Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Michigan college student: "Obamacare raped my future."

"My name is Ashley Dionne and I’m a 26-year-old recent graduate from Michigan. The phony Obamacare signup poster boy made me want to send a message about how Obamacare is really affecting people. I graduated from The University of Michigan in 2009. In my state, this used to mean something, but even with a bachelor’s I was told I was too educated and wouldn’t stay. I watched as kids with GEDs and high school diploma’s took the low-paying jobs for which I applied. I went back to school and got a second degree and finally found work at a gym. I work nights and only get 32 hours a week for eight dollars an hour. I’m unable to find a second job at this time. I have asthma, ulcers, and mild cerebral palsy. Obamacare takes my monthly rate from $75 a month for full coverage on my “Young Adult Plan,” to $319 a month. After $6,000 in deductibles, of course. Liberals claimed this law would help the poor. I am the poor, the working poor, and I can’t afford to support myself, let alone older generations and people not willing to work at all. This law has raped my future."

by Anonymousreply 17112/27/2013

Well, that sucks. :(

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2013

Two degrees and works at the gym? What were the degrees in?

Why was she applying for the low end jobs to start with?

1) I think she's trolling. 2) If she's legit, she's got other issues at work that she didn't talk about. You can just sense it reading the post. 3) Even if I took everything she said as true and not her fault, then maybe we should change the system that makes it so that people can't earn a living wage instead of attacking the first person in I don't know how long who has at least done SOMETHING to make it better.

There's a cashier at the pharmacy I go to who is 76 if he's a day. He's on his last leg. What kind of society is the U.S. where we make this man work until his dying day?

I'm in my 20s, and I know that there will not be a social security program there when I need it. Conservatives will get their way by then. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2013

[quote] Obamacare takes my monthly rate from $75 a month for full coverage on my “Young Adult Plan,”

How is that even possible? I'm a female with no health problems, and I pay $260 for my individual healthcare plan. Where did she get $75 from--perhaps through a parent?

What "raped" her future was the recession.

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2013

Wonkette took this lying bitch down far better than I ever could.

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2013

What a misleading headline. The article goes on to do the math and shows that, not only is she eligible for Medicaid (which she is apparently refusing out of principle), there are other affordable options, and that even if her premiums were as much as she said, her tax credit subsidy would bring it down to a lot less than $319 a month.

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2013

[quote]I’m unable to find a second job at this time. I have asthma, ulcers, and mild cerebral palsy.

What? No fibromyalgia?

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2013

"Obamacare" was created by the Heritage Foundation. Why we have embraced this bullshit is beyond me.

We needed single payer via an expansion of Medicare.

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2013

Without even doing any research, you can tell Ashley is either lying (probably) or woefully uninformed. If she's really making $8 an hour and working 32 hours a week, she absolutely qualifies for subsidies and tax credits, bringing her total cost for a high-quality insurance plan to near zero. Certainly less than the $75 a month she is/was currently paying.

As to the $6,000 deductible, she again demonstrates her inability to read and comprehend (hey, maybe I've hit on something here... man-in-sky knows they'll gradjiate pretty much anyone from "college" these days) as there is no plan under Obamacare that has $6,000 deductibles; what it does have is a total max-out-of-pocket in the bronze, silver and gold plans of $6500 per year. So, she'd have to incur some substantial medical costs on an annual basis to reach that point.

And meanwhile, under her current $75/month plan, she's probably paying for contraceptives out-of-pocket, pays for an annual physical and associated tests, and while I'm not familiar with Michigan's healthcare, I am pretty certain that a $75/month plan isn't going to cover much in terms of a lifetime of medical care, especially for someone asthma, ulcers and cerebral palsy (OH MY MAN-IN-SKY, DID SHE SAY SHE HAS CEREBRAL PALSY?! What insurance plan prior to Obamacare would even accept her?).

And by the way, Ashley, without Obamacare "raping" you, you'd hit your lifetime cap for insurance that existed prior to 2010, probably within a few years, and then you'd be responsible for 100% of your care.

I really don't understand how people in her situation can do anything but give thanks to Obama for literally saving her life. I wish that what we could do is have everyone make the decision whether or not they want to participate in Obamacare now, and make it irreversible, so that we can cull the stupid, the insane, and the gullible altogether. It would, of course, be the end of the Pubbies if we were able to do this, because then where would they get new Pubbies if they all died for lack of healthcare?

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2013

Total bullshit, this is what happens when you let your ignorant relatives listen to fox news and talk radio.

But, you can show them this article from Fox News that list 5 reasons to like Obamacare. Maybe they will read it since its Fox.

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2013

This is the opening salvo of the Republican Hate Campaign for 2014 (Congressional Election) and 2016. There is no bottom to the dishonesty and craven fantasizing they're going to try. They're furious about the social media success of Obama in 2012, and are going to aim at this grass roots mode of phony anecdote to stir things up.

And what is wrong with R10? Is it post-lobotomy or someone in need of one?

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2013

R7, we've embraced it because it's so much better than the unsustainable and immoral mess that it replaces.

Yes, we need single payer, but we're not going to get there in one step, nor are we going to get there with this many obstructionist Republicans and conservatives in government.

by Anonymousreply 1210/12/2013

What was her future wearing? Was it drinking? Is she confident her future wasn't sending mixed signals to Obamacare?

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2013

Why can't whiny little brats like this just stay home? Better yet I wish she would stay home and put her head in the oven. The Affordable Care could possibly have a very positive effect on her life and she doesn't want to see it. Stupid girl.

by Anonymousreply 1610/12/2013

Whoopi is right. This time it really wasn't a rape rape.

by Anonymousreply 1710/12/2013

Ashley? I hate her already.

by Anonymousreply 1810/12/2013

R11, must it be in quotes for you to get the irony. Of course, this does not represent my beliefs, but rather those of a lot of the Pugs.

by Anonymousreply 1910/12/2013

Except, of course, the reason nobody can get a job is because of the REPUBLICAN fiscal crisis, collapse, & recession, and the fact that REPUBLICANS have hindered, watered-down, or out-right BLOCK every single initiative to increase employment & create jobs.

by Anonymousreply 2110/12/2013

[quote] In my state, this used to mean something, but even with a bachelor’s I was told I was too educated and wouldn’t stay.

I certainly wouldn't say she has too much education.

by Anonymousreply 2210/12/2013

Michigan? oh my!

by Anonymousreply 2310/12/2013

Without Obamacare she is uninsurable and her care would cost at least $20,000 a year. And of course, Obamacare hasn't started.

by Anonymousreply 2410/12/2013

This chick was just on Mike Huckabee's show.

She said she can no longer afford insurance, and she'll probably take the penalty.

by Anonymousreply 2510/12/2013

For anyone who says they can't afford the insurance: I refuse to believe you until you show me an accounting of EVERY penny you spent in the past three months. How much of it went for eating out? Cable TV? Tattoos? Manicures? Smart phones? Are you willing to tell me that any one of those things is more important than your health? As far as I'm concerned, other than expenses related to your job, food and shelter, nothing else is more important than your health.

by Anonymousreply 2610/12/2013

Is a Young Adult Plan by any chance a plan one would be on until one turns 26 and gets booted off the parent plan? In which case, she'd be just as SOL without the ACA, perhaps even moreso with her pre-existing conditions.

by Anonymousreply 2710/12/2013

[quote]"Obamacare raped my future."

Perhaps we should treat her as the republicans would treat all rape victims...

Stick a transvaginal ultrasound up her snatch to see if her future was really truly raped.

Tell her that she must carry her future to term and then she may give her future up for adoption to someone who cares about it.

Tell her that she must pay for her own rape kit, because we know that she's not a government moocher.

Call her a slut and a whore for letting her future get raped so easily.

by Anonymousreply 2810/12/2013

My Nephew graduated from U of M with a Chemical Engineering degree - he had three job offers before he graduated and is now making more than all of us as a project manager for an oil company. He graduated in 2009. You have to make an educated decision in what field you want.

by Anonymousreply 2910/12/2013

WHy didn't the insurance company kick her off her parents' policy? It was part of Obamacare that they can keep her until age 26 I think. The previous rule was much lower.

by Anonymousreply 3010/12/2013

Exactly, r30.

The only reason she's been allowed to stay on her young adult plan (which is what they call plans for dependent children) for the past three years is *because* of the The Dependent Coverage to Age 26 provision of the ACA. Otherwise, her parents' insurance company would have kicked her off after college and started charging her whatever they pleased.

The only reason she can't continue at that rate is because she's now 26.

by Anonymousreply 3110/13/2013

THis kid raped her own future by getting two useless college degrees.

by Anonymousreply 3210/13/2013

Sorry but how do you have mild cerebral palsy? I think the whole letter was a freeper joke.

by Anonymousreply 3310/13/2013

It might be trolled, R33, but sadly it's no joke. They're deadly serious about preventing 60 million people from getting affordable insurance, kicking kids off their parents plan at 21 or graduation from college, whichever comes first, and allowing the insurance company death panels ration care by deciding weather or not they honor the policies they've sold, and making living a pre-existing condition.

by Anonymousreply 3410/13/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3510/13/2013

"What insurance plan prior to Obamacare would even accept her?)."

In fairness, most employer sponsored coverage was guaranteed to issue. Plus, Michigan required guaranteed issue for all health insurance, regardless of health history.

It would be highly doubtful she would be accepted if she had to go through medical underwriting, but that process is about to fade away.

by Anonymousreply 3610/13/2013

This sounds like that Facebook post that my boss claims he saw his wife's (65 year old) friend make about how she opted out of Obamacare and now she owes a $4,000 dollar fine and her driver's license is going to be suspended.

(My boss is fucking obsessed with Obamacare and how it's going to start an actual civil war in this country. This, even though he, himself, has been without health insurance for a year because he can't afford it for himself, his spendthrift wife and their useless, jobless 22 year old daughter.)

by Anonymousreply 3810/13/2013

[quote]They're upset because Obama said they could keep their current insurance, but now they found out they can't.

Quit being obtuse. You know very well that the ACA is not requiring them to give up their current insurance.

by Anonymousreply 3910/13/2013

"They need six full time working 27 year olds to finance one poor person with pre-existing health conditions"

From an actuarial perspective, that is pure fiction. But thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 4010/13/2013

"You know very well that the ACA is not requiring them to give up their current insurance."

It sort of is--the law requires that all insurance plans offer certain benefits & most individual direct sold plans do not offer those benefits (example: mental health & maternity benefits are required, yet not commonly offered in the individual retail market--this varies by state) As a result, plans are being sunsetted & replaced with policies that offer the mandated benefits.

Frankly, reading some of the posts on DL regarding ACA, the broadening of access to mental health treatment is a very good thing, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 4110/13/2013

Current policies are being dropped because they don't meet ACA qualifications.

by Anonymousreply 4210/13/2013

I work in healthcare too, in reimbursement analysis specifically. Many policies sold to individuals in the past provided very poor coverage that frequently left providers holding the bag. Dealing with the "underinsured" is almost as bad as dealing with the uninsured for the hospitals I work for. In both cases, we have to write off accounts to charity (which simply means adding the costs to future rates).

I always hear Republicans talking about charity care.There is no Charity Care. The cost of charity and bad debt is calculated and used in setting the rates providers negotiate with insurers. In the end, everyone who has insurance pays for this "charity".

by Anonymousreply 4310/13/2013

R7 writes,

[quote]"Obamacare" was created by the Heritage Foundation. Why we have embraced this bullshit is beyond me. | We needed single payer via an expansion of Medicare.

Reason is because there are Democratic voters who don't know what liberalism is. They like Team Blue even when policy is corporatist and "center right" (which is right-wing).

President Obama, and everyone in his inner circle, had no intention of delivering on the public option for the 2010 healthcare bill.

Today's Republican Party leaves true liberals feeling there is nowhere to go but back the Democratic Party - or fuck it and vote for a Green or don't vote at all.

by Anonymousreply 4410/13/2013

I read somewhere - this article or elsewhere - that her mother says her daughter would rather die than get Medicaid. Well, the reality is that the daughter - with no other option - would get Medicaid. If she's interested in her survival.

by Anonymousreply 4510/13/2013

R33, CP can indeed be classified as "mild." It's a general term though and doesn't tell us anything, and she probably has a more detailed diagnosis (such as diplegia) that she didn't share. Or she just self-diagnosed, as a lot of people do nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 4610/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 4710/13/2013

Her degree is probably in physical education, cause she can't write worth a shit.

by Anonymousreply 4810/13/2013

If she does't want anyone's help, why did she attend a state university? Her tuition was partially subsidized by tax dollars.

by Anonymousreply 4910/13/2013

Thank you, R43. Your last paragraph needs to be posted everywhere. It is why we needed a law in the first place. And we ended up stuck with the insurance companies, because they would have sunk any attempt toward a single payer system. Remember Harry and Louise?

by Anonymousreply 5010/13/2013

Life lessons for Ashley: Leave Michigan, now. Stop whining. Take the Medicaid you're qualified for, and you'll save money. Stop lying about Obamacare.

Go the fuck away.

by Anonymousreply 5110/13/2013

r49 Logic is not really "a thing" with these people.

by Anonymousreply 5210/14/2013

Can we all just take turns viciously face slapping her instead?

by Anonymousreply 5310/14/2013

Look, OP,you troll: post the whole article, not just what this bitch misleadingly says.

by Anonymousreply 5410/14/2013

[quote]I have asthma, ulcers, and mild cerebral palsy.

Sounds like a real catch.

by Anonymousreply 5510/14/2013

Feh. She has cerebral palsy. Her mother should have smothered her with a pillowcase.

by Anonymousreply 5610/14/2013

I've listened to people like this call into on radio talk shows. They don't have insurance, but they don't want healthcare reform, even though they would benefit most. They say they would rather go without any care they might get rather than have their tax monies going to lazy people on welfare (we know who that means).. It apparently never occurs to them that their tax monies might be going to their own care - and any care they receive will be subsidized thru charity (=higher premiums paid by others).

by Anonymousreply 5710/14/2013

[quote]I’m unable to find a second job at this time. I have asthma, ulcers, and mild cerebral palsy.

Why isn't this Ashley bitch already on some disability plan, I think it's called SSDI?

A slacker female relative with 'mental issues' is on SSDI, not only is she married to a man who owns a successful small business, she gets Food Stamps, a free cell phone and free healthcare because she is eligible for SSDI. It doesn't make sense.

How is a woman who is married to a wealthy man able to get on SSDI? I thought these programs were based on your financial situation. I don't care is she's mentally ill which makes her eligible for certain programs, she has a rich husband, isn't that taken into account when a person signs up for SSDI?

by Anonymousreply 5810/14/2013

Those are "low information voters" R57.

by Anonymousreply 5910/14/2013

This is so much bull shit. All anyone has to do to keep their current insurance is opt out of the Affordable Healthcare Act for 95.00 and that's the end of obamacare impacting your health insurance. The Affordable Healthcare Act was constructed so that as many Americans as possible will participate thus making the plan financially viable. If 95.00 is too much to be part of the country's healthcare initiative, then move to hell away.

by Anonymousreply 6010/14/2013

One doesn't even have to pay the 95.00 if one has insurance from work. You are considered covered and the new system has no affect on you.

by Anonymousreply 6110/14/2013

OP's info/story is pure malarkey. Pure and reprobatable malarkey.

by Anonymousreply 6210/14/2013

I am grateful for the Affordable Care act and will be applying soon.

by Anonymousreply 6310/14/2013

So this bitch wants health care that's affordable, but she doesn't want anything to do with the Affordable Care Act because that's too expensive. She has been getting an affordable plan because of the ACA for three years, and she wants that to continue. But it can't, because limitations were put in place by other people who didn't want her healthcare to be too affordable, and she fully supports them.

And she doesn't want Medicaid, which is certainly affordable, although she wants to pay as little as Medicaid recipients pay and get the same benefits. She qualifies, but won't sign up because she doesn't like what it's called and she doesn't want government help. And that's why she hates the government.

Is that about right?

by Anonymousreply 6410/14/2013

You realize this is all made up b.s.? I doubt there is any such person.

by Anonymousreply 6510/14/2013

Will Obamacare pay to repair the damage caused by that "B" she carved in her face?

by Anonymousreply 6710/14/2013

Someone claiming to be her mother commented and wrote that she'd rather starve than accept Medicaid. Here's hoping.

by Anonymousreply 6810/14/2013

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

by Anonymousreply 6910/14/2013

Here is Ashley being interviewed on the Mike Huckabee show

by Anonymousreply 7010/14/2013

Ever have a job, R66? Apply for a driver license or passport? Pay taxes? Have a credit card or a supermarket discount card or a checking account?

Then your information's already out there. Even if you only use snail mail and only write the information on a piece of paper, that information later gets entered into computer systems by someone else.

But you know that. You only posted to try to scare other people from signing up for healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 7110/14/2013

What an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 7210/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 7310/14/2013

Mega-stupid piece of shit celebrated for her anti-intellectualism.

Lord, she did herself in.

Want someone to blame, cunt? Look in a mirror.

by Anonymousreply 7410/14/2013

Another whiny virgin.

by Anonymousreply 7510/14/2013

ObamaCare needs 7 million insured to make the program work. So far 51,000 have signed-up.

by Anonymousreply 7610/14/2013

bullshit, r76. Link?

by Anonymousreply 7710/14/2013

Ashley aside, all of you seem to be ignoring the fact that millions of people who live in the states which did not expand Medicaid really are shit out of luck. They don't have to pay the $95 fee, but they're ineligible for Medicaid and can't even begin to afford the insurance rates and qualify for zero subsidies as there are none for the states which did not expand Medicaid. Additionally, in many states, you can't have any assets and still qualify for Medicaid or SSI. And, despite what the Republicans would have you believe, it actually is not easy to get federal disability and most people have to apply many times and eventually hire a lawyer to be given the $200 a month they're supposed to somehow live on. So, stop being so willfully ignorant because you sound like fucking brain dead Tea Partiers.

by Anonymousreply 7810/14/2013

r78 that is the fault of republican red states, not Obamacare.

"States' rights" = unpatriotic and unamerican.

by Anonymousreply 7910/14/2013

R71, trying to scare people away from the hapless, likely hacked website?

No, I don't give any personal information on the internet aside from a credit card, and I am VERY choosey as to who gets that.

And if you think these 'glitches' are accidental then you are really naïve.

When I applied for a student loan I did give my social, address, etc, however, that is a Federal site that closes after so many minutes. It is very secure, and I made that decision. I have had no problems.

This Obama Care website is a mess, and yet a few trusting souls are submitting their personal info. This country need to teach critical more thinking courses.

And for you Smart phone owners--you're being hacked and your info is being stored.

by Anonymousreply 8010/14/2013

“We’re a couple of weeks in and people can’t sign up, people have tried 20, 30, 40 times,” WaPo's Ezra Klein said on Morning Joe, today . “It’s one thing for that to be true the first three or four days, it’s another thing for it to be true two or three weeks in.”

by Anonymousreply 8110/14/2013

"all of you seem to be ignoring the fact that millions of people who live in the states which did not expand Medicaid really are shit out of luck."

Sadly, this is all too true & I hope that people remember how they were screwed over by elected officials come the next state election day in their respective home states.

And a special "up yours" to the Roberts court for fucking the neediest last year.

by Anonymousreply 8210/14/2013

When people in Blue states can't find insurance the blame will fall on Obama.

by Anonymousreply 8310/14/2013

Well rest your pretty head, R83. The blue states have implemented their own exchanges, and it's going unreported that the state exchanges are signing up tens of thousands of newly and soon to be insured.

Mark my words: when the Feds release the numbers in November! the Pubbies will find some way to downplay the success or even spin it negatively.

by Anonymousreply 8410/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 8510/15/2013

She forgot the part about how she would actually be in medical school right now if it weren't for affirmative action.

by Anonymousreply 8610/15/2013

In many red states, the failure to expand Medicaid and to provide market exchanges is resulting in hospitals laying off staff, cutting services, and, in some cases, considering closing.

Why is it that Republicans claim to love "markets", but won't provide or even permit a market mechanism is which insurers can compete for consumers' business?

by Anonymousreply 8710/15/2013

Obamacare surely caused the Mortgage Loan crisis, and will be the end of us all.

Not global warming, or the next harvesting of refilled national pension/saving coffers by upper crust profiteering gangsters.

by Anonymousreply 8910/16/2013

I doubt it

by Anonymousreply 9010/16/2013

[quote]Since these "Red States" are such a drain, why not force them to secede and go it alone?

that is idiocy, they will become North American Somalias. get a fucking grip!

by Anonymousreply 9110/16/2013

no way would she have had insurance before the ACA with those pre-existing conditions. she's a LIAR.

by Anonymousreply 9210/16/2013

Here's what I don't understand. Now that the AHCA is about to take effect, companies that offer health coverage to employees are making their policies very unattractive. My friend's coverage is switching from 80/20 to a 60/40 plan with a deductible of $1,200, up from $300. And she would pay $300 a month as a single person, no dependents. And that's her best option. The other option was even worse but I can't remember the details. I think the deductible was $6k. And my friend is in a highly competitive industry and has always had great insurance options through her employer. My former employer (I recently left) is doing a similar switcheroo. I've heard other anecdotes about the same thing. Wtf is going on? Why are companies doing this, can anyone explain?

I wondered if they are trying to drive employees to the federal options. But the companies would have to pay huge fines, right?

by Anonymousreply 9310/16/2013

The concept of a insurance marketplace means that insurers openly compete within a set framework. The way it works for Medicare is that the competing insurance companies send out literature, hold public meetings, have recruiters in shopping malls all vying for business.

I know that this year Humana (the plan I've had the last two years) is presenting rate increases and some service cuts (the free health club memberships will be an additional $13/mo) for 2014. BUT Blue Cross, United Health Care and Coventry actually have lower rates and more services covered than they did in 2013. So a competitive marketplace works well for seniors and could work well for everyone.

But a big difference is that red states are not actively working to keep the marketplace from working. Also seniors (even assuming computer literacy) do not have to log on to some website. No, agents are actively pursuing seniors a website to buy insurance. That's the way it should be for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 9410/16/2013

Sorry for typo above. It should be: "agents are actively pursuing seniors to buy insurance..."

by Anonymousreply 9510/16/2013

This is simple.

The cunt is lying.

She is entitled to Medicaid, BUT WON'T TAKE IT. This is the cunt's choice, and she's affirmatively attempting to hurt our country by lying about it. I hope she fucking dies of her disease due to her choice to reject medical care rather than sign up for the free insurance to which the ACA entitles her.

by Anonymousreply 9610/16/2013

But entitlements are bad! Even if you or your parents worked and paid taxes all of your/their adult life. You must complain about the people using up your tax money!

by Anonymousreply 9710/16/2013

[quote]And for you Smart phone owners--you're being hacked and your info is being stored.

You know, they can listen to you through your phone. Even when it's turned off. So they know you're not taking your meds.

by Anonymousreply 9810/16/2013

[quote]"Obamacare" was created by the Heritage Foundation. Why we have embraced this bullshit is beyond me.

[quote]We needed single payer via an expansion of Medicare.

I agree, R7. This private insurance plan was a creation of the Republicans in the 1990's and by Mitt Romney in Massachusetts.

America should have free health care like the rest of the Western world, rather than this hodge-podge private insurance system.

by Anonymousreply 9910/16/2013

No country has free healthcare, believe me. The countries with universal healthcare pay for it with higher taxes. I prefer that, over ACA, personally, however, the ACA is a step in the right direction. We need to take health insurance off the backs of employers.

Through all of the republican temper tantrums over ACA/Obamacare, I never hear a word about the successful Massachusetts version that was it's prototype. Fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 10010/16/2013

It's freeper bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 10110/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 10210/16/2013

"If there was one person who actually used the site to sign up- just one!- then the administration would be flying him/her to DC for a photo op.

The website is fucked, and getting worse."

Right. Not a single person has signed up. Just ignore all the people who have.

If the website is already fucked how can it get worse?

Got anything to back up your garbage, r88? I didnt think so.

by Anonymousreply 10310/16/2013

"Raped your future"?

Any sympathy I might have cooked up for you is done, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 10410/16/2013

We never hear about the Massachusetts version. But we also do not hear about the Medicare open enrollment marketplace. We do not hear about the government health insurance marketplace in which gov. employees, including our congressmen, select from a range of offerings. We do not hear about the private marketplace concept more and more employers are offering to employees, rather than selecting one plan for all.

The Republicans are the ones who wanted the marketplace concept. It is typical that once they get what they claim they wanted, they are against it.

Also R93, I am surprised to hear of 80/20 and 60/40 plans. Those are the dinosaurs of health insurance, almost extinct. Almost all plans today are HMO or PPO with set dollar copays for doctor visits and hospital days.

by Anonymousreply 10510/16/2013

I've heard her future is an insatiable bottom.

by Anonymousreply 10610/16/2013

My family and I got a insurance quote and for a family OF 4 it was 375.00 a month and 10,000 like I going to pay that shit. When before I did not have insurance or want it. My children do. But, I HATE DOCTORS AND Dont want to go to the doctor not less I am going to die and I still would not want to go to the doctor. for real. So why should I have to pay for everyone else damn insurance. When I still will not be going to the doctor. Now I have to pay to not go to the damn doctor. When you guy pay I will be laugh my ass off. Family of 4 on pay 741.00 in Michigan assholes. She sound way more educated then you people. What your in Obama pocket. Bet you are his pay crowns or better yet him himself that wrote these comments. Everyone I talk to been SCREAMING ABOUT THIS HEATH CARE BILL. But, you guy seem like you approve of it then move with Obama to another country and ruin that one.

by Anonymousreply 10710/18/2013

R107, if you are a real person, you are terribly misinformed.

You do not understand the basics of insurance. So how can you even talk about the ACA.

Insurance in America began with hospitals, most often those run by religious orders. The purpose was to be sure that those who came for care would have the costs of care covered. Hospitals and other healthcare providers cannot exist for the long haul unless the services they provide are paid for. No one can predict when they will require treatment, and only the very wealthiest can pay out of pocket. So without insurance, healthcare in America would be limited to only the few.

by Anonymousreply 10810/19/2013

Well, as if we needed proof:

[quote]Unfortunately, someone forgot to mention to Ashley that her premiums were offset with subsidies, so she would really pay $223 per YEAR as well as receiving assistance with copayments. Oops.

And the author of the linked article goes on to show how people who are complaining and spreading lies about the ACA are doing so purely for political purposes. Color me shocked. Not.

by Anonymousreply 10910/19/2013

I don't know the circumstances of the woman in the article. Surely, there will be some people who fall through the gaps due to Obamacare. That's unfortunate. But, wasn't there even more people falling through the gaps before Obamacare. Naturally she's pissed that it's her, but unless we institute some sort of universal health coverage, there will always be healthcare "losers".

by Anonymousreply 11112/21/2013

Why not set up a "TWO TIER" system- basic health care, with a "catastrophic" rider, all government regulated-----

And a second tier of "Cadillac" plans, with ZERO government oversight.

If I want a chemo treatment the FDA bans, well, fuck them. If I get better,or sicker, it's my issue.

by Anonymousreply 11212/21/2013

Why should the government pick losers? If the government was totally removed from "SICK-CARE" then innovative doctors would come in to treat them.

Why give the government MORE power, especially since it has abused the powers it has already!

by Anonymousreply 11312/21/2013

R107, please post more. It's entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 11412/21/2013

Michigan college student: "I'm a fucking idiot, and some right-winger paid me to bitch about shit I know nothing about, and since I hate Obama, I said 'why not?'"

by Anonymousreply 11512/22/2013

It's already been established that OP was lying, misinformed, and just plan wrong on every assertion she makes about the ACA.

by Anonymousreply 11712/22/2013

R117 - OP didn't lie. All he did was quote what the woman in Michigan has been spewing.

by Anonymousreply 11812/22/2013

If it hasn't been mentioned before, this scenario is possible.

Obama had a good plan to cover the working poor by expanding Medicaid benefits.

The Supreme Court struck down that part of the ACA.

So yes,there are poor people, especially single poor people without dependents, who can't afford insurance and don't bet a subsidy.

In some red tates you have better health care if you don't work than if you work.

by Anonymousreply 11912/22/2013

Yes, but in that case, it's the Republican's fault, not ObamaCare or Obama's. Red State governors that refuse Medicaid Expansion are screwing their citizens over... not just the poor either, because premiums in those states for everyone else are typically 15% higher than those in Blue states that embraced the ACA and Medicare expansion.

Focus the blame where it belongs.

by Anonymousreply 12012/22/2013

They should opt out. Just pay the tax penalty and get themselves an accident/catastrophic policy outside the system. No logical reason should a young person pay the freight to take care of Baby Boomers. If I were 25 and never went to the Dr., no fucking WAY I would pay 200+ dollars plus a $5K deductible just to subsidize Aunt Sally - no fucking way in hell.

by Anonymousreply 12112/22/2013

R120 - Medicaid is the issue not Medicare.

Out of curiosity where would you focus the blame?

On states that won't expand Medicaid?

Or on a President who is either ignoring the problem or too politically impotent to solve the problem?

by Anonymousreply 12212/22/2013

On the states that didn't expand Medicaid. Duh.

And yeah, the Medicare was a typo... I was thinking Medicaid and typed Medicare. Sorry about that.

And calling Obama "impotent" when he's facing the most fierce, unprecedented obstructionism, dishonestly deceptive opposition EVER, is kind of laughable. Blaming the victim there, I think.

Red State Kentucky embraced the ACA because the governor isn't suffering a severe case of Obama Derangement Syndrome, and is having great success there.

The lack of success is due entirely to Republicans, who instead of trying to fix it or make it work, are expending all their time and effort and money actively working to SABOTAGE it. So yeah... the blame is on Republicans. Squarely and accurately.

Not Obama.

by Anonymousreply 12312/22/2013

R123 - You do realize that it is "the most fierce, unprecedented obstructionism, dishonestly deceptive opposition EVER," that is making Obama politically impotent.

If he isn't politically impotent then why isn't he fixing the problem?

by Anonymousreply 12612/22/2013

He OWNS the fucking Senate - he's no slave to Congress. Give me a fucking break. If he ever compromised in the LEAST, he would be a great President. His ARROGANCE is his downfall. The House is the people's house - they are all freely elected representatives. This means, duh, that the PEOPLE want them there, like it or fucking not. He needs to recognize that, and try to work with THE PEOPLE. But no. He refuses to. We, the people, are idiots in his mind. HE knows better. His administration has been the most stubborn, secretive, bull-headed, narcissistic, and trifling administration I have ever witnessed. No wonder nothing ever gets done. Stop giving him a constant pass because he is the "poor black man that all the racist Republicans are against". That is horseshit. Pure and simple, unadulterated horseshit. Excuses, excuses, excuses. Here we are some 5 years after his inauguration and I'm STILL hearing "but Bush left a mess"... Are you fucking serious? BUSH? Come on people, time to make this man step up and BE the President that he can and should BE.

by Anonymousreply 12712/22/2013

How Margaret Mitchell.

by Anonymousreply 12812/22/2013

I can't wait for R121 to get cancer.

by Anonymousreply 12912/22/2013

R127 clearly can't get beyond his own prejudices to see the situation.

by Anonymousreply 13012/22/2013

R125 = right wing troll who is beyond misinformed, parroting FOX News talking points. What a fucking ignorant idiot.

by Anonymousreply 13112/22/2013

[quote]He OWNS the fucking Senate

...On what planet? Do you pay attention at all? Does "unprecedented number of filibusters' mean anything to you, moron?

Why are right-wing tools & Obama-bashers always so goddamned ignorant and misinformed?

by Anonymousreply 13212/22/2013

[quote] If he ever compromised in the LEAST, he would be a great President

Um. He's compromised so much it's not even funny. Again, what fucking planet are you living on?

And you're aware that the GOP kept the house last election only due to Gerrymandering, right? That Democrats in the House got over a million more votes than Republicans, right?

He has bent over backwards to work with the House, with the Senate, with Republicans... and they've done nothing but fuck him over. They've obstructed, negotiated in bad faith, are constantly moving the goal-posts, and basically behaving like petulant children whose only goal is to make Obama look bad at any cost, even sending the country into default.

The only "horseshit" around here is, well, every single thing in your post. You're beyond delusional and brainwashed. You're a fucking ignorant, misinformed troll.

by Anonymousreply 13312/22/2013

Just die, R121/125/127.

by Anonymousreply 13412/22/2013

R124 330M American do not have to use or sign up for Obamacare. People who have insurance through work, seniors on Medicare etc.

According to the United States Census Bureau, in 2009 there were 48.6 million people in the US (15.7% of the population) who were without health insurance.

Thowing your bullshit numbers out there don't make them true.

by Anonymousreply 13512/22/2013

By the way, this girl admits on tumblr that the $75 a month rate was only temporary. And that she was refusing medicaid.

She also reveals that her mother got drunk and said that she hoped Ashley would die.

She notes that 32 of her new facebook friends liked Kirk Cameron and wonders if they would like her if they knew her (presumably because she is a lesbian).

Very weird girl.

by Anonymousreply 13712/22/2013

" If he ever compromised in the LEAST, he would be a great President."

Anyone who says this has absolutely no understanding of reality.

by Anonymousreply 13812/22/2013

Lots of liars on this thread. If you are seriously looking for information about the ACA, do not trust what the liars and naysayers here are saying. The discussion is polluted by people making baseless claims and flat out lies, starting with OP, who posted someone else's lies, as if that absolves him of spreading disinformation (satisfied, R118?); to the loser who lies that 90% of young people are opting out of the ACA, that's you, R124.

These people so energetic, so persistent, and so imaginative in their disinformation, that I have to think that they are indeed paid shills for some reactionary organization, or corporation with a financial stake intent on making the ACA fail. Don't let the liars swindle you!

by Anonymousreply 13912/22/2013

Notice "Ashley's" specific age.

by Anonymousreply 14012/22/2013

"pushed it down our throats" "no one wanted it" yet you say the congress is the people's will? You are aware ACA passed the senate and the congress right? Obama didn't magically make it a law.

Young people are taking the cheap route because they are young people. If you asked any of them if they invest in a 401k they will say "what is a 401K?"

by Anonymousreply 14112/22/2013

It's really rich when a young people complains about "subsidizing" baby boomers via the ACA. Firstly, it's another lie, that like any good lie, vaguely has the ring of truth to it. But aside from that, baby boomers have been subsidizing those complaining ingrates since their first breath. Hey young adult, how about paying back the cost of your public education, just for starters? And, R121, the logical reason a young person should sign-up for the ACA is to provide themselves with insurance against a health and financial disaster that could destroy their future. Plus it's the responsible thing for a young adult to finally stop being a financial drain on boomers and other responsible adults.

by Anonymousreply 14212/22/2013

[quote]Why is it he has no issue with okaying budgets and laws that fuck over the working class and the poor?

The only one fucking over the working class and the poor are the Republicans.

You really need to get a grip on reality, dude.

You realize that the "mandate" was a REPUBLICAN/Conservative idea, right? That Obama campaigned against it in the primaries before he was elected?

You're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 14312/22/2013

Face it, R145, you're wrong and you're a troll. How much does the GOP pay you? Because you're parroting their bullshit talking points.

And you clearly have no clue about what Republicans wanted or why we said the Republicans MUST NOT WIN. They didn't win. And that's the important thing.

by Anonymousreply 14612/22/2013

the point r21 makes is the central point. This dumb asses who think their financial future is in jeopardy because people will be able to afford health insurance have deep, sore cognitive limitations.

The "lets remove the pesky middle class" republicans with their wars and tax breaks and corporate welfare have made this douchebags life much more complicated than affordable health insurance.

2 degrees and does not know how to think.

They are being manipulated emotionally by the people whose approval they seek and as a result it is impossible to penetrate their thinking with any kind of logic.

by Anonymousreply 14712/22/2013

R144 & R145 is one of the liars to beware of. Trust nothing he/she/it says.

by Anonymousreply 14812/22/2013

ALL health insurance works that way, not just ACA

by Anonymousreply 15012/22/2013

And R149's link is yet another Koch-funded clusterfuck

by Anonymousreply 15112/22/2013

R149, young people aren't young forever. They get

How many young people crash their card?

Telling them to opt out of health insurance to save themselves some money is bad advice. It indicates to me that you do not really care about their well-being.

Why don't you go without health insurance and tell us how it goes?

ACA saved my roommate's LIFE. True story. You will never convince me ACA is a bad law, nor my roommate...and now hundreds of thousands of other people.

Having health insurance is a God-send to my household. It turned our lives around...I am buying an American flag and hanging it on my house. I'm finally proud to be an American. I've always liked it, but now I'm proud.

by Anonymousreply 15212/22/2013

Cars not card.

by Anonymousreply 15312/22/2013

With all her "pre-existing conditions", how is it even possible she could buy insurance at all, let alone a plan costing only $75 a month WITHOUT Obamacare!?

This story rings false from word one. Next.

by Anonymousreply 15412/22/2013

It does not really matter where you get your insurance. However, can you get the subsidies if you do not buy through the state or federal site?

Also, you might investigate insurance as it stood before ACA. Like a lot of people here, you do not really understand how insurance worked. Features of insurance that have been in place for a long time are being presented as if they are unique to ACA.

Insurance is built on shared risk. So yes, the healthy help pay for the sick. That is how EVERY kind of insurance works. If only the sick shared risk, the prices would be astronomical!

by Anonymousreply 15512/22/2013

It's common knowledge that conservatives worked to sabotage the rollout, R156... and if you didn't know that Republicans were in charge of design and roll-out, then you're just ignorant. There was plenty of news on the backgrounds of some of the contractors who worked on the site.

You're an idiot... a willfully ignorant tool.

by Anonymousreply 15712/22/2013

As was said above, Ashley admitted that the $75 rate was temporary. See link.

by Anonymousreply 15812/22/2013

I get the idea there isn't a real Ashley and this was written by some right wing sockpuppet.

by Anonymousreply 15912/22/2013

What's so amusing, is that the feature of the ACA Rethugs are shrieking the loudest about is the part where it requires people to be insured...basically, the "personal responsibility" part!

by Anonymousreply 16012/22/2013

R160, it was also THEIR IDEA. The "Mandate" was first promoted by the conservative Heritage Foundation.

by Anonymousreply 16112/22/2013

Really, r163/r162 et al ? You're a silly fool.

by Anonymousreply 16412/22/2013

Lots of liars on this thread. If you are seriously looking for information about the ACA, do not trust what the liars and naysayers here are saying. The discussion is polluted by people making baseless claims and flat out lies, like R162/R163. He's not going to be there for you if you get sick. You should always have good health insurance, and the ACA is a good and affordable way for most people to get it.

by Anonymousreply 16512/22/2013

Obamacare is her to stay. Only a fool would let the naysayers and liars like R166 convince you to not get heath insurance ... Death Panels! ... Death Spiral! ... Freedom! ... Benghazi! ... or something!

Everyone needs heath insurance, and the ACA is the best way for most people to get the most affordable insurance possible. That's what it was created for!

by Anonymousreply 16712/23/2013

R168, stop trolling. Anyone with a brain knows that the ACA isn't going to be repealed.

by Anonymousreply 16912/24/2013

Republicans don't want poor people to have adequate healthcare.

They'd rather go to war with Iran.

In truth, a massive number of impoverished, hopeless and desperate citizens is very dangerous to our national security. They profit from a militarized state...with private prisons. So it's all good...

by Anonymousreply 17012/24/2013

The American public has to revolt against this. No one can make you buy health insurance!

There are people who live their whole lives and never have to go to the doctor. I myself haven't been to one in years.

Sold as some kind of benefit to the public, it's actually a tax in disguise.

Obama is a vile Dempublican. This is the only thing he's concerned himself with since taking office.

by Anonymousreply 17112/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!