Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

by Van Sweriganreply 711/05/2013

I grew up there 1975-1985. It was a great place then with the most beautiful grand homes you have ever seen. The place reeked of old money. The schools were amazing as well. There was a kid I went to school with, John Ratner, who's family owned the Front Row theatre. And I think they are the same Ratners of Madison Square Garden fame. Now, I don't live there. But when I do pass through it seems a ghost of itself. The beautiful homes are still there. But some valued in the millions in 1980 wer a mere 300k right after the crash.

by Van Sweriganreply 110/19/2013

Is Shaker Heights still Jewish?

by Van Sweriganreply 210/19/2013

East side snobs. Big fish in a small, polluted pond. Got their asses handed to them when they got to NY or Chicago.

by Van Sweriganreply 310/19/2013

I'm glad Shaker Heights will remain as it was the last time I was there in 1973.

I've always had a soft spot for the Cleveland area. Some of the people I care most about came from Cleveland.

You can still tell that at one time, Cleveland was a very big city. Their expressways remind me of Chicago.

by Van Sweriganreply 410/19/2013

It's God's curse for the Incest Twins who started it! To be Cleveland and Cleveland Heights adjacent forever!

by Van Sweriganreply 510/19/2013

Is the cheez whiz factory still in operation? When I used to visit there in the 80s there was a stretch of the expressway that ran through or adjacent to some old, old factories that looked really cool I thought.

by Van Sweriganreply 610/19/2013

I can't imagine Shaker Heights being run down.

by Van Sweriganreply 711/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!