Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

DL Fav Billy Magnussen for 50 Shades?

Going to screen test...

by Anonymousreply 2310/23/2013

Fuck, no. He is no "fav" of mine.

by Anonymousreply 110/17/2013

Going from starring in a Meryl Streep movie to...50 Shades of Grey. Wrong path!

by Anonymousreply 210/17/2013

A Meryl Streep movie usually has only one good thing about it -- Meryl herself -- so even "50 Shades of Grey" isn't much of a step down.

by Anonymousreply 310/17/2013

Billy Magnussen? Was Zachary Quinto unavailable?

by Anonymousreply 410/17/2013

As long as there's full frontal nudity----oh, yeah.

by Anonymousreply 510/17/2013

Read that the actor who backed out was only offered $125K for the role.

by Anonymousreply 610/17/2013

They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

by Anonymousreply 710/17/2013

Anytime an actor is announced as testing for a role, they never receive. Billy won't be the lead in this film, not even for the peanuts they paying for the role.

by Anonymousreply 810/17/2013

I'm going to have to kill you, R7. Get your affairs in order.

by Anonymousreply 910/17/2013

Now Broadway star Billy Magnussen and Australian actor Luke Bracey linked to role of kinky billionaire Christian in Fifty Shades Of Grey film

The competition for the lead role in Fifty Shades Of Grey continues to heat up with Billy Magnussen and Luke Bracey reportedly the latest young stars to be called in for a screen test, according to E! News.

The producers are stepping up their hunt for a replacement for Charlie Hunnam, who was due to play millionaire S&M fan Christian Grey in the adaptation of the bestselling novel. Charlie dropped out on Saturday, just three weeks before director Sam Taylor-Johnson is due to begin filming on November 1. He cited a clash with the schedule for his Sons Of Anarchy TV show, although subsequent reports claim he bailed due to conflict with the film's creative team.

As the millions of fans of author E.L. James's book know, the storyline involves a lot of sex scenes and nudity, which shouldn't be a problem for Billy and Luke. Both men are used to taking their clothes off. Billy, 28, stripped down to his Calvin Kleins for Broadway play Vanya And Sonia And Masha And Spike, a role that earned him a Tony nomination. He is currently shooting Rapunzel’s Prince in the movie musical Into The Woods.

Australian Luke, 24, got his break in beach-set soap Home And Away as a teenager and he was happy to reveal a taut six-pack in the film Monte Carlo in 2011. He also bulked up to play a Cobra commander in G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

Other names up for the role include Francois Arnaud, 28, Jamie Dornan, 31, Christian Cooke, 26 and Alexander Skarsgard, 37, famous for his numerous explicit sex scenes in HBO's vampire series True Blood.

Meanwhile, the studios behind the movie, Universal Pictures and Focus Features, have confirmed that Dakota Johnson, 24, is still committed to playing the leading role of Anastasia Steele. Variety reports that the daughter of Melanie Griffiths and Don Johnson has been struggling with the attention she’s got since her casting as the virgin-turned-sexpert wooed by Christian. NBC-Universal also confirmed during a company-wide town hall meeting that the Christian Grey recasting should be finalised within the next few weeks, according to Variety.

by Anonymousreply 1010/18/2013

I'm guessing that the casting controversy is going to wind up being the most interesting thing about this project. Wendy Williams says she's going to see it but at a matinee. Don't forget the hat and sunglasses, Wendy. Which is the only way I could see myself going to this piece of shit. Sitting with all the weinie wavers in the back row with my hat pulled down.

by Anonymousreply 1110/18/2013

I don't know who this Bracey guy is and haven't bothered to Google him. But I do know Magnussen from ATWT. I can see the target audience going for him. He's cute and built, but not so masculine as to be threatening.

by Anonymousreply 1210/18/2013

Magnussen does best in goofy comic stuff. He's very attractive but not in a sophisticated way.

by Anonymousreply 1310/18/2013

No, he is not Christian Grey. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 1410/18/2013

All of those folks listed are 'other names' ? Snort.

Haven't read the books, won't see the movie. Nor will anyone else most likely.

by Anonymousreply 1510/18/2013

I don't think he's right for the role, but this is great publicity for Billy.

by Anonymousreply 1610/18/2013

I've never read the book but some of the names listed don't seem to fit the description of Grey.

From what I've heard the role is worldly, rich, elegant, into S&M and control.

Bomer is way too small to meet that criteria. He's almost pocket-sized.

From the names listed I think Alexander Skarsgard fits most.

They also need to recast the female part. Dakota Johnson is one homely looking chick.

by Anonymousreply 1710/18/2013

They will go for someone who most people don't know. And they will cast someone not born in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 1810/18/2013

Back in 2006 or so when Billy first started on As the World Turns, there was a poster here who swore Billy was a kept boy.

He said Billy was in relationship with a male theater producer who was moving heaven and earth to make Billy's career happen. The producer's name was even mentioned in the thread, although I don't remember it.

Anyone else know about gay rumors about Billy or his relationship with the producer?

by Anonymousreply 1910/18/2013

Billy bump

by Anonymousreply 2010/19/2013

But seriously people, he could play Ellen Degeneres in her biopic.

by Anonymousreply 2110/19/2013

Aw, poor Billy didn't get cast. But maybe the pr has bumped him up to the D list.

by Anonymousreply 2210/23/2013

Jaime's been picked.

by Anonymousreply 2310/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.