Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Santorum 'Will & Grace' Led to Destruction of Our Nation!

Will & Grace started us down this path, says former U.S. senator and onetime presidential aspirant Rick Santorum.

Legalizing same-sex marriage will be “the destruction of our republic,”

Due to the influence of that show and subsequent pop-culture phenomena, “the needle started to move,” he said.

He said young people are reluctant to speak out against marriage equality because they “have been beaten up” by those who consider such resistance an act of hate. He also predicted that Christian opposition to marriage equality will soon be suppressed as hate speech. “I don’t think the Supreme Court is going to tolerate and give tax-exempt status to haters,” he said.

While some are calling on Republicans to embrace marriage equality, Santorum said, “For the Republican Party to even contemplate going along with this is the destruction of our republic.”

by Anonymousreply 4210/20/2013

Can we officially declare him the Courtney Stodden of politics (but even less informed than her), since he's trying so desperately hard to get something, anything going?

It's really just so sad at this point. Why even bother reporting on anything this pathetic closet case has to say?

by Anonymousreply 110/18/2013

This man has to be joking around. This has to be "schtick". Didn't he "accidently" say that if you were religious you had low intelligence or something like that?

by Anonymousreply 210/18/2013

Attention Republicans, Rick Santorum is a homosexual, I repeat, Rick Santorum is a homosexual!

by Anonymousreply 310/18/2013

His statement just show how uneducated and misinformed he is. W&G was a mediocre comedy show, which had very little to do with Gay Rights Movement.

by Anonymousreply 410/18/2013

Vice President Joe Biden said the same thing about 'Will & Grace' but noted it as a good cultural pivot point.

by Anonymousreply 510/18/2013

Oh, for fucks sake. I am so tired of these mouthbreathing breeders. SHUT UP.

by Anonymousreply 610/18/2013

I hope he runs for president again. We need a few laughs and I love to deride this stupid bigoted self righteous asshole Christian. God hates this fucker.

by Anonymousreply 710/18/2013

Wow, as a gay man, I never realized the evils of homosexuality and how it is posed to destroy America! I'll never watch that anti-Christ TV show Will & Grace ever again!!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Rick Santorum! Continue spreading your message and changing people's minds!!!

by Anonymousreply 810/18/2013

Let me tell you about Deb Messing...

by Anonymousreply 910/18/2013

In all fairness, it was a really, really terrible show.

by Anonymousreply 1010/18/2013

No more "special rights" for straight people.

by Anonymousreply 1110/18/2013

But I thought that strong will power and actual grace are fundamental Christian tenets.

by Anonymousreply 1210/18/2013

I loathe this freak more than just about anybody. He reminds me of the Martin Sheen character in "The Dead Zone": total shapeshifting, evil opportunist.

May he drown in his own flopsweat.

by Anonymousreply 1310/18/2013

Lord, she's tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 1410/18/2013

a tv sitcom that lasted 8 years... but documented history dating the entire length of human history (and before), not so much?

Santorum has a sense of history that is absolutely infantile. nothing important happened unless it was during his life time. ass.

by Anonymousreply 1510/18/2013

Stop picking on us poor, defenseless straight, white Christians.

by Anonymousreply 1610/18/2013

Mom, at r17, I have something to tell you, and you're not going to be happy with it.

by Anonymousreply 1710/18/2013

Christ, this man is exhausting. He is obsessed with all things gay. I'M GAY and my friends are gay and he talks about more it than we do. C'mon Ricky, come out already. You will be happier, your tortured family will be happier.

by Anonymousreply 1810/18/2013

I think Mr. Santorum's views will lead to the destruction of the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 1910/18/2013

Next time he shoves a dildo up his ass I hope he doesn't think of me. But from the sound of things, he's probably picturing Mr. T when he does that.

by Anonymousreply 2010/18/2013

Rick and his wife's fake "delivery" of a fetus too undeveloped to possibly survive (20 weeks) in order to save Mrs. Santorum's life was a LATE TERM ABORTION, regardless of what he calls it. MURDERER!

by Anonymousreply 2110/18/2013

My mother, who can never remember the names of films, television programs or actors, called Will & Grace "the gay show" and Jack "the gay guy". Will was "the not-so-gay guy". What Will & Grace did was present gay characters in a non-threatening manner to people like my mother which allowed for acceptance in other arenas.

by Anonymousreply 2210/19/2013

[quote]“I don’t think the Supreme Court is going to tolerate and give tax-exempt status to haters,” he said.

As well they shouldn't!

by Anonymousreply 2310/19/2013

Actually, Frothy is the ultimate destruction of American values...encouraging hate and bigotry, all through the veil of 'christianity'!

by Anonymousreply 2410/19/2013

Hmmm, interesting he says this around the time LOGO starts airing old W&G eps...

by Anonymousreply 2510/19/2013

Why, Rick Santorum! I thought I smelled lube and excrement.

by Anonymousreply 2610/19/2013

"Not Will and Grace, you douchebag! Murphy Brown started the destruction of the nation!"

by Anonymousreply 2710/19/2013

[quote]I think Mr. Santorum's views will lead to the destruction of the Republican party.

In all seriousness, Santorum caused enormous damage to Mitt Romney & the Republicans last year. He forced Romney to move to the right to appeal to the social conservatives during the primaries, and caused all the trouble about birth control and other issues which dragged down the Republicans for months.

by Anonymousreply 2810/19/2013

What R19 said.

by Anonymousreply 2910/19/2013

Like most of the right-wingers, Santorum says shit like that to pander to the great unwashed who have an irrational fear of homosexuals and homosexuality. He knows it's bullshit but he also knows it will get a rise out of the Teabagger Bumfuckians.

by Anonymousreply 3010/19/2013

What was his appearance fee? His youngest is going to need a huge dowry.

by Anonymousreply 3110/19/2013

Speaking of his children, can you imagine what goes on when they call out "Santorum" in P.E.?

by Anonymousreply 3210/19/2013

Destruction of comedy he means.

by Anonymousreply 3310/19/2013

Rick,

Are you now admitting defeat? Your marriage to your wife is no longer legitimate since gay marriage continues to expand every year?

by Anonymousreply 3410/20/2013

I always wanted to be a Will but was always a Jack.

by Anonymousreply 3510/20/2013

What does he do for a living now? Speaking engagements?

by Anonymousreply 3610/20/2013

Both Rick and Sarah travel the nation and appear on Fox in a desperate attempt to remain relevant.If they disappear, the cash flow also disappears. So, the more outrageous the statement, the more likely Fox is to air it.

by Anonymousreply 3710/20/2013

I love how gay marriage is a scourge on the nation, but not the heterosexual divorces of GOP members: John McCain, Ronald Regan, Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, Mark Sanford, Rush Limbaugh and George Will, just to name a few.

by Anonymousreply 3810/20/2013

[quote]What does he do for a living now? Speaking engagements?

Yes. He makes a lot of money from speaking and from lobbying and other associated activities.

Apparently he now has a religious-themed movie coming out at Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 3910/20/2013

Miss Ricky probably sits around all day watching reruns of this show on LOGO

by Anonymousreply 4010/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!