Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Vanity Fair to go forward with 'epic takedown' of Gwyneth Paltrow

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 16910/23/2013

The VF writer is known for negative celebrity put downs.

by Anonymousreply 110/17/2013

Haven't we been talking about this for months? I thought the VF issue had come and gone.

by Anonymousreply 210/17/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 310/17/2013

Please someone give this bitch some much needed comeuppance. She is an entitled twat to the extreme.

by Anonymousreply 410/17/2013

[quote]Please someone give this bitch some much needed comeuppance. She is an entitled twat to the extreme.

And why should she suffer because of your out of control jealousy?

by Anonymousreply 510/17/2013

Gwenyth, I didn't know you frequented this site! Welcome! Now fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 610/17/2013

Silly gash about to get shellacked in print.

by Anonymousreply 710/17/2013

Hi Gwynnie (R5). Really there is nothing about you to be jealous of. You are not that great looking, you are pretentious shallow yet pretend to be wise, and you hang around with equally vapid, pretentious people. Money is great and all that but still cannot buy happiness or depth of character.

by Anonymousreply 810/17/2013

Ross Matthews will be so upset.

by Anonymousreply 910/17/2013

You people really think Vanity Fair is going to expose some scandalous details about Gwyneth Paltrow's life? Gwyneth's godfather is none other than Steven Spielberg. What can Vanity Fair possibly write that's so revealing about her? This is just a publicity stunt. Vanity Fair and Gwyneth Paltrow are in on it.

by Anonymousreply 1010/17/2013

Want to "take her down"?

Quit caring.

by Anonymousreply 1110/17/2013

Looking forward to it.

Also, wonder what the big story is that they are working on that will be 20,000 words! (Most are usually 8,000.)

by Anonymousreply 1210/17/2013

Good! After your done with Gwyneth could you then 'take down' Johnny Depp.

by Anonymousreply 1310/17/2013

And then I might start buying VF again.

by Anonymousreply 1410/17/2013

Gwyneth has always been fake, and she's not the most beautiful woman in the world.

by Anonymousreply 1510/17/2013

How exactly are they going to put her down, by releasing paragraphs on her fake plastic life? I doubt the magazine will do anything but irate her. Or, if the magazine is trying to ruin her career, they should know that goop never had that much of a career to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 1610/17/2013

Unless she's skinning cats and dogs behind our backs, methinks this will be a boring article.

by Anonymousreply 1710/17/2013

This is because GP dissed Anna Wintours Met Ball on Ellen & those Editors at Conde Nast are a chumsy bunch

by Anonymousreply 1810/17/2013

It's a pile on. 70 year old middle Americans who don't follow Hollywood at all know one thing, Gwyneth Paltrow is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1910/17/2013

Someone's going to need an axe and a rose bush soon.

by Anonymousreply 2010/17/2013

I'm guessing this article is about the disparity between her reputation in the public and Hollywood's insistence that people want to see her movies, tv shows, books, etc. Bursting that bubble. Her Q rating must be in negative territory, yet the media continues to act like its 1998 and she's the beloved new It girl.

by Anonymousreply 2110/17/2013

for sure. apple, get the axe

by Anonymousreply 2210/17/2013

I agree with you R21. Are these people that out of touch to think people care about some story on Gwyneth Paltrow? The woman hasn't been relevant since "Shakespeare In Love". We all know she's a snob and a bitch. Is it necessary to have a cover story on this after so many years? Gwyneth is so 1999.

by Anonymousreply 2310/17/2013

Will the truth come out about her marriage and the real reason she is moving back to the states? Now that might be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 2410/17/2013

The reason for the takedown is the fact that Gwynnie still thinks it's 1998, and that she is still relevant. The truth is most people would have never heard of this bitch if she wasn't in a high profile romance with Brad in the early 90's. She is a deluded twat that makes a fool of herself every time she opens her stupid mouth.

by Anonymousreply 2510/17/2013

Yeah, she's so irrelevant that she's dissed constantly on DL.

There are people behind this "epic takedown". They might be so cowardly, that they won't print their photos, and the story behind the story.

by Anonymousreply 2610/17/2013

Spielberg is her godfather? I thought only Christian's had those. Am I missing something? I thought he was just a close family friend.

by Anonymousreply 2710/17/2013

Well, Gwyneth isn't a Jew because Blythe Danner isn't a Jew.

by Anonymousreply 2810/17/2013

R26..."cowardly"? MARY!!!

Vanity Fair readers know who Gwinnie is. VF publishes for its readers; they'll eat it up.

by Anonymousreply 2910/17/2013

Who in Hollywood hates her? CAA?

by Anonymousreply 3010/17/2013

R26, you know what a pariah in pack animal terms is? That's what she is . only it's more delicious because she's not wounded and the only neurological disorder she has is extreme malicious narcissism. She brought this all on her self with her haughty affect. And if the stories of her mean girl games that went way beyond her days at Spence are true, few deserve this mocking and scorn more. You Gwyneth white knighters are going to have to come up with something better than "you're just jealous" it only makes her more hateable.

by Anonymousreply 3110/17/2013

And so it begins.

by Anonymousreply 3210/17/2013

She's not a narcissist, R31. You are forgetting that the narcissist is wounded at his/her core. Gwyneth is not wounded. She is simply spoiled and unlikeable, but ascribing a psychiatric disorder (probably your own) to her behaviour is a reach.

by Anonymousreply 3310/17/2013

You're right, I'm a narcissist. Excuse me while I go update my blog devoted to awesome my life is with suggestions for making your life almost as awesome my doing exactly as I say. I think today's installment will be about the three rare African berries I'm subsisting on this week.

by Anonymousreply 3410/17/2013

Whoa whoa whoa, calm down, R34. It's just been my experience with mental illnesses that, "If you can spot it, you've got it."

I have suffered from major depression for much of my life and I can often spot it in others, for example.

by Anonymousreply 3510/17/2013

It's pure hype, people.

by Anonymousreply 3610/17/2013

It's called creating buzz.

by Anonymousreply 3710/17/2013

It is all hype for VF. Graydon C got his panties in a twist because bitchy Goop put down the MET gala and the silly after party earlier this year, irritating Anna Wintour (she said it was hot, over crowded and not punk enough, or something to that effect - basically Goop being Goop).

It's a tempest in a teapot, there won't be anything really juicy in the profile. What that she eats a burger occasionally? or store bought non-organic eggs?

by Anonymousreply 3810/17/2013

What in the world would VF have to say about her? Shallow, not very smart, but very, very lucky. Now her mother, that might be interesting. A lovely charming woman who had given some excellent performances. Neither of them are the most beautiful women in the world - GP must have paid somebody for that, but her mother was certainly in the top 50 or 25 in her day.

by Anonymousreply 3910/17/2013

Everyone says Blythe Danner is sweet and down to earth,So how did her daughter turn out to be such a self absorbed cow?

by Anonymousreply 4010/17/2013

She has an Oscar! You WILL give her respect!

by Anonymousreply 4110/17/2013

That cunt deserves to have the smug wiped off of her face. You know she's delusional when she has the nerve to push back against Vanity Fair, which would've likely been willing to write a puff piece about the bitch.

She also skulked around (and subsequently bashed) the Costume Gala earlier in the year. I seriously doubt that went over well with Anna Wintour.

by Anonymousreply 4210/17/2013

I don't get the obsessive hate for this woman. I never heard her say anything really bad about anyone. She is a snob but there are far worse in hollwood like Kris Jenner and her klan. I think Jennifer lopez is a even bigger bitch and is known to treat regular people like shit, so why no cover stories on her behaviour? I never heard Gwyneth ordering people not to look at her or demanding her hotel rooms to be all white. Not a Paltrow fan by any means but this all seems really petty and undeserved. It's like when people hated Martha Stewart with a passion for no good reason.

by Anonymousreply 4410/17/2013

[quote]And why should she suffer because of your out of control jealousy?

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 4510/17/2013

Rich people messing with other rich people.

by Anonymousreply 4610/17/2013

Mr. Carter,

I have some news to share. Please call me at once.

by Anonymousreply 4710/17/2013

I think the reason people are more apt to go after Paltrow vs. J-Lo is because Paltrow was born with a silver spoon. Also, the difference b/t who she is and who she thinks she is (and portrays herself as being) is great. So people combine the unearned privilege with the lack of self-awareness and she becomes a target.

by Anonymousreply 4810/17/2013

Wonder if they will mention her stinky B.O. problem?

by Anonymousreply 4910/17/2013

Blythe Danner is fantastic. Anything that comes out of her vagine can't be all bad.

by Anonymousreply 5010/17/2013

They should just hire the datalounge to write this.

by Anonymousreply 5110/17/2013

google the author's photos.....she looks, how shall we say, ethnic.

by Anonymousreply 5210/17/2013

In reading about this brouhaha, an article mentioned that Goopy was alerted to the perfidy of VF because they'd done unflattering articles on Tom Cruise and someone else I'm not remembering.

Did they? If so, was it more about the $cienos than Tammy and was it any good?

by Anonymousreply 5310/17/2013

R44...more importantly, who DEFENDS such a person? She's a one percent snob who virtually sweats disdain for her 'inferiors'. Why on Earth would anyone feel compelled to stick up for such a privileged mess?

by Anonymousreply 5410/17/2013

Calm down, it's not like she hacked one of her assistants to pieces and hid the body parts under the black & white floorboards of her Tribeca penthouse....she's a 1%-er along with thousands of others who are equally venal and disdainful. I see no reason to single her out for attack simply for being spoiled and privileged.

She's getting the VF treatment because of petty socialite-shit. who gives a crap. If VF doesn't expose some major shit after all this pr I won't be buying their mag for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 5510/17/2013

I see Graydon put his cousin JZ on this months cover. It's nepotism I say!

by Anonymousreply 5610/17/2013

[quote]...it's not like she hacked one of her assistants to pieces and hid the body parts under the black & white floorboards of her Tribeca penthouse...

Are you sure about that, R55, are you really, really SURE?

by Anonymousreply 5710/17/2013

All this hype because now and then she eats a cheeseburger.

by Anonymousreply 5810/17/2013

Oh dear.

I'm not the one who needs to "calm down", Mary. That's my point. This is just gossip about some rich snobbish bore. I'm sure dear Gwinnie will somehow survive, as she rolls around in her millions (for being the most boring 'actress' alive).

by Anonymousreply 5910/17/2013

Good. She's a total cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6010/17/2013

[quote]Blythe Danner is fantastic. Anything that comes out of her vagine can't be all bad.

The sins of the daughter... I speak from experience when I paraphrase how sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a haughty child.

by Anonymousreply 6110/17/2013

Was her father an elitist like her and what's her brother like?

by Anonymousreply 6210/18/2013

When Liza Minnelli was married to David Guest, Vanity Fair printed an epic and cruel takedown of her.

I don't save magazines, but I remember that the content, pictures and sources of that article were a lot more than unkind. It was kicking someone when they were down and weird. Mocking with faint concern. I am sure Liza must have been on the cover of VF when she was more terrific. I am not a fan of hers, but I do remember that the article was fascinating and brutal. She co-operated with the piece. It was dishy but the world knew her talent was gone and VF decided to put a ring on it. Nailed.

Paltrow is just an internet target and the article will reveal nothing new. She broke the rules of Vanity Fair code and Graydon Carter. You are supposed to be either glamorously tortured or talented or re-examining your life. Gwyneth continues to be her unattractive, unapologetic and funny self. Scapegoat. She doesn't have any secrets other than she eats pizza sometimes, her kids have dirty ankles and some of her best friends don't really love her. She is a bit of a fraud, but in the mundane way of other pretentious and privileged people. She is amusingly sensory deficient for an actress, so that is fun and mildly interesting.

When he can no longer sell a cover, they should carve into Johnny Depp. Now there's a celebrity ready to be ruined.

VF was once a very good magazine, don't argue. The cover was the cover and the subject received a wine stained valentine. But the meat was in the middle. Lots of good to great articles, from the pretentious to the profound. A sweep of pop and political culture, trends and history in a fattening display. Now you can't find where the magazine starts or where the anxiety of purpose and paucity of ideals end. How would it like to die?

by Anonymousreply 6310/18/2013

Wow R63, I agree. I was going through a pile of old VFs to recycle and found many interesting articles that were not the cover article or celeb stuff. (Vogue in the 80s used to have a good mix of cultural articles as well).

The Met Gala was a disaster. Anna Wintour herself didn't get punked up for the gala and Gwyneth wore a huge pink Valentino gown. She said something idiotic on the red carpet like 'It's so not punk, it's punk.' Little Hanna Montana herself, Miley Cyrus, easily had the best punk look, everyone else was too uptight to not look glamorous. The exhibit was mildly interesting, it's true that punk ideas trickled up to high fashion but in abstract/theoretical ways, it's more of a dissertation than a thrilling show. They have been trying to repeat the popularity of the McQueen show and they probably never will. AW is pissed and has to take it out on someone probably.

by Anonymousreply 6410/18/2013

Thank you r63. Spot on. I haven't subscribed in years. I wonder if the decline truly started when Tina Brown left.

So true about J Depp. So much juicy dirt there. But he isn't involved in the petty socialite sh*t, so no expose on him.

by Anonymousreply 6510/18/2013

Her mother is so poor she's been reduced to doing Prolia commercials, yet Goop with her millions can't spare so much as a crust of artisan baked bread to feed her. Blythe is pissed, and is spilling the beans about Goop seducing her own father.

by Anonymousreply 6610/18/2013

What is a magazine BTW?

by Anonymousreply 6710/18/2013

She is such a vile cunt. No wonder her career peaked 14 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 6810/18/2013

Cunt is harsh.

She's shallow, she's pretentious, she's tedious, and to her credit she's milking a system that lets her and doing a pretty good job of it.

Cunt is a bit much.

by Anonymousreply 6910/18/2013

Cunt is accurate.

by Anonymousreply 7010/18/2013

OK, that did make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 7110/18/2013

R63 Shut the fuck up. You don't know what secrets she has or doesn't have.

Is this just one person talking to themselves? Who gives a fuck about Johnny Depp? He is or was a heroin addict and an alcoholic, he's losing his hair, he dresses terribly. There's your article.

by Anonymousreply 7210/18/2013

I think the Bush years killed Graydon Carter's Vanity Fair. It just made it all less fun. Plus, Graydon's gotten rich and old.

But the Vanity Fair of Graydon's 90s years was excellent. It really set the example for what a magazine can be. Dominic Dunne's reporting on all the decade's tabloid scandals was unsurpassed. Especially OJ and the Menendez Brothers.

Graydon's an original. VF might not be on top of its game, but it probably doesn't have to be to be successful. Everything interesting is online nowadays anyway.

by Anonymousreply 7310/18/2013

R10

spot on!

by Anonymousreply 7410/18/2013

r73 - Why so nasty to r64? I lean more towards his/her view about Goop than the rabid hatred exhibited by many posters here.

People who hate public figures that much (politicians excepted) come off as unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 7510/18/2013

R75, what - exactly - would you like to see in DL celebrity commentary?

If we confined ourselves to nothing but mild, temperate, inoffensively dull comments then why would anyone bother to read it (or to write them)?

And what - exactly - does the phrase "Gay gossip, politics and pointless bitchery" mean to you?

by Anonymousreply 7610/18/2013

As I mentioned on one of the other three threads on this, I'm baffled by this. I've seen her interviewed twice by Chelsea Handler and recently by that screaming (literally) queen Ross.

She came across as funny and down-to-earth in every case, although it may be merely a testament to her acting skills.

In any case, she's talented enough as an interviewee to have used VF to her advantage. Their celebrity pieces aren't exactly hard-hitting.

by Anonymousreply 7810/18/2013

can't wait for it to come out. I love it when obnoxious celebs don't get their way.

by Anonymousreply 7910/18/2013

Puh-lease r77 She doesn't come close to inspiring as much loyalty as you think.

by Anonymousreply 8010/18/2013

I smell a simple 'she truly is as insipid as she seems' write-up. Nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 8110/18/2013

R80 is right. She's over 40, her career is fading out (thank god) and she doesn't have a lot of friends around town because she's always been a bit of a cunt. She's been living in London and semi-retired for years. Then she became a national joke with her insanely smug and elitist GOOP website.

She's getting a reality check, or perhaps it would be more apt to call it a reality body blow.

Karma has come to call on Gwynnie, at long last.

by Anonymousreply 8210/18/2013

Include me in the baffled house too. She isn't that popular nor is she well known. Do they know her in China? Or Africa? Or even Brasil? I don't think so. She's always been more a friend of the media and industry, so I'm with the poster that said it was personal...to VF and Carter.

She is so over in Hollywood and so disliked that no one cares. Theyve been trying to drum up attention so badly but no one gives a shit. So again I agree with the other poster that thought this may be a stunt.

But she is very controlling of her image-she is one of Stephen 'Jennifer Aniston' Huvane's fave gals-and so I agree that image is everything to her, especially as she isn't known for her acting, respected for her beauty nor admired for her profile.

What can they say though? Everyone can see she's a using bitch. Winona has already talked about the roles Gwyneth stole from her. We know she slept with Sheryl Crow. We have seen pics of her doing drugs with Rufus Wainthrow in her 20's along with Leonard Cohens daughter. Etc Etc.

Who is naive enough to think ANYONE who is successful in Hollyweird with pretty much no talent and a very dull face has not gotten up to all sorts to make it happen??

Will they say she hates her kids? We know. That her and Chris live apart? We know.

Blah.

by Anonymousreply 8310/18/2013

How can Blythe be poor, r66? Didn't her husband produce/write many hit shows that are now in syndication? I did here that she unloaded a home in LA but that usually happens with single/widowed older people who don't have time for the upkeep.

Anyway, the person who needs a take down is John Cussack. I told you guys many years ago that the tv series HUFF, which ironically starred Blythe-was not written by the so called creator of the series but was stolen from an unknown writer who tried to sue. Cussack used the series as a vehicle for all of Hollywood 'friends'-Azaria, Platt, Anjelica Huston, Andy Comeau-who also played in some jazz band fronted by Cussacks sister Anne. It was also produced by Mike Newell, who directed Cussack in Pushing Tin-yes, the tentacles of this run deep. But the kicker is that the title of the series itself was a shrewd marketing ploy launch the HUFF-ington Post website, of which Cussack was an early investor. It is no coincidence that the Huffington Post site debuted a mere three months after the first season of HUFF ended. It is also no coincidence that 50 Cannon Entertainment-the entity credited with producing HUFF-shares a nearly identical address to Cussacks aptly named New Crime Productions. And it's also no coincidence that 50 Cannon has never produced anything else before or since HUFF, despite that shows critical and Emmy success. Why do you think Cusack has on screen 'work' has lagged for the past decade? Because he never really has to 'work' again.

by Anonymousreply 8510/18/2013

You had me right up until you started that anti-Semitic shit at the end, R84. Then you became a cunt.

The difference between Sandra Bullock and Gwyneth Paltrow is that Sandra Bullock has been steadily making TPTB a fucking fortune all along. For years, Bullock made moderately priced flicks that gave a big return on their investment. And she's likable, and liked, by the fraus in flyover country. Not so with Gwynnie, who made a string of flops to rival Nicole Kidman's (Iron man supporting role excepted) and is loathed in frauville. TPTB protected still-hot-property Bullock from the backdraft of that stupid Nazi merkin she married. They won't protect Gwynnie from shit.

Cherchez la dough, honey.

by Anonymousreply 8610/18/2013

Ewwwwww, really?

by Anonymousreply 8710/18/2013

Possible Affair With Billionaire Jeff Soffer!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8810/18/2013

[quote]Billionaire Jeff Soffer

Shit, didn't he just get married to Elle Macpherson a few months ago?

by Anonymousreply 8910/18/2013

"People who hate public figures that much (politicians excepted) come off as unhinged."

First off, anyone who thinks the majority of people have time to "hate" someone they don't even know is seriously unhinged. People see a story on her, they comment whether they like it or not and they go on their way. End of story. And when someone is the media quite a bit, there are always going to be comments on them.

People aren't planning their daily schedules around finding new ways to hate GOOP. You might like to think she's that important, but she isn't. So please stop with this rather ego-centric, childish way of thinking.

Number two, the difference between Bullock and Paltrow is that Bullock isn't promoting herself as some cultural philosopher and lifestyle guru. Bullock does her job and goes home at the end of the day to live her life. A lot of celebrities create false images, but when they try to peddle their false images to the public in an attempt to show how better they are than everyone else, they're going to be the subject of intense ridicule by the public. Gwyneth is not the first or the last to go through that. There's also never been real evidence that Bullock did a Nazi tape.

GOOP reminds me of Joan Crawford in the way that both tried to sell the public a sanitized version of themselves. But as nutty as Crawford was, you could buy that she got down on her hands and knees and scrubbed those floors. That she did a lot of what she wrote about in MY WAY OF LIFE. Gwyneth peddles cookbooks, but do you honestly believe she cooks on a regular basis?

Now I'll think I'll stop before I'm branded a "hater".

by Anonymousreply 9010/18/2013

[quote]Her mother is so poor she's been reduced to doing Prolia commercials

I was shocked by that.

[quote]We have seen pics of her doing drugs with Rufus Wainthrow in her 20's along with Leonard Cohens daughter. Etc Etc.

We have?

by Anonymousreply 9110/18/2013

I think she loves the attention. What did Oscar Wilde say? The only thing worse than being talked about is NOT being talked about.

by Anonymousreply 9210/18/2013

She puts herself out there with her ridiculous goop BS. Seriously...half the world lives in poverty but she simply cannot live without her gourmet million dollar precious ass wipes or whatever.

I think they're going to expose how hard she lobbied People magazine to make her their 'sexiest woman alive.' VF smells a whiff of blood in the air...who was it Gwynnie dissed? On yeah...the Prada wearing devil Anna Wintour. Nothing sells better than tearing down a celeb.

Oh, and gwynnie is not Hollywood royalty. She may have used her connections to get into his office, but what went on when the door closed was all her.

by Anonymousreply 9310/18/2013

If it's truly a takedown -- bitchy and gossipy and nasty -- I'll buy my first copy of Vanity Fair in many years, just to encourage such behavior by the editors.

by Anonymousreply 9410/18/2013

R94, you sound like a 14 year old girl

by Anonymousreply 9510/18/2013

Winona Ryder is small and very busty, not very good when you have to play a male in a movie. Goop is both tall and flat chested. I don't believe Winona was even considered for Shakespeare in Love. Yet people still believe that rumor of Goop stealing the scrip of Winona and thus getting the part. You don't get even a chance for an audition if you are not considered for a part in a movie the first place.

by Anonymousreply 9610/18/2013

R81, that could be, but she also has involved herself deeply enough in other people's business and issues to expect some pay-back for it. She's a clueless, intrusive, mean-spirited, pretentious, condescending, publicity-seeking user. That's more than being merely insipid. People in the business hate her.

by Anonymousreply 9710/18/2013

R97 I think you suffer from irrational hate syndrome!

by Anonymousreply 9810/18/2013

Is anyone else having trouble with the main Datalounge threadlist? Nothing is showing up anymore for me aside from the threads I favorited earlier...no new threads. I'm panicking here!

by Anonymousreply 9910/18/2013

I had the same trouble but I obviously got around it.

So Gwyn doesn't work much, I assumed it was because she didn't want to work.

The only person I ever heard of hating her was Winona Ryder.

by Anonymousreply 10010/18/2013

Oh, I forgot that she is Pepper Pot...or whatever her name is.

Would that little pain in the ass Downey, have something to do with this?

I've always thought she was beautiful and talented but maybe she is a bitch, I wouldn't know.

by Anonymousreply 10110/18/2013

Many, many decades ago, before the internet was popular, The USA Today had people write in post cards about actors. Cruise was already the biggest star (I think) but most of the cards for him were negative. The negative was way more then the positive, so I'm not sure what a Q rating is?

by Anonymousreply 10210/18/2013

[quote]The only person I ever heard of hating her was Winona Ryder.

You can add Madonna, the two used to be good friends until they had a major falling out a few yrs ago. I wonder if she's still friendly with Beyonce? they seemed friendly a year or so ago, then nothing.

Supposedly she isn't close to Harvey W anymore either. A real expose on Goop would highlight the early yrs of that relationship, if they really wanted to damage her.

by Anonymousreply 10310/18/2013

[quote]So Gwyn doesn't work much, I assumed it was because she didn't want to work

movie stars want to work no matter how much they protest that they don't (especially the women, after all work is all a woman has to distinguish herself from the frauen)

by Anonymousreply 10410/18/2013

I think she is only doing one movie a year, because she wants to be home. She strikes me as somebody who likes to be a mom. Saw her in Thanks for Sharing recently, she was great as was Ruffalo. Great scenes between them, too bad the movie wasn't as good as it could have been.

Gwyneth Paltrow eating a hamburger on a roller coaster.

by Anonymousreply 10510/18/2013

Stories flying denying goop having affairs. Google it... Page Six, Daily Mail, everywhere...

PR campaign in high gear!

by Anonymousreply 10610/19/2013

Is DL broken?

I'm only seeing threads I've posted in.

by Anonymousreply 10710/19/2013

It's not just you,R107

by Anonymousreply 10810/19/2013

This has been going on for hours on end now. So the Daily Mail says there's another potential affair the VF article might reveal.

by Anonymousreply 10910/19/2013

Thanks for responding, r108.

Damn, I'm a DL addict. I want my DL back!

by Anonymousreply 11010/19/2013

Whatever one thinks of Gwyneth, she was never the SS agent Madonna was with her kids when they were young.

Aunt Rosie used to allow them treats and to watch TV when she babysat. Madonna, much as respect her dedication to her career, was the last person to whom I would ever entrust a child.

I'd give Gwyneth slightly better marks as a potential mother (we don't know yet how the kids will turn out), simply because her ego, however huge, can't approach Madonna's. Also, surely, something of Blythe must have influenced Gwyneth.

by Anonymousreply 11110/19/2013

Goop and that billionaire should sue VF. Since when does anybody have the right to expose someones private affairs.

by Anonymousreply 11210/20/2013

Trolldar r112. Who knew GP had stans? GP stan - you are no JanBot. You are as dull as GP herself.

by Anonymousreply 11310/20/2013

R113 Not half as dull as you getting excitement from other peoples private lives.

by Anonymousreply 11410/20/2013

Personally I can't wait to read the dirt on this cunt. OTOH, we all knew she was living with some millionaire guy while married to Chris & after the first kid was born.

by Anonymousreply 11510/20/2013

Then why are you here, R114?

by Anonymousreply 11610/20/2013

r116 let's just ignore the goop-stan.

Let's focus on the gossip, because this is going to be good.

Help me find that old old page six photo of her and some guy that said she was fucking someone other than Chris. It's got to be here on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 11710/20/2013

Who said I was excited about it r114? And you're the one speculating about her private life, imagining from the photos you study of her what she's like as a mother.

by Anonymousreply 11810/20/2013

I have the opinion that everybody has a right for privacy and that digging up and exposing an alleged affair that happened 5 years ago is low brow journalism and lame.

by Anonymousreply 11910/20/2013

[quote] a right for privacy

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 12010/20/2013

I'll be very disappointed if all the article exposes is some affairs. Hey, everyone fucks, but there's only one Gwynneth!

I want to hear about eating disorders, monumental snobbery, ego-fueled stupidity, grasping social climbing, dangerous or fraudulent lifestyle advice, ignorant pretensions, mean girling, and hilariously awful quotes. You know, all those things that make hating Gwynneth so much fun.

by Anonymousreply 12110/20/2013

Count me on board as being baffled by this - why would VF think it's their business to expose her extramarital affairs? It's not like she runs around like Hugh Jackman trying to use her marriage to sell her image. There are lots of things to take her down on, but this is out of bounds.

by Anonymousreply 12210/20/2013

If Chris Martin doesn't have a problem with her cheating (he is the hubby after all) why should VF or anyone else care?

by Anonymousreply 12310/20/2013

The hate against Goop is just as bizarre and irrational as the worshiping of Brangelina.

by Anonymousreply 12410/20/2013

It must be an "epic take down" if DL has two substantial threads about her.

[quote]we all knew she was living with some millionaire guy while married to Chris & after the first kid was born.

We did?

[quote] want to hear about eating disorders, monumental snobbery, ego-fueled stupidity, grasping social climbing, dangerous or fraudulent lifestyle advice, ignorant pretensions, mean girling, and hilariously awful quotes. You know, all those things that make hating Gwynneth so much fun.

This. Her extramarital affairs are her own and her husband's business and it's really not interesting gossip for a couple that consists of a Hollywood actress and a rock star. Duh, you know? The arrogance, hypocrisy and chicanery are what make stories sordid and interesting. Throw sex into this last pile and it can be interesting, but not in and of itself.

by Anonymousreply 12510/20/2013

Having an affair or an open marriage is not what makes GP a cunt. It's everything else.

by Anonymousreply 12610/20/2013

So possible affair, possible BO, definite social climber, tedious lifestyle brand. How is she different from most of her peers? All she's done is roll all of Hollywood awful into one package and live an in impenetrable bubble.

I doubt this will phase her either.

by Anonymousreply 12710/20/2013

She lays on the "perfect marriage, perfect wife, perfect mom" garbage with a trowel. It's not out of bounds to expose her blatant hypocrisy in that regard.

Since when did the Datalounge go all frau-nanny-squeamish over some actress-cunt cheating on her also-cuntish rock star husband?

I'm sure that Vanity Fair has a lot more on her than just the cheating. Still, the cheating itself is far from off limits.

by Anonymousreply 12810/20/2013

Agreed, R128, I just hope her affairs are not the focus of the article, as her cuntiness is multi-layered!

by Anonymousreply 12910/20/2013

When does the VF issue on GP come out ?

by Anonymousreply 13010/20/2013

VF should uncover that Winona story, and I would not be surprised if it turns out that nut case Winona made up that whole story about Goop stealing the script and therefore getting the part.

Never believed that story, Winona is tiny and has huge breasts which makes her completely wrong for playing the male part in Shakespeare in Love. Stealing a script does not even get you a chance for an audition if you are not considered for a part in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 13110/20/2013

I wouldn't trust Winona Ryder as a source for anything in this article. She has a history of being rather unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 13210/20/2013

r131 - You already said that at r96, ya loon. Move your stanning over to iVillage.

by Anonymousreply 13310/20/2013

R126...where have they said the marriage is open?

See, this is the bullshit about these celebs. They're ALL in open marriages, but they go to great lengths to hide it. To pretend that they're "traditional", so as not to upset their frau fans.

So out her.

by Anonymousreply 13410/21/2013

Am I the only remembering that affair she had where she was living in Chicago with that guy (was it the billionaire?) & showed up with him leaving the kid (only one at that time) with CM?

Please DL, collective memory...page six? NYP? Come ON it was out there & on the fucking internet.

by Anonymousreply 13510/21/2013

How epic!

by Anonymousreply 13610/21/2013

"The hate against Goop is just as bizarre and irrational as the worshiping of Brangelina."

Okay. Hollywood is full of unbearable narcissist with good publicists, but Gwynneth doesn't let a publicist cover up her arrogance and ignorance - she puts it right out there for the world to see. I say I hate on her, but I really love her in a way, because her self-absorption is so monumental it has made her the most open and unselfconscious celebrity there is.

Jolie is the opposite, IMHO her mastery of PR is so complete that nothing of her real self is visible these days, and the idiots worship the image she's created.

by Anonymousreply 13710/21/2013

[quote] Gwynneth doesn't let a publicist cover up her arrogance and ignorance

by Anonymousreply 13810/21/2013

I really don't know how to take her. I mentioned on another thread, I've seen her interviewed several times--twice by Chelsea Handler and recently by Miss Ross (and I don't mean Diana).

She came across as funny and down-to-earth in every case, although it may be merely a testament to her acting skills.

But then you read these astonishing quotes and she sounds like Marie Antoinette. It's hard to reconcile the two Gwyneths.

In any case, I suspect a lot of people will be disappointed by the VF article. The story that accompanied the Katie Holmes cover wasn't all that revealing and we know there was a really juicy story behind that breakup.

by Anonymousreply 13910/21/2013

Jolie is using the same PR techniques as Michael Jackson. She is also going crazy on the nip and tuck, eating disorder, family and children PR obsession.... and on the drugs as well.

by Anonymousreply 14010/21/2013

Goop deliberately uses negative PR to get her in the news, and it seems to be working. Nothing gets you more attention these days than negative PR. People can't get enough of her and the press eats her up in countless articles and on the gossip sites. If she really was bothered by all this she would have kicked Huvane's butt long time ago.

In the meantime her website and online business is expanding and she is probably working on her next NYT bestseller cookbook.

That whole VF stunt benefits Goop and VF equally. If they really wanted to damage her, they would not write about something that allegedly happened 5 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 14110/21/2013

I wonder if Weinstein is behind this...if he's somehow decided to take her down just the way he built her up. These people are all such shits, they live in a strange world and they are so worthless, most of them...morally corrupt and narcissistic. I cannot wait to read this article. Although, there was a lot of pre-talk about the Diana article that just came out and that was hardly scandalous.

by Anonymousreply 14210/21/2013

0 damage done.

by Anonymousreply 14310/21/2013

GOOP has never gone on about her perfect marriage. In fact, quite the opposite. She has publicly stated that her marriage has gone through "terrible times" and that divorce was an option. So say what you will about her (and there's plenty of material there!) she has never said her marriage was anything but hard work.

I was a fan of GP when she was the IT girl in the 90s, and I still have a soft spot for the old gal no matter how insufferable she's become. What I don't get is the vitriol about her website. It's not any different than Vogue, et al shooting editorials with "Skirt, Alexander McQueen $5000" and crap like that. It's a specific audience.

Anyway - I'm looking forward to the expose like everyone else, but I doubt it will be anything very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 14410/21/2013

Wow, r144.

You were a fan of hers in the 90s?

Really?

I am as perplexed by that as you are by the "vitriol" re: her website.

She's a flake. Why would anyone be a fan of that? I can see being a fan of Jodie Foster...at least she's a smart & strong woman. But GP? What the hell has she ever done that is admirable?

Plus she's not hot, sexy, gorgeous nor beautiful. She's the classic girl next door...except now she's the middle aged woman next door. A dime a dozen.

Hmm. Maybe that's why GP tries so hard...because she's a dime a dozen. Nothing special, exotic or interesting about her.

I guess if you're a fan then...you like her taste? I can't imagine any other reason. Her taste is expensive, and that's all.

by Anonymousreply 14510/21/2013

She never denied her affair with Mario Batali - her husband must have known.

by Anonymousreply 14610/21/2013

R145, yes I was a fan in the 90s. I am a female, just a few years older than her, and at the time I thought she was cool. Nothing more than that - not defending it with any great intellectualism. I'm not a fan anymore, but still have some 90s IT girl nostalgia due to that being a really great time in my own life. That's about it!

by Anonymousreply 14710/21/2013

Trolldar r141. Shill or stan?

by Anonymousreply 14810/21/2013

I think r141 is a paid goop-shill, probably an intern at goop. She has them. Someone here linked to a recent goop page and she has tons of interns who get paid probably nothing. Add her low-wage/slave wages to her list of shit that she does, in addition to her racism & 1% classism. She's just Paris Hilton with better press.

& anyone who was her stan in the 90's - oy vey. Seriously, you have no taste r147 / r144 - I feel embarrassed for you.

by Anonymousreply 14910/21/2013

I find her laughable but a lot of shallow young women in their 20s and 30s look up to her.

by Anonymousreply 15010/21/2013

I don't know why it's so laughable or implausible to have been a fan of hers. She is / was a talented actress. She was quite good in The Talented Mr. Ripley.

by Anonymousreply 15110/21/2013

Everyone was good in "Ripley." Anthony Minghella was a great director.

by Anonymousreply 15210/21/2013

I'm more interested in her affair with Mario Batali. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 15310/21/2013

She was supposedly having sex with him while they were filming their Spanish food series - PBS I think it was. It makes sense now, you could see something was going on and then there were the rumors. She might have been doing lots of men over the years if her marriage was open. Mario is supposed to drive women mad sexually.

by Anonymousreply 15410/21/2013

The Batali affair is a doozy but he was useful to her. I hope they talk about all of her affairs over the years. I suppose they'll cover for Jay-Z but I hope they won't cover for Guy Richie.

What I'd really like them to expose is the phony "lifestyle" she touts on that awful website. Her "beauty" is down to plastic surgery, an eating disorder and plenty of drug use.

Mostly, I want more of her vapid quotes. I can't get enough of them - the dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 15510/21/2013

[quote]she has tons of interns who get paid probably nothing.

Quite a leap there, R149. Based on what evidence?

by Anonymousreply 15610/21/2013

Thanks R154. I recall watching a few episodes of that show they did together called Spain… on the road Again. They did seem really cozy with each other and there was a bit of flirting going on between the two. I think her affair with Mario is more of a shocking revelation than this supposed affair with the billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 15710/21/2013

[quote] Mario is supposed to drive women mad sexually.

That ugly, tub-o-lardo?

by Anonymousreply 15810/21/2013

People always wonder how they 'did it' considering how fat he is. It must have been oral.

by Anonymousreply 15910/21/2013

"Spain - On the Road Again" remember how the gay guy seemed mildly disgusted by their sexual antics and flirting?

by Anonymousreply 16010/21/2013

I remember that R160. The guy's name is Mark Bittman and it seemed like he didn't like Gwyneth and the Spanish model who was with them too.

by Anonymousreply 16110/21/2013

Bittman is not gay, though.

by Anonymousreply 16210/21/2013

I totally forgot she was even in the Talented Mr. Ripley. She was as memorable as the drapes.

by Anonymousreply 16310/22/2013

164 posts and NOT ONE mention of how she cheated on Brad Pitt?

It's funny that she has a desire to be the world's most powerful Hollywood woman but screwed up not one (Pitt) but two chances to be exactly that (Affleck.)

by Anonymousreply 16410/23/2013

I think it was mentioned in the other thread about VF and Paltrow, R164.

by Anonymousreply 16510/23/2013

Oh, please, R164. Maybe it wasn't mentioned because it's tedious. The '90s are long over.

by Anonymousreply 16610/23/2013

[quote]but screwed up not one (Pitt) but two chances to be exactly that (Affleck.)

so by that logic Jen (hausfrau) Garner is the most powerful woman in Hwood? lol

by Anonymousreply 16710/23/2013

Pitt, Affleck, Angelina and Paltrow are all the same person, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 16810/23/2013

Can't believe the wonderful Blythe Danner raised her! Was she warped by a too doting father?

(Or is there a hidden side of Danner of which I am unaware?)

by Anonymousreply 16910/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.