Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Thomas Roberts to co-host Miss Universe in Moscow

NEW YORK, Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NBC, Donald J. Trump, and Paula M. Shugart, president of the Miss Universe Organization, announced today that Thomas Roberts and Mel B will host the 62nd Annual Miss Universe® Competition airing Saturday, Nov. 9 (9-11 p.m. ET/PT) from Crocus City Hall in Moscow. The global event will also air with a Spanish simulcast on Telemundo.

Thomas Roberts is an award-winning journalist and host of "MSNBC Live" at 11a.m. weekdays. Roberts also serves as a fill-in host and contributor on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" and NBC's "Today." He received a 2002 Emmy-nomination for his work on the documentary "Parvo Puppies" and also received an Edward R. Murrow Award in 2001 for a documentary he produced titled "When Parents Don't Pay."

by Anonymousreply 3511/09/2013

He is hosting because it is a "huge, visible opportunity for LGBT people. Everywhere."

by Anonymousreply 110/17/2013

Someone on Twitter said he was the Rosa Parks of beauty pageant hosts!

by Anonymousreply 210/17/2013

Hmmm... If nothing is said about the LGBT issue during the telecast, does it count?

Thomas Roberts is hardly Elton or Boy George. He's a gaylebrity, and I don't write that as a diss.

by Anonymousreply 310/17/2013

R3 Miss Universe is owned by Trump and he has an overall deal with NBC

Is there any other high profile gay male among the NBC ranks?

by Anonymousreply 410/17/2013

Gross. Shame on him.

by Anonymousreply 510/17/2013

He definitely won't skirt around the gay issue, but shame on him for getting in bed (so to speak) with a person as vile as Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 610/17/2013

[quote]He is hosting because it is a "huge, visible opportunity for LGBT people. Everywhere."

I appreciate the logic of that.

by Anonymousreply 710/17/2013

I want to know how much the paycheck is. That's the reason he's doing it. I will give him and NBC props if they mention support for gays and it AIRS.

by Anonymousreply 810/17/2013

Rumor has it his show is the one that's getting bumped to make room for Ronan Farrow's.

by Anonymousreply 910/17/2013

"That's the reason he's doing it."

If you read the link at R1, you would know that's not the reason he is doing it.

by Anonymousreply 1010/17/2013

Anyone consorting with Trump is dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 1110/17/2013

Someone explain this to me. How in the world is he going to make this into a statement for gay rights?

"Hello, I'm your host Thomas Roberts and my co-host Mel B of the Spice Girls. Tonight you'll be introduced to some of the loveliest women from around the globe. Neither of I want to fuck them. I am a big homosexual legally married to a homosexual man, as is Mel B who is a heterosexual woman and legally married to a heterosexual man. Mel B and I both love cock."

Not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 1210/17/2013

R9, why would anyone want to watch Ronan Farrow?

by Anonymousreply 1310/17/2013

More like "Uncle Tom"-ass Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 1410/17/2013

Mel B has talked about enjoying part time lady lovin.

by Anonymousreply 1510/17/2013

Well, then when Thomas mentions that he and Mel B like cock she is honor bound to say "But I've had pussy as well, Thomas. And I liked it."

by Anonymousreply 1610/17/2013

What a maroon.

by Anonymousreply 1710/17/2013

I like Thomas, but is he going to announce that he's gay? Is he going to speak out against these new bigoted Russian laws against gays? If not, what will Thomas' presence do to advance equality for gays in Russia?

by Anonymousreply 1810/18/2013

Will Thomas show his Manhunt pics?

by Anonymousreply 1910/18/2013

Thomas was on manhunt? link!!!

by Anonymousreply 2010/18/2013

r12 LOL !!!

by Anonymousreply 2110/18/2013

Thomas Roberts nudies...

by Anonymousreply 2210/18/2013

Thomas Roberts Takedown.

by Anonymousreply 2310/21/2013

To boyculture-"Right on, Willona!"

by Anonymousreply 2410/21/2013

There's a pussy next to him, r23!

by Anonymousreply 2510/21/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2610/21/2013

He is working for orange face Trump?-Turncoat!.....just wants a free trip with the BF. He is handsome though, but I just lost a lot of respect for him. Guess Andy Cohen couldn't do it this year so they needed another homo to host that no one knows outside of the US. Mel B knows nothing about about beauty....plastic surgery- yes. I hope there is a riot in the theater with anti Putin protesters.

by Anonymousreply 2710/21/2013

R4, Bravo is owned by NBC Universal, so Andy Cohen counts as another "high profile gay male among the NBC ranks" as does Sean Hayes.

R27, it's not that Andy Cohen "couldn't" do it this year, he stated several months ago that he refused to do it.

by Anonymousreply 2810/21/2013

I don't think he's especially bright, he's just a pretty news reader. I don't think he understands what he is doing. Somebody convinced him it was ok to do it and the money was too attractive to pass up. Sad, but he's no Einstein.

by Anonymousreply 2910/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 3010/21/2013

Miss Venezuela looks like a drag queen who's had a ton of plastic surgery.

Spain got robbed!

by Anonymousreply 3111/09/2013

Miss Spain Patricia Rodriguez is gorgeous and all natural! She should have won!

by Anonymousreply 3211/09/2013

Because the show is owned by Donald Trump, it reeks of the 80's. So tacky...from the boy band to Thomas Roberts wearing a green velvet jacket???!!!! To the strip pole for the swimsuit competition. To the cheesy million dollar swimsuit that looked like it was off the rack at Loehmann's. Even Miss Universe wearing it seemed embarrased because she covered up her coochy and didn't reveal it all. Are those chairs in the evening gown portion left over set pieces from a production of The Chairs or Grand Hotel when it played the Uris Theater in NYC? I think I saw Miss Dominican Republic in Washington Heights serving pork from a food cart- she is muy fea. Philippines got the typhoon sympathy vote and they love pageants there hence got the audience vote for final placing.

by Anonymousreply 3311/09/2013

I forgot to add Steven Tyler to the 80's mix.

by Anonymousreply 3411/09/2013

My fault, miss read the title and thought it was John Roberts for a minute.

by Anonymousreply 3511/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!