Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Islands around Charleston, SC

Family vacation with the parents. We can go to Sullivan's Island or the Isle of Palms. Suggestions? Is coastal SC like the rest of SC?

by Anonymousreply 910/13/2013

Nice spot for a family vacation. I like Sullivan's. There are no hotels, only home rentals, so it has a nice, residential, almost small town feel.

Coastal SC is very different from the rest of the state. That's not to say it's a progressive wonderland, but it is quite different from the rest of SC.

Really: there's not a lot to know. A nice quiet spot for a family vacation. If you have any specific questions (places to eat, stay, etc) let me know.

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2013

Doesn't Bill Murray live on Sullivan's?

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2013

Yup, just a stones skip away from Ft. Sumter, the touchstone of diversity and human rights.

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2013

r3, if you're too delicate to vacation there because of shit that went down 150 years ago, choose another spot.

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2013

Yeah, because of course slavery never existed in New York.

by Anonymousreply 510/13/2013

There are no Negros on islands, so you have to make your own beds in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 610/13/2013

Hey,

I'm writing from one of those islands right now. I'm on Seabrook Island, also known as St. John's Island, a stone's throw away from Kiawah Island.

The islands are full of retired northerners, so this part of the state is not typical South Carolina.

They're quiet, relaxing, and rather beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 710/13/2013

Do you live on Seabrook? Kiawah is more expensive than the Hamptons.

by Anonymousreply 810/13/2013

Aren't you going to say something stupid about "geezers" now, OP? Isn't that your M.O., as you babble about the difference between inland and coastal regions and try to get Bill Murray's address?

by Anonymousreply 910/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.