friendly interaction between Madonna and Beyonce at the Met Gala even more interesting considering that neither one of them had anything to do with Goopie? What if the goopster made a play for Hova and he rejected her and told Beyonce but didn't want to give up his friendship with Martin so they chose not to tell him but go out of there way to avoid HER? Can't wait for his fucking story!

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 13210/20/2013

Let me Oh, dear myself. It's their not there.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 13310/20/2013

Ooooooh, I love her bitchy quote about the Met Gala that she chose that wildly inappropriate "pretty in pink" prom dress rather than go with the punk theme because she thinks, "we're all getting a bit too old to dress like punks." LOL. That is just DELICIOUS considering she's 15 years YOUNGER than Madge, but Madge went with the requested punk theme. See link.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 13410/20/2013

[quote]The third A-lister in the group, Trudie Styler, was horrified by what Goop did and stayed loyal to Madge. Everybody agreed to keep it quiet because there are a lot of children and marriages involved.

If Trudie Styler is indeed the third A-lister (does anybody truly consider her to be A-list???), it is rather hypocritical for her to be so horrified at what Gwennie allegedly did. If memory serves, Trudie was accused of doing the same thing to get Sting (wasn't Sting's then wife Trudie's best friend, and Trudie stabbed her in the back to get Sting?).

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 13510/20/2013

Are you kidding, r132? There is no way JayZ rejected her--that's the only part of your speculation that is wrong. I don't care if her ass is too flat; he would want her. As for the blind, it's hard to believe Chris Martin didn't know the reason for the falling out.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 13610/20/2013

[quote]Is the thread here also a plant?

Nope. I've been a DL'er for many, many years and I've loathed Goop through every one of them.

[quote]I read the whole thread and links and I'm looking for the cool, shocking take down of GP.

The VF article isn't out yet. The cheating stuff is just what's being speculated about in advance of its publication.

[quote]This is totally a PR plant to drum up interest in a quasi-retarded, rich has-been who thinks "how to hard boil an egg" is worthy content of a chic cookbook.

The VF piece may be that but I doubt it. It appears to be far too gloves-off and negative to be a publicity generator for Goop and her movie. Plus, I think the movie's coming out before the VF piece is published. The "she's secretly a big whore" bits that have leaked may actually be a PR campaign for Vanity Fair but not for Goop.

[quote]A real take down would talk about how two-faced she is, what an eco demon she is, elitist, useless, feckless, just what a rotten human being she is, in such a way that she would no longer create riches for something that doesn't contribute a damn thing.

The VF piece is rumored to be twice as long as their usual (already lengthy) celebrity profiles. Supposedly it's about 8000 words. I don't know what's in it, other than the secret slutting around. By itself, that isn't enough to fill all that space. There's got to be more to it.

Patience, R105, our dreams of a comprehensive Goop take-down may yet come true.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 13710/20/2013

I have no hope the article will be anywhere nearly as good as this thread.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 13810/20/2013

Gywneth, you were a marvelous Estella. Wasn't a huge stretch, was it?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 13910/20/2013

God, I hope they interviewed some "sources close to" Winona... I'm sure there's a ton of shit that her "insiders" could offer.

Who else has Paltrow pissed off?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 14010/20/2013

Why the hell would Jay-Z or any other rich guy want her if he could get younger, genuinely hotter blondes by the dozen any day of the week? His wife is younger and hotter than her. As Jennifer Lopez pointed out years ago her desirability has always been media hype. If you were talking Blake Lively, I could buy some guy with lots of other options still never rejecting her r136, but you seem to be forgetting that GOOP is (1) old, and (2) has never been really "hot." I bet even Mario Batali would pass at this point. I've never once met a real life straight guy who was into Gwynnie.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 14110/20/2013

[quote]The “Iron Man” actress told USA Today that she was going to skip the event next year. “I’m never going again,” she said. “It was so un-fun. It was boiling. It was too crowded. I did not enjoy it at all.”

[quote]The actress was even more candid when she talked Thursday to the two hosts of the Kyle and Jackie O show, an Australian morning radio program...and audio of their chat over dinner shows that the actress had more to say about the Met event.

[quote]After admitting that she’s had a martini and wine with no food, Paltrow, 40, responded to the hosts’ questions about her time at the ball. “Do you want me to be honest? It sucked … You always think, ‘oh my God this is going to be so glamorous and amazing’ and then you get there and it’s so hot, it’s so crowded, everyone is pushing you. This year it was really intense, it wasn’t fun,” she said.

[quote]Paltrow also commented on rapper Kanye West’s performance at the gala. “Kanye West was playing and he was furious, and he threw his microphone down. It was all drama,” she said.

[quote]Paltrow also didn’t appear to be fond of the event’s theme. “Everyone was dressed in punk which was — I feel like we’re all a bit old to be trying to dress punk, you know what I mean?” she said, adding that she went “kind of normal.”

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 14210/20/2013

The sanctimonious whore must've pissed off her publicist or this situation wouldn't have blown out of proportion.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 14310/20/2013

[quote] Why the hell would Jay-Z or any other rich guy want her if he could get younger, genuinely hotter blondes by the dozen any day of the week?

It has nothing to do with hotness. I am sure that it's more for the bragging rights of fucking a blonde, snooty Hollywood "princess" with a famous husband and an Academy Award.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 14410/20/2013

Gwyneth's dress at the Met Ball

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 14510/20/2013

The trashing began right after the Met Gala:

[quote] “Poor Gwyneth looked picture-perfect, but it must have been the hot lights that caused her to be a little strong on the nose. It was pretty pungent, and I don’t think she had a clue. I saw at least two people wave their hands in front of their noses after passing her.”

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 14610/20/2013

There were a lot of BI's about Jay-Z and Paltrow hooking up. Seemed more like a status-fuck than an I'd-really-like-to-hit-that fuck, neither one of them is hot.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 14710/20/2013

Ted C. said that she "baked Harvey chocolate chip cookies" in a somewhat BI years ago. Everyone took that to mean she gave him head in order to be his #1 pushed on everyone whoreactress.

BTW, this is somewhat o/t but Harvey's wives are incredibly beautiful, so I don't why he would forcibly job-rape these other women. He has a paid for hooker as a wife every time he gets married.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 14810/20/2013

And no one's mentioned that people were also steering clear away from Paltrow at the Ball because her BO stunk so badly?

Another reason she was probably miserable and didn't have any fun.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 14910/20/2013

Again, she's way past the "princess" stage at this point; he might as well fuck Meg Ryan. You seem to think he's some middle-aged Mandingo hungering after a wrinkled Miss Ann. At this stage in his life he's likely been there, done that many times, and I seriously doubt if Goopie would prove to be that kind of untouchable ivory Mt. Everest of his dreams now. Scarlett, Blake, maybe; Goopie . .. Uh, not so much.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 15010/20/2013

Maybe her sleeves are too tight

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 15110/20/2013

R150

Eh, you never know. He might get off on being able to get a pretentious bitch like Paltrow on her knees sucking his dick. There might be something satisfying in feeling like he's putting someone in their place. People have all sorts of weird fetishes and fantasies they'd love to play out. Just look at half the shit people on DL get off on.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 15210/20/2013

I think Jay-Z fucked Paltrow. There was way too much smoke for there not to be any fire. Why he fucked her is beyond my understanding.

Madge and Beyonce were thick as thieves at the Met Gala. Both of them shunned Gwynnie the entire evening.

Somewhere, Winona Ryder is laughing her ass off about all this. I wonder if she had a quiet word with the VF writer?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 15310/20/2013

Oh give us some Winona, please! That Oscar-stealing needs to come out in the open.

Plus, although she may be a very limited actress, Winona certainly had more of a place in 90s American cinema than Goop ever did.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 15410/20/2013

R87/R120 needs to look up the word "bullying," preferably immediately after taking a big bite of a wormy rottweiler's stool.

'kay?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 15510/20/2013

Looks like they had Paltrow's personality pegged way back then...

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 15610/20/2013

[quote]It was pretty pungent, and I don’t think she had a clue.

I can't imagine it... I assumed there'd be trained parakeets dropping violets in the bath 24/7.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 15710/20/2013

Affairs, meh. If Vanity Fair really wanted to do a takedown, they'd start with Gwyneth's endorsement of her no-necked personal trainer, a huckster and fraud if there ever was one, who gives dangerous and just plain false diet and exercise advice and skipped out on a whole slew of bills back in her hometown. Lawsuits for hundreds of thousands, anyone?

Or maybe they could investigate who's behind Gwyneth's lifestyle queen makeover and why it's basically self-parody? Or what's up with Gwyneth's eating habits, since she looks skinnier than her usual skinny as a stick and swings between embracing junk food and publishing crap about macrobiotic diets, food intolerances, undiagnosed food allergies...eating disorder, big time.

Also fun could be popping the Gwyneth-as-intellectual bubble. She didn't last a year at UC Santa Barbara, the TAs remembered her as a poor student, and she had to have a pretty crappy record at Spence for a UC school to be her best option. It's a good system, but with an old NYC private school background it's a letdown. She has no grounds to mock anyone for an interest in Juicy jeans. If she's finished a book in the last ten years I'd be stunned.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 15810/20/2013

Look up, R149.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 15910/20/2013

If she really banged that millionaire or JayZ she has very, very bad taste in men. And I would also go to every length to cover that up. I mean she never made really great choices but Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck at least were pretty, pretty douches but pretty.

Maybe she is having an affair with somebody else, and her and VF are in agreement to not uncover the real affair. VF can create some buzz and sell some magazines, Goop can deny everything and keep the real affair to herself!

Hmmmm .........

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 16010/20/2013

Having an affair or an open marriage is not what makes GP a cunt. It's everything else.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 16110/20/2013

R141

I find Jay very off putting, the guy was a drug dealer and he stabbed a person. Beyonce is a dumb needy girl. I bet their relationship only exists on paper. Why Goop is friends with those two, I have no idea.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 16210/20/2013

She is no longer friends with them, R162, at least she's no longer friends with Beyonce.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 16310/20/2013

Seriously R162? He is a guy that grew up the projects, sure his early life was involved with the drug game but the whole point is that he used music to build a different life for himself so he didn't end up dead or in prison. Something he was absurdly successful at obviously.

I'm not even some huge fan but I think it is an empowering story.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 16410/20/2013

I don't know anything about him, other than he's a rap mogul and married to Beyonce.

There was some speculation that he's the mastermind behind some scary shit that goes on in the rap world but I have no idea if it's true. Anyone who calls himself "Hova" (for Jehovah) has some issues.

JayZ must have a lot of time on his hands if he bothered to fuck Gwyneth Paltrow.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 16510/20/2013

Anybody who teams up with Timberjoke is as low brow as they come. I wouldn't be surprised if JayZ has some major shit in the closet.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 16610/20/2013

You're not in better graces here, loony-tunes at R169.

The Goopers called you here to derail the thread about their cunt princess.

Don't even think about it.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 17010/20/2013

I wonder if there's going to be any dirt revealed on that poxy website of hers. I assume that she's taking payments to promote her "must have" item of the day (or however she structures it).

Goop, Princess of Product Placement - hardly seems like that's what she had in mind.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 17110/20/2013

What is Anjelica's take on Meryl Streep and DDL?

Isabelle Adjani (DDL's ex) always struck me as odd and was purported to be into black magic. What's the scoop there?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 17210/20/2013

If you want a witch thread, tell me and I'll start one for you. I'll disguise it as an Anjelica thread or some such bullshit.

You will not derail this Paltrow thread. You will leave this Paltrow thread alone.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 17410/20/2013

Goop recommends that you iron your face.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 17510/20/2013

I thought she'd kind of shut up about her marriage and husband but apparently not.

She was on the cover of an Australian magazine in September and inside she does the whole wifey and mommy thing. She says that the two of them always laugh at the same jokes. Somehow I doubt he'll be laughing when this Vanity Fair article comes out.

On second thought, he's probably not laughing with her now.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 17610/20/2013

Paltrow fucked around on Pitt with a co-star while filming Sliding Doors in England. Fidelity doesn't seem to mean much to her.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 17710/20/2013

It's never meant much to Pitt either, but I guess he dumped Paltrow over it.

Must be the old double standard. He could cheat, she couldn't.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 17810/20/2013

I don't know about that, R179. It's funny. People can put up with all kinds of shit behind closed doors. But when it becomes public, widely known, things are different. Then it's a public embarrassment and egos get involved.

I have felt that Chris and Gwyneth have led separate lives off and on for years. But whatever they're doing, it's working for them, or it was until now.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 18010/20/2013

I doubt a vile slam piece is what breaks them up. They cared shit about what the press thinks of them nor have they ever marketed their relationship or their kids to the press for PR. (unlike Affleck/Garner, Berry, Witherspoon, JLo and the like)

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 18110/21/2013

Why do you people give a shit about a "B" list actress that hasn't made a movie in years?

Jesus Fucking Christ, get OVER it!

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 18210/21/2013

Did she even last a semester R158? And Michael Douglas had to pull strings to get her in there.

The GwynHate goes back years and years, this is an oldie but goodie.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 18310/21/2013

Yes, R158, but how do you really feel about her?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 18410/21/2013

My idea about her fucking Jay-Z is that there was pot, they were alone in a room, and she wanted to try something very very VERY different than she's ever tried. I think it was a mutual thing too, but obviously didn't last.

I also think she's racist as hell. She has NO black friends anymore as seen at her garden party. No Latinos. Nothing. No one that is not 100% white.

I think the only ethnic people she knows are the help - the nannies, the cooks, the servants.

This is not overt racism, just the covert kind that Northerners in particular are experts at.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 18510/21/2013

Mark my words, this "takedown" will be as anticlimactic as the Y2K bug.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 18610/21/2013

This is epic because it's a winner-takes-all fight to the death. Either GOOP will be completely destroyed and become a pariah in Hollywood or, if the takedown fails, VF will essentially be done and occupy the space between 'People' and 'The National Enquirer'.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 18710/21/2013

I think it will harm them both, R187, to varying degrees. I haven't real impressed with Vanity Fair lately. Their covers say it all.

One thing I will safely predict, is that Gwyneth will be encouraged by her PR to recover from this quickly, and we'll see photos of her out with Chris, out with her kids, out with "friends." They will try to get her the kind of exposure they give to Jennifer Gardner. "Try" being the operative word.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 18810/21/2013

R186 has it right. And I agree about the witchy aspect not bothering the thread. I simply responded because asked. And that is all I shall say on it.

As R186 says, this is all going to blow over - what will be said will be things already said everywhere else. The only difference is that it will be said in VF. No minds will be changed, they'll post photos of Gwyn that make her, in her eyes, look good, and it will all pass over.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 18910/21/2013

Brand manipulation

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 19010/21/2013

But whose brand, R190?

Is it Graydon manipulating VF's brand? The Cruise/Scientology take-down and the Pitt/WWZ take-down were both "un-VF-like" but he ran them and they garnered a lot of attention. Now a Paltrow take-down, also getting a lot of attention.

I think she's weak, already widely hated, 40 years old and has alienated everyone who could have helped her by being such a loathsome cunt.

I haven't paid any attention to VF in years. I'm paying attention now. Anecdotal, obviously, but I'm not the only one.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 19110/21/2013

Ahem. 41.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 19210/21/2013

What's significant about the recent articles about Cruise, Pitt, and now Paltrow is that they were all VF darlings who used to get flattering, sometimes fawning stories and covers to coincide with their projects. All magazine circulation has dropped drastically, so VF is taking another approach -- a more negative one -- to attract attention and readership and it is working. I don't know how the WW Z article was received, but Cruise and now Goop are getting a lot of buzz.

I wonder if this will hurt the magazine in the long run. Will publicists stop looking to VF as a PR outlet for their clients? The Hollywood glamour stuff that the magazine sells helps to finance their investigative pieces, which are still excellent. (read the one about the poor Goldman-Sachs programmer who got railroaded into jail by the company for no other reason than they could.)

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 19310/21/2013

Radar says that she was having an affair/fucking some literary guy.

[quote]Star magazine also claimed that Paltrow carried on an affair with a prominent literary figure, but quashed the story after receiving a threatening legal letter from her attorney.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 19410/21/2013

[quote] Paltrow reportedly feuded with Kate Moss in May 2012, when she told the model that she worked out so she wouldn’t look like her when she got old. In response, the Brit allegedly threw a handful of french fries at Paltrow and screamed, “Eat some f*****g carbs!”

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 19510/21/2013

I wonder if it's that married literary guy in NY who an affair with the married pregnant socialite. DL had an extensive thread about these folks and the cuckold.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 19610/21/2013

[quote]14. Paltrow’s diva behavior even extends to the gym, according to one report. “Before she showered, Gwyneth makes someone go into the stall and wipe the entire shower dry!” a source told Life & Style. She also reportedly makes her gym keep Smart Water in stock just for her.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 19710/21/2013

[quote]15. Paltrow has repeatedly lied about her smoking habit, saying both that she smokes once a week, and also that she only smokes at parties. So which is it? Neither answer jives with her super-healthy image.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 19810/21/2013

[quote]21. The diet queen has been criticized for practically starving her children after she admitted that her strict no-carb and no-wheat diet sometimes leaves her kids “with that specific hunger.”

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 19910/21/2013

Gwyneth wishes she looked like Kate.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 20010/21/2013

[quote] Paltrow reportedly feuded with Kate Moss in May 2012, when she told the model that she worked out so she wouldn’t look like her when she got old.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 20110/21/2013

Ghostwriter wrote the book.

[quote]. The New York Times accused Paltrow of hiring a ghostwriter, Julia Turshen, for her cookbook, My Father’s Daughter, but she insists she “wrote every word” herself.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 20210/21/2013

She fucked everyone to get famous.

[quote] The New York Post also claims the article could explore Paltrow’s casting couch experiences. She once admitted, “When I was starting out, someone suggested we finish a meeting in the bedroom. I left. I was pretty shocked.”

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 20310/21/2013

Everyone hates her in HW & the public hates her. She beat Anne Hathaway as most hated.

[quote]28. Paltrow beat Anne Hathaway and others in a Star magazine poll of Hollywood’s Most Hated celebrities. Which of her fellow A-listers could spill the beans on why she won the title?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 20410/21/2013

When Vanity Fair keeps company with Radar and Star, that's nothing to brag about. They did a cover story on Jay Z this month, and it was the most flattering, fawning bullshit I've read lately.

When they fawn over Kate Upton, Taylor Swift and use the transparent bullshit about Diana's "true love" to attract readership, they are really hitting bottom, IMO. VF used to be a leader in terms of style, and social and cultural history, and they were topical. Ahead of the curve.

I used to love their art and architecture pieces, the interesting people they'd cover, and I'm always fascinated by the super wealthy estates and lifestyle pieces.

Also loved the high society scandals, usually involving murder, incest, extortion or fraud. But now, they are sinking with this pop culture garbage, and honestly, the National Enquirer does it better. Are they trying to be People Magazine only dirtier?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 20510/21/2013

Paltrow stoled the "Shakespeare in Love" script from Winona Ryder. Resulting in Winona Ryder losing the Oscar winning role.

Gwyneth never fooled me, I always thought she was fake.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 20610/21/2013

[quote]Are they trying to be People Magazine only dirtier?

They've always been People Magazine only dirtier and glitzier. At least that's what they've been ever since I can remember and I'm old.

What's new is that they are willing to target fading stars and do these hard pieces on them (Cruise, Pitt, Paltrow). As a choice of direction to take in order to bring back readership, I like it.

Dominick Dunne and Christopher Hitchens are sorely missed. At least they're missed by me.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 20710/21/2013

Has anyone ever outright asked her or Winona about the Shakespeare in Love scandal? Like in an interview?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 20810/21/2013

205, you are totally full of it.

[quote]Also loved the high society scandals, usually involving murder, incest, extortion or fraud. But now, they are sinking with this pop culture garbage

How do you know it's not a high society scandal, involving murder, incest, extortion or fraud?

Why is an article about GP "pop culture garbage?"

If she blew Harvey Weinstein to break into the business, then that's a high society SEX scandal!! Exactly what you LOVE about VF. Remember??

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 20910/21/2013

Elle McPherson lives in London. That's probably why gwyneth moved to Los Angeles

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 21010/21/2013

R206 don't believe gossip as fact

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 21110/21/2013

[quote]Paltrow stoled the "Shakespeare in Love" script from Winona Ryder.

Oh, dear.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 21210/21/2013

R182

Iron Man 3 - 2013 Thanks for Sharing - 2013 Avengers - 2012 Contagion - 2011 Country Strong - 2010 Iron Man 2 - 2010

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 21310/21/2013

I doubt they have some major shit on her. Exposing an affair that might have happened in 2008 is hardly explosive or even interesting.

If anything, I think it might be damaging to VF if they go down the low brow route of digging up private stuff. If the affair really happened it clearly didn't undo their marriage.

I personally find it all pretty distasteful.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 21410/21/2013

No, R209, I'm not totally full of it. I miss Dominic Dunne and Christopher Hitchens, too. I guess what I mean is, the old Vanity Fair use to enlarge and expand my world, and this one simply covers the same bullshit I an get in some form or other in almost any tabloid. Vanity Fair's trashy gossip used to be high class garbage.

The stuff I've seen in the past dozen or so issues is just not all that. Maybe I'm too old to appreciate Kate Upton. I mean, who gives a shit. I'd much rather read something salacious about the royals in Monaco. Dominic Dunne had some juicy stories about New York and European high society.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 21510/21/2013

I don't think I've really liked Vanity Fair since Tina Brown left, although I loved Graydon's writing about W.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 21610/21/2013

R212, she meant to say that she stooled on the script. That is English for taking a shit.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 21710/22/2013

How could she have stolen the 'Shakespeare in Love' role by swiping the script if she wasn't being considered already? Winona is just bitter because she lost the role.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 21810/22/2013

Were the Cruise and Pitt take-downs damaging? Where can I read them? Did they get this same amount of buzz?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 21910/22/2013

[quote] Where can I read them?

Seriously?

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 22010/22/2013

I've never known whether the "Goop stole Shakespeare in Love from Winona" rumor was true or not.

Goop is a low-down dog. If she'd blow Harvey (which she did) and with all the other backstabbing, underhanded shit she's pulled, she's certainly capable of stealing a script from a friend, but did she?

Winona, bless her blackened heart, is capable of telling the biggest lies you've ever heard. She's NPD or BPD and hell on wheels but did she lie about this?

I don't know.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 22110/22/2013

I just know Shakespeare in Love is a terrible movie and I hate everyone in it. What's worse, that no-talent hack won an Oscar for it and cried about her grandpa onstage. Who gives a fuck???

Hopefully she'll be blown into oblivion pretty soon. She just doesn't have the talent to sustain older women roles, which are few and far between anyway.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 22210/22/2013

God, Goop at the Oscars was horrendous. That crap dress, those anti-tits, the obnoxious acceptance speech, it was all bad.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 22310/22/2013

Agreed, r223. I hated that pink gown, however, this was worse;quite possibly the ugliest dress I'ver seen at the Oscars and that's saying something.

Say what you will about Sally Kirkland but at least whatever she wore to the Academy Awards was so bad it was good. I miss her.

OT- to this day, my all time favorite look at the Oscars wasn't even a gown- it's the white suit/tuxedo that Angelina Jolie wore to present an award.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 22410/22/2013

I liked it much better than the pink atrocity, R224. I never understood the condemnation that Alexander McQueen dress received; I thought she looked quite elegant and less vanilla than usual.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 22510/22/2013

McQueen's vision for her should be considered in the context of his end.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 22610/22/2013

I have never understood the logic behind wearing a hideous dress. I understand the rationale, but it fails to consider that people don't say 'I saw another picture of Goop' they say 'did you see Goop in that awful fucking dress?' It is not true that all publicity is good publicity. People may not think, but they react, and it doesn't take long to react to an awful fucking dress.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 22710/22/2013

Her makeup was godawful, and going braless was a terrible mistake; the dress itself was fine.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 22810/22/2013

She should have worn that ugly black thing to the "punk fashion" Met Gala. It would have been appropriate and maybe her BO wouldn't have been so bad.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 22910/22/2013

Yes, R229, and she could proudly go braless with her newly remodelled tits!

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 23010/22/2013

[quote]Were the Cruise and Pitt take-downs damaging?

The Cruise takedown was misleading in that the issue came out at the time Katie Holmes filed for divorce. She was on the cover, right? But the article inside barely mentioned their marriage and not the divorce at all.

It did have a lot of info of the cult and an amusing story on trying to find a suitable girlfriend for Cruise amongst the ranks of devotees.

At the time I was more interested in the details of the Katie/Tom split though.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 23110/22/2013

Even if I grant that the black McQueen gown itself isn't the problem, still, I don't know of any actress that could make that thing look good.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if this occurred earlier, but I remember reading that this gown was the cause of every stylist insisting that his or her client try the dress on so they could be vidiotaped to see how it wold look on TV.

All I know is that when she walked out on stage, my draw dropped because she looked spectacularly bad.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 23210/22/2013

Della is a woman and THE Brangelina Loony Toons here on DL. Sad. She's a granny age or ggm age which fits the typical profile of a Brangelunatic.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 23310/22/2013

WTF are you talking about, R233? M is the Angbot, not Della.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 23410/22/2013

Isn't Della a lesbian? I always envisioned a later period Maureen Stapleton type.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 23510/22/2013

r234 check out Della's post at r224 - not the first time she's carried water or admitted she LOVED old gross Angie.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 23610/22/2013

I couldn't believe the ill fitting pink dress she wore when she got the Oscar. It highlighted her droopy little boobs.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 23710/22/2013

Banana titties

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 23810/22/2013

Se din't have no tits in the pink dress she wore when she won. Not even a blistering nipple. Girl was flat. The fried eggs were on the McQueen Goth concoction when she was braless. As I recall.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 23910/22/2013

RDJ loves her for sure!

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 24010/22/2013

What does liking Angie have to do with Paltrow? She cheated on Pitt with her co-star in Sliding Doors. Angie had nothing to do with their break-up. It's Jennifer Garner who hates the Goopster. She doesn't trust her and dislikes her more than she does J-Lo. Maybe because she knows Paltrow doesn't have any scruples when it comes to her own marital fidelity. And wouldn't a role in an Academy Award winning director's next film do wonders for her career? And stop talking shit about Della.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 24110/23/2013

Thanks r241.

On occasion, I've had the temerity to make the obvious observation that Jolie's stardom is at greater level than Aniston's.

As a result, my stalker's cheese slips way off the cracker.

Anyway, I agree with the previous poster who said that the article itself will be meh.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 24210/23/2013

Jennifer Garner does not like Goop, because Goop cheated on Ben and Ben cheats on Garner all the time. Garner's only career revolves around shoving her kids in front of the pap lenses 24/7. At least Goop manages to set up a thriving business without exploiting her private life.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 24310/24/2013

[quote]At least Goop manages to set up a thriving business without exploiting her private life.

I just talk about my unkept pussy hair.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 24410/24/2013

Goop v. Garner?

Oy.

I loathe and despise both of them. Throw in JLo and it's a real hate-fest.

It's almost enough to make me feel sorry for Ben Affleck. But not quite.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 24510/24/2013

R162 suffers the American Disease, r164. You can't reason with it--just let it go.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 24610/24/2013

Word is the article has barely anything in it and will make Vanity Fair look cheap.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 24710/24/2013

Paltrow dumped Pink as a BFF due to Goop's jealousy.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 24810/24/2013

R247 = unpaid Goop intern

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 24910/24/2013

R202

You can hardly call it GHOSTwriter when Paltrow acknowledges Turshen's collaboration in the books for(or after)words.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 25010/24/2013

r247 here. I got that from someone at VF. Yes indeed.

by Chris Martin's reduced alimony paymentsreply 25110/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.