Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How did Rachel Maddow get her hair this color?

Please look at her infamous high school pearl necklace photo where dark brunette Rachel is a blonde.

How did she get her dark hair that color? It's not platinum blonde from a severe bleaching; it's actually pretty and a nice warm shade.

by Anonymousreply 3210/14/2013

Have you heard of hair dye, dear?

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2013

What's that on her head?

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2013

It's probably been years since Rachel got a pearl necklace.

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2013

You can't dye dark hair blonde, dear dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2013

That blog has some serious idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2013

Cum shampoo

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2013

It's a wig, baby!

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2013

Nobody can answer the question?

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2013

Does her carpet match her drapes?

I am picturing lots of fuzzy matted shag and faded canvas with metal grommets either way.

by Anonymousreply 910/13/2013

She's actually a blonde and dyes her hair dark.

by Anonymousreply 1010/13/2013

OP, my sister has brown hair but it was that same blonde color in high school. She bleached her hair slightly and then spent alot of time in the sun. Rachel Maddow looks very pretty and happy in high school.

by Anonymousreply 1110/13/2013

matches her moustache

by Anonymousreply 1210/13/2013

"You can't dye dark hair blonde,"

News to my mother & a slew of Italian-American aunts & cousins.

by Anonymousreply 1310/13/2013

My hair was naturally blond in high school and started getting darker as I got into my 30s and became a mousey brunette. Now, I dye it a shade darker to hide the gray.

by Anonymousreply 1410/13/2013

I have dark hair and I dye it blonde - you use one product to strip the old colour out and then a second one to put whatever new colour you want in. It's hard on the hair though, no problem with my crop but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with a mane!

by Anonymousreply 1510/13/2013

Many people get darker hair as they grow up.

by Anonymousreply 1610/13/2013

What R15 is describing is double-process blonding. The hair is lightened with bleach. Another product, a toner, dyes the the final shade of blonde.

by Anonymousreply 1710/13/2013

Her hair looks like it was bleached in the sun. It's darker on top and toward the roots, in areas that haven't seen as much sun as the ends.

by Anonymousreply 1810/13/2013

OP, you're seriously asking how a brunette adult could have been a blonde teenager?

There are very few blond/blonde adults. Not none, but very few. Almost all blonds become brunettes as they age.

She might have lightened it in that picture (or it might have been summertime), but that doesn't mean she wasn't a natural blonde when she was younger.

by Anonymousreply 1910/13/2013

In "her" case wouldn't it be more accurate to say "toupee"?

by Anonymousreply 2010/13/2013

You can't dye brown hair blonde. This is what's meant:

Dyeing makes hair darker. Lightening makes hair lighter.

It's just semantics.

by Anonymousreply 2110/13/2013

Whoever thinks dark hair cannot be dyed blonde has never been to Russia or Greece.

by Anonymousreply 2210/13/2013

Rachel has never looked like anything but a guy in a wig. Even the high School picture shows a super tomboy. Not a bad thing, but it's the truth. I get a kick out the TV makeup people using drag eye shadow and make-up on her. She handsome and should allowed to be handsome.

by Anonymousreply 2310/13/2013

[19] Here in the Netherlands (and in Northern Europe in general) there are a lot of adult blondes and most who were blonde as teens stay that way.

by Anonymousreply 2410/13/2013

It was that color when she bought it the estate sale of the late Howard Cosell.

by Anonymousreply 2510/13/2013

Yes you can dye dark hair blonde. You can strip all the color out of your hair until it's white actually.

by Anonymousreply 2610/13/2013

Also- people's hair can change naturally. I was a blonde as a child. My hair naturally darkened to brown as I got older.

by Anonymousreply 2710/13/2013

In that photo she has a swimmer's neck and shoulders. I'd say her natural color was closer to the roots, and the lighter blonde bleached by the sun and chlorine. My partner has light brown hair until summer then it is very light blonde.

by Anonymousreply 2810/13/2013

"Her hair looks like it was bleached in the sun."

Her hair looks like her momma took her to a salon before the photo was taken, and tried to femme her up! It doesn't look sun-lightened, sun-lightening leaves the hair streaked and with a variety of colors, hers is the same color on top and close to the neck.

Really, I think this is a salon color. The process of bleaching and tinting the hair is not something a tomboyish high school girl would do well.

by Anonymousreply 2910/13/2013

[quote]You can't dye dark hair blonde

WTF? Have you heard of a woman named MADONNA?

PS: you are an imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 3010/14/2013

I think that's her natural color - looks that way. I'll bet she dyes it dark because she thinks it makes her look more "serious."

by Anonymousreply 3110/14/2013

I'd say her current color is natural.

It may have been lighter when she was younger--but not that light.

I agree with R29. It looks like artificially colored, not sun lightened.

No shame in experimenting. I've always had dark brown hair but when I was late teens/early 20s, it varied from blond, light brown, even orange. Granted, the orange was accidental...

by Anonymousreply 3210/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!