Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why did Datalounge kill my thread?

It was about DL misogyny, and I thought I struck a civil tone.

by Anonymousreply 17310/22/2013

It isn't true anyway. A few punks in here hate women, but most of us are pretty fond of them, especially the Lezboes. Never met one I didn't like.

by Anonymousreply 610/18/2013

R5 I don't understand either. Maybe the mods just don't want to start a flame war, but your question is certainly fair.

by Anonymousreply 710/18/2013

[quote} start a flame war

Oops, I meant "allow a flame war to start".

by Anonymousreply 810/18/2013

That 30% is ridiculous. Unless you count "cunt!!"

by Anonymousreply 1610/18/2013

r19= a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2010/18/2013

I have been a paying member of this site since 2003 and it seems like there are a handful of posters who are violently opposed to having straight woman post here even though most of the straight women here tend to lurk and rarely if ever post anything homophobic or inflammatory.

This seems to be a fairly new development. And I think it may be the younger posters who engage in that sort of nonsense. Only one poster ever truly got on my nerves and that was the one who was determined to root out all the straight women and have them banned. And he would troll-dar stalk the posters he thought were women. I think that kind of thinking indicates a form of mental illness rather than garden variety misogyny. Everyone gets insulted here at one time or another. I think Della is one of the few who always manages to stay above the fray. That is quite an accomplishment.

by Anonymousreply 2110/18/2013

Why would straight women be welcomed with open arms on a mostly for gay males website? Do you realize how many general websites there are for them to discuss Hollywood gossip and politics? They don't need to come HERE to go on and on about anything. You're an idiot r21. You're also wrong, because the Benedict Cumberbatch, Jeremy Renner, and Tom Hiddleston threads prove that obnoxious straight bitches post here all the time.

by Anonymousreply 2410/18/2013

Well, at least I'm not a cunt, r24:)

by Anonymousreply 2610/18/2013

[quote]Straight women are more than welcome to fuck right off back to iVillage, Tumblr, Pinterest, and whatever Gwyneth Paltrow's site is called, OP. No one's holding a gun to their vapid little heads to keep them where they're not wanted.

It's one thing to try to get straight women fangirling over Supernatural off the board. It's another to use misogynistic terminology like what you've done above.

It has that feel of how Ku Klux Klan members must talk to one another when they'e away from the general public, or how homophobic rednecks might talk to one another sharing a few f*g jokes around the camp fire out in the wilds.

The fact that this kind of talk is tolerated by whoever manages this board just encourages those thickheads ("thick" not "dick") who know no better. And of course others are just trolls, but I don't know why that's tolerated either.

It's pretty simple: if you want to be generally respected you should generally respect others. It some women is an absolute bitch to you, well she's the problem (or you're the problem), NOT 50% of the population.

by Anonymousreply 2810/18/2013

R30 Stop projecting.

by Anonymousreply 3210/18/2013

See, that kind of over generalization about men is as ridiculous as the misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 3310/18/2013

Obviously r30 has hit the nail on the head. It's all so clear to me now! I'm not bored and weary of straight girls invading a gay site, I just deeply, deeply desire to shit a full grown baby out of my ass! Of COURSE!

There's a Nobel Prize in this for you, r30. Just mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 3410/18/2013

OP, you are seriously mentally ill. You accomplish nothing, and just expose yourself as desperate for attention. You're a pathetic mess.

by Anonymousreply 3510/18/2013

r36 = cunt

by Anonymousreply 3710/18/2013

R5 there are cunts all over this thread, and they hate women

by Anonymousreply 3810/18/2013

R31 of course that is what I meant.

by Anonymousreply 4010/18/2013

[quote]"Dick," "prick," and "asshole" do not carry the resonance that "cunt" does.

Fuck you, cunt. How dare you attempt to define what is offensive to me!!??

[quote]I am right about this, and I won't explain it again.

No, you're not right. You're delusional. But please spare us any more of your cuntful ramblings.

by Anonymousreply 4110/18/2013

because you post the same crazy stuff all the time and have a history of vandalizing threads.

by Anonymousreply 4210/18/2013

Why don't you go spend your time volunteering in a batter woman's shelter instead of constantly posing your theory on DL?

by Anonymousreply 4410/18/2013

R36/R43 is off his meds and an escapee from the institution.

by Anonymousreply 4510/18/2013

Why don't you fraus and lesbifraus spend your energy preaching at straight men-oriented websites? They are the ones committing violence/rape against women.

Gay men, at worst, are indifferent to your existence and want nothing to do with you. Go educate the straight-male perps. Leave us alone!

by Anonymousreply 4610/18/2013

Women (straight and lesbian) love to complain about gay men inside of a gay man's domain!

Gay men = men who love men. Women are not even a part of that equation. It is women (straight and gay) who force themselves, wanted or unwanted, into our space and then proceed to complain about misogyny and other issues that have nothing to do with us but everything to do with straight men.

If anything, gay men kindly and patiently offer attention and refuge for "women's nights" or "lesbian nights" at bars or other gay male space when straight men would just laugh you right off/wouldn't even give you the time of day. If you don't like it, leave. I'm sure straight men will be a better alternative!

by Anonymousreply 4710/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 4910/18/2013

r49 has stated her boundaries, people!

by Anonymousreply 5010/18/2013

Hatred of women? Please! The DL loves me!

by Anonymousreply 5110/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 5510/18/2013

Yeah, we get it, r53. Lesbians are not welcome here. It must be something to know you in real life. Not.

by Anonymousreply 5610/18/2013

Better yet, why don't straight women just spend time at lesbian bars, lesbian space, etc.? No worries about male misogyny/patriarchy there. Straight women and lesbians could simply co-exist symbiotically off one another there. All women could just start licking each other's pussies for all any gay man cares. More men for us. But why won't that happen? Hmmmmm?

by Anonymousreply 5710/18/2013

It's time to mosey over to Fresh Direct and do my shopping.

by Anonymousreply 5810/18/2013

"I won't explain it again."

Thanks, that would be great!

by Anonymousreply 5910/18/2013

R47 the Datalounge is not just the domain of gay men. It is meant to be for the entire LGBT community is it not?

As for being gay about men loving men and women being no part of that equation - that isn't how it is for most people of any sexuality. You love/like people regardless of whether you're sexually attracted to them or not. Leaving aside the repugnance of misogyny your post was illogical.

Illogical for most anyway. Maybe you have issues.

by Anonymousreply 6010/18/2013

[quote]DL is not a UK site. DL is primarily visited by people in the US. In the US, "cunt" is a word that continues to be used as a way to demean, shame, invalidate, disempower, assault, insult, abuse women. That's simply the truth.

I call people here "cunt" with some degree of frequency. I never think I'm talking to a woman. It's shorter than "asshole," and it's one of the few places online you can actually say "cunt" where it doesn't show up "****," which is nice.

I think I started saying "cunt" all the time pre-internet, when I had a female AA sponsor whose worst insult to anyone was "what a DICK." I figured it made sense for me to say "what a CUNT." Not everything gets better, necessarily, when you stop drinking.

I shall stop saying "cunt" on DL. It never occurred to me it actually bothered anyone.

by Anonymousreply 6110/18/2013

Stop "cunt"-shaming us, OP. You have absolutely no right to tell anyone what words they can and can't use, which words are more or less offensive, or which colloquial form of English is acceptable. Visiting your over-sensitivity on other people is controlling and passive aggressive, and doing so from cloister of self-constructed internet victimhood cheapens and demeans the actual struggles and sacrifices of feminist causes. Check your privilege, then fuck off back to your Tumblr social justice warrior hugbox.

by Anonymousreply 6210/18/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 6410/18/2013

R63, I initially became interested in DL because it appeared to be a place where people -- gay men -- didn't talk about women's bodies because they are "ewww, gross." The entire rest of the world venerates women and their bodies. You would deny us this one oasis in the woman-adoring desert that is the rest of the world?

And then I discovered half of you are women, and are absolutely, utterly, abjectly [italic]thrilled[/italic] to deny us said oasis.

by Anonymousreply 6610/18/2013

I used to not approve of the word cunt being used. Then I joined this site and found the real cunts. When I asked why demeaning women was such a staple of this site. The answer was "it's a mommie thing".

Get over it, calling women cunts is a sport on the DL

by Anonymousreply 6710/18/2013

We have a lot of very angry hall monitors on this site it seems. They spend all day here and immediately report any thread even remotely critical of women and have it deleted.

I had a thread deleted a few weeks ago about annoying straight women in gay bars. It's an age-old topic that we frequently discuss. But it apparently raised the not inconsiderable ire of some bitter hag.

They've taken over and Datalounge is not nearly as fun as it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 6810/18/2013

No, R67, you fail to understand. We're not calling [italic]women[/italic] cunts. We're calling [italic]everyone[/italic] cunts. Honestly, until this very thread, on this very day, it simply never occurred to me that anyone was calling women anything but "frau."

"Cunt" is a bi-gendered insult.

by Anonymousreply 6910/18/2013

Then create BiLounge, OP R71. Or bIvillage.

by Anonymousreply 7310/18/2013

[quote]I'm not bi, I'm not a woman, I'm a gay man. I can't in good conscience post on this site without calling attention to the rampant women-hatred that typifies so many threads.

Thanks for ruining what used to be a fun place, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 7610/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 7710/18/2013

WM, just ban the freak. He's been disrupting this site for years, enough.

by Anonymousreply 7810/18/2013

[quote]I'm not bi, I'm not a woman, I'm a gay man. I can't in good conscience post on this site without calling attention to the rampant women-hatred that typifies so many threads.

Then we agree: you can solve your problem with us and our problem with you by going away forever. If you post again after this, we'll know it's just for attention.

by Anonymousreply 7910/18/2013

OP, did you go to a small liberal arts college in Ohio?

by Anonymousreply 8010/18/2013

R27 is telling us NOW, so she won't have to tell us THEN.

by Anonymousreply 8110/18/2013

Aw r81, that little fucker over there at r27? He's straight-up S&M.

by Anonymousreply 8310/18/2013

Oh please, all these butt-hurt, self-righteous lesbians. Like lesbians don't say terrible things about gay men all of the time, too. Have any of you read at L Chat? The things they say about gay men over there are just as bad, if not worse.

And what is this about jealousy? I don't know a single gay man who wants a vagina. Most of us do just fine getting cock and sex without ever entertaining the thought of tits or pussy. This idea that women have, that if someone doesn't like them or want them around or desire them, then they "must be jealous," is silly and frankly bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 8510/18/2013

[quote]Lesbians nursed gay men dying of AIDS when NO ONE ELSE would even go near them.

What, all of them?

by Anonymousreply 8810/18/2013

[quote]All women could just start licking each other's pussies for all any gay man cares. More men for us.

This just made me laugh for some reason.

[quote]I've been saying this for years, because I've been posting here for years.

We know. As another poster correctly characterized it, you've been vandalizing threads for years, and quite randomly, too. Often the threads you chose to derail with your repetitive rants were innocuous.

You really seem quite unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 9110/18/2013

I was pretty much on the front lines from the beginning of the AIDS crisis, and I don't really remember there being many lesbians around, or straight women, for that matter. I was in the buddy program at Whitman-Walker in DC and I only remember a few women. I did have one female friend who was in the buddy program. And there's another one I remember, but it was mainly because she was the first person I ever met who ate tofu. The rest of the women I remember were getting paid to work there.

by Anonymousreply 9310/18/2013

Because what you keep claiming to be misogynistic is not.

Because one more poster like you seeing misogyny behind every rock would just increase the annoyance.

Because this place is much more light-hearted than you seem to understand.

Because gay men have a long history of using offensive words to undermine their ability to offend.

by Anonymousreply 9410/18/2013

When will it sink in that you're not accomplishing what you want? Ever? If anything, you're stirring up more increased usage of the word cunt with your ranting about "DL misogyny."

As you've been told hundreds of times, if you don't like DL, then stop coming here and acting like, well, a rotten cunt.

by Anonymousreply 9510/18/2013

Le cunt!

by Anonymousreply 9610/18/2013

I'm curious, OP, how is your current strategy for dealing with misogyny on DL working for you?

I have to admit the thread has been worth reading just for this line:

[quote] "Cunt" is a bi-gendered insult.

by Anonymousreply 9710/18/2013

How, R98? Where? What did you say, and to whom?

by Anonymousreply 10010/18/2013

I don't think it's a bad word at all!

by Anonymousreply 10110/18/2013

Women hate women more than straight men or gay men combined.

by Anonymousreply 10210/18/2013

"Jesus, you're so fucking stupid."

No hatred there!

by Anonymousreply 10410/18/2013

R103, whatever good points you may have to make are diminished by your use of the word "dude."

by Anonymousreply 10510/18/2013

Is r103 a cunt or a bitch? I can't quite put my finger on which she sounds more like.

by Anonymousreply 10610/18/2013

[quote] You are giving the "fraus" you say you hate lots of ammunition for their misconceptions about gay men

What is your point?

It sounds to me like you are coming very close to blaming the victim.

That your implication is as a result of what someone posts on DL people who oppose same sex marriage, employment non-discrimination and a host of other civil and human rights are justified.

I would hope you would agree there is no ethical litmus test when it comes to who gets full civil/human rights.

by Anonymousreply 10810/18/2013

"It is important to let misogynists know that they can't get away with their bullshit."

But why is your hatred not as damaging as those you accuse of misogyny? According to your own logic, your words are killing YOU!

by Anonymousreply 10910/18/2013

Really? Now your argument is that this is about the stereotype of gay men being "mommy-haters"? You need to bone up on your stereotypes. The stereotype is that gay men are TOO ATTACHED to their mothers and have absent fathers.

by Anonymousreply 11110/18/2013

R112. "Cathected." Wonderful word choice.

by Anonymousreply 11310/18/2013

Was this the thread that started out about someone hating the babyish/loud/incessant voice of a co-worker?

by Anonymousreply 11410/18/2013

[quote] Long-standing icky stereotype about gay men is that they're gay because they hate their mommies. A psychological disturbance: Hurt by their mommies, they turn to men. Yes? Or: Too much in love with their mommies, they become women, and therefore turn to men. Etc., etc., Freudian bullshit.

Now you're just making stuff up.

Which indicates your motives are less than pure - probably have nothing to do with misogyny. Unless somehow eliciting a misogynistic response turns you on.

by Anonymousreply 11510/18/2013

[quote]I still don't understand why those of you who are feminists - and a lot of gay men are feminists - don't intervene every time somebody on DL says something degrading about women.

Because. It's. Boring.

And so are you.

by Anonymousreply 11610/18/2013

[quote] Why did Datalounge kill my thread?

Because it was NOT one of your FANNNNNSSSSSSSS!

by Anonymousreply 11810/18/2013

"It's full of nonsense about how homosexuality results from obsession with Mom, being repulsed by Mom, feeling rejected by Mom, etc."

...calling Mom a cunt.

And don't use the word "homos," dude. It wounds.

by Anonymousreply 12110/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 12310/18/2013

Seriously, if threads that disdain the peculiarities of housewives and women in the workplace are as criminal and offensive to you as use of the N-word, then THIS ISN'T YOUR COMMUNITY. There are other places online you can go where your fellow posters will join you in the race to process feelings, warn about triggers, and check each other's privilege. GO THERE, LEAVE HERE!

by Anonymousreply 12510/18/2013

Your thread will wither on the vine, because a) we have thick skin and b) your attempt to troll won't ring true.

The blade that cuts you does not cut us.

by Anonymousreply 12610/18/2013

Dude, it was a joke. No one was actually offended by your use of "homos." We are faggots of a tougher kind than you, who faints at the sight of the word "cunt."

by Anonymousreply 12810/18/2013

The word "dude," OTOH, R128...

by Anonymousreply 12910/18/2013

I don't care!

Cut, print, moving on!

by Anonymousreply 13010/18/2013

"CUNT" is an ugly nasty hateful word .

Perfectly accurate definition from a lexicographical standpoint.

by Anonymousreply 13210/18/2013

[quote]I expect gay men to be more opposed to various forms of injustice than anybody else.

Lighten up.

Have fun.

Look around and play along.

by Anonymousreply 13310/18/2013

[quote] There's a link below to his book *1000 Homosexuals*! It set the standard for the way homos were treated in the popular culture during the Eisenhower years.

A quick check - the book was published in 1959.

Still making stuff up?

by Anonymousreply 13510/18/2013

"By the way, this is why no one will ever fuck you - all you women-haters - and why the only thing you will ever be able to coax into your asshole is your natty old Jeff Stryker dildo, stained with the remnants of your fiber diet and starting to get all shrivelled and peely from numerous trips through your dish washer"

And with this you prove yourself as hateful as you accuse others to be.

by Anonymousreply 13710/18/2013

Perhaps it is the way the word "CUNT" sounds in English that makes it seem like a harsh mean thing. How about other languages ?How to say cunt in any language

LanguagetPhraset Afgaraniant Karzait Afrikaanst Poes Arabict Koos Assameset Gida Austriant Futschas Azerit Gicdillag Bengalit fuun-ga Breoont Steempy Bulgariant Putka Cantoneset chi bai Chineset xia bi Czecht kunda Danisht Kusse Dutcht Kutwijf! Estoniant vitt/puts Filipinot pek pek Finnisht Pillu] Frencht salaud Gaelict gowl Germant die Fotze

there are TONS more , not a pretty sounding word in the world for cunt.

Amazing thing almost UNIVERSALLY around the world "cunt" is reserved for the most graphic and extreme insult.

So it's not just datalounge it's the whole world, obvious the behavior of those intimately associated with the word have greatly shaped its' meaning .

So stick that in your cunt and smoke it OP

by Anonymousreply 13910/18/2013

OP,you are a Cunt.

I'm calling it like I see it.

by Anonymousreply 14010/18/2013

And, anyway, why do women and their lackeys bring their sick issues of degraded horseshit here and rail on gay people, when the central issues these cunts have are with the straight men who use them and who they use?

Our disgust of cuntery is from a detached (thankfully) perspective. And what I see is the unbearable agony cunts have in not being able to control, entice or fool gay men, because we have no use for the ridiculous wares they attempt to control their world with.

What DOES one make of a subspecies that cannot abide its own form, it's own appearance, its own hair color? (Oh, I suppose that plenty of men have issues, but with women it is almost universal. How many women over 30 do you know who has her own hair color? Absurd, these insane messes screeching that we owe them something like allegiance when they call food "sinful" and have "guilt" over it.

I have many women friends, and they're the women who lack these issues. In other words, gay women are my friends. (Sorry for the "cunt" talk, but you can call me anything you want, dykes o' mine.)

by Anonymousreply 14210/18/2013

[quote] it's destructive - self-destructive, if you're a gay man who's doing it - and it must stop.

Our lives depend on it.

Please explain the details that would lead you to this conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 14310/18/2013

[quote] This is a big reason that homophobes hate gay men - because we want to be penetrated.

Have you never heard of a "Total Top", like Paddy O'Brian?

by Anonymousreply 14510/18/2013

The loony misogyny troll lives for all this attention. Maybe he secretly loves the word cunt and works mightily to provoke us into writing it.

by Anonymousreply 14710/18/2013

[quote] Eisenhower was President in 1959

So OP - you're running out of steam pal. So according to you the Eisenhower years atarted six years into his eight year term?

My suggestion - stay away from sound reasoning and go back to personal attacks.

You're reasoning is kind of sad.

At least the references to Stryker dildo's is good for a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 14910/18/2013

[quote] You're reasoning

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 15010/18/2013

Do you have a hobby r151. Maybe you could take up collage art or stamp collecting so you don't waste the rest of the life typing diatribes on DL and being provoked by trolls like me who just like to watch you suffer.

You cunt!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15210/18/2013

[quote]And call me naive, stupid, idealistic, insane,

We don't really need to call you that, you proclaim it - the stupid and insane part - with every post you make.

And guess what? I agree with you about misogyny here, although I don't think it's quite as rampant as you do. I think you're looking for it, and find it in places that it doesn't exist, like so many paranoid people do.

But it DOES have troubling presence here (credit Mrs. Patrick Campbell, whose repellent posts were among the first to bring that tone to DL). But you'll never solve it, because you aren't clever enough to know how to conduct this conversation. You only know how to annoy and turn people against you, which makes me think you're really doing it just to feed your ego and your own need for attention. You accomplish NOTHING of your aim - and I'm sure you've recognized that, so it's really just about hearing the own sound of your internet voice.

Which is a pity, because someone far more reasoned and articulate than you really SHOULD bring this to the forefront. We should turn our backs on that kind of behavior and deride it. Instead, we are just turning our backs on you.

by Anonymousreply 15310/18/2013

no fat chicks!

by Anonymousreply 15610/18/2013

r155 is so brave. And so tender to the touch.

by Anonymousreply 15710/19/2013

OMG this R149 fella is trying so hard to be condescending, but his overuse of apostrophes is unintentionally hilarious.

I'm not usually a punctuation queen, but that shit is funny.

No hard feeling's though, R149.

by Anonymousreply 15810/19/2013

I think this thread killed my ability to see new threads. What's going on with this site? Is it some kind of LesBorgian mind fuck? Okay, I surrender.

by Anonymousreply 15910/19/2013

r159, is that happening to you, too? My DL thing is totally fucked - it 'll only show me threads in which I've posted. I assumed it was some hacker taking vengeance on me! My narcissism'

by Anonymousreply 16010/19/2013

[quote]I think this thread killed my ability to see new threads. What's going on with this site? Is it some kind of LesBorgian mind fuck? Okay, I surrender.

Yes, my datalounge only shows the 27 posts i have replied to recently. Must be a glitch in the server.

Or maybe OP has organized his vengeful herd of cybercunts and hacked us all for mocking him.

But what are the odds of some dumb cunt being that technically gifted?

by Anonymousreply 16110/19/2013

[quote]Yes, my datalounge only shows the 27 posts i have replied to recently. Must be a glitch in the server.

Or maybe Datalounge died. PRIP, DL.

by Anonymousreply 16410/19/2013

r163, the post from r142 is alas entirely typical of the way many DL posters apparently feel about women.

by Anonymousreply 16510/19/2013

DL has returned. I thought its recent weird moment was all about me!

I didn't say I wasn't a narcissist.

I DID say that misogyny on DL must be intervened against wherever it occurs.

Are you with me?

by Anonymousreply 16610/19/2013

by Anonymousreply 16710/19/2013

Would Datalounge kill this thread?

by Anonymousreply 16810/19/2013

Straight men are soooooooo boring. If straight or gay women want to interact with men who are stimulating then their men of choice are gay men. It's that simple. Testosterone may be the devil's underpants but men can be a lot of fun, especially their humour. So straight and lesbian women come to DL to enjoy the humour and opinions of gay men and find that they are despised by those men. What's the answer, who knows. But that's why the women are here.

by Anonymousreply 16910/19/2013

Halp the datlunge is brokeded

by Anonymousreply 17210/22/2013

Everyone, just stop posting on this thread. All you are doing is feeding this troll's need for attention.

Stop giving it to him, and he will whither away, because he can't abide being ignored.

by Anonymousreply 17310/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!