Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Melissa McCarthy on cover of ELLE

latest controversy involving McCarthy; people are criticizing that she's wearing an over-sized big coat on the cover of ELLE magazine.

Maybe the coat is over-sized because it has to be.

by Anonymousreply 4602/27/2014

It has to be? Um, it's not like overweight people can't wear clothes that fit

by Anonymousreply 110/17/2013

Why bother putting her on the cover if you going to make her hide her body?

by Anonymousreply 210/17/2013

I think the coat does fit her.

by Anonymousreply 310/17/2013

Can ELLE make me look pretty too???

by Anonymousreply 410/17/2013

It's the winter coat issue, what do you think she should be wearing?

by Anonymousreply 510/17/2013

Did you know she's Jenny McCarthy's cousin? It was in some celeb site's list of surprise relatives.

by Anonymousreply 610/17/2013

[quote]Why bother putting her on the cover if you going to make her hide her body?

Because the idea is to display the clothes, not her body. It's a fashion magazine.

by Anonymousreply 710/17/2013

Goddammit. I clicked without looking and just sent traffic to Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 810/17/2013

Elle needs to call a spade a spade. She is FAT. Not voluptuous, not curvy, not a "real woman". FAT. When she has a stroke, or goes into a diabetic coma, will they just say she was "tired?"

by Anonymousreply 910/17/2013

Looks like she lost a ton to a ton and a half in that pic. She's has an ass and hips displacement comparable to the battle ship Iowa. I think the photographer really air-brushed the crap out of that picture or her head is on someone else's body. Melissa has legs and calves by Steinway, and in that shot she's sporting normal sized legs.

by Anonymousreply 1010/17/2013

sorry R8, I heard this was in the news and did a quick google and that was the first article that came up

by Anonymousreply 1110/17/2013

She's lucky to be on the cover at all. Kate Winslet had to do a weigh-in in front of me before I agreed to her Vogue cover.

by Anonymousreply 1210/17/2013

Melissa has a nice face and is really funny. Would she still be funny if she lost a ton of weight? Probably, but she might fear that she won't be. Which is why she seems to lose a little and then gain alot. She looks good on that cover of Elle but since most heavy people will hide under their coats well into Spring due to shame, it is disturbing that the magazine would be so bold as to suggest that fat people are unsightly and doing the rest of us a favor by keeping those coats on. As a matter of fact, this topic is being discussed on my local newscast right now.

by Anonymousreply 1310/17/2013

Coat's cute, she looks great.

by Anonymousreply 1410/17/2013

How is she able to do Mike & Molly, Walking Dead and have a movie career all at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 1510/17/2013

She's never been on Walking Dead. Are you confusing her with Melissa McBride? McBride is skinny.

by Anonymousreply 1610/17/2013

That's as beautiful as she will ever look again. Sort of the chubby-yet-chic Liz Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 1710/17/2013

It looks like they trimmed the double chin but she does look great. She has a pretty face. I think this cover looks better than the ones with Shailene Woody and Marion Cotilliard in their yoga togs. They both look scrawny and decidedly unsexy.

by Anonymousreply 1810/17/2013

The public criticism is political correctness at its worst. Wake up, folks. The woman is obese. There was a time not too long ago when someone like her would have never even been on the cover of a fashion magazine, but there she is, and good for her. I thought proper fashion for "large ladies" was how to cover up the skin without looking like you're wearing a caftan, no? She looks great on the cover, and thank god she's not wearing a little black cocktail dress.

by Anonymousreply 1910/17/2013

She looks ok for a plus sized woman. But thank God I'm not that big.

by Anonymousreply 2010/17/2013

I think this is a manufactured controversy by her image management firm just to build the talk about their client.

by Anonymousreply 2110/17/2013

I would never have known that was Melissa McCarthy if I hadn't read if here. She is photoshopped to within an inch of her life.

by Anonymousreply 2210/17/2013

"It is sending the psychological message that hiding is what full-figured women should do."

Damn straight. Body shame these obese bitches into getting themselves into shape. McCarthy is obese, and that's nothing to be proud of.

by Anonymousreply 2310/17/2013

No R6 not Jenny McCarthy.

She is the cousin Jenny Garth of 90210 fame.

They even look alike but one is a big girl and one isn't!

by Anonymousreply 2410/17/2013

I'm skinny and I like to wear loose clothes, why everyone gotta wear tight clothes, why everyone gotta show their skin. Let the people who wanna show their skin show it, I don't want to. She looks nice, let's all get fat together. Get fat with me baby.

by Anonymousreply 2510/17/2013

[quote]Wake up, folks. The woman is obese.

by Anonymousreply 2610/17/2013

Let's all move to the inappropriate farting thread, they're having more fun over there.

by Anonymousreply 2710/17/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2810/17/2013

[quote]'The View's' Jenny McCarthy defends cousin Melissa McCarthy's Elle cover

by Anonymousreply 2910/17/2013

For a supposed "fashion magazine" they did a pretty shitty job of styling her for the cover. How lazy was the stylist for this cover shoot? It would have been nice if they took the opportunity to put her in something stylish and size appropriate, but instead they wrap her up in that huge, badly cut, gray monstrosity of a coat. The same shit is also constantly done with Adele. These magazines want these successful women in their magazines to sell copies, but couldn't fucking care less about making the pictures look good the way they would with Beyonce or fucking J.Lo.

by Anonymousreply 3010/17/2013

Still. Melissa looks very glamorous on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 3110/18/2013

Ok some big girls can be sexy but not this frumpy frau bitch. Throw a tarp over it!

by Anonymousreply 3210/18/2013

I think it is a good cover for her.

She looks like a kind of a spy. Maybe she is hiding something in that coat. Perhaps they were going for a Wikileaks-Edward Snowden theme?

by Anonymousreply 3310/18/2013

I totally agree, r18. At least her "look" (styling, coat, hair) stands out. The other three, especially Marion, look pretty pedestrian.

by Anonymousreply 3410/18/2013

great big fat person

by Anonymousreply 3510/18/2013

She is wearing a very expensive coat. It's still fashion!

by Anonymousreply 3710/18/2013

Who the fuck is Shailene Woody?

by Anonymousreply 3810/18/2013

They manage to find attractive and stylish clothing for that heifer Moprah. The covers of O strike a balance between savvy styles and photoshop. Elle could have done much better by Melissa. That coat looks like a critical mother threw something on her fat daughter to hide the shame.

by Anonymousreply 3910/18/2013

Wow, R36.

by Anonymousreply 4010/18/2013

So true r36

by Anonymousreply 4110/18/2013

I meant Shailene Woodley. She's one of the up and comers among the new crop of young actresses. She gets consistently good reviews for her roles. She played Clooney's daughter in The Descendants.

by Anonymousreply 4210/19/2013

I don't believe it when fat people say: I'm okay being fat! I love myself!

The thing is, thinner is better.

by Anonymousreply 4310/19/2013

Can't wait for her upcoming feature film "Tammy".

by Anonymousreply 4402/27/2014

That's hilarious. She should be covered up. Fat people are gross. Fuck this fat acceptance bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 4502/27/2014

why does she always wear a bustle?

by Anonymousreply 4602/27/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!