Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

SHAKER HEIGHTS 50 YEARS OF DECAY

Discuss

by Van Sweriganreply 711/05/2013

I grew up there 1975-1985. It was a great place then with the most beautiful grand homes you have ever seen. The place reeked of old money. The schools were amazing as well. There was a kid I went to school with, John Ratner, who's family owned the Front Row theatre. And I think they are the same Ratners of Madison Square Garden fame. Now, I don't live there. But when I do pass through it seems a ghost of itself. The beautiful homes are still there. But some valued in the millions in 1980 wer a mere 300k right after the crash.

by Van Sweriganreply 110/19/2013

Is Shaker Heights still Jewish?

by Van Sweriganreply 210/19/2013

East side snobs. Big fish in a small, polluted pond. Got their asses handed to them when they got to NY or Chicago.

by Van Sweriganreply 310/19/2013

I'm glad Shaker Heights will remain as it was the last time I was there in 1973.

I've always had a soft spot for the Cleveland area. Some of the people I care most about came from Cleveland.

You can still tell that at one time, Cleveland was a very big city. Their expressways remind me of Chicago.

by Van Sweriganreply 410/19/2013

It's God's curse for the Incest Twins who started it! To be Cleveland and Cleveland Heights adjacent forever!

by Van Sweriganreply 510/19/2013

Is the cheez whiz factory still in operation? When I used to visit there in the 80s there was a stretch of the expressway that ran through or adjacent to some old, old factories that looked really cool I thought.

by Van Sweriganreply 610/19/2013

I can't imagine Shaker Heights being run down.

by Van Sweriganreply 711/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.