Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Eminem’s new single ‘Rap God’ condemned for its homophobic lyrics

Eminem’s new single ‘Rap God’ condemned for its homophobic lyrics

16th October 2013, 2:45 PM; Megan Brady

Eminem’s latest single has been criticised for containing several lines of aggressive, homophobic lyrics.

‘Rap God’, which was released earlier this week, has received generally favourable reviews from critics and fans. However, some have called the track’s lyrics offensive, with US website The Week slating them as “deeply homophobic”.

Some of the most offensive lines include: “I’ll still be able to break a motherfuckin’ table / Over the back of a couple of faggots and crack it in half” and “You fags think it’s all a game / ’til I walk a flock of flames / Off of planking, tell me what in the fuck are you thinking? / Little gay looking boy / So gay I can barely say it with a straight face looking boy”.

This is not the first time that Eminem has been accused of homophobia. In 2010, the rapper defended his use of the word “faggot” to US journalist Anderson Cooper, saying that where he was brought up it was used as a general insult rather than a homophobic slur.

In an interview with the New York Times in the same year, he was asked how he felt about the possibility of same-sex marriage approval in his home state and replied: “I think if two people love each other, then what the hell? I think that everyone should have the chance to be equally miserable, if they want”.

by Anonymousreply 10210/18/2013

Oh it's OK, he's white, so surely there will be no boycott by GLAAD or anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 110/16/2013

GLAAD will probably give him an award.

by Anonymousreply 210/16/2013

He must need attention.

by Anonymousreply 310/16/2013

I like it! We should duet together.

by Anonymousreply 410/16/2013

The poor thing is misunderstood.

by Anonymousreply 510/16/2013

Elton will be right over as soon as Rush Limbaugh's money runs out.

by Anonymousreply 610/16/2013

Eminem is an insecure fucktard, just ask him how many plastic surgeries he has done to his face?

by Anonymousreply 710/16/2013

good I'm glad someone made a thread about this disgusting, hateful piece of shit's new offensive song. There needs to be outrage. Anyone remember when he gave that 60 Minutes interview with Anderson Cooper and whined that the media labels him homophobic but not other rappers because he's white? He tried using "reverse racism discrimination". I hate this cunt with a passion but sadly he'll always have a lot of fans.

by Anonymousreply 810/16/2013

This is just attention whoring on his part. I'm sure most of his "posse" including his hairdresser are gay men. He's trying to get street cred at 45 and it won't work.

by Anonymousreply 910/16/2013

He is a brilliant poet.

by Anonymousreply 1010/16/2013

Have I been teleported back to 1999 when Eminem was still considered a credible social commentator and a relevant pop star?

by Anonymousreply 1110/16/2013

Unfortunately he is still popular and relevant...his song has been #1 on itunes for over 24 hours now which is no small feat.

by Anonymousreply 1210/16/2013

But of course he's white so he gets a pass. GLADD only condemns white homophobia, just ask Alec Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 1310/16/2013

But he is so talented!!!

by Anonymousreply 1410/16/2013

So, back to the old tricks to get some attention?

by Anonymousreply 1510/16/2013

He'll be interviewed again and deny his homophobia while being praised as some misunderstood lyrical genuis. He's been doing this same shtick now for over 10 years. Celebrities like Madonna will come to his defense a usual. The most overrated person in the history of rap music. Amazing how far white skin privilege will get you in life.

by Anonymousreply 1610/16/2013

If this was Chris Brown who made these lyrics this thread would be 10 pages long by now.

by Anonymousreply 1710/16/2013

How does a 45 year old man bother himself with such a teenage preoccupation as rap music?

Will there be 60 year olds still rapping, for Gawd's sake?

When does this stupid shit end? And wouldn't a 45 year old man develop more mature interests, or want to get an education?

What in the world do these old men rappers do all day?

by Anonymousreply 1810/16/2013

What is his problem really? Latent homosexual??

by Anonymousreply 1910/16/2013

I know one day at a "concert" Eminem will have his head shot off and his defective brain will spray over his fans. One well aimed bullet is all it will take. Some one will think of it. Some one with nothing to lose. Pow, and his days will have come to an end.

by Anonymousreply 2010/16/2013

If only he, Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Justin Timberlake could be thrown in boiling hot grease.

by Anonymousreply 2110/16/2013

Really, R23? I know the other three are kind of lame, but none of them is actually hateful AFAIK like Enema Boy.

by Anonymousreply 2210/16/2013

Really R21- what is his Goddamn problem? Really hateful stuff, poetry? bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 2310/16/2013

I think Eminem is hot. I'd like to have him call me "faggot" while pushing my head down on his dick.

by Anonymousreply 2410/16/2013

His bf must have dumped him and that ass gets itchy when it isn't being plugged.

by Anonymousreply 2510/16/2013

No doubt Madonna will rush to his defense once again.

by Anonymousreply 2610/16/2013

"Hi! My music is really shitty and doesn't sell anymore, and nobody bought my 'comeback' or that I don't do drugs anymore, or that I have a good relationship with my daughter! So, back to saying fag as much as I can, I guess!"

by Anonymousreply 2710/16/2013

He thought he would be the next Elton John. Instead, he proved to be the next Elvis Costello.

by Anonymousreply 2810/16/2013

It's rap, which is so lucrative, so he can get away with it, plus homophobia is allowed, no one has a problem with homophobia.

I think it is so funny, the lefty fake liberal hipster cartoons that read Pitchfork and Brooklyn Vegan and shit like that, they all love it. They are so superficially liberal it's nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 2910/16/2013

R32, that would actually be a huge compliment if he were the next Elvis Costello. Who I am willing to bet you have no idea who that is outside of your joke.

by Anonymousreply 3010/16/2013

Yes I do know who it is and no it is not a compliment. And I have seen him in concert.

by Anonymousreply 3110/16/2013

Elton will suck his dick again.

by Anonymousreply 3210/16/2013

Isn't this shitstain over yet?

by Anonymousreply 3310/16/2013

R28 Or Miss Aunt Maurice.

by Anonymousreply 3410/16/2013

Still no response from GLADD?

by Anonymousreply 3510/16/2013

[quote]Still no response from GLADD?

They are way too busy planning a big party in which they're going to give an award to some random straight actor -- just for saying he supports same-sex marriage.

by Anonymousreply 3610/16/2013

Complete lyrics.

I used to like this guy, but he's encouraging so many homophobic psychos to hurt gay people.

And that is simply evil and intolerable.

by Anonymousreply 3710/16/2013

He loves his daughter and would do anything for her. Hopefully she will turn out to be a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 3810/16/2013

This is so 2000.

by Anonymousreply 3910/16/2013

It's pretty obvious that GLAAD picks and chooses who they will target.They went after Azealia Banks when she made homophobic remarks about Perez hilton but no condemnation for Eminem's recent record.

by Anonymousreply 4010/16/2013

We shall throw a party for him!

by Anonymousreply 4110/16/2013

Miss Thing protests too much.

by Anonymousreply 4310/16/2013

Attention, media, press.

Very boring.

by Anonymousreply 4410/16/2013

It's 5:24 PM here in NYC and there still is no response from GLAAD.

by Anonymousreply 4510/16/2013

GLAAD is working with Alec Baldwin to fight anti-gay violence and can't be bothered to respond at this time!

by Anonymousreply 4610/16/2013

I am in a near laugh riot hysterical fit at the responses. Marshall is not well, and he has latency issues from here to Pluto.(aren't ya glad I didn't say Uranus?) He and his best buds are all gay...this I know for a fact. Dre, we see you boo boo.

And as for MSNBC's new late night star Mr. Baldwin, ahem, what I said about Marshall goes DOUBLE for him. Do not let the wives and the daughters fool ya! Alec LOVES the sizemeat even more than he likes politics; and, THAT is precisely why he will not be taking up the latter as a career(even though he is smart enough to do so.)

by Anonymousreply 4710/16/2013

That fool turns 41 tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 4810/16/2013

R52, don't forget his closet case tranny loving buddy 50 cent. Eminem, Dr Dre, 50 and The Game. All self loathing closet cases who hide behind macho persona's.

by Anonymousreply 4910/16/2013

Oh believe me, 50 is the reigning QUEEN of the clique.

Mayweather is their flower girl.

by Anonymousreply 5010/16/2013

I would definitely watch the now very muscular bodybuilder Dr. Dre fuck the shit out of Emmy's flat ass though. That would be amusing. Y'all know it's happened. How else did Emmy get his record deal?

by Anonymousreply 5110/16/2013

R_54 If ya think about it, the group consisting of 50, Dre, Jayceon(Game), and Em are the gayest crew since Scissor Sisters and Bronski Beat. I know, I know, they aren't a "group" and they certainly aren't "out" but ya get my point.

And the fact that there is an intra-hiphop beef with yet another "sister" Kanyetta, just adds to the cuntiness of the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 5310/16/2013

What else is new? There have been rumors for years that Dr. Dre is gay. Eazy -E was in the closet and died of AIDS. This is what keeps Latifah in the closet. And why you don't hear a damn thing about Frank Ocean anymore. Buster Rhymes is also in the closet. But he would cut a twink if he came forward with any real proof. Diddy is rumored to be Bi. Most of Hip Hop is repetetive crap. It has devolved not evolved. At least Kanye tries to do something different. It isn't always successful but it isn't boring. And he doesn't make anti-gay statements.

by Anonymousreply 5410/16/2013

Oh, brutha.

by Anonymousreply 5610/16/2013

Eazy-E had half a dozen kids with a bunch of different women. He was not gay.

by Anonymousreply 5710/16/2013

R60, you sound like those wiggers who want to seem "down" with the Haters gonna hate nonsense. Eminem sucks and so does the rest of rap. We have been stuck with rap music for over 30 years and I'm tired of it. Black people have lost the ability to create new genres of music. I'm just hoping something new will come along that will replace that garbage called hip hop.

by Anonymousreply 5810/16/2013

R62, how else did Easy E contract AIDS if he wasn't gay or bi? I don't think he was a heroine addict and he certainly didn't get it from a woman.

by Anonymousreply 5910/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 6010/16/2013

I'm neither, R66. Is that supposed to be an insult?

by Anonymousreply 6310/16/2013

Nearly all members of NWA were thought to be "down low thugs" to use the parlance of that time. It sorta went along with the whole prison culture theme which pervaded nearly half their videos, dress and performances.

I do not claim to have first hand knowledge of this, but most of my insider pals who are in that world say that Eazy partaking in a little ass lovin' would not be a huge surprise to them.

And could we please all grow up and recognize that fathering a litter of chirren doth not make one straight?

by Anonymousreply 6410/16/2013

Just checked trolldar and see that R66 / R67 has the IQ of a cantaloupe. Wish I hadn't bothered responding to his inane comment, period.

by Anonymousreply 6510/16/2013

Out of curiosity I just listened to the song, I don't think it's going to be an over the top hit.

by Anonymousreply 6610/16/2013

Guys, grow the fuck up. This rap/hippity-hop shit just rots your brain. I prefer pop because it's real and makes me feel good. Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears have momre talent in their clits than Eminem has in his ugly pasty body.

Miley and Britney will be around for the long run. Eminem may last another year or two. They have looks, brains and the talent to keep it real for a long time. They will be like Madonna was... a 25+ year career. Madonna has faded now and Britney and Miley are the new saviors of pop music. They are innovative, fresh, unique and will carry pop music for the next 25 years. I get chills when I realize that I am a part of this rich musical history.

Time will prove that Eminem is a homophobic piece of poop. He should die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 6810/16/2013

This shit again? I really hope one of the guys he's slept with has the balls to come out now with proof. It would prove what a hypocrite he is, and effectively kill his career.

by Anonymousreply 6910/16/2013

I love how people can't get away with shit like this today. Back in the 2000s when he was popular, he and others got away with trashing gays like no tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 7010/16/2013

r73 is a parody post. Love it! Well done.

by Anonymousreply 7110/16/2013

R66 R67 R72 is a racist old hillbilly who prides himself on being the straightest acting fag in the trailer park.

Guess what, Gramps? No one cares how much you hate "rap music". Or that you think "Blacks are regressing because of it". Don't comment on topics you don't understand, junior high school dropout.

by Anonymousreply 7210/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 7310/17/2013

And still no response from GLAAD.

by Anonymousreply 7410/17/2013

He is gross trash. Does anyone remember when he called Timberlake a "boyband diva faggot" in the press? I googled and can't find record of that quote. Am I remembering wrong? I don't think so and that was fucked up.

Anyway fuck Eminem, he's just pissed off because his own homophobia read him a fool and a laughingstock when Sasha Baron Cohen stuck Bruno's ass in his face on MTV.

(Yes, I know they said it was a planned stunt, that was just ex post face-saving BS for shitstain Eminem.)

by Anonymousreply 7510/17/2013

r69, I've never heard any stories about Ice Cube & other guys, have you? That would be cool, he is or was damn hot.

by Anonymousreply 7610/17/2013

Still no comment from GLAAD I see?

by Anonymousreply 7710/17/2013

Eminem is his generations Liberace.

by Anonymousreply 7910/17/2013

[R83] The use of those words perpetuates the hatred intended in their use. Tell us about you so we can find pejoratives your way. You need to stop demonizing others.

by Anonymousreply 8010/17/2013

He's such an asshole and so 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 8210/17/2013

People like r83 are such morons.

Hey, r83, some people think you're a moron, other people might not, so get used to it and fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 8310/17/2013

Eminem + Hitler = reptilian brains.

by Anonymousreply 8410/17/2013

As I suspected, white Eminem is getting a pass. I never want to hear anything about homophobia in hip hop ever again on this site. Apparently that's only a problem when black people do it.

by Anonymousreply 8610/18/2013

When white people do hip hop and R&B, they become so uber cool and untouchable to other white people.

by Anonymousreply 8710/18/2013

No, they are reviled by most whites as tards, R93.

by Anonymousreply 8810/18/2013

I think he's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 8910/18/2013

I wonder what Janet Jackson thinks about this. She needs to weigh in. (no pun intended)

by Anonymousreply 9010/18/2013

It's so funny the fake liberal hipster arr so offended by Lorde's Royals because she condemns excessive bling culture in music, but the same hipsters have no issue with the overwhelming and graphic homophobia in hip-hop.

by Anonymousreply 9110/18/2013

Maybe Janet will weigh in 5 yrs later, like she did taking 5 yrs to acknowledge Beanie Man's homophobia and apologize for recording a duet with him. Janet ain't to quick on the uptake, unless it involves enormous amounts of food.

by Anonymousreply 9210/18/2013

What dafuq is you talkin' bout?? Pac had a homosexual experience during Poetic Justice? GTFOH

by Anonymousreply 9410/18/2013

Check out the comments on EW'S site! YIKES

by Anonymousreply 9510/18/2013

Tu Pac bottomed for Suge Knight back in the day. Everyone who's anybody in the hip hop community knows that. Tu Pac had his cock sucked by niggaas on Death Row records whenhe was in the studio rapping about bitches and hoes. Hip hop is riddled with laughable contradictons.

by Anonymousreply 9610/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!