Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Aspergers or just crazy

Inspired by another thread, I have to wonder if I should seek a diagnosis of Asperger’s (or Autism spectrum) Below is a list my reasons for suspecting

-tEye Contact, I seldom make it, when I do, it becomes unbearable after maybe two seconds. The only exception to this is if the person in question has startling blue eyes that I just can’t stop looking at, though admittedly, I probably never look for more than a second or two at a time even then.

-tConversation, I can talk endlessly about any subject that I’m interested in, seldom leaving my listeners a chance to speak, I’ll interject side stories detailing something that I’ve mentioned into my own dialogue, it never occurs to me to check to see if my audience is listening because I naturally assume that they find the same subjects intensely interesting. If the subject is changed before I make a point or tell a detail that I find delightful, I’ll change the subject back, even if I have to sit through (mostly ignoring) other topics for ten minutes before I can interject this tidbit, in certain situations, I change the subject back immediately. However, at other times I can hit many different subjects in one rant.

-tI tend to research things that spark my interest. I can easily be up most of the night reading information on whatever has sparked my interest recently. I’ll look at the clock and realize that it’s nearly 5am and I’ll have been yawning at 11.

-tI will definitely say that unless I’m being purposeful, I am quite clumsy and without grace.

-tI was very verbally advanced at an early age, my vocabulary was on collegiate scale before I finished middle school. However, I’ve never been great with spelling or punctuation. I can however use a dazzling array of words appropriately during a verbal conversation.

-tSex, This one always confuses me. I can literally go a month or more without being horny. Then I’ll hit a period where I want sex 24/7 I only want to do specific things with specific guys, I may have one that I only want to top for, another that I’ll only bottom for, yet another that I’ll engage in leather and kink with. But would not do so with the others. Because I just don’t see them as being sexually fit for the position. Then after a couple of weeks I get sick of it all and won’t have any desire for sex for at least a week or more. This makes relationships unbearable on that front, because I’ll feel as though I’m forcing myself into sex to please my partner, then I’ll be back on hot and heavy and confuse the hell out of them.

-tI also don’t care for someone to actually live with me. When I want them there, I want them there 24/7, but when I want space, I want them to go home until I’m ready to spend time with them again.

I think I’m a seriously fucked up individual.

by Anonymousreply 5210/21/2013

You're what we in the medical community call a self-involved jerk and nobody likes you.

by Anonymousreply 410/17/2013

You seem too self-aware.

by Anonymousreply 610/17/2013

OP, you sound like an insufferable, sad creature. I don't think you'll need to worry much about the relationship thing, because I cannot FATHOM a person wanting to be in one with you.

by Anonymousreply 710/17/2013

Is Aspergers becoming the new Fibromyalgia?

by Anonymousreply 810/17/2013

Asperger's is fibromyalgia for men.

by Anonymousreply 1010/17/2013

I don't believe you. I think if we actually observed your behavior on camera, it would appear much more normal and regular than you think it does.

by Anonymousreply 1110/17/2013

This does not sound like Asperger's at all. What you are describing is called Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and the prognosis is bleak. NPD is static and unchangeable.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

by Anonymousreply 1210/17/2013

I don't think it's Aspergers because I don't think an aspie would take the time or energy to type all that out, proofread it, and post it, and then wait for replies.

I think you have Aspy By Proxy Syndrome, or the urgent desire for a babbling socialite to be seen as an introverted genius instead of the sort of prick who is always amazed and amused by himself. We call it Bob Saget Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 1310/17/2013

OP - you absolutely have Aspergers. Now go away.

by Anonymousreply 1410/17/2013

It's not NPD. NPDers think they are flawless and everyone else is an unjust accuser or conspiring against them. A good example is the post below, which was posted anonymously by Simon Halls.

[quote]Cunt bitch who the fuck you calling stupid? I'm fully aware of trolldar for all the fuck good it does around this site. The stupid Halls troll feed your passive aggressive personalities so god forbid I say anything against it. If it makes you losers feel better about your pathetic selves to imagine Halls as sspme whack job have at it. I do ask you remember this HE WILL ALSO BE BETTER THAN YOU...ALWAYS. HE'S SEXY, SMART, WEALTHY AND HEAR THIS PART WELL.....HE'S IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP WITH THE HOTTEST GUY IN HW!!! Deal with it you hateful slags. So laugh at the trolls witty little zingers and bards..they can be somewhat amusing but never forget this person is very likely mentally unstable.

by Anonymousreply 1510/17/2013

Symptoms of this disorder, as defined by the DSM-IV-TR include:

Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments

Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others

Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others Is arrogant in attitudes and behaviour

Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic.

Sounds exactly like what the OP describes.

by Anonymousreply 1610/17/2013

I'm not sure if OP is an Assburger Tard, but man did his Histrionic Personality Disorder come out the second someone didn't agree with him.

by Anonymousreply 1910/17/2013

Someone with NPD will always deny/ignore it. Much like the OP.

It is much more romantic and self-aggrandizing for him to speculate about Asperger's.

by Anonymousreply 2110/17/2013

Sorry for being bitchy earlier OP. There was a confrontational bitchy thread and it made me into a total tool during lunch hour.

I think the traits you listed are too general: most people could be accused of those behaviors at times or recognize these traits in themselves at times. Asperger's is all about missing the body language clues people have, and you really haven't addressed that issue. It is perfectly natural to talk about things that interest you and ignore things that don't. As long as you know you're not listening to them, I don't see how it's Asperger's.

And no I don't think you're fucked up, just a wee eccentric.

by Anonymousreply 2210/17/2013

I loathe aspies!! No empathy freaks

by Anonymousreply 2510/17/2013

OP, you're an asshole. That's really all it is.

Although there are all kinds of cool sounding names out there today for people who behave like you... that's really all you are: an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2610/17/2013

If you don't care what other people think of you, OP, then why are you asking for peoples' opinions about you on DL?

by Anonymousreply 2710/17/2013

[quote] if I didn't sensor myself around people I

And you have the nerve to correct others?

Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 2910/17/2013

If the OP is serious about wanting to know if he's "really fucked up" then he ought to go speak to a mental health professional and stop doing silly things like going to a gay gossip board from medical advice.

None of the behaviors the OP mentioned are proof positive that he has Asperger's Syndrome. Diagnosis of Asperger's is tricky. There are people who have symptoms of it that don't have it and there are people with no noticeable symptoms who do have it.

By the way, having Asperger's Syndrome does not mean a person is "seriously fucked up." Many people with Asperger's function very well and have lasting, fulfilling relationships.

The OP sounds like he's probably just another annoying human being, but he wants to have the diagnosis of Asperger's because he thinks that will be justification for his social inadequacy. Asperger's is considered by some to be well, kind of cool. People who have are viewed as unique, gifted individuals despite their frequently strange behavior.

Some people think having Asperger's is like having a badge of honor or something; they're PROUD of it. Parents would rather their child have a diagnosis of Asperger's rather than just plain autism. Having Asperger's seems like a fad that a lot of people find fascinating. That's weird. Because Asperger's is a lifelong disability that causes great difficulty. It's not easy having Asperger's Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 3010/17/2013

An IQ of 152 is not all that exceptional. My IQ is supposedly 148 and I can't remember anything, nor would anyone think I am particularly clever or intuitive.

I bet you make a point of telling everyone you meet, within the first few days of meeting them, about your "genius IQ", though. What a terrible bore you must be.

by Anonymousreply 3210/17/2013

Depends on the context of the testing, R33. Lots of nitwits brag about their genius IQs based on short online tests that pad scores by a good 15-25 points on average. Those sites thrive by appealing to individual vanity.

by Anonymousreply 3410/17/2013

You have no case.

by Anonymousreply 3710/17/2013

Lipstick on a pig, R40, lipstick on a pig.

by Anonymousreply 4110/17/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 4210/18/2013

Social awkwardness doesn't automatically equal Asperger's for fuck's sake. Knock it off with the self-diagnoses. You're so full of yourself.

by Anonymousreply 4310/18/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 4610/19/2013

He can't R47. They removed Aspergers from the DSM.

by Anonymousreply 4710/20/2013

Why did they do that, R48? It seems too new.

by Anonymousreply 4810/20/2013

OP, yeah, you probably have Asperger's, but you might just have Scorpio in a strong position in your chart. Go to and do a free chart to find out.

The next question is, if you determine you are an Aspie, what then? Do you want to do anything about it, or do you want to stay the same? Supposedly the GAPS diet works really well to reduce unpleasant autistic symptoms, as the gut and brain are related.

by Anonymousreply 4910/20/2013

R50 This is the only Scorpio in my chart

Uranus is in 26 DegreestScorpio. You, and your peer group, demand to confront life at its deepest and most meaningful levels. Very compulsive and obsessive in your approach to everything, you will avoid anything that is casual or superficial, especially when it comes to relationships. You will seek out and explore new methods of healing as well as different ways to deal with deep-seated emotional problems.

by Anonymousreply 5010/21/2013

Wtf is that at r15??

by Anonymousreply 5110/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!