Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How much does a joint cost?

I've never smoked. Just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 10204/14/2015

No one buys a joint, well, outside of medical marijuana shops.

You buy sections of an ounce of weed, so commonly you hear an eighth, which is an eighth of an ounce.

For good weed, that will normally run you 40-60 depending on what type of market you are in (ie: how readily available the product is).

by Anonymousreply 110/18/2013

I'm in NYC, not Manhattan and I pay $50 for an eighth and they deliver it to me.

by Anonymousreply 210/18/2013

$10,000 at hip.

by Anonymousreply 510/18/2013

And how many joints do you get out of an 8th of an ounce?

by Anonymousreply 610/18/2013

What R1 said, except in Philly an eighth runs $50-70.

"A joint". You're cute, OP. Pot dealers aren't sitting around rolling cigarettes all day.

If that's your only reference, though, I guess an eighth is between 7-15 joints. 7 fatties or 15 skinnies, give or take.

I'm a daily pot smoker and I'm pretty much high all weekend, every weekend (unless I have to drive or speak to my mother) and an eighth lasts me between 4 and 5 days. When I was unemployed I went through a quarter each week, but now two eighths or a quarter lasts me about a week and a half, almost two if I'm particularly busy.

Pot is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 710/18/2013

Hey R7, I'm someone who has smoked pot maybe three times in my life and it did nothing for me, just made me feel nauseous. What do you find so awesome about it?

by Anonymousreply 810/18/2013

R8: I also found pot made me nauseous.

by Anonymousreply 910/18/2013

Damn, r2! I pay $60 for delivery in Philly but they actually just sell me 3 20's which isn't an eighth.

R7, let's get together sometime and exchange connections.

by Anonymousreply 1110/18/2013

R 8&9 were you drinking while getting high? For many people who aren't used to it, that can really make you nauseous. If your lungs aren't used to smoke that can also make you real sick, just like smoking a cigarette for the first time (though cigarettes are a nasty poison unlike weed).

Interestingly, the only thing that got me through a horrible foray with food poisoning in March was a little bit of weed to kill the nausea.

by Anonymousreply 1210/18/2013

Oh yes, r7, I'm with you.

by Anonymousreply 1310/18/2013

I'm a frequent pot smoker, but pot brownies REALLY mess me up and make me feel nauseous and sleepy and dizzy.

by Anonymousreply 1410/18/2013

R7 here. I didn't expect to become this thread's breakout star.

Just got home from work and sparked up. Ahhhh...

R8, I'm sorry it makes you paranoid. A lot of people have that unfortunate reaction. It sucks, I have friends like that. I think it might be brain chemistry for some people. I do sometimes get a little paranoid, but I recognize it's the drug and just put it aside. OMG IS THAT THE COPS ???!?

Just kidding.

More than anything, pot relaxes me. It literally makes me happy. I open up more, think differently, and crave stimulation; music, social interaction (in person or electronic), pets, video games, movies/TV, food, sex/masturbation. Some of these are more passive than others, but mostly they're sensory and you don't have to leave the couch to do them. I also work on creative projects (I'm a visual artist of course), write, clean and work out while stoned.

Wait, what were we talking about? I'll be right back.

by Anonymousreply 1510/18/2013

Oh yeah, nausea. I don't get that at all. Just the opposite, and that's one of the medicinal uses. All those chemo patients can't be wrong. It calms naseous stomachs and stimulates appetite. It's my go-to hangover cure for exactly that reason.

Drinking and smoking is fun but be careful. They're two potent depressants and they mix far too easily (house party anyone?) Too much of one or both can fuck you up if your tolerance for one (or both) is low. I always lean towards booze when both are available because it's the more social drug and I don't do it everyday (more like once a week or less). Pot in party situations should be kept to a minimum if you're knocking down drinks most of the night. Paranoia is never good while socializing, and with the red eyes and the smell and the awkward exits and entrances it just makes for poor socializing. One or two hits later in the night is it for me. Save it for the hangover.

Ok I'm starving, be back later.

by Anonymousreply 1610/18/2013

in the '70s you'd buy a "nickel bag" which was five cents for a sack of reefers.

by Anonymousreply 1710/18/2013

r17 remembers when a dime bag cost a dime.

by Anonymousreply 1810/18/2013

I like weed when I am relaxing at the end of a night. I could never smoke for a social situation, it gives me social anxiety which is something I don't have when not-high.

But relaxing to some music before bed? Perfect for that.

by Anonymousreply 1910/20/2013

I live near the Mexican border. I only purchase by the 1/4 pound and won't pay more than 150 dollars for it. It may not be designer weed but it is very good stuff. All bud

by Anonymousreply 2010/20/2013

Long ago, when weed cost $100 per oz and you didn't waste money on joints when you could use a bat, weed slowed my brain down enough to focus on accounting/finance.

It's a lovely diet aid. You're never hungry if you don't give into the munchies.

It's also a lovely cleaning aid. My stove, windows, and tile were never cleaner.

by Anonymousreply 2110/20/2013

It goes for around $50 an eighth here in WeedRegion, Oregon. How long it lasts depends on how committed you are to regular smoking. We smoke about 4-6 times a month, depending how much stress or physical pain we happen to have.

When I first smoked pot a couple times as a teenager, I did it in a circle of people and went to paranoia. Now I only smoke with people I feel really solid with, or that paranoia can creep in, mostly about my place in social hierarchies.

With just my partner, we do it when he has nausea, with body pain from a car accident, when stressed about life, and also when we have some extra time and just want to float for awhile.

What we get while high? Mostly, it lets our minds come up with different and deeper perspectives on life than we otherwise have access to. We become philosophers. Sometimes we spend hours conversing, going deeply into subjects we'd normally brush the surface of. Sometimes we just fixate on minute details, which are fascinating to us in the moment but ridiculous to anyone sober (I'm high right now). Sometimes we have intense sex, long-lasting, much more sensate and emotional. Sometimes we watch a trippy movie that will get our minds spiraling all over the place. Science shows, science-fiction, anything mind-bending. We generally want to eat a lot of delicious stuff. But yeah, it relaxes the normal persona and lets other things come out. I will admit we have our bad highs too where it isn't all flowers and love. Then we get into bad arguments while going deeply, and it ruins the whole experience.

by Anonymousreply 2210/20/2013

[R21] There is some truth to this post. If you are an infrequent user you do get the munchies. If I have not used in for awhile, I smoke a joint and eat everything in the house.

I smoke everyday when it is available. Then it is a good diet aid, I have trouble maintaining my weight with regular use for whatever reason. I have also notice other chronic weed smokers are also skinny

by Anonymousreply 2310/20/2013

I will give you one for a blow job

by Anonymousreply 2510/20/2013

What about vaporizers ?

How expensive are they ? Are they worth it ?

Do they make the high stronger ?

What's their selling point as opposed to just lighting up a regular joint?

by Anonymousreply 2610/20/2013

Never heard of buying individual joints. A blunt is about 5 dollars from my next door neighbor though.

by Anonymousreply 2710/20/2013

R27 vaporizers are good. The prices on them differ but i bought one about 5 years ago for about 60 dollars (dont remember exactly) but it broke easily.

Unless you're a health nut it's not worth it. Doesnt get me high enough. I like pipes and bongs and blunts.

by Anonymousreply 2810/20/2013

I find vaporisers work MUCH better than blunts or pipes, which do nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 2910/20/2013

[quote]In Colorado and Illinois, is it legal to buy pot without a prescription?

Not in Colorado, R24.

I hear it's really easy to get a medical marijuana license though.

by Anonymousreply 3010/21/2013

Pot causes me awful joint pain. I don't know why😳

by Anonymousreply 3110/21/2013

Alright buddy. Sorry about these weirdos not answering you directly. The average joint of weed is about $10.

by Anonymousreply 3201/28/2015

Newbies:

The reason people get paranoid is twofold: too much medicine at one time, and unresolved issues/uptightness. No worries, we're all a little that way, but let pot give you a slow unfolding rather than smack you with it - you just can't process the looseness in the beginning if you overdo it. Then just do it once a month in the beginning (unless you crave it more).

I suggest not smoking a "joint" if you're in the least bit turned off by the taste/smell. Use, at minimum, a pipe, but even better is a bong (I got a decent bong for $25 but you can get a cheap pipe for $10). I've tried a joint and the taste is horrible.

Next, take the tiniest little puff if you're new, and that's it. Your tolerance is low and if it's too much, it can ruin your experience, make you paranoid, or start thinking all the worst thoughts about yourself (like whatever normal self-negativity you have, but intensified). I took conservative amounts for a long time until I developed a tolerance and needed more. It made my weed last longer too. Taking just that tiny, gentle puff allowed my mind to go to all sorts of nice places, and let me feel happy/love rather than be uptight. When new, make sure to smoke with someone you trust well (to avoid paranoia), or alone.

TIP: Sprinkle a little allspice atop the weed in your pipe/bong. It mellows the taste even more. I got a vision about it one day, tried it and loved it.

Finally, there are two kinds: sativa and indica. I think sativa is the energizing one and indica is the "in da couch" one where you sit around. I wish I could say I didn't get the munchies when high. I only want to eat cookies and chips when stoned. I probably have the indica kind.

by Anonymousreply 3301/28/2015

My best friend is a daily pot smoker and it helps her anxiety tremendously. I've smoked with her a few times, and it just made me feel like I had a sinus headache. It did absolutely nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 3401/28/2015

Nauseous means something that makes a person feel as though he will vomit: "That smell is so nauseous that I was gagging."

Nauseated means feeling like you'll vomit: "That nauseous smell almost made me puke.

Therefore "TThe nauseous smell nauseated me. In fact, I was nauseated the rest of the day."

Got it?

by Anonymousreply 3501/28/2015

[quote]Pot causes me awful joint pain. I don't know why

That flies in he face of all evidence proving that marijuana is an excellent pain reliever and recommended specifically for joint ailments. I smoke it for arthritis (and headaches) and it's the best pain treatment I know (except that it gets you stoned).

by Anonymousreply 3601/28/2015

Come to Colorado!!!

by Anonymousreply 3701/28/2015

So, what was a "lid"?

by Anonymousreply 3801/28/2015

You can get one for about $9 at any dispensary in San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 3901/28/2015

Doesn't do much for my arthritis. It transforms pain into another annoying sensation

by Anonymousreply 4001/28/2015

I wish I could find a delivery service here in the ATL. I know there must be a couple, but I can't find them.

I've also heard there is a guy with a menu, but I don't know the right people to get an introduction.

I'm an old fart. I just want it to show up on my doorstep.

I had a friend who lived in a high rise, and when I visited her a guy would just ride up and down the elevators, making stops, but he got deported (not due to drugs though).

I heard a story about a comedian who grew up in Baltimore and had a newspaper route with a series of clients along the way. On a particular day each week, he would put the weed inside of the client's newspaper, and then the client would put an envelope with cash in the mailbox for him the next morning. He said it trusted his clients because they were all white collar folks who greatly appreciated his services and knew if they skipped paying him they would have a hard time getting back on the list.

He said he would never do business like that with crackheads or meth users, but he trusted the potheads.

I would even subscribe to the AJC (even DAILY) to get a set up like that.

by Anonymousreply 4101/28/2015

I puked both times I tried it. Wasn't drinking.

by Anonymousreply 4201/28/2015

[quote]I puked both times I tried it. Wasn't drinking.

Cannabis is an anti-emetic. What else were you on?

by Anonymousreply 4301/28/2015

My hubby and I have used it for 40 years. It helps anxiety. Different strains have very different effects. Some relieve anxiety, some produce anxiety. Nausea is strickly a newbie symptom but it can happen with some strains, usually south of the border types. Usually it has the opposite effect. Northern Ca. the price is around $2000 a pound. Our caregiver (ca. for pot grower) believes in medicinal cannabis and gives us a stipend of an 2 ounces a month of smalls (smaller buds that are separated from the larger ones.) at no charge. We are on a fixed income and he is an angel.

by Anonymousreply 4401/28/2015

Puker here, was on prozac. nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 4501/28/2015

this thread is making me want to light one up!

and i have none to light.

by Anonymousreply 4601/28/2015

I don't know. The 3-4 times I smoked I got nauseous and paranoid. Molly is so much better.

by Anonymousreply 4701/28/2015

I've smoked a few times and I never felt much more than a bit giggly. However, I once smoked when I was nauseated and the weed helped very quickly. Unfortunately, I had a whole McDonald's meal afterwards, haha. I have strongly considered smoking for my migraines.

by Anonymousreply 4801/28/2015

Where can I get some ludes?

by Anonymousreply 4901/28/2015

[quote]Puker here, was on prozac. nothing else.

I took Prozac when I was a teen. It made me gag if I hadn't had something to eat first.

by Anonymousreply 5001/28/2015

As someone who's never used pot or hung out with those that do, (I know-Mary!) I'm surprised at these prices.

My neighbor was evicted for not paying rent. He was always crying poor to the landlord. When the landlord asked me if he smoked or drank I told her he smoked weed 6-7 times per day.

I guess that's why he couldn't afford rent.

by Anonymousreply 5101/28/2015

OP = Judy Bernly

by Anonymousreply 5201/29/2015

€3.50 in most Amsterdam coffee shops.

by Anonymousreply 5301/29/2015

What's a "lid"?

by Anonymousreply 5401/29/2015

I could probably make one for around $10 million, give or take.

by Anonymousreply 5501/29/2015

R54 here ya go

by Anonymousreply 5601/29/2015

Thanks r56 -- I went over there and got a typical stoner six pages of "A lid? Why, it's four fingers!"

Four fingers. Great, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 5701/29/2015

I love getting stoned, but only if I have no stress or issues, or business to take care of.

Then it's - bring out the bong. I don't enjoy the vaping high as much as smoking. And eating THC just gets me stupid and fucked_up high.

I love this thread!!!

by Anonymousreply 5801/31/2015

About $1 where I live.

by Anonymousreply 5901/31/2015

I was offered a joint in Central Park for 5 dollars.

Of course I didn't bite, it was probably lawn grass and oregano.

by Anonymousreply 6001/31/2015

Hate to be a downer, but what's a good way for someone who has lung cancer to use pot for pain, lack of appetite and unable to sleep? Obviously smoking it is out. I those with cancer use it for all the above, but I'm not sure how it can be used by someone with lung cancer. Said person was just prescribed medical marijuana pills, but was told regular pot helps more.

by Anonymousreply 6101/31/2015

Bake it in a cake.

by Anonymousreply 6201/31/2015

R61 Vaping is the way to go, or edibles. They say vapors don't wreck the lungs like smoke.

by Anonymousreply 6301/31/2015

Make a Bundt KAK

by Anonymousreply 6401/31/2015

In Seattle, $14 per joint for a good medical indica. $12 for a giggly sativa. It's strong, so a few puffs does it.

by Anonymousreply 6501/31/2015

R7=addict

by Anonymousreply 6601/31/2015

For those that feel paranoid on weed, that's just your body getting used to it. Once you smoke it a lot for a long time the paranoia goes away completely. I remember when I was a g-yling the first few times I smoked it I felt fearful. But it gradually got less and less each time - pot is the only drug that gets BETTER and more pleasant the more you do it.

To answer the OP's question, where I live it's $20/per gram and $55/per eighth. A gram is enough to make three fat, tampon-looking joints.

by Anonymousreply 6701/31/2015

pot is the only drug that gets BETTER and more pleasant the more you do it...

We beg to differ...

by Anonymousreply 6801/31/2015

Do you really put it in a tampon?

by Anonymousreply 6901/31/2015

No, R68, other drugs get less and less satisfying and have more and more miserable side-effects the more you do them. What I'm saying is that pot is more enjoyable when you've been smoking it for awhile, as opposed to one's first few times.

by Anonymousreply 7001/31/2015

R70 I've had experiences with long time marijuana smokers and none of them have been pleasant. It's a drug and yes, it is addictive to these people. They were all in denial, like a typical junkie, but what is worse is that people like you don't see it as a problem.

by Anonymousreply 7101/31/2015

R70...AA zealot.

by Anonymousreply 7201/31/2015

R71...not R70

by Anonymousreply 7301/31/2015

I worked with two people (man and woman) for about 12-years. Both were moderate pot smokers that started to smoke more heavily over time. Both were fired within months of each other. Both became increasingly nasty and paranoid. I work in a creative field, and you could see each becomes less creative and vibrant over time.

I think regular pot smokers begin to lose objectivity when it comes to how it impacts their personality. They see themselves from the inside out and can't see the changes and seem to forget about how they appear to others.

by Anonymousreply 7401/31/2015

I pay $50-$65 an eighth which is delivered from a medical dispensary. I spend $180 every 2 weeks for my roommate and myself. We get an anti-nausea for my roommate to make sure he eats (he lost a huge amount of weight from chemo and is having major issues even keeping his weight stable, let alone gaining. I get hybrids specifically for joint pain (arthritis from prior knee/ankle accident).

I use Leafly.com a lot to research what's available from the dispensary. For example, right now I'm smoking Sour Diesel. Leafly's description:

Sour Diesel, sometimes called Sour D, is an invigorating sativa named after its pungent, diesel-like aroma. This fast-acting strain delivers energizing, dreamy cerebral effects that have pushed Sour Diesel to its legendary status. Stress, pain, and depression fade away in long-lasting relief that makes Sour Diesel a top choice among medical patients.

The above description is really accurate - this is a really, really good painkiller and just makes you feel good. And my cats are really, really soft.

by Anonymousreply 7501/31/2015

I've had sour diesel and second the recommendation. It's good listen to music & clean the house pot.

by Anonymousreply 7602/03/2015

I've dated a couple daily pot smokers and I didn't have patience for either one of them. Not only could they not hold a conversation, they had little interest in anything in the outside world or, if they did focus on something for a short while, it sort of "floated away" (i.e. ZERO attention span). One of them was good in bed, at least, but that was when I could get him to leave his glass nipple.

by Anonymousreply 7702/03/2015

Two blowjobs and a fingerbang, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 7802/03/2015

R71 is a BuzzKiller. A BuzzKiller!

by Anonymousreply 7902/03/2015

R77, please regale us with the details of your many successful relationships with non-pot smokers. Since you concluded that pot = bad from a grand total of two relationships, I'm sure we can extrapolate all sorts of assumptions based on your experiences with other paramours.

Question: how much coffee do you drink in a day? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 8002/04/2015

[quote] please regale us with the details of your many successful relationships with non-pot smokers. Since you concluded that pot = bad from a grand total of two relationships, I'm sure we can extrapolate all sorts of assumptions based on your experiences with other paramours. Question: how much coffee do you drink in a day? Just curious.

I once burned my hand badly by touching the stove as a child. Guess what I learned? How many more daily pot smokers would you like for me to date before I find that golden needle in the haystack?

And don't put words in my mouth. I never said pot=bad. What I said was that daily pot smokers are people who have trouble accomplishing things. But I'm guessing you're a daily pot smoker, so I actually commend you for managing to express your thought and staying with it long enough to type it out. You must be "high functioning." You sound like a catch.

And I drink two cups of coffee a day. However, they don't impede me from getting everything done I need to on a daily basis. I hold conversations, I keep promises, I make commitments and stick with them... all the things daily pot smokers seem to have issues with.

by Anonymousreply 8102/04/2015

In NYC, smoking weed is now cheaper than smoking cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 8202/04/2015

At the dispensary I go to in L.A., joints range from $5 - $11 each, depending on the quality of the pot. The $11 joints have either hash or keif added to them.

by Anonymousreply 8302/04/2015

I have smoked so much weed it's not funny.

People who get paranoid, and many do, may be 1. simply in the wrong company while getting high...tripping n acid will ten to be negative for the same reason 2. ingesting a strain of weed, usually an indinca, that is too potent for a casual smoker

the people who make the best ingestible hash products, imo, live in Amsterdam...in fact, if you can afford a 2 week trip there for just a week to become educated, you will be decades ahead of the average under-25 year old American consumer on your return...the Dutch I've met aren't annoyed, btw, with the amateurs like people get here...iow, you don't need to feign any kind of attitude or contrived pose and their English is impeccable...

...and if it winds up after a few days you still don't like any of it, hey...you're in Amsterdam :)

by Anonymousreply 8402/04/2015

[R81], you and I have very different experiences in our encounters with daily smokers. Sure, I've met the "sit around and be stoned" kind, but very rarely. Everyone I know has very productive lives. For example:

Friend A - 60 yrs old, retired after 30 years as communications director of a large non-US govt agency; she smokes to relieve arthritis pain (knee replacement)

Friend B - 49 yrs old, master tool and die maker for huge corporation; she makes the molds that make the parts. She smokes to relax as she does't drink (doesn't like the feeling it gives her). Her company knows she smokes after work and they don't care, as she long as she doesn't come in that way. Because she's brilliant at her job.

Friend C - 44. Computer programmer, medium sized company. Taking an advanced physics class "for fun", as he enjoys the challenge. Will have a pint of ale maybe once per year.

Friend D - 39. Computer programmer and security analyst, huge multi-national corporation. Got transferred to Amsterdam office; discovered smoking weed after work is akin to going to happy hour with the coworkers. On a non-work night, add a couple pints in with the joint. Get as stoned as you like; just don't show up to work that way.

I used the examples above as you used a bit of a blanket statement - a lot of regular pot smokers are very productive people, and I'm sorry you haven't met more of them. If you're openly anti-pot, however, people are far less likely to disclose it due to fear of being judged. And FYI - I'm a daily smoker. I'm a librarian.

by Anonymousreply 8502/04/2015

About half the bill, sometimes we call it "going dutch".

by Anonymousreply 8602/04/2015

R7, speaks the truth. MY truth!

by Anonymousreply 8702/04/2015

OK I love that three quarters of our contributors were totally baked when they wrote their epic essays.

Though I appreciate their input, I couldn't make it throughout half the stories.

by Anonymousreply 8902/04/2015

So are you saying that a thread full of stoners has a longer attention span than you do, r89?

by Anonymousreply 9002/04/2015

The stoners are one thing - those who have to read their stories are another.

Not criticizing. Been there done that - and with much more than just pot.

by Anonymousreply 9102/04/2015

[quote]And I drink two cups of coffee a day. However, they don't impede me from getting everything done I need to on a daily basis. I hold conversations, I keep promises, I make commitments and stick with them... all the things daily pot smokers seem to have issues with.

And I'd bet you're an even bigger bitch without those two cups a day.

Pot, meet kettle, "drug addict."

by Anonymousreply 9202/05/2015

[quote] And I'd bet you're an even bigger bitch without those two cups a day.

Says the prissy cunt who typed this.

[quote] please regale us with the details of your many successful relationships with non-pot smokers. Since you concluded that pot = bad from a grand total of two relationships, I'm sure we can extrapolate all sorts of assumptions based on your experiences with other paramours.

You probably should smoke MORE pot. If anyone needs to mellow out, it's you.

by Anonymousreply 9302/05/2015

[quote] I used the examples above as you used a bit of a blanket statement - a lot of regular pot smokers are very productive people, and I'm sorry you haven't met more of them. If you're openly anti-pot, however, people are far less likely to disclose it due to fear of being judged. And FYI - I'm a daily smoker. I'm a librarian.

Kipper, I wonder if it's a cultural thing then. Yes, in many states in the US, medicinal marijuana has become legal, but there's still the lure of the forbidden and there's a definite rebellious (for lack of a better word) connotation with smoking pot for many people over here, which I suspect (from what I know about the culture over there) is just not part of smoking pot in Amsterdam. People smoke here to get fucked up. And the daily smokers I know smoke it several times a day, every day. It's the difference between having a beer after dinner every night (or a coffee of two every morning) or sitting down and getting drunk.

by Anonymousreply 9402/05/2015

R61, a friend told me last night there is a study of long-term pot smokers (smoking daily for over 20 years) and they found no lung problems. I'm not sure what their delivery method was, whether they were smoking joints in paper, from a pipe or from a bong, but as a regular pot smoker, I have to say a pipe is the easiest method for all the time. Vaping (pot, not nicotine) is possibly okay, too.

Apparently, smoking pot (according to study) was actually anti-carcinogenic. So, smoke pot to not get cancer.

If your friend is still concerned, however, you can always put pot in a crock pot (do not read that as crack pipe :P) with butter or coconut oil for some hours and just ingest it. If he's terminal, he has nothing to lose from smoking pot.

by Anonymousreply 9502/05/2015

In Oregon, since legalization, pot prices went down from $300/oz to $100/oz. But a lot of people buy a quarter ounce for $25.

by Anonymousreply 9602/05/2015

This is why libertarians are right on every issue- just INCREASE freedom and REDUCE government and things get better!

by Anonymousreply 9702/06/2015

I totally agree with the poster who stated that "smokers" have attention issues and difficulty accomplishing goals.

I would never attempt a romantic relationship with someone who smokes marijuana.

It's a drug, and it's a much more serious, effect laden drug than caffeine.

by Anonymousreply 9802/06/2015

[quote]I would never attempt a romantic relationship with someone who smokes marijuana.

Can't imagine a pot smoker would be attracted to you either. So, no problems there.

Moving on, I think the anxiety is caused by the deep relaxation...everything that's repressed rises to the surface.

One of the reasons I gave up was due to the mostly poor quality of the pot here in England. Sometimes you could tell it was full of chemicals and it was just nasty. I'd need a 'good' joint just to recover my equilibrium.

I have barely even thought about pot for years until I read this thread.

I was a real pot head in that nothing else, no other drug did it for me, neither did booze.

Typical pot smoker...love music, very talkative, love my own company on pot, very creative.

I miss it a lot, but it began to make me very anxious...quite rationally, it turns out.

Some day, I'll go back to it. I'm looking forward to it. Even talking about it is making me feel a little high.

by Anonymousreply 9902/07/2015

Re: Productive/successful pot smokers. I've worked for a couple of them, including one of the writer-producers of "Coach." We would smoke a joint and listen to "Car Talk" n NPR, together, before I went to run errands for him & his wife (also a t.v. writer). Good times! I loved working for them!

by Anonymousreply 10002/07/2015

Can somebody/anybody give this person a dollar number please?! Ballpark for a normal doobie. Also: there is NO way to read or write legal documents unless HIGH.

by Anonymousreply 10104/14/2015
Need more help? Click Here.