Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Young ‘Ellen’ Stars Sophia Grace & Rosie To Topline NBC Comedy & Feature Produced By Ellen DeGeneres

EXCLUSIVE: Are these the next Olsen twins? Ellen standouts Sophia Grace Brownlee and Rosie McClelland, are getting their own primetime show, which will be executive produced by Ellen DeGeneres. It is part of the big plans DeGeneres’ company, A Very Good Production, has for the young cousins. It also is producing a direct-to-video feature toplined by the pint-sized stars who have emerged as one of the biggest ratings draws on DeGeneres’ talk show.

Sophia Grace, 10, and Rosie, 7, are set to star in a comedy series project that has been set up at NBC with a script commitment. A Very Good Prods is producing in association with Warner Bros TV, where the company is based, with DeGeneres and Jeff Kleeman executive producing. Search is underway for a writer to hone in on a premise. In the movie, written by Erik Patterson & Jessica Scott and directed by Brian Levant, Sophia Grace and Rosie, playing versions of themselves, are sent to be correspondents at a royal coronation: one of three princesses is going to be chosen to lead the country. The two girls find themselves caught up in royal intrigue as they help the best candidate win the throne. Production on the film, done through Warner Bros’ home video division, starts next month.

British girls Sophia Grace and Rosie became overnight celebrities with their viral video of Sophia Grace, then 8, giving a spirited rendition of Nicki Minaj’s Super Bass. Based on that video, the producers of Ellen invited the girls to the show where they became instant stars and frequent guests. Their music performances on the show garnered millions of views online, led by the 66+ million hits for Sophia Grace’s duet with Minaj (see the video below). What’s more, the girls are defying the conventional wisdom that celebrities appeal to fans the same age or younger with a big grown-up following, something very few youngsters have accomplished — most notably Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, who also started off as sitcom and direct-to-video film stars on their way to building a media and fashion empire. Sophia Grace and Rosie’s crossover appeal is demonstrated by their frequent interaction with adults on Ellen, including chats with Reese Witherspoon and Taylor Swift, and red carpet stints at major awards show. ICM Partners-repped A Good Production has several other projects at the broadcast networks, including a comedy from Judge Greg Mathis at Fox and drama from Lauren Graham at the CW. Sophia Grace and Rosie are managed by Principato-Young; Patterson and Scott are with APA and Stone, Meyer, Genow, Smelkinson & Binder, LLP.

by Anonymousreply 1410/30/2013

Ellen is really getting annoying. First she tried to make Bethenny Frankel mainstream with the failing talk show, and now she's trying turn 2 British brats into household name child stars? I can't with this woman. I love kids but from the first time I saw these 2 girls, I couldn't stand them. Their parents always have this awful smug look in the audience too. You know these girls must be nightmares when they don't get their way.

by Anonymousreply 110/14/2013

I love Ellen, but the people she decides to get behind baffle me. She had these two on her show way too much and does she think she's doing them any favors by turning them into child stars?

by Anonymousreply 210/14/2013

Little blonde girl has no personality (Nicki Minaj reinforces that by ignoring her for the soon-to-be fat A.D.D. one). Gay father in the audience crying at the 00:48 second mark.

by Anonymousreply 310/15/2013

Is Ellen really a starmaker? Nobody cares about Bethenny's talk show. Ellen was also a producer on Portia's recent TV show which went nowhere. And didn't Ellen create a record company just so that she could pimp that little boy who sang "Papaparazzi" and was a YouTube hit from 2010 or so? WEHT him?

I don't expect these little girls to see much of the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 410/15/2013

Don't forget Ellen's failed record label and that Beiber-esque youngster she was promoting.

by Anonymousreply 510/15/2013

I love Ellen, but wish she would stop trying to make these two young girls happen. They were cute. Once.

by Anonymousreply 610/15/2013

dear god.

neither of those girls has talent... at least at this point.

older girl is a parrot. the younger younger girl is an oblivious tag along.

don't let this happen.

by Anonymousreply 710/15/2013

Why? Oh dear gawd... why?

by Anonymousreply 810/15/2013

They'll be on drugs by the time they're 15. Ugly British cunts. I hate the fucking bitches.

by Anonymousreply 1010/29/2013

Hate the little twits.

by Anonymousreply 1110/29/2013

I'm really shocked at the number of people who love these girls. They really are obnoxious and bratty. I like nice kids, not young famewhores with no talent.

by Anonymousreply 1210/29/2013

Why in the world would it be NBC primetime? It should be a Disney Channel or Nickelodeon show, the very least NBC Saturday morning like "Saved By The Bell".

by Anonymousreply 1310/30/2013

Wait 10 years....bitches will be crazy

by Anonymousreply 1410/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!