Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What is Janean Garofalo doing these days?

Is she still fat and drunk? Last I saw, she had had a chemical peel on her crater face and she was wearing professional make-up. Her hair looked clean and she looked good.

by Anonymousreply 2910/13/2013

She was skinny when she was on The West Wing.

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2013

She's been really busy adding an 'e' to end of her first name.

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2013

My guess is she's getting some new ink on her seven remaining square inches of bare skin.

by Anonymousreply 310/13/2013

Per IMDB she's got some movies coming out that don't sound too terrible.

by Anonymousreply 410/13/2013

She's most certainly doing better than you are, op.

by Anonymousreply 510/13/2013

Really, OP. You're an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 610/13/2013

Haven't liked her ever since she attacked Fiona Apple because she was jealous Fiona was younger & skinnier than she was:

Mocking Fiona: "Even though I have an eating disorder and I have somehow sold out to the patriarchy in this culture that says that lean is better. Even though I have done that, and have done a video wherein I wear underwear so that you young girls out there can covet, and feel bad about what you have and how thin you're not. The point is, I have done it, I am lean. That's why I did succeed sooner than maybe other musicians that maybe were better songwriters....I don't know...better lyricists...better vocalists...I can't say that. But I do know this: This world is bullsh-...did I say this world is bullshit? 'Cause it is. And my boyfriend can make you disappear. He can pull something out of your ear and say things like, "We have not met before, have we?" Go with yourself."

To begin with, after I click off the tape recorder, Apple is composed: "She is absolutely right, about the video and what it says to girls, but she's looking at my message at the beginning, and she's not waiting for the end. Because..."

It's then she cracks. Big tears dollop down her face. I feel awful, fetch tissues. She begins talking some more. "Since that video was made, I've gained about 20 pounds on purpose..." -- Fiona says she is currently 110 pounds, and has varied between 95 and 125 pounds -- "so that people can see me like that. I know what I'm doing. Bitch. I'm going to get bigger and bigger, and the girls are going to see that I don't care and that I feel better like that. Of course I have an eating disorder. Every girl in fucking America has an eating disorder. Janeane Garofalo has an eating disorder and that's why she's upset. Every girl has an eating disorder because of videos like that. Exactly. Yes. But that's exactly what the video is about. When I say, 'I've been a bad bad girl, I've been careless with a delicate man' -- well, in a way I've been careless with a delicate audience, and I've gotten success that way, and I've lived in my ego that way, and I feel bad about it. And that's what the song's about, and therefore, that's what the video looks like."

by Anonymousreply 710/13/2013

Been busy looking for new carpet

by Anonymousreply 810/13/2013

Wasn't she involved with Henry Rollins for a couple of years? That seems to have dissolved.

by Anonymousreply 910/13/2013

she dated henry rollins? i thought he was gay?

She was in love with ben stiller for ages but broke up. I think they were best friends and then they began a relationship and it didn't work or something like that.

She's gotta be 4"11, really short. must even be shorter now in her advanced age.

by Anonymousreply 1010/13/2013

What would make you ever think Rollins is gay? I hope it's not just because he stands up for gay people.

by Anonymousreply 1110/13/2013

Rollins is gay, r11. Accept it and move on. I was never a big fan of hers but it should be noted: Garofalo was pilloried by the right wing for speaking out against Bush and the war. Her career never recovered from that.

by Anonymousreply 1210/13/2013

She did a pretty interesting interview around the time she did a play Off-Broadway last year.

by Anonymousreply 1310/13/2013

"If I was gay, there would be no closet, you would never see the closet I came out of. Why? I would have burned it for kindling by the time I was 12. Because I know with all certainty in my mind, there is nothing wrong with being gay, and you know it.

You always know the mark of a coward. A coward hides behind freedom. A brave person stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

Don't hide behind the Constitution or the Bible. If you're against gay marriage, just be honest, put a scarlet 'H' on your shirt, and say, 'I am a homophobe!' "

~~~Henry Rollins

by Anonymousreply 1410/13/2013

Henry Rollins | News | Pictures | Video | Movies | Festivals | Tickets Rollins: 'Stop Questioning My Sexuality' by WENN | 20 July 2005

"Punk icon HENRY ROLLINS is furious when his sexuality is questioned - because he's never met anyone as blatantly "un-gay" as himself.

The former BLACK FLAG frontman is constantly being interviewed by homosexual magazines and is weary of denying rumours he's gay because he believes his tough appearance and heterosexual lovelife speaks for itself.

He complains, "I get interviewed by gay magazines at least six times a year and the first question is always, 'Are you gay?'. No. 'Are you sure?'. Yes.

"I ask why there's such a desire for me to be gay and they say, 'Because your hair's short, you're in shape, you're hot and you're smart.'

"In America it's a put down, like, 'Oh he's such a f**king fairy'. So here I am with the tattoos and a thick neck, talking s**t. God, if you only saw how un-gay I am. I've never had a homosexual experience - and I could have had all the ones I wanted."

by Anonymousreply 1510/13/2013

Interesting article about Henry here, and interesting comments.

by Anonymousreply 1610/13/2013

Janeane Garofalo was offered the role of Monica on [italic]Friends[/italics]. The producers re-wrote Monica to be less sarcastic and more neurotic for Courtney Cox.

by Anonymousreply 1710/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 1810/13/2013

Who is that right-wing harpy, r16?

by Anonymousreply 1910/13/2013

After almost 50 years has she learned that water can be used to wash both her body and her clothes?

by Anonymousreply 2010/13/2013

I'm gonna say about 6 years ago I saw her do a special guest bit in a fake interview show at Upright Citizens in NYC. She was extremely small and thin and one of the regulars tossed her onto the sofa like a house cat. She was really amped up, sort of incoherent and not funny at all. And the place smelled like dirty socks and skunked beer.

by Anonymousreply 2110/13/2013

Who cares what that smelly cunt is doing.

by Anonymousreply 2210/13/2013

Your comment, R22, speaks more about you than anything else. Ugh, some of you must be truly miserable people.

by Anonymousreply 2310/13/2013

Friends would have been very different with JG.

by Anonymousreply 2410/13/2013

Yeah, R22 WTF is your problem? Go outside and make some friends!

by Anonymousreply 2510/13/2013

Yeah, it would have been funnier. Phoebe was the only funny female character.

by Anonymousreply 2610/13/2013

How can she be straight? If you look up lesbian in the dictionary, her pic should be right there.

by Anonymousreply 2710/13/2013

She looks les but is straight. She did date Ben Stiller and Henry Rollins, separately. And was with both of them for years, in different relationships.

by Anonymousreply 2810/13/2013

No, she is angry straight girl with tattoos. It is a type. She was one of the first.

by Anonymousreply 2910/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!