Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Petition Demands that John Boehner and Ted Cruz Be Tried for Seditious Conspiracy

With the closing of the government, costing us millions if not billions of dollars, there may be a little caveat that even the Congress cannot ignore or face prison 18 USC § 2384 – Seditious conspiracy. The law reads:

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

Since John Boehner and his Tea Party members have conspired to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, they are in violation of the law. Just because they are the lawmakers, they are not immune to their own laws. Still public pressure is needed to enforce 18 USC § 2384. Just because Boehner et al may not agree on certain issues, the role of government MUST be kept going, instead of shutting down the government and sitting in a fetal position clutching their toys.

The Republicans are realizing that their popularity is failing badly and may go the way of the Whig; are shifting the blame from them to the Democratic Party by telling WWII vets that because they are not cutting benefits and giving the 1% their tax breaks, the monuments dedicated to them are closed. U.S. Veterans are angered and the Republicans are grasping at straws. So how do the grassroots end this partisan stalemate? By collectively demanding every law enforcement: local/county, state and federal to enforce 18 USC § 2384 or face 18 USC § 4 – Misprision of felony charges themselves.

18 USC § 4 – Misprision of felony reads:

Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

Since 18 USC § 2384 or Seditious conspiracy is a federal felony, We the People can actually walk to any law enforcement agency, who also enforce federal laws, demand the arrest of the Republicans in Congress under 18 USC § 4 because of their violation of 18 USC § 2384. Logically, it will be impossible to make such arrest as an individual, but collectively, we can make a difference. There is a petition floating around demanding such justice. It is called: Prosecute The Conspirators Who Plotted The Government Shutdown In Violation Of 18 USC § 2384.

By signing the petition as well as doing grassroots work of enforcing 18 USC § 2384, by compelling law enforcement using 18 USC § 4 – Misprision of felony, the shut down may end. Impossible? It’s more plausible to arrest the right wingers in Congress and create a political shake up than arming yourself with thousands of round of ammunition and going up against the Department of Defense as well as the Department of Justice… sadly look at Waco Texas.

We as citizens of the United States on both sides of the aisle must work together to force the Republicans to allow the government to work at full-speed. Ironically, the right-leaning states who rely on government support will be hit the hardest, and the people are realizing that President Obama cannot control this madness.

by Anonymousreply 3510/19/2013

Petition link:

by Anonymousreply 110/16/2013

If I sign this, will I be doing all my DL posting from Gitmo?

by Anonymousreply 210/16/2013

Thank you, I mentioned this in another thread and posted a link, but who knows if anyone clicked.

by Anonymousreply 310/16/2013

I think that these people are traitors, exceptionally unpatriotic, and should be removed from office -- at the next election. (And, they probably will be.) However, explain please how you are going to show conspiracy "to overthrow, put down, or to destroy [bold]by force[/bold]."

Force is an essential element of the crime. What the Rethugs did is reprehensible, but it is not illegal. Their activities would become criminal under this statute "only where it can be shown that the activity was/is carried on through unlawful means, such as the invasion of the rights of others by use of force or violence." [italic]United States v. Sinclair,[/italic] 321 F. Supp. 1074, 1079 (E.D. Mich. 1971).

They had the right to do what they did, as heinous and despicable as it was.

Even the most liberal District Court judge in the nation would toss out such a prosecution -- assuming that you could ever convince the Attorney General and the President that it would be a good idea to bring such a case. And you won't be able to do that.

by Anonymousreply 410/16/2013

Can't we just lynch them?

by Anonymousreply 510/16/2013

I have no idea why President Obama doesn't challenge the crappy portions of the Patriot Act law that allows him and only him to declare ANYBODY an "enemy combatant", for any reason without stating said reason, or even charging them with any crime. He can just throw anybody into Gitmo, and just leave them to rot there!

If he really wants to dismantle sections of The Patriot Act, all he needs to do is toss Sen. Ted Cruz, who is a seditionist anyway, into Gitmo, and have The Supreme Court back him up!

by Anonymousreply 610/16/2013

There was no force. They didn't need to use force. The cowardly little shits in the House were so afraid of the gang of 50, they capitulated without any force exercised at all.

Didn't you watch the video when the Democratic Congressman called for a vote and he was told they changed to rules and the only person who could put the CR to a vote was Cantor? Or his designee?

That members were prohibited from calling for a vote? They changed the fucking rules. Now that IMO is an impeachable offense or whatever they do to Congressmen. But no one challenged it. No one fought. They just said "Wow. That's terrible." and sat down.

by Anonymousreply 710/16/2013

R8, you're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 910/16/2013

[quote]only where it can be shown that the activity was/is carried on through unlawful means, such as the invasion of the rights of others by use of force or violence.

Violence!

by Anonymousreply 1010/16/2013

Not you, R8.

by Anonymousreply 1110/16/2013

why not sign it (unless like R2 ponders, we end up in Gitmo) and send a message? The tea party have done more ridiculous, outrageous, and anti-American things due to racism. They need to be called on it other than facebook, twitter, etc. The MSM doesn't bring this sort of thing up. I think only Rachel Maddow brough up sedition yet we hear faux news "report" on the numerous calls for impeaching Obama.

The tea party members are probably too stupid to figure out soon enough that this is only symbolic.

by Anonymousreply 1310/16/2013

If the Democrats wouldn't prosecute Bush and Cheney for war crimes, what makes you think they would pursue this course of action which isn't anywhere as egregious?

by Anonymousreply 1410/16/2013

R14, I would hope someone would learn from the past... how not punishing crimes only encourages the criminals.

by Anonymousreply 1510/16/2013

That petition is something the lunatic right wing would come up with. I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 1710/16/2013

I signed

by Anonymousreply 1810/16/2013

R4 and the others are correct. The required element of force was not present.

I'll sign the petition just to fuck with those assholes. The more people who sign it, the more the Republican Tea Party will hate it, but the OP's premise is fatally flawed.

by Anonymousreply 1910/16/2013

I think that traditionally, if there are enough people involved in acts of treason, (the Civil War...Bush v. Gore), we overlook acts of treason.

by Anonymousreply 2010/16/2013

[quote]Hillary would be an ideal republican candidate in my hoped future.

Well I hate to break it to you, retard-cunt @R16, but since she was a Democratic First Lady and a Democratic Senator and a Democratic Secretary of State - she'll continue to represent the Democratic Party as POTUS.

Oh, and hey - don't forget to go fuck yourself with a baseball bat, quick as you can.

by Anonymousreply 2110/16/2013

R21, Obama's the best Republican President we've ever had.

Bill was a decent Republican President.

Hillary will make a pretty damn good Republican President.

At least if you go by the Eisenhower Era definition of Republican.

by Anonymousreply 2210/16/2013

My god, you people are stupid.

Your tired old "The Clintons are REPUBLICANS" deserves nothing but our contempt.

You, clearly, never lived in America under Nixon and Reagan. I wonder if you were just a kid during Bush2 as well.

You arrogantly think you know everything when you actually understand nothing. I wish you'd go back to school or take a job at your parent's store or something.

by Anonymousreply 2310/16/2013

signed....wow it really is getting votes!

by Anonymousreply 2510/16/2013

R24, again, you understand nothing.

But keep typing, dear, something may come to you by and by.

by Anonymousreply 2610/16/2013

R26? What a brilliant counter-argument.

by Anonymousreply 2710/17/2013

Oh R27, honey, there's just no point with zealots. Whether they are religious, political, nutritional, medical, whatever. They don't want to learn anything, they think they already know everything and have "deep insights" and "answers" that they need to lecture everyone else about. At length. Daily. They're very much like the Tea Baggers in that regard.

Unfortunately, when it comes to politics, this one is just flailing away. It's not new, it's just irritating sometimes. I was nicer to them when I was in college with them, but that was a thousand years ago.

This one will figure things out eventually. He's not completely stupid, just inexperienced and ignorant. Right now, he's too "myopic true-believer" to be trusted and too unpleasant to be liked.

The surgical removal of his sense of humor renders him a bit more irritating than if he could have a laugh at himself and the absurdity of the whole thing, at least once in a while. Alas, he's still in the fragile, symbiotic stage. He can't step back from it and actually see anything.

by Anonymousreply 2810/17/2013

What's absolutely amazing, is these ignorant asshats, these "Conservatives" just don't get it. When their Congressmen talk spending cuts, they're just shifting costs. Do they really think they won't pay for it?

When a state opts out of Medicaid, where do those people who are eligible for Medicaid go? They don't disappear. Where do the people who need food stamps go? They don't disappear. Where do the people who are unemployed and get no unemployment insurance go? They don't disappear.

What happens to the local economy when teachers and firefighters and policemen are laid off? They can't buy stuff. They cut back on groceries, cancel their cable, stop going to the Mall, stop buying cars, or refrigerators or clothing.

They don't go to restaurants or movies. Less disposable income? Hell, they can't pay their housing or food costs. They send kids to school hungry. Poor nutrition affects school performance.

The Tea Party gang is harming us long term in ways we cannot begin to measure. Go thru Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Louisiana, etc. Look at the mess they're making.

Yet they keep voting against their own interests, we, all of us, will pay for it. We will be a weaker country, falling behind in every single thing that matters.

by Anonymousreply 2910/17/2013

[quote]The Tea Party gang is harming us long term in ways we cannot begin to measure. Go thru Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Louisiana, etc. Look at the mess they're making.

[quote]Yet they keep voting against their own interests, we, all of us, will pay for it. We will be a weaker country, falling behind in every single thing that matters.

The ignorant, red states are leeches on the sane, Blue states. Education needs to be a priority, but our Teatotatarians know that ignorance is what stokes the flames of their agenda.

by Anonymousreply 3010/17/2013

That's because the 1% are socially engineering a service based economy, and don't need to educate people. If they're more educated they're less likely to support the corporate shills who populate Congress.

The other problem, is that the GOP has broken Organized Labor. They no long have much clout. And before you start bitching about it, be aware that Organized Labor created our high standard of living, and the middle class we used to enjoy in the U.S., before Reagan went nuclear in his assault.

Labor Unions educated their members about issues. My father and uncles worked in factories, but they understood more that most of the loons the GOP sends to Congress.

by Anonymousreply 3110/17/2013

Tell Ted Cruz: "You owe us $24 billion" Send Ted Cruz a message:  "Senator Cruz, you owe us $24 billion"

Because that's the amount that S&P estimates the shutdown cost the economy.  $24 billion.  (source)

$24 billion, all for effort to defund health care that had zero chance of succeeding.  $24 billion for what was essentially an ego joyride for Senator Cruz.

So now that it's over, America wants to know, where's our money?

Send Ted Cruz a message:  "Senator Cruz, you owe us $24 billion"

by Anonymousreply 3210/17/2013

I said this on another thread. That they should be tried for treason. It was totally ignored. So, here it is now. ... Just be informed that email petitions go for naught. Petitions must be handwritten and signed in blue ink, to be valid. But, go ahead, knock yourselves out.

by Anonymousreply 3310/17/2013

[quote]I said this on another thread. That they should be tried for treason. It was totally ignored.

Perhaps you weren't ignored at all. In fact, you may have inspired these electronic petitions.

by Anonymousreply 3410/18/2013

Ted Cruz has been making a lot of threats since the shutdown and vows, "The next time will be different." He is already touting the fact he is definitely going to do this again. I wish to hell that little Fascist pig would burst into flames from his own venom and combust. Maybe he will start a new Party. He is got a lot of Hitler in him, that demigogue son of a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3510/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.