Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

They're driving me nuts. Snail-mail, phone calls,e-mail. They seem hell-bent on getting a hundred bucks out of every household every month.

by Anonymousreply 2105/01/2014

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 210/18/2013

It's not just comcast it is all the providers. Where I live there are numerous satellite services and a cable company.

I get an advertisement every day in the paper, more in the mail. I only have broadcast TV, actually get it on a repeater and it is not digital, you need an old TV to pick it up.

by Anonymousreply 310/18/2013

I agree it's all cable providers, including ATT U-verse.

Until consumers win the battle in Congress against the powerful cable TV lobby, we are stuck with non-existent or feeble completion, tiers of channels instead of a la a carte, media concentration, and shitty customer service.

Don't vote Republican -- they think the way it works now, with the right people getting rich off it (their supporters) is just fine and dandy.

Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 410/19/2013

My bills have gone up steadily over the years for the same service and have recently crossed the $100 per month threshold which pisses me off every time I get the bill. This is for Internet and bare bones broadcast basic cable (which I don't watch). I want to ditch cable altogether but dread dealing with their customer service so much I just shine it on every month.

by Anonymousreply 510/19/2013

A good one to bump.

Give 'em hell, boys and girls.

by Anonymousreply 604/30/2014

Comcast is terrible. If you can avoid them, do it. Comcast purposefully makes sure there is some problem with my service every few months usually around any holiday so someone can come out to fix it and charge me. I haven't done anything with any Comcast equipment since I got it yet I constantly have problems.

by Anonymousreply 704/30/2014

Don't pay for cable. Pay for internet and stream. I don't have cable but watch more shows than ever. And many of the sites don't have any commercials.

I watch almost everything on Couchtuner. I prefer to run it in Google Chrome and have my computer settings set up a certain way, but it's great. The shows come up a few minutes after they air. Some shows come up a half hour before they air on regular tv. There's no downloading. You just stream it. They don't have older shows (Sopranos, the wire), just current shows. And they have all the episodes of the shows. I use Couchtuner the most is also good. They have a much larger selection and a few shows that have gone off the air (sopranos, The Wire, Southland). They have some British shows too is also very good. They have a lot of older shows and foreign tv shows.

TubePlus is good. They also have movies and reality shows. None of the above sites really have reality shows. New tv episodes usually come up the next day carries live feeds of American and other country's tv channels. I watch this for cable news, British tv channels (of course there is a time difference - England is 5 hrs ahead of us). It does take about 30 to 45 seconds for ads to play before the feed shows up, so if you want to watch something at 10 pm, you should pull up the feed at 9:58 so you don't miss the first minute or two

If you want to know the best way to set up your computer to use these sites, just ask

by Anonymousreply 804/30/2014

R8 Registering to watch shows is more common on the internet now. Aren't you concerned these companies are keeping track of your viewing habits? I don't like the idea what I watch is being recorded.

by Anonymousreply 904/30/2014

Not that long ago someone posted something about how Comcast customer service was rated as the worst or the next to worst in the entire country. They knew it was so bad and it was driving away so many customers that they have switched most of their customer service operations to an interactive online type of service so that most of their customers don't ever have to talk to an incompetent Comcast employee

by Anonymousreply 1004/30/2014

[quote] they have switched most of their customer service operations to an interactive online type of service so that most of their customers don't ever have to talk to an incompetent Comcast employee

I did this about a month ago because I didn't want to have to talk on the phone with anyone and it was quick and simple - the problem was solved without a lot of hassle.

by Anonymousreply 1104/30/2014

People who have constant problems with cable/internet are too fucking stupid to figure shit out for themselves.

Yes, customer service sucks. But some of you just need to spend 10 seconds trying to fix your own problems before whining like a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1204/30/2014

R12 You best believe I'm going to complain about terrible service. All the problems I've had have been outside my house because I haven't touched any Comcast equipment since it was installed. Comcast technicians frequently visit homes in my area. Companies use fees to generate profit. Charging people to repair problems the company creates is a reliable profit source.

by Anonymousreply 1304/30/2014

[quote]If you want to know the best way to set up your computer to use these sites, just ask

by Anonymousreply 1404/30/2014

Just twist the thingamabob around the whatjamacallit.

If you get an error message, call Ghostbusters.

by Anonymousreply 1504/30/2014

I have Verizon and always have for DSL, the quality as gone down and the price gone up over the past three years. They are a true customer service nightmare, hanging up on me and ne'er fixing anything. Still, I'm loathe to switch to what I perceive as the greater evil, comcast.

by Anonymousreply 1604/30/2014

[quote] Registering to watch shows is more common on the internet now. Aren't you concerned these companies are keeping track of your viewing habits? I don't like the idea what I watch is being recorded.

You don't have to register for anything. I don't know where you are even getting the idea that you have to register for something from. And I don't care if anyone knows what I watch. They don't even know who I am. You just go on these sites and watch a movie, a film or a television channel. they don't ask for any information. They don't ask for anything

by Anonymousreply 1704/30/2014

I recommend using Google Chrome on all these sites and set up your system so nothing downloads without your authorization. These tv/movie sites don't download harmful stuff, but their advertisers will download players you do not need. You will never need any type of player to view these websites. It will say you do, but you don't. It might say your flash player or google edition is out of date. It isn't. Click out of these.

On Google Chrome, go to history. Go to settings. Click, [go to advanced settings]. Under PRIVACY, click [Content Settings]. Go down to Automatic Downloads. Select, [Do not allow any site to download multiple files automatically]. While you're at it, go up to Mouse Cursor and select, [Do not allow any site to disable the mouse cursor]. Then click done

warning: When watching a show, you will get 2 or 3 pop up ads in the very beginning of almost every tv episode. Most of them pop up in another tab. You don't have to watch them. Don't even look at them. Just right click out of them. It takes a second to right click it. That's how they make their money, from these pop-ups. Some people I've told about this were pissed off about this. They expected it to be without any type of ad. Hey, don't bitch about it, it's free and you can get just about every tv show you want. It also beats paying $150 a month for cable. I have been using these sites since last June and haven't had any problems

Now go over to Couchtuner and try it out. If you have a problem with a slow loading show, pick a different player. I like VK and VK-mobile the best. Player and Vidbull aren't bad either. When you pull up a show, you want to click the yellow print that says, [Watch it here]. A screen comes up with the show. Wait until you see a picture of the tv show (if you do it before it might not load that well). I like the VK player so I click VK-Mobile (the players are above the video screen). I just pulled up Game of Thrones. A pop up came up in another tab. I right clicked it out. Then I watch the show. It's a little different, but I don't think I could ever go back to cable.

by Anonymousreply 1804/30/2014

I have been with comcast (or companies they bought out) for almost 24 years now, with never a late or missed payment. A repair man came along this week and disconnected my service with out telling me, I caught him as he was about to drive off. Asked him if he knew he had disconnect me and he said that the connection was old and leaking so he disconnected it. He was a real smart ass, eventually got him to reconnect it, but he said he would have to call in a repair order.

I was majorly pissed, reported him, Comcast offered me a free month of Starz, I declined. I didn't want to, but DirecTV here I come, really hate committing myself to a two year contract.

by Anonymousreply 1905/01/2014

A comcast truck was outside my building and next thing I know he was hammering my wall. My neighbor has U-verse and I have another internet provider and antenna tv. I challenged the worker since I knew there were no Comcast subscribers in our building. He said he is going around the neighborhood checking to make sure Comcast cables are properly grounded so they won't be affected by lightning strikes, and that caused him to take a hammer to a cable on the side of my building.

by Anonymousreply 2005/01/2014

Maybe you can see public domain shows of Joan Davis on it?

by Anonymousreply 2105/01/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!