Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ow.I took a nasty fall in my house last night trying to change a light bulb.

I have a house with rather tall ceilings. The recessed flood over the kitchen sink was out. I've got one of those light changer poles and was able to get the dead bulb out, but couldn't get the new one in.

The back story is that I have a neurological tremor disorder which also affects my sense of balance. So being the rocket scientist I am, I got a kitchen chair to try to put the bulb in myself. To make things more humiliating, I have a handyman who I had in to fix some pesky problems. I also tried to change some outdoor bulbs myself and almost fell off the ladder. I felt dumb asking if he could change the bulbs.

Needless to say, I fell and crashed first into the granite ledge pass through to the dining room. Right at the edge and onto my chest. Then fell on the kitchen sink faucet basically fucking it up.

I stayed there on the kitchen sink for maybe five minutes and managed to crawl off. I went to my doctor this morning and learned that I bruised my ribs but didn't break any.

The point of this thread is that I am a ninny and a moron. Oh, and aspirin works.

by Anonymousreply 1010/20/2013

Was that when you came up with the idea for the Flux Capacitor?

by Anonymousreply 110/20/2013

WHAT ABOUT THE LIGHT BULB?!!

by Anonymousreply 210/20/2013

Next time you try to change a lightbulb, can I have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 310/20/2013

I tried using those lightbulb changing poles, and you`re right takes forever and requires at least 5 poles.

One to hold the bulb in place and 4 to turn the ladder.

by Anonymousreply 410/20/2013

Let's hear some changing light bulb jokes, people! STAT!

by Anonymousreply 510/20/2013

Me: How many Vietnam vets does it take to change a light bulb?

You: I don't know, how--

ME [interrupting]: YOU DON'T KNOW, MAN! YOU WEREN'T THERE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 610/20/2013

You're doing better than I OP...at least you have high ceilings,recessed cans and granite...all my ceilings are standard height,I have hideous flourescents from the 80s and simulated butcher block Formica.

by Anonymousreply 710/20/2013

How many lesbians does it take to change a lightbulb ?

15, one to change the bulb and 14 others to form a support group where they blame it on misogynist bastard who designed the lightbulb as a tool of the patriarchy to oppress womyn.

by Anonymousreply 810/20/2013

R1, I know this is pedantic, but flux capacitors really exist in the electronic world. Capacitors are two dielectric materials separated by a space between which an electric potential exists, and flux merely means "changing". So, the electric potential between the two halves of the capacitor changes.

Aren't you glad you didn't have to spend $20,000 in tuition to learn that?

Buy me a beer.

by Anonymousreply 910/20/2013

LOL, R8

by Anonymousreply 1010/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.