Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Exhibit A: DL Misogyny From a recent thread: "Our disgust of cuntery is from a detached (thankfully) perspective. . .

. . . And what I see is the unbearable agony cunts have in not being able to control, entice or fool gay men, because we have no use for the ridiculous wares they attempt to control their world with.

"What DOES one make of a subspecies that cannot abide its own form, it's own appearance, its own hair color? (Oh, I suppose that plenty of men have issues, but with women it is almost universal. How many women over 30 do you know who has [sic] her own hair color? Absurd, these insane messes screeching that we owe them something like allegiance when they call food "sinful" and have 'guilt' over it."

by Anonymousreply 20709/03/2014

Cut? Uncut?

by Anonymousreply 1109/01/2014

[quote]Really, why does not one ever object to the use of "frau" and "cunt" and "fish" on this board? People use those words repeatedly, and no one ever objects.

What board are you reading, hon? People here object to it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 1409/01/2014

My pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 1909/01/2014

[quote]Eradicate the homophobia here, generated by straight women

The homophobic trolls are not the straight ladies.

Sure, there are some straight women on the gossip threads who say really clueless things. You will get no argument from me on that. In my 12-ish years here, though, I've only seen one of those women turn into a monster when called on it.

The REAL trouble are the Republican and anti-gay trolls. You see them in Chick-Fil-A posts, almost anything political, all over the Isra*l posts, etc.

When people slam the clueless het women in gossip threads [italic]as they are being homophobic[/italic], I have no problem with it. But to claim there is a scourge of straight homophobic women when there isn't, and then say being a sexist 24/7 is justified because of that? That's stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2409/01/2014

I'm offended by it unless it's directed at someone who said something homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 2509/01/2014

This isn't a racially denoted site r27, it is a gay site.

Invalid comparison

by Anonymousreply 3209/01/2014

Not unreasonable people, R33, one unreasonable person. It's the same guy who loses his shit every single time there's a thread like this. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts these threads himself out of boredom.

by Anonymousreply 3809/01/2014

[quote]Okay, I'm arguing with unreasonable people.

Then stop doing it.

by Anonymousreply 4109/01/2014

Mary! Get over it, sensitive boy. "You're... shocked?" - Eileen Brennan.

Glad you adore all those strong honorable women because they do not give a fuck about you. You're an accessory, no doubt. A hip distraction until the hubby and kids come along.

by Anonymousreply 4309/01/2014

She's baaaa-aaaaack!!!

by Anonymousreply 4409/01/2014

Straight women are innocuous . They pose no threat. They have their own battles to fight. My only problem with them is their hair and makeup. I would just love to style them.

by Anonymousreply 5009/01/2014

Well, I'm a straight woman. I don't think I post anything homophobic and I hardly ever see anything homophobic - but then I don't go on the hot man gossip threads, so I might miss it all. I see a bit of misogyny, but wouldn't you expect at least some anti-straight/anti-women feeling on a gay messageboard?

OP, you might get more out of being here if you just developed a thicker skin and let the odd insult or two pass instead of creating whole threads TELLING gay men how they should run and police their own board. Can you not see how obnoxious that is? And, more to the point, how unlikely it is such a tactic will prove successful?

by Anonymousreply 5109/01/2014

Some of my favorite people are women.

Marilu Henner, Lily Tomlin, Mother Theresa, AnnE, Andrea Martin, Hillary etc.

by Anonymousreply 5309/01/2014

No, dear. I don't expect gay men to be uniform. I expect there to be a range of opinion. I am not surprised if some DL members express a desire for a gay-only board while others do not. I don't expect gay men to hold opinions I tell them to hold.

I consider misogynistic slurs to be rude. But then, I also hold homophobic, racist, anti-Semitic, Islamophobic and all other generalising slurs to be rude. Personally, I try not to be rude. Hopefully, I succeed. But if anything characterises DL as much as it being a gay board, it's that it is combative in tone. Half the slurs we see aren't even meant; they're just intended to make people lose their shit.

By going at it like a bull in a china shop, you're really not going to get anyone here to hang their head in shame at their misogynistic ways. Including me.

by Anonymousreply 5509/01/2014

[quote]That is what I believe.

You're dumber than I thought. Calling a heterosexual person a name is not homophobic. Gay men are not women. Period.

by Anonymousreply 5609/01/2014

I think a little prozac would do wonders for you people.

by Anonymousreply 5709/01/2014

There are some truly misogynistic gay men, but when it comes to sexism, nobody is worse than the dykes. They hate men, all men, with a passion. Go read their 40+ page thread over at Lchat entitled "I genuinely hate men". I trust straight and bi women more than man-hating dykes any day.

by Anonymousreply 5809/01/2014

[quote]Half the slurs we see aren't even meant; they're just intended to make people lose their shit.

HOw do you know this for certain?

by Anonymousreply 5909/01/2014

[quote]I trust straight and bi women more than man-hating dykes any day.

Then find ones that aren't man-hating. I got along well with lesbians at the book store I volunteered at when I came out.

by Anonymousreply 6009/01/2014

I don't. Just observation. DL appears to me to have a goodly number of people that love a good argument and will niggle and stir in order to get one. For me, that's a good thing! I don't mean it in a pejorative way.

by Anonymousreply 6209/01/2014

R61 You don't win an argument by changing the terms. We're talking about interactions on a messageboard - and a messageboard intended to be a home for a particular subset of people. To my mind, if you're not in that subset - GAY MEN - you're a guest. And, as a guest, you don't tell the membership what they should or shouldn't do or say. If you don't like the overall tone, either go away or approach things in a less didactic way.

by Anonymousreply 6309/01/2014

[quote]Then find ones that aren't man-hating.

That's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Besides, it's not worth my time. I have no time for dykes. Most miserable people on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 6609/01/2014

Because homophobia is worse than racism and misogyny because it affects men and women of all races.

by Anonymousreply 6709/01/2014

[quote]a culture that hates women is sure to hate men who have sex with men

True...but not if the men are powerful,masculine and dominant.

by Anonymousreply 6909/01/2014

[quote]Wow, you indict yourselves, you women-hating racist self-loathing homophobes, every word you type.

Come off it. I never said racism and misogyny weren't bad—of course they are—only that homophobia is an attack on a larger spectrum of the population.

by Anonymousreply 7009/01/2014

[quote]Gay men, rather than having contempt for women, should be running, running to join forces with women at every possible opportunity, if for no other reason than the fact that homophobia is a subcategory of misogyny

Feminists don't give a fuck about gay men, so why should we run to join them? The most militant feminists are dykes and their only concern is advancing rights and privileges of women and promoting hatred of men. Feminists hate gay men as much as they hate straight men. They can solve their own problems.

by Anonymousreply 7109/01/2014

That'll keep you busy, R73. I conserve my anti-misogyny energy for my professional and personal life. Fighting anonymous nuts online is a waste of energy.

by Anonymousreply 7509/01/2014

[quote]True...but not if the men are powerful,masculine and dominant.

by Anonymousreply 7609/01/2014

I'm on the OP = impressionable college girl bandwagon. Ignore.

by Anonymousreply 7809/01/2014

Do you have an hobbies you could pursue so you wouldn't have to spill all your bile on DL r79?

by Anonymousreply 8009/01/2014

maybe bile was too harsh. I meant something else you enjoy doing instead of internet patrolling?

by Anonymousreply 8209/01/2014

OP switched IPs (or maybe got on his phone) to evade trolldar. Nice try, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8309/01/2014

If this is really the sort of thing that occupies your mind, OP, please seek help. I can't imagine you to be a happy, successful person with friends, lovers…..or even any sort of real human contact. I pity you.

by Anonymousreply 8709/01/2014

Where is the thread the unhinged OP is supposedly quoting from?

by Anonymousreply 8909/01/2014

Is OP trans? That would explain his/her confusion over gender and the seething anger and need to control everything we do and say.

The only women I pick on are fraus and really, not all women are frauen and really, frauen deserve it. It's the entitlement and I'm just as happy to make fun of the "herrs" as well.

Someday, we should talk about gay fraus. They are just as bad and sources of my endless contempt. You know the type of guys I mean.

by Anonymousreply 9009/01/2014

It's never a good idea to go off your meds on a long weekend, as OP has amply proven to us these last two days.

by Anonymousreply 9109/01/2014

[quote]This site is completely happy to allow you to say "cunt" and "frau" and "fish."

I like to say "cunt." There's nowhere else I can say it out loud. However, I use "dick" as an insult just as often. In fact, I find "dick" a more insulting thing to call someone than "cunt."

"Frau" is different. It describes a much smaller, and much more singular, cohort of straight women here, who think their life experience, [italic]especially their sexual experience[/italic], is going to be of equal interest to the gay men who, I hope, predominate here, as hearing about a male-male sexual experience would be.

Hint: It isn't.

"Fish" is something I eat for dinner. It's the only time I use the word.

by Anonymousreply 9309/01/2014

LOLOL, R79. Your "erect penis?" The overwhelming majority of gay guys/males/men posting on this board would refer to an "erect penis" as a hard cock. Did you learn that term in Health class?

Oh, and quit referring to posters as "pal." You don't sound like a gay male at.all. You sound like a C-List actor in a 1930's crime drama.

See? You're not even in class, yet I learned you something today. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 9809/01/2014

[quote]You sound like a C-List actor in a 1930's crime drama.

Which are watched mainly by middle aged fraus and gay men these days.

by Anonymousreply 9909/01/2014

It's a LITTLE late to start demanding DL adhere to your social ethos. We've been saying these words for years and we have mercy on no one, least of all ourselves. Sorry this isn't Tumblr, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 10409/01/2014

r103 - "me, me, me, etc"

by Anonymousreply 10509/01/2014

Could someone please point me to the thread (which I'm betting is non-existent) from where the troll OP pulled the quote?

by Anonymousreply 10609/01/2014

Is it this thread, R106, post 142?

by Anonymousreply 10709/01/2014

Wait, the OP is bitching about a thread that's a year old? Yeah, you're nuts.

by Anonymousreply 10809/01/2014

[quote]Wait, the OP is bitching about a thread that's a year old? Yeah, you're nuts.

Yes, it's the same moron from the Jennifer Lawrence thread saying "gay men" like to be fisted and degraded, so we cannot judge Jennifer Lawrence. When hardly anyone said anything bad about her. The OP is a nuts and a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 10909/01/2014

[quote]As a young woman

We are really not interested in what a young woman thinks of our site. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 11109/01/2014

Ok, ok we're ALL victims here.

by Anonymousreply 11309/01/2014

[quote]since the fight for gay rights and the fight for women's rights is pretty much the same fight.

No it isn't. Women have every single legal right that a man in the US has. They're fighting about things like "slut shaming", fat women acceptance, creepy men staring at them when they have their tits hanging out of their dress, etc. The gay rights movement is actually fighting for legal rights.

by Anonymousreply 11409/01/2014

What R114 said.

by Anonymousreply 11509/01/2014

[quote]You should be, since the fight for gay rights and the fight for women's rights is pretty much the same fight.

You're wrong. Goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 11609/01/2014

[quote]It's really tragic how many of you are willing to defend this board contemptuous treatment of women.

It's even more tragic how little you, as a gay man, value your own sex.

by Anonymousreply 11909/01/2014

'Fish' LOL

Maybe L Chat fuckers will now start referring to random males as 'cheese'?

Cheesy balls. Cheesy bell end.

You firm of helmets ha ha ha ha ha

by Anonymousreply 12009/01/2014

I eat shir.

by Anonymousreply 12209/01/2014

[quote]You need to read my posts more carefully.

No, we don't. You need to recognize that everyone is not going to agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 12309/01/2014

What R123 said. If you dish out insults to those who disagree with you, you'd better be prepared to take them in return.

by Anonymousreply 12409/01/2014

[quote]I eat shir.

Oh, deat!

by Anonymousreply 12509/01/2014

eat shit stupid frau OP

by Anonymousreply 12609/01/2014

Misogyny is hatred of women. I do not hate all women, just the stupid, bigoted ones. Could you blame anyone for hating Anita Bryant or Michelle Bachmann?

by Anonymousreply 12809/01/2014

You sure are obsessed with women, even for a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 13209/01/2014

Why don't you take your tiresome pedantry to a group of heterosexual men who need to be taught this lesson more than we do?

by Anonymousreply 13409/01/2014

[quote]Listen: you all are either emotionally disturbed, or

...or, YOU are the one who is emotionally disturbed. And it's pretty clear that it's you, not we, who are.

You take your own highly subjective opinions on morals as divine pronouncements, and you become furious when people do not agree with them and refer them back to things you've said (as if they were Holy Writ). You post repeatedly for hours on end to the same threads, and try as hard as you can to stir up shit. When people leave in disgust, you crow you've beaten them in argument and achieved moral victory, when all you've done is annoy people into leaving.

It genuinely sounds like you suffer from some sort of actual severe mood disorder, and you've clearly had some kind of breakdown this weekend on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 13609/01/2014

[quote]This is observable fact.

God, you're stupid. If you hate it so much just leave. Seriously.

This concept that 'women are our allies' is so silly. Get out in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 13809/01/2014

[quote]You sure are obsessed with women, even for a gay man.

That's because it's not a gay man. You can tell by "his" nasty posts about gay men wanting to be fisted and degraded and the snide "fleet enema" remark above.

by Anonymousreply 14009/01/2014

Don't be such a cunt op.

by Anonymousreply 14109/01/2014

by Anonymousreply 14309/02/2014

[quote]Plus, I was saying: people started getting judgey and tsk-tsk about JLaw's nude pics

No they weren't, you lying dumbfuck. There was nothing offensive until you jumped in with your shrieking about gay men being hypocrites who want to get fisted and degraded.

by Anonymousreply 14609/02/2014

[quote]Do you think straight men were going to just GIVE us those freedoms?!

No. We're going to take them. By force if necessary. And stop calling heterosexuals "straight."

[quote]There was nothing offensive until you jumped in with your shrieking about gay men being hypocrites who want to get fisted and degraded.

I agree, and furthermore, calling gay men misogynists is just another excuse to engage in gay-shaming, a sign of self-loathing.

by Anonymousreply 14909/02/2014

Why don't you go lecture straight guys. They're the ones who are actually oppressing both women and gay men.

by Anonymousreply 15009/02/2014

[quote]Why don't you go lecture straight guys.

Or our "allies", the lesbians over at LChat with their 40 page thread on why they hate men. Of course, that wouldn't work because the second he mentions he's a man they would ban his ass. His mentally ill hysteria is allowed here, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 15209/02/2014

You would rather accuse gay men of misogyny than stand up to homophobic women.

by Anonymousreply 15409/02/2014

Her posts were a load of donkey shite, r153.

by Anonymousreply 15609/02/2014

[quote]I'm willing to lie down in the street and block traffic

Please do it, right now. Preferably in front of a steamroller.

by Anonymousreply 16009/02/2014

you talk too much stupid frau OP

back to the kitchen, do something useful and for gods sake SHUT UPPPPPP!!!!

by Anonymousreply 16309/02/2014

I'm not offended by Jennifer Lawrence's nudes specifically, I'm more generally offended by ANYONE(who,ostensibly,might have a very real concern about privacy) would be STUPID and SELF-UNPROTECTIVE enough to give access to some, very possibly, short-term fuck buddy with no sense of discretion or empathy to such revealing and intimate images...let alone STORE them on what we all know to be,despite corporate claims to the contrary, an UNSECURED and readily HACKABLE Internet!

Now if one doesn't CARE if pix of one naked or with a dick in ones mouth are out there for all eternity then fuck me. But if you're an A-list,Oscar-winner? Use you damn head!

You would'nt have caught MERYL in that kind of partially self-created, compromising position.

by Anonymousreply 16409/02/2014

[quote]I'm calling you out on your misogyny, and asking you to take responsibility for the board's misogyny - to intervene against it.

And we have said no - NO means NO.

Now go away. t

by Anonymousreply 16609/02/2014

[quote]name a STRAIGHT MALE artist who would include a detail like that in one of HIS videos.

Macklemore's "Same Love"?

by Anonymousreply 16909/02/2014

yes, R167, Ariana Grande will save the gays.

You're such a troll.

She's just pandering to a built-in fan base, numnuts. Every trashy female pop star out there panders to 'the gays' because they make money from them.

by Anonymousreply 17009/02/2014

No female pop star with a huge gay fanbase has made an explicitly pro-gay song like Macklemore. Britney? Nope. Beyonce? Nope. Aguiera? Nope. Etc.

by Anonymousreply 17109/02/2014

Who the hell is Ariana Grande? Evidently she's not pandering enough.

by Anonymousreply 17309/02/2014

R172: Are you working undercover for an ex-gay ministry? You're utterly, utterly obsessed with women and misogyny to an unhealthy degree. We get the point, now do be kind and run and tell the people who actually are part of the patriarchy.

by Anonymousreply 17409/02/2014

[all posts by fucking cunt troll deleted.]

by Anonymousreply 17509/02/2014

R176 = DL's resident masochist.

Gay gossip, politics and pointless bitchery define this place. Misogyny is incidental at best. We just don't care about what you care about and you will never make us care about it. All it will accomplish is you screeching into the ether and getting your ass kicked over and over and over again. I suppose that's what you masochists look for in your online antics.

You know they have clubs for that sort of thing, or you could look on Craigslist.

by Anonymousreply 17709/02/2014

by Anonymousreply 17809/02/2014

R159: [quote]Okay, you women-haters. It's been an education talking to you! I hope you all get fucked really hard tonight by the straight guy you can't stop wanting, because gay men disgust you! Gotta do my homework, kisses all around.

Sorry OP but I can't find it in me to support someone who makes such a generalised attack, in such homophobic terms, on the broad range of DL users. Your arguments about misogyny on DL fail, due to your own attitude.

by Anonymousreply 18009/02/2014

R182, you are a sad, sick, obsessive, destructive and self-destructive individual. It's a shame that people like you are allowed free rein on the DL but that's the price we pay for our loose moderating structure.

I suppose it's worth it in the long run. You will eventually find another group to harass, you people always do.

by Anonymousreply 18309/02/2014

[quote]Macklemore's "Same Love"?

O.k. other than him.

by Anonymousreply 18509/02/2014

R184, despite your emphatic use of exclamation points, our discussion is at an end.

Now get some rest, dear, you've been hard at your obsessive harassment of everyone on the Datalounge all day and night. Surely your psychiatrist recommends a break now and then.

I have no problem allowing you to have the last word, please feel free to do so. I am aware that those with your particular mental illness need that.

by Anonymousreply 18609/02/2014

[quote]I don't hear a furious tone in my posts.

Then you are not listening. Not that anyone would blame you.

[quote]I thought the Fleet enema comment was funny! Where's your sense of humor!

You and “sense of humor”? No. Oxymoronic.

[quote]For Chrissake, I am a guy. I AM NOT A WOMAN. I AM A GUY. MAN, M-A-N.

Ooh. All caps. So it bothers you to be thought of as a woman. You sound, dare I say it? miso...oh, never mind.

[quote]Maybe you don't know what a sarcastic tone is. Or irony. Or overstatement.

Or maybe [italic]you[/italic] don’t. On second thought, I’ll give you “overstatement.”

by Anonymousreply 18809/02/2014

It's all a matter of "fuck the cunt" being meant literally or figuratively, and the tendency of many women to yell abuse if they don't like the opinions of men.

Yes. Fuck the cunts.

by Anonymousreply 19209/02/2014

Fighting misogyny doesn't give you the right to be a kick in the cunt or the dick or anything else. Protectionist movements tend to attract control freaks who piggyback on genuine issues. They can feel morally justified to demand and manipulate in the name of the control they lack over their own lives.

by Anonymousreply 19409/02/2014

Oh ffs OP, STFU. I'm a lesbian and I couldn't care less. I just laugh and roll my eyes when I read "cunt" or "frau". Seriously.. it comes with the territory of being on DL. Besides, I would never ask them to change for me.. why would they? It's primarily a GAY website for men. I don't get to have a saying in what goes on here, I don't think that would be fair. Sometimes you just gotta roll with it.. stop making it a big deal.

One last thing.. have you seen all the man hate on lesbian websites? This is nothing compared to that, trust me on this.

by Anonymousreply 19509/02/2014

by Anonymousreply 19709/02/2014

by Anonymousreply 19809/02/2014

For R182/R184

by Anonymousreply 19909/02/2014

stop feeding the troll i.e. R197 who's responsible for half of the stupid posts in this thread

by Anonymousreply 20009/02/2014

I smell

by Anonymousreply 20209/02/2014

What I've noticed is the powerful and obnoxious odor of mendacity in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 20309/02/2014

[quote]And yet there are no derogatory terms for straight men?

Asshole, prick, jerk, dick, douche, douche nozzle, asswipe, tool etc are primarily used to deride straight men. The only difference is that no one wails and bitches and moans about it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 20409/02/2014

[quote] What I've noticed is the powerful and obnoxious odor of mendacity in this thread.

No, that's just a ladyham in dire need of a douching.

by Anonymousreply 20509/02/2014

by Anonymousreply 20609/03/2014

shut up dumb frau cunt

by Anonymousreply 20709/03/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!