Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Conservative activist calls for President Obama to "put the Quran down, and come out with his hands up."

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Angered by the closure of national landmarks due to the partial government shutdown, a crowd of conservatives removed barricades Sunday at the World War II Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial as they rallied against President Barack Obama and Democrats for their role in the ongoing stalemate.

High-profile speakers with close ties to the tea party appeared at the event, including former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas.

The rally, billed as the "Million Vet March on the Memorials," drew far fewer than a million people and evolved into a protest that resembled familiar tea party events from 2009, with yellow "Don't Tread On Me" flags throughout the crowd and strong anti-Obama language from the podium and the audience. One speaker went as far as saying the president was a Muslim and separately urged the crowd of hundreds to initiate a peaceful uprising.

"I call upon all of you to wage a second American nonviolent revolution, to use civil disobedience, and to demand that this president leave town, to get up, to put the Quran down, to get up off his knees, and to figuratively come out with his hands up," said Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch, a conservative political advocacy group.

On the first day of the government shutdown, October 1, a group of World War II veterans was barred from entering the open-air memorial. But with the help of a few Republican members of Congress, the veterans removed the barricades and streamed onto the site, as security guards stood aside.

The Department of Interior has since said that veterans with the Honor Flight program will be permitted to visit the memorial as part of their First Amendment rights, but otherwise the site is closed to the general public until the government reopens.

by Anonymousreply 6210/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 110/13/2013

What is this pressing need to get into a landmark?

Did they leave their cell phone in there? Their purse?

What's so goddamn important that it can't wait until all this over????

by Anonymousreply 210/13/2013

I had one, too, you troglodyte.

by Anonymousreply 310/13/2013

[quote]I had one, too, you troglodyte.

We are aware. And while we like that you had slaves, your rewriting of the Bible doesn't gibe with our Christian views. But again, bravo for the whole slave thing.

by Anonymousreply 410/13/2013

lol, this is becoming a trend in america, blaming muslims.

by Anonymousreply 510/13/2013

Can someone report R6 to Homeland Security?

by Anonymousreply 710/13/2013

I believe R6 was referring to Klayman, in which case, "I saw nothing."

by Anonymousreply 810/13/2013

[quote]Can someone report [R6] to Homeland Security?

r7, we all know they are already watching us.

by Anonymousreply 910/13/2013

Were they joined by the "thousands" of truckers who were "Riding for the constitution" this weekend?

by Anonymousreply 1010/13/2013

R6 was probably referring to the Tea Party nut who is the subject of this thread, but he still shouldn't have said it.

by Anonymousreply 1110/13/2013

It is tragic that people vote these people into office and have power to affect lives.

by Anonymousreply 1210/13/2013

[quote]Were they joined by the "thousands" of truckers who were "Riding for the constitution" this weekend?

More like dozens.

by Anonymousreply 1310/13/2013

I SERIOUSLY feel like I'm in Invasion of the Body Snatchers and pod people are descending upon the WWII memorial.

by Anonymousreply 1610/13/2013

Oh, wait. Was it the Muslims who shut the government down? Huh?

I think the Republicans are losing the thread here.

by Anonymousreply 1810/14/2013

These people cause the shutdown, and then protest it. The amount of stupidity on display is mind-boggling.

by Anonymousreply 1910/14/2013

[quote]These people cause the shutdown, and then protest it. The amount of stupidity on display is mind-boggling.

And the faster Sarah Palin runs toward something and tries to glom on to it, the stupider it is.

by Anonymousreply 2010/14/2013

You know, if we were living under an Obama dictatorship as these idiots believe, they would have all been shot dead.

by Anonymousreply 2110/14/2013

This ignorant trash is the new face of the rethuglican party. Enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 2210/14/2013

When did being Muslim become illegal? I really want these idiots questioned. I also want them questioned about what the big deal is if Obama experimented with homosexuality. Are they saying that gay people can't become president? Ask them where it states that in the US Constitution. They must hate the Constitution, thus hate America.

No one questions them. I want them on the record.

by Anonymousreply 2310/14/2013

These nut bags are destroying the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 2410/14/2013

I guess the MSM will be tying themselves into knots in order to convince us that the Tea Party is NOT racist and the nuts carrying the confederate flag outside of the White House occupied by a black man are just a few "fringe" protestors.

by Anonymousreply 2510/14/2013

[quote]These nut bags are destroying the Republican party.

Isn't it fantastic?

by Anonymousreply 2610/14/2013

I've not yet decided whether their hysteria is amusing or terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 2710/14/2013

It is both, but much more the latter.

by Anonymousreply 2810/14/2013

[quote]Now they're trying to provoke Obama into doing something extreme so they can impeach him.

True enough. In fact, they don't want Obama to do anything. They want to default on the debt by refusing to raise the debt ceiling, then they want to impeach Obama for letting them do it. (see link)

To use the "setting your house on fire metaphor" we've all heard, they are saying they will set your house on fire if you don't give them $20. You refuse, so they start a fire in your living room and then arrest *you* for arson.

by Anonymousreply 2910/14/2013

You people have forgotten what this whole thing is all about:

Republicans have been after Obama from day one. The ones with a little bit of sense have backed off. But it's the hard core racists who have been relentless.

What's funny is that they tried and tried and tried to bring him down. Throughout the 2008 campaign, when he smacked them down, then through his first term, when they tried to make sure he didn't have a second term, but he smacked them down, then during the 2012 election, when he smacked them down, and now in his second term.

These pigs will not give up.

They have one mission: BRING DOWN OBAMA. Through whatever means necessary. And yet he keeps humiliating them. Over, and over, and over. It's like he's somehow protected. This is truly the strangest Presidency ever.

Obama has NEVER LOST against Republicans. Keep that in mind. Try as they might, they can't bring him down. And this fight will be no different. The more they try, the more they get humiliated.

I'm telling you, his Presidency was meant to be. Everything from beginning to end... the haters won't win.

It pisses these guys the fuck off that a black man is President and telling them what to do and how to do it. They're so angry they can't see straight. Which is exactly why they're losing.

It gives me great satisfaction to see Obama getting the best of them. Three more years of torture for the bigots and racists. Yay!

by Anonymousreply 3010/14/2013

It is SOOOO about racism.

by Anonymousreply 3110/14/2013

[quote]Now they're trying to provoke Obama into doing something extreme so they can impeach him.

And also true.

I have no idea what lights their fire, because I have been out of touch with the residents of my hometown in Kansas.

But I recall 20 years ago (or more) how upset some of my peers in KS were about SEATBELT LAWS. And having a speed limit as low as 55 for highways.

Since I've isolated from their perspective (and no longer live in KS), they too have done the same with mine. We all know they're stuck in a Narcissus like echo chamber.

But by doing so they are totally out of touch with the mainstream. We saw that when they were SHOCKED & DEVASTATED by Romney's loss.

One would think they'd learned their lesson and trust mainstream polling rather than refusing to accept the data results. THeir polling is AWFUL, but they don't care! Just like they don't care about Climate Change!!

Willfull denialism.

by Anonymousreply 3210/14/2013

Their hatred always has been about the black man in the WH who isn't, as he should be, wearing a waiter's uniform and pouring a glass of wine for some bigwig at a State Dinner, but is, instead, hosting it.

by Anonymousreply 3410/14/2013

These are the same shitstains that ended up in front of the White House waving their confederate flags.

by Anonymousreply 3510/14/2013

Jessie Ventura says that Obama was a CIA operative.

by Anonymousreply 3610/14/2013

Yes, I saw that R33...and that story should be on the front page of the NYTimes & HuffPo.

Basically...on October 1, clause 4 for Rule 22 was changed this way:

1. prior to 10-1-13, anyone could bring the call for a vote

2. after 10-1-13, only the Speaker or his designee could.

Neat trick, huh?

And get this...when a dem tried to bring this to vote, and was told he could not because of the RECENT change to the rule, the Speaker & his designee WERE NOT EVEN PRESENT.

Meaning, at that time, NOBODY could bring the call for a vote.

I agree...this is a government takeover.

by Anonymousreply 3710/14/2013

They should be being prosecuted for sedition.

by Anonymousreply 3810/14/2013

What will these racists do with their time when Obama leaves office?

by Anonymousreply 3910/14/2013

They do not believe this president is a legitimate president. It is beyond their understanding that he was re-elected handily, or that he commands, even during this assault on our system of government, far more support than the Tea Party. Let’s not be mealy-mouthed. This speaker, Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch, accuses the president of treason in this speech, of deliberately pursuing policies to kill members of the armed services, because he is an Islamist, and allegedly “bows to Allah”. What he is saying is the president is a deliberate mole of foreign agents determined to destroy the American way of life. And there is no pushback from the crowd and no pushback from GOP leaders.

by Anonymousreply 4010/14/2013

r40, they will start a similar campaign against a woman. Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 4110/14/2013

I hate to be one of those "Some of my best friends are..." people, but what the hell:

I know several Muslims. Among them, two doctors, a software developer and one who owns several businesses and employs around 60-70. I guarantee you they all pay more in taxes and are of more use to this country than any of the low IQ trash who showed up to that idiot circle jerk.

Someone needs to remind them that if they disappeared right now, they'd finally be doing something to better the nation as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 4210/14/2013

Oh, I agree, R43. I agree with R41, too. But remember. They tried really hard to fuck over Bill Clinton too. The fact that Obama is a Black man makes it so much easier to focus the rabble's energies, and to stoke up to fear factor.

This will not stop because it's not simply an anti-Obama strategy. Their tactics are anti-Obama. The goal of their overall strategy is to dismantle the federal government as we know it. I keep telling you. This is a coup.

by Anonymousreply 4310/14/2013

Right now the only thing we can do as a united Democratic party is fight this madness. Obama cannot fight all these lies and accusations and slander and treasonous behavior all on his own.

Do NOT allow them to speak over you.

Do NOT allow them to lie to America.

Do it not because you hate them, but because you love America.

by Anonymousreply 4410/14/2013

This tidbit is from the National Liberty Federation:

"Early today, protesting the barricades placed at memorials around Washington D.C. by the vindictive Obama administration, veterans removed the barricades and proceeded to take them to the White House. Multiple people tweeted photos of the barricades being removed and taken for presidential inspection."

by Anonymousreply 4510/14/2013

The Freepers in my office seem to be at nearly fever pitch.

This morning, one of them (the very picture of low-info voter, btw. I am 99% positive she didn't even vote in the presidential election last year) came in and excitedly asked me if I'd seen the story on the news about how "hundreds" of WWII veterans "stormed the WWII monument, picked up the gates and THREW them in front of the White House!"

by Anonymousreply 4610/14/2013

[quote]"hundreds" of WWII veterans "stormed the WWII monument, picked up the gates and THREW them in front of the White House!"

And no doubt those hundreds will now require government-funded medical care for various broken hips, shoulders, etc.

by Anonymousreply 4710/14/2013

They already get Medicare/VA benefits/Social Security/GI Bill benefits and whatever else.

by Anonymousreply 4810/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 4910/14/2013

Imagine if another black person wins the next presidential election. They will lose their damn minds, especially a black woman.

The ones who claimed this was never about racism won't be able to hide their anger and wrath publicly.

by Anonymousreply 5010/14/2013

They are all like that idiot Fred Phelps and honestly, they need to be dead. I didn't say I was killing them...none of us will but the fact remains, that bunch of freaks and ignorant nut cases do need to be dead. Our nation can not heal with them constantly feeding lies to the most ignorant among us.

by Anonymousreply 5110/14/2013

Could someone please explain to me how the closing of our national parks was blamed on Obama?? Do these knuckle draggers even understand why the government was shut down?

by Anonymousreply 5210/14/2013

R54, among these "low information voters" who only listen to Faux news and Rush Limbaugh, Barack Obama is a sinister force who is responsible for bad weather. He caused Hurricane Sandy fer chrissakes!

by Anonymousreply 5310/14/2013

[quote]Could someone please explain to me how the closing of our national parks was blamed on Obama??

We'd have to take a hammer to our own heads to achieve both the intelligence and the logic of a conservative, and only then could we explain it to you.

[quote]Do these knuckle draggers even understand why the government was shut down?

No, that's why they're knuckle-draggers.

by Anonymousreply 5410/14/2013

The best thing we could do is go to and contribute to that organization because they are actually trying to do something to win back the country from the right wing fanatics.

by Anonymousreply 5510/14/2013

Thank you R57. And just wait. The GOP and the extremists who run them, will go after MoveOn just the way the went after ACORN. Rotten fuckers. I support MoveOn and the OGA grassroots efforts that are in place to prepare for the 2014 mess.

by Anonymousreply 5610/14/2013

I've been to an OGA meeting and did contribute but unfortunately, I'm flat broke most of the time. Maybe I could give up my Netflix and give that money to them but that's about it. Maybe I should but I really use my Netflix. Anyway, I'll contribute something to move on.

by Anonymousreply 5710/14/2013

(paraphrasing Bill Maher)

"There are two things that Republicans cannot stand:

1. being described as racists, and, 2. black people."

by Anonymousreply 5810/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 5910/14/2013

I believe these people should be arrested for anti-American activities and I'm entirely serious.

by Anonymousreply 6010/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!