Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Santorum 'Will & Grace' Led to Destruction of Our Nation!

Will & Grace started us down this path, says former U.S. senator and onetime presidential aspirant Rick Santorum.

Legalizing same-sex marriage will be “the destruction of our republic,”

Due to the influence of that show and subsequent pop-culture phenomena, “the needle started to move,” he said.

He said young people are reluctant to speak out against marriage equality because they “have been beaten up” by those who consider such resistance an act of hate. He also predicted that Christian opposition to marriage equality will soon be suppressed as hate speech. “I don’t think the Supreme Court is going to tolerate and give tax-exempt status to haters,” he said.

While some are calling on Republicans to embrace marriage equality, Santorum said, “For the Republican Party to even contemplate going along with this is the destruction of our republic.”

by Anonymousreply 4210/20/2013

In all fairness, it was a really, really terrible show.

by Anonymousreply 1010/18/2013

[quote]“I don’t think the Supreme Court is going to tolerate and give tax-exempt status to haters,” he said.

As well they shouldn't!

by Anonymousreply 2310/19/2013

Actually, Frothy is the ultimate destruction of American values...encouraging hate and bigotry, all through the veil of 'christianity'!

by Anonymousreply 2410/19/2013

Hmmm, interesting he says this around the time LOGO starts airing old W&G eps...

by Anonymousreply 2510/19/2013

Why, Rick Santorum! I thought I smelled lube and excrement.

by Anonymousreply 2610/20/2013

"Not Will and Grace, you douchebag! Murphy Brown started the destruction of the nation!"

by Anonymousreply 2710/20/2013

[quote]I think Mr. Santorum's views will lead to the destruction of the Republican party.

In all seriousness, Santorum caused enormous damage to Mitt Romney & the Republicans last year. He forced Romney to move to the right to appeal to the social conservatives during the primaries, and caused all the trouble about birth control and other issues which dragged down the Republicans for months.

by Anonymousreply 2810/20/2013

What R19 said.

by Anonymousreply 2910/20/2013

Like most of the right-wingers, Santorum says shit like that to pander to the great unwashed who have an irrational fear of homosexuals and homosexuality. He knows it's bullshit but he also knows it will get a rise out of the Teabagger Bumfuckians.

by Anonymousreply 3010/20/2013

What was his appearance fee? His youngest is going to need a huge dowry.

by Anonymousreply 3110/20/2013

Speaking of his children, can you imagine what goes on when they call out "Santorum" in P.E.?

by Anonymousreply 3210/20/2013

Destruction of comedy he means.

by Anonymousreply 3310/20/2013

Rick,

Are you now admitting defeat? Your marriage to your wife is no longer legitimate since gay marriage continues to expand every year?

by Anonymousreply 3410/20/2013

I always wanted to be a Will but was always a Jack.

by Anonymousreply 3510/20/2013

What does he do for a living now? Speaking engagements?

by Anonymousreply 3610/20/2013

Both Rick and Sarah travel the nation and appear on Fox in a desperate attempt to remain relevant.If they disappear, the cash flow also disappears. So, the more outrageous the statement, the more likely Fox is to air it.

by Anonymousreply 3710/20/2013

I love how gay marriage is a scourge on the nation, but not the heterosexual divorces of GOP members: John McCain, Ronald Regan, Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, Mark Sanford, Rush Limbaugh and George Will, just to name a few.

by Anonymousreply 3810/20/2013

[quote]What does he do for a living now? Speaking engagements?

Yes. He makes a lot of money from speaking and from lobbying and other associated activities.

Apparently he now has a religious-themed movie coming out at Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 3910/20/2013

Miss Ricky probably sits around all day watching reruns of this show on LOGO

by Anonymousreply 4010/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.