Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ann-Margret Now - the Posing

I saw Ann arriving at a function the other night. I've always loved her. A classy dame. But there she was with her bright red hair, covering almost her enire face, and a few extra pounds. She started posing for the photogs, swinging aound, making pouty expressions, fake smiles - she reminded me, sadly, more of Paz de la Huerta, than an icon. Why does a woman of 72 -about 50 years past sex kitten age, do this ? Even Raquel (who's a year older), stands there with some dignity.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 7210/14/2013

I'd like to see the pics. Maybe she was just making light of the whole sex kitten(with a whip)thing?

by I blame Allan Carrreply 110/12/2013

Maybe she was drunk ? I've heard Ann likes her liquor. Is her husband still alive ? He was adult 'Patrick' in DL favorite "Auntie Mame".

by I blame Allan Carrreply 210/12/2013

I think it might be this event. There's a pic of Ann-Margret posing with some bed head hair. I think she looks good actually. Monique Van Hooren, on the other hand is terrifying. I'd never heard of her until now. Her pictures are below Ann-Margret

by I blame Allan Carrreply 310/12/2013

Actually, there are a lot of Ann at the link above, after seeing Monique I didn't scroll down and realise there was so many of Ann. In full on pouty posing mode.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 410/12/2013

1) she looks drunk, 2) the dress looks cheap, 3) opera length gloves need to make a come back.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 510/12/2013

Roger Smith, who is almost 81, is her husband and he is in that pack of pictures too. I remember reading a long time ago that he was suffering from the disease that afflicted Aristotle Onassis, Myasthenia Gravis. MG is an autoimmune neuromuscular disease. Roger's disease went into remission back in '85.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 610/12/2013

That sex kitten thing is what she's done forever and all she knows how to do. It's bizarre behavior for a woman in her 70s. I wish she'd cut her bangs, really looks strange on an elderly woman. Overall, plastic surgery has done no favors for any of those people on that page, especially Van Hooren, who looks like a botched job on her eyes and those unhuman lips. Yeesh.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 710/12/2013

She looks good and seems to be having a little fun. Good for her! And she hasn't gone for the blown up cheeks or trout pout like so many others have.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 810/12/2013

Lots of hair in your face covers up the wrinkles.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 910/12/2013

To be fair, Van Horren is 86 years old.

Ann just needs to dry out a little. Different dress, lose the nylons and orthotic shoes, and a barrette or two - and she would look fine.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 1010/12/2013

Is that the current Miss Gay USA Ann is standing beside?

by I blame Allan Carrreply 1110/12/2013

Tou have to see the video - This was the first I've seen the stills. It's the video that tells the story. And yes, R3, that was the event. Thanks for posting that.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 1210/12/2013

I think her face looks fine - but I could have done without seeing that fat leg.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 1310/12/2013

Christ, I thought her husband died years ago? A-M really does need to find herself a good gay stylist/dresser. Didn't she even look in a mirror before she went out the door? Her face isn't THAT bad, but why call attention to it with that thicket of hair?

by I blame Allan Carrreply 1410/12/2013

It's important for many celebrities to "die with their boots on." If she can pose at 100, why not?

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

by I blame Allan Carrreply 1510/12/2013

She has a role in the forthcoming film version of Six Dance Lessons in Six Weeks, which stars DL fave Cheyenne Jackson.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 1610/12/2013

Ann-Margret and Goldie Hawn subscribe to the same theory on hairstyling. Keep your face covered with as much hair as possible so they won't see the wrinkles.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 1710/12/2013

Eddie Fisher included a great anecdote in his autobiography . . . he was in his dressing room in Las Vegas when Edie Adams walked in and saw Ann-Margret on her knees sucking Eddie's beer can cock. Some doubted the veracity of the story when the book came out, but Edie confirmed it.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 1810/12/2013

Her face never recovered from that accident, although she's had a lot of work done on top of the reconstruction over the years.

But remember that she has an IQ of about 60 before trying to make sense of her behavior. She's always been very dumb, and understanding her location and what discretion calls for have always been two difficult concepts for her.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 1910/12/2013

I've had a thing for Roger (and Efrem Z. Jr.) ever since TVLand showed "77 Sunset Strip" several years ago. I wouldn't have recognized him if the photos in the link weren't labelled.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 2010/12/2013

Ann doesn't have many extra pounds.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 2110/12/2013

Didn't she get stuck in the elevator right before this photo op? I know I wouldn't look very good if I'd just come off a stuck elevator.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 2210/12/2013

Give A-M a break! She looks great for her age. And, from the pics she's posing perfectly appropriately, not the Baby Jane grotesque suggested by OP. She is Hollywood's most private citizen and this sort of event is sheer torture for her, Very happy to be on stage but not so secure in public. A waiter at an A list restaurant in H-Wood told me once that an A-M sighting was even rarer than a Garbo one had been back in the day. He said he'd waited a table of celebs once who had gasped when A-M walked in with her husband as it was so rare to see her out and about. As for the hair, yes it disguises the wrinkles but it's also for her to hide behind. Her hairdresser for years ,George Masters, said that she was a complete sweetheart and the most naturally beautiful and sexy of all his clients and he had worked with 'em all! (He did the makeup for Marilyn Monroe's famous Bert Stern last sitting in 62. Not a great make-up job though, on some of the shots that MM crossed out but were published anyway the eyeliner was crooked over one eye!

by I blame Allan Carrreply 2310/12/2013

R22 was right, she'd been stuck in the elevator right before

Flame-haired vixen Ann-Margret had a dramatic behind-the-scenes moment at the Career Transition for Dancers’ 28th Anniversary Jubilee before accepting an award from Liza Minnelli.

A spy said, “Ann — in a dress with a slit as high as the law would allow — got stuck in the elevator for about 10 minutes” at New York City Center.

Luckily, she had some entertainment — “There were four chorus boys with her in the elevator, and they all started singing, ‘There’s No Business Like Show Business.’ ”

Also stuck was gala co-chair Michele Riggi. Onstage, Liza told Ann-Margret: “Can you believe we’re both still alive?” And, “I remember seeing her in a movie with Elvis Presley, and for the first time I was not looking at Elvis the entire time. I was looking at her!”

by I blame Allan Carrreply 2410/12/2013

Has Monique Van Vooren had a stoke? Her eyes don't line up, and the right eye looks like it has trouble opening.

Love Ann-Margret, but that outfit is unfortunate.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 2510/12/2013

Her face doesn't look too bad--the hair is too much and the dress is bad, but I still think she looks good overall. Monique Van Vooren needs a role on American Horror Story!

What the hell is an Orfeh? Am I supposed to know who that person is?

by I blame Allan Carrreply 2610/12/2013

Never mind, I looked her up.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 2710/12/2013

Ann-Margret went to Northwestern. She does NOT have an IQ of 60!

by I blame Allan Carrreply 2810/12/2013

She can pose all she wants.

She's ANN fucking MARGRET.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 2910/12/2013

I think she looks great and has had great work done. OTOH, Monique Van Vooren looks like an octogenarian Amanda Lepore.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 3010/12/2013

She is...THE VIVACIOUS ONE! Always have loved her, always will. She looks like she's having fun.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 3110/12/2013

Ann Margrock.

Now, always, and forever.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 3210/12/2013

I guess she liked beer can sized cocks, because she was also allegedly going down on the beer can sized cock of Bobby Rydell while they were shooting "Bye Bye Birdie."

I used to watch Dick Cavett during his talk show nights and one show was devoted to the new A-M and Joe Namath classic film about motorcycle riders, "C.C. and Company."

They showed a small teaser clip from the movie that highlighted several scenes and when they cut back to the panel sitting in their chairs, Dick made a small joke about now he wouldn't have to go to see the movie because he just saw most of it. A-M was sitting next to him and got pissed because she thought he was dissing the film. Dick had to try to calm her down by saying it was just a little joke, but you could see that she was upset for the rest of the show. Poor little Dickie.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 3310/12/2013

Am I the only one thinking as I saw the pix "Grandma put your dress down, you're embarrassing me"?

by I blame Allan Carrreply 3410/12/2013

I'm sorry but I gasped when I saw this Monique Van Vooren (I never heard of her). She doesn't even look human.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 3510/12/2013

I seem to remember Lucille Ball wearing a gown that displayed a lot of leg in her last public appearance, the 1989 Oscars. And she looked like an old woman. Did anybody diss her for that?

Ann-Margret looked like she was poking fun at her "sex kitten" image.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 3610/12/2013

Poor dear is obviously in her cups

by I blame Allan Carrreply 3710/12/2013

R28. AND she competed in the Ralph Dennis Sonnet Reading Contest!

by I blame Allan Carrreply 3810/12/2013

When A-M met Roger Smith, she was dating actor Peter Brown, who was the focus of a nude pictorial in Viva Magazine in the 1970's.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 3910/13/2013

She looks cute and she looks like she's having fun. Old folks don't have the sharpest eyesight, she should cut the sheep dog fringe.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 4010/13/2013

Disgusting. Those flabby legs obviously have edema - must be her liver disease acting up. I saw another photo on another site where her and Roger's nurse was visible. Apparently they finally hustled her off after her bizarre "posing" routine, and there was a small puddle on the floor where she had been whipping around.

It's very sad. Almost as bad as Liz towards the end. Or Liza any time in the last 40 years.

And, no, R36. Of COURSE no one ever said anything derogatory about Lucille Ball's appearance towards the end of her life. (Rolling eyes.)

by I blame Allan Carrreply 4110/13/2013

Her face looks ok, but why is her hair almost completely covering it. So strange

by I blame Allan Carrreply 4210/13/2013

R18, didn't many people say Eddie Fisher's book was questionable and he wrote it to dis his ex-wives and others in Hollywood? I'm just asking because I'm curious that's all.

So, are some people on this thread claim Ann Margret was never faithful to her husband? If that is true, how did they stay married for 46 years? Do they have an open marriage?

Hey, IF you have great legs, show them off and have a blast. I'm not saying women who are older wear mini skirts, I'm saying like a slit on the side of a dress or the hemline that is little bit above their knees I think, it is acceptable. Lucille Ball had amazing legs till the day she died in her 80s. Agree with R36, she looked great at the Academy Awards.On the other hand, I think Ann-Margret has chubby legs and they don't look that great.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 4310/13/2013

I think she looks pretty good for her age. I can see 75 year old guys still jerking off to her.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 4410/13/2013

"[R18], didn't many people say Eddie Fisher's book was questionable and he wrote it to dis his ex-wives and others in Hollywood? I'm just asking because I'm curious that's all."

At Carrie's insistence, Eddie removed passages questioning Debbie Reynold's sexuality, but the book was still pretty harsh on Debbie, Liz and others.

After it was published, Carrie stated that she was going to have her DNA fumigated.

Still, Edie Adams was asked to confirm or deny the A-M anecdote, and she confirmed it.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 4510/13/2013

[quote]with her bright red hair, covering almost her entire face

I was going to make a Cousin Itt joke, but then I looked at the pictures and ... that seems to be the look she's going for.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 4610/13/2013

I just scrolled down.

Sweet Jesus, that Van Vooren woman ...

by I blame Allan Carrreply 4710/13/2013

The Peter Brown pictorial was from Oui, not Viva. Sorry but that was when I was a very young gayboy and I remember jerking off to that and often.

AM tried to do some Vegas shows a few years back and could only get the off-Strip and lowbrown Orleans to book her. They were disasterous as she can't even fake singing anymore. You can forget about the motorcycle riding.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 4810/13/2013

R18, what year was that A-M/Fisher incident?

by I blame Allan Carrreply 4910/13/2013

Raquel posed the same way recently, she just looked better doing it.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 5010/13/2013

"[R18], what year was that A-M/Fisher incident?"

They dated 1962-1963.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 5110/13/2013

Her legs and ankles look very swollen. The hair is bizarre, too.

That Van Vooren person looks terrifying. Her lipstick doesn't even contour to her "lips," and her eyes look like they can't fully open/close.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 5210/13/2013

[quote] Her lipstick doesn't even contour to her "lips"

Hilarious!

by I blame Allan Carrreply 5310/13/2013

The lip/lipstick thing reminded me of Pete Burns, whose bad plastic surgery resulted in his lips going septic and nearly needing to be amputated (eek).

I wonder if something like that happened here. She has things that vaguely look like lips, but .......

by I blame Allan Carrreply 5410/13/2013

Van Vooren as a sex kitten ... 50 years ago.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 5510/13/2013

What's going on with Van Vooren's right eye? It won't open. That is a real life NORA DESMOND!

by I blame Allan Carrreply 5610/13/2013

Look how much better Streisand has aged than all of the sex kittens of her era. Her body is even better now than Raquel Welch's. Barbra looks like she's in her early 40s.

Barbra flies in the top beauty experts from Switzerland to work on her. They slather her in the most technologically-advanced creams and lotions known to man. The results are truly stunning.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 5710/13/2013

[quote]Is that the current Miss Gay USA Ann is standing beside?

Judging from her utter lack of curves, I'd say Miss Gay America.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 5810/13/2013

R57, the difference IMHO is between people who were naturally beautiful when they were younger, and people who had to work at it. Naturally beautiful men and women take it especially hard when they age, and so they overcompensate like A-M and Van Vooren. Babs was always average to somewhat homely, so aging might not have been as difficult for her. Btw, Babs has had tons of work done.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 5910/13/2013

[quote]Babs has had tons of work done.

Are you sure? I've been reading for years that she's wanted to get work done but she's terrified of surgery, so she uses tape and what not to simulate a facelift.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 6010/13/2013

Here's a pic of Babs coming out of a clinic after getting some face work.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 6110/13/2013

Barbra grows all of her own vegetables at her Malibu compound, like Michelle Obama, so she eats very healthy. She also rarely drinks alcohol, which is a major ager. And she goes to very exclusive spas in Switzerland and France that have beauty treatments not found anywhere else.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 6210/13/2013

Why would she spend all that money on her face and ignore her hands? You can get peels of your hands, use laser and get fat injections. Plus you can use plain old prescriptive fade cream (hydroquinone 4%).

by I blame Allan Carrreply 6310/13/2013

Van Vooren and the delicious Joe Dallesandro, back before old age hit them hard:

by I blame Allan Carrreply 6410/13/2013

r55 that pic of Van Vooren when she was young is amazing. She was gorgeous!

by I blame Allan Carrreply 6510/13/2013

Oops, I was talking about Ann Margaret.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 6610/13/2013

Ann Margaret was THE it girl back in her day. Watch her in ByeBye Birdie..when you see Nicole Kidman in Moulan Rouge..you're seeing Ann Margaret. Ann Margaret knows she's an old broad but she's having fun and enjoying the adoration for a moment. This catty attitude is why beautiful screen goddesses of the past chose to live alone in obscurity when they got older. It was too painful to hear your judgemental bitchiness.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 6710/13/2013

I could sing and dance better than Ann!

by I blame Allan Carrreply 6810/13/2013

Ann Margaret was so hot back in the day she made Elvis look average.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 6910/13/2013

Lizardy Streisand has NEVER had any body part near Raquel's hotness level. Gawd, some of you queens are utterly delusional.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 7010/13/2013

If you look beyond the layers of sequined black chiffon in the first Steisand photo, you won't see a single curve, just a lumpy 70 year old body.

And unlike Raquel's tacky gown, Streisand's dress shows no cleavage, where wrinkles are often most evident.

Streisand also knows to pose with her hands in an "up" position, lessening blood-rushing veinage.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 7110/14/2013

Only on a gay message board would someone say Barbra looks better than Raquel.

Dame Edna: There's a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills who can make women look like celebrities. They can make you look like Barbra Streisand, but there's not a big demand for her.

by I blame Allan Carrreply 7210/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.