Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Romeo and Juliet

The play is getting panned and so is the latest remake with Hailee Steinfeld...story even resonate with people anymore? I can stomach loosely based interpretations like Pretty In Pink...but I've always hated the story as a whole.

Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 610/19/2013

There are currently 2 stage versions in NYC (on Bway and off). Neither is very good. I didn't know they were doing a film version.

If you don't have 2 stellar, age-appropriate actors to do it... don't do it. It's too hard to do well, and an even harder sell to audiences.

by Anonymousreply 110/19/2013

Sampson and Delilah.

by Anonymousreply 210/19/2013

If I want to see Romeo and Juliet, I'll watch the 1968 Zeffirelli film version. It has youth, passion, good acting, fabulous cinematography, costumes, and music.

Spare from today's young actors' idea of "acting."

by Anonymousreply 310/19/2013

Gee, no love for Norma Shearer and Leslie Howard's version? What about "West Side Story", or "Brokeback Mountain"?

by Anonymousreply 410/19/2013

I don't think the unsuccessful current R&J's indicate anything about the merits of the play. Shitty productions of Shakespeare, stage and film, happen all the time.

by Anonymousreply 510/19/2013

I don't know who wrote this play, but I didn't understand one word. i was told it was in English. A rip-off.

by Anonymousreply 610/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.