Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tech help (please and thank-you)

I was away on business for a month and when I returned home, my laptop did not recognize my wireless internet service. During my trip, I used the internet service at other locations, but the one at home has stayed the same, without interruptions.

I can use my home internet only by connecting with an Ethernet cord. Yes, my wireless is "enabled" on my laptop.

by Anonymousreply 1711/08/2013

What OS do you have?

by Anonymousreply 110/17/2013

Assuming you're using Windows, try (1) rebooting your modem and router, then (2) telling your computer to "Forget this network" (if it shows up at all) then (3) reconnect with your Wi-Fi password.

by Anonymousreply 210/17/2013

It's Windows 7 Home Premium. I believe I already did what R2 suggested, but I'll try again.

by Anonymousreply 310/17/2013

R3 So is your network not showing up at all under "available wireless networks"?

by Anonymousreply 410/17/2013

No, it shows up as available, but unable to connect.

by Anonymousreply 510/17/2013

Did you try pressing the "troubleshoot" button?

Are you sure you-- 1. Turned off modem and router for at least 20 seconds, then on again 2. Turn off laptop for 20 seconds, then on again

by Anonymousreply 610/17/2013

You're on the internet.

Google your brand of Modem and how to reset your wireless connection.

by Anonymousreply 710/17/2013

Does it show up in your wireless list? The other person is right, forget that connection then go into properties and make sure your "network and sharing settings" as well as delete everything under "Manage wireless network(NOT "manage connections) (left hand side under networks and sharing). Delete everything there that is wireless..whatever shows up, even your old settings.

Go into your router it'll be something like 192.12xxx blah blah blah whatever your router brand uses and make sure you're broadcasting and everything is right there. You can do that connected to ethernet.

by Anonymousreply 810/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 910/17/2013

Sorry guys, couldn't get it to work. I'm tethered to my Ethernet cord.

by Anonymousreply 1010/17/2013

R10 Turn everything off, then start over. Let us know what kind of responses you get. Does your router show that it's connected to your modem? (Appropriate lights or whatever are blinking?) Does your network name show up on your computer?

Worse comes to worst, you can always reset your router and start over with a new password and everything. Or you may just need a new router.

by Anonymousreply 1110/17/2013

Op, this is very important: Use your main finger to deactivate the combinator switch. Then, simultaneously, use your other finger to establish a power connection with both the input and output valve relays. Don't forget that the fireframe MUST be in the reset position, otherwise you will have to generate a new protocol key. Once you've made sure both valve relays are in the correct position, initiate a port transfer using the password you set up when your internet service was installed. Your laptop should say "Boot:Task 3431" or something like that at this point. Hit Del, Enter,Tab, Backspace and Caps Lock buttons simultaneously. Screen should now read "Boot:Task // undefined". Power down computer and restart. Connection should be working. If any of these steps don't work, rapidly turn computer off and on several times, then start over. Good Luck and you're welcome!!

by Anonymousreply 1210/17/2013

Just go back to paper and pen

by Anonymousreply 1310/17/2013

Is yours a non-Apple computer?

OIC ….

by Anonymousreply 1410/17/2013

I suspect OP is full of shit.

You remind me of those office ninny who act oh-s-helpless just so they can get someone else to do their work for them.

Googe it. Call an IT service. Just take some god damn initiative to figure it out, moron.

by Anonymousreply 1510/18/2013

Never EVER ask a technical question without at least telling everyone what Operating System and version you're using, and some detailed steps of what you've tried, and what "failed" (i.e. describe the problem accurately and clearly).

In Windows 7, there's a little Network Icon in the lower right of the task bar. Click it, and one of the options is "Open Network and Sharing Center". Click that, and you'll see an option to "Connect to a network", as well as "Troubleshoot Problems".

One of those options should help you out.

by Anonymousreply 1610/18/2013

Tank you people for fixting my puter. It works good now.

by Anonymousreply 1711/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!