Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How do you clean your bathroom?

Any tips?

by Anonymousreply 5810/20/2013

Steel wool, Comet, Scrubbing Bubbles, and Pine SOl (works well on bathrooms too).

by Anonymousreply 110/17/2013

I use those Clorox wipes day-to-day, and Lysol spray. Wipe down and spray the toilet, sink, fixtures and garbage can daily, and a daily shower spray to keep mildew at bay. On weekends I attack everything with soft scrub and a scrubbing brush, Tilex the shower/bathtub, throw bathmats in the laundry and mop the floor. Also use a special cleaner for the toilet, something really bleachy with the angled nozzle, can't remember the name. I think whatever I have at home is the generic version.

by Anonymousreply 310/17/2013

With Consuela.

by Anonymousreply 410/17/2013

I go to the dollar stores and buy tub an tile cleaner. I avoid buying the cheap toilet bowl cleaner, because it's like squirting colored water into the toilet. I do btw all cleaning of the bathroom in my birthday suit. Something about being fully nude and feeling my cock hanging while I scrub whatever, just feels good.

by Anonymousreply 510/17/2013

The cleaners listed above are all toxic and probably carcinogenic. Stick with vinegar and water, it works well and it won't give you cancer twenty years down the road.

by Anonymousreply 610/17/2013

I don't.

by Anonymousreply 710/17/2013

With Margaret Ann.

by Anonymousreply 810/17/2013

R6, I'm trying to clean my bathroom, not douche it.

by Anonymousreply 910/17/2013

R6's house smells like a SEWER!

by Anonymousreply 1010/17/2013

[quote]I do btw all cleaning of the bathroom in my birthday suit. Something about being fully nude and feeling my cock hanging while I scrub whatever, just feels good.

I do this too, but not because it feels good. A lot of bathroom cleansers are bleachy and I'd rather not get bleach even on a ratty old T-shirt. Plus nothing makes me feel filthier (in the gross, literal way) than scrubbing a week's worth of piss, shit and god-knows-what. Any clothes I might wear would just be thrown right in the hamper, and I take a Silkwood shower the second I'm finished, so why wear clothes at all? You are in the bathroom anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1110/17/2013

Magic eraser works great on most everything. If you have dried toothpaste in sink get it wet and do something else. When you come back it will wipe away easily. Swiffer extender makes it easy to reach baseboards, light fixtures etc. Use Clean Shower spray after you shower. A little goes far.

by Anonymousreply 1210/17/2013

You naked house cleaners are making me horny. Is there a service like this?

by Anonymousreply 1310/17/2013

Disinfectant wipes are most helpful. Everywhere. Scrubbing Bubbles for the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 1410/17/2013

Last step.

I vacuum the floor last, then use a steamer to clean and disinfect. Once more with the vac. Done.

by Anonymousreply 1510/17/2013

This stuff. It's brilliant on dirt and limescale, all natural, cost effective (one capful in a bucket with hot water + sponge) and smells nice.

It's also great on floors, oven hobs and well... everything apart from inside the oven. Only Mr. Muscle Oven Cleaner foam seems to be able to eat up that sort of grease, unfortunately.

Trust me on this. Orange Mate.

by Anonymousreply 1610/17/2013

Sounds like none of you guys even poo in your bathrooms.

by Anonymousreply 1710/17/2013

Bar Keeper's Friend.

by Anonymousreply 1810/17/2013

I second Bar Keeper's Friend. I was living in a temporary situation with roommates and the tub had this gray film that clorox wouldn't get rid of. A friend suggested BKF and all the gray stuff scrubbed away. Works really well on porcelain.

by Anonymousreply 1910/17/2013

Another vote for scrubbing bubbles and tilex, and niw I'm going to add barkeepers friend.

by Anonymousreply 2010/17/2013

Clean as you go.

by Anonymousreply 2110/17/2013

There's an excellent, inexpensive product called LA's Totally Awesome you can find at Dollar General (and probably other stores).

It's a yellow colored concentrate which you dilute to the strength you need--there's a chart on the bottle--so it ends up being super cheap to use.

by Anonymousreply 2210/17/2013

Clorox wipes, Clorox Toilet Wands, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (removes scum from bathtub without chemicals)

by Anonymousreply 2310/17/2013

EZ Off oven cleaner for shower doors. Spray on. Leave overnight. Rinse off. No scrubbing necessary.

Clorox wipes for sink. Windex for mirror. Comet in the toilet with a brush.

by Anonymousreply 2410/17/2013

Windex is just ammonia diluted with water and blue dye.

by Anonymousreply 2510/17/2013

I just get out of the way. I go downstairs while the cleaning lady does the bathrooms on the second floor and I go upstairs while she cleans the bathroom on the first floor.

by Anonymousreply 2610/17/2013

I put the bowl cleaner in first and pre spray the toilet. Them I do the sink and mirrors. When I get to the toilet there's no scrubbing needed, just a wipe down.

by Anonymousreply 2710/17/2013

I've found bad stains in the bathtub usually come right out if you carefully squirt a small amount of toilet bowl cleaner on it. Just don't get it on the chrome. Also I'd check Craig's list for nude house cleaners.

by Anonymousreply 2810/18/2013

Cleaning is something peasants do. Just move.

by Anonymousreply 2910/18/2013

I love cleaning the bathroom.

I use Toilet Duck for the toilet.

For the sink and tile floor and walls I simply use Mr. Clean in a bucket of hot water. I use that in the shower as well.

For the mirror and glass I use a homemade mixture of vinegar, rubbing alcohol, water, and a drop of Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle. It works better than Windex and doesn't leave a film.

by Anonymousreply 3010/18/2013

Bleach, bleach and more bleach.

by Anonymousreply 3110/18/2013

I always start with a rag on the toilet, then I use this same rag on the sink. Then the next weekend, I get that same rag and use it on the toilet, followed by the sink. The rag stays in the sink.

by Anonymousreply 3210/18/2013

Uggh R32 lives in a petri dish. A dirty bathroom is tolerable for a one off when you didn't see it beforehand. I could never have a friendship or relationship with such a slob.

by Anonymousreply 3310/18/2013

I am thinking of getting a steam cleaner for the bathroom. Does anyone own one? Are they worth it?

by Anonymousreply 3410/18/2013

I use a steam cleaner for tile floors. Will never go back to a regular mop. Currently looking around to find the best steam cleaner to use on other surfaces.

link for consumer reports on hand held steamers

by Anonymousreply 3510/18/2013

I clean mine on Saturday mornings, but use Lysol wipes during the week if it needs a quick wipe up. Am I a disgusting pig for waiting all week? I do a very thorough cleaning on Saturday with the usual products like scrubbing bubbles tile cleaner, Windex, those disposable toilet brushes, Lysol wipes and swiffer mop brushes.

by Anonymousreply 3610/18/2013

I can't believe you queens are constantly mocking the frauen and then create a thread to brag about how many times a week you use your toxic bathroom chemicals. You boys are the ultimate victims of marketing aimed at frau housewives...and you'll probably develop urogenital cancers in your 50s thanks to all the wonderful "dollar store" chemicals you inhale (nude) in your bifs. Pathetic, really.

by Anonymousreply 3710/18/2013

I make my mom clean it.

by Anonymousreply 3810/18/2013

Wow, R37. You're really on an "I hate gay men" rampage today.

by Anonymousreply 3910/18/2013

Wipe sinks and counters daily with lysol wipes. I use pine sol to clean the toliet and I clean the mirror every other day.

by Anonymousreply 4010/18/2013

[quote]Any tips?

Don't tip the help.

by Anonymousreply 4110/18/2013

I am a gay man, R39, but I am sick to death of the prisspot queens on DL who spend their lives whining about fraus. It seems to me they're one and the same, that's all. When I scanned this thread it looked like something on a frau site and I was struck by the hypocrisy of it all.

by Anonymousreply 4210/18/2013

I'm with R37, but honey, what's a "bif"?

by Anonymousreply 4310/18/2013

I have my Latino houseboy do it while dressed in a thong, all the while dancing to Gloria Estefan's Greatest Hits. My bathroom is Spic-and-Span clean.

by Anonymousreply 4410/18/2013

Good question, R43. I was having a prisspot meltdown of my own and was using bif to refer to the bathroom. No idea how I came up with it, I'm not even a Bif Naked fan.

by Anonymousreply 4510/18/2013

[quote]When I scanned this thread it looked like something on a frau site and I was struck by the hypocrisy of it all.

It's too bad that hypocrisy didn't knock you down and drive away.

Do you ever stop to think that maybe you take things, particularly Datalounge, way too fucking seriously? Lighten up, fruit flan. You only live once.

by Anonymousreply 4610/18/2013

[quote] I love cleaning the bathroom.

R30 R39 R46 you sound like one of the cunts who is turning DL into iVillage. Go watch some Oprah reruns and steer clear of the "fruit flan" for a while.

by Anonymousreply 4710/18/2013

I think R44 has found Agador Spartacus.

by Anonymousreply 4810/19/2013

White vinegar in the toilet bowl works wonders. Use vinegar instead of bleach everywhere boys instead of bleach & ammonia.

by Anonymousreply 4910/19/2013

I am amazed at R3. Why on earth does your bathroom need that much cleaning every day?!

by Anonymousreply 5010/19/2013

You're supposed to clean your bathroom?

by Anonymousreply 5110/19/2013

[quote]When I scanned this thread it looked like something on a frau site

So, cleaning your bathroom is a frau thing? Remind me not to visit your house.

by Anonymousreply 5210/20/2013

R13 Yeah, WHET the "nude maid" fad? It seemed like they were everywhere about 15-20 years ago but you never hear about them anymore. There's even a song about them in "Naked Boys Singing."

by Anonymousreply 5310/20/2013

Judicious use of napalm cuts through the grime...

by Anonymousreply 5410/20/2013

A live grenade in the toilet bowl with the lid closed usually does the job.

by Anonymousreply 5510/20/2013

i'm renting my apt and it seems that the tub is dyed black. sometimes, when i scrub, little white spots appear, is it because the color is wearing off?

by Anonymousreply 5610/20/2013

I piss all around the toilet and especially in the corners. That where the dust collects, I find.

by Anonymousreply 5710/20/2013

Old Dutch, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 5810/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!