by Anonymousreply 4910/14/2013

Matt Bomer

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2013

Strawberries and pears are A-list.

Chocolate covered strawberries.

Strawberries and champagne.

Poached pears.

Apples are solid B-List.

Oranges are the equivalent of A and B listers reduced to doing infomercials.

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2013

oranges, apples and bananas are low class

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2013

Apples B-list? Bullshit. Apples are the Brad Pitt of fruits.

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2013

I saw a banana on the step and repeat outside the annual Posche fashion show this year.

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2013

*Honeycrisp* apples are A-List.

All other (non-heirloom/non-heritage) apples are C-List as are Anjou and Bartlett pears. Bosc pears are B-List.

Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, pineapple and mangoes, A-List.

Bananas are D-List.

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2013

What about kiwis?

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2013

Kiwis used to be A-List many years ago but now they are B- or C.

Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2013

Oh lovely, OP. This is a gold star day.

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2013

You guys don't understand ANYTHING.

Apples are common, cheap, and disappointing. They're cut into slices and fed to children. NOT A-list.

A-list fruits: raspberries, mangos, peaches, rainier cherries.

by Anonymousreply 1010/12/2013

Peaches. Nectarines even better!

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2013

Acai berrys are A-list, I've recommended them to all my friends.

by Anonymousreply 1210/12/2013

Cherries, cherries, cherries.

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2013

Bananas in Hawaii are absolutely A-list, as they are allowed to ripen on the tree, but, then, all fruit is best that way.

by Anonymousreply 1410/12/2013

A-List: Nectarines. Pineapples. Comice pears(they don't call 'em honeyballs for nuthin') Honeycrisp apples(and damn the price) Raspberries. Blackberries(if cooked) WHITE grapefruit(try finding them though) Medjool dates. Homegrown figs.

by Anonymousreply 1510/12/2013

[quote]Apples are common, cheap, and disappointing.

Are you suggesting that Meryl is not A-list?

by Anonymousreply 1610/12/2013

RAZZZZBERRIES!

by Anonymousreply 1710/12/2013

A-list means most in demand, not most rare and expensive.

by Anonymousreply 1810/12/2013

According to Equinox Gym, bananas are a great pre and post work-out food. Bananas are actually packed with a lot of good nutrition. Too ripe is not good for diabetics, too green can be binding. You need a banana that is just right.

by Anonymousreply 1910/12/2013

Incorrect R18, A-List means most glamorous, special, unattainable.

by Anonymousreply 2010/12/2013

Nectarines are NOT A-List. B- at best, usually C.

by Anonymousreply 2110/12/2013

Mangosteen, rambutan and durian are A list because they are so exotic and mysterious. Apples are D list, no matter the variety.

by Anonymousreply 2210/12/2013

Bai Ling is exotic and mysterious, R22. Does that make her A-list?

by Anonymousreply 2310/12/2013

You can't buy a fresh mangosteen at the Walmart in Peoria, so to me it's an aspirational fruit and definitely A list.

by Anonymousreply 2410/12/2013

Pacific Rose apples are A-list.

by Anonymousreply 2510/12/2013

Raspberries are the best of all, especially on cereal. There is no waste and they require zero preparation (just rinse well under cold water). Downside is that they spoil quiuckly, so you have to eat them quick.

by Anonymousreply 2610/12/2013

Puh leese. Mangosteen, rambutan, and durian all sound like sleeping pills. Or East Asian countries. Or African languages. Kiwi: blech. Ugli: uggg. Gimme the fruits with recognizable names, please.

by Anonymousreply 2710/12/2013

Goji berry - the superfood.

Cherimoya, which tastes like three different fruits all in one (really) and only available in the contiguous states for 1 month a year.

Small berries such as huckleberries, but any berry that is seasonal, in short supply, and expensive.

Alternatively, blueberry, the workhorse of the A-listers. Common, but extremely popular and touted for antioxidant content.

Passionfruit, which knocks your socks off and is expensive to produce in quantity.

by Anonymousreply 2810/12/2013

Clementines are a solid B. Plums are sometimes B and sometimes B-.

by Anonymousreply 2910/12/2013

Fresh peaches picked straight from the tree and eaten right there in the orchard on a hot summer afternoon is my definition of bliss. A-list for them.

Any fruit picked ripe and eaten on the spot can be considered A list in my book.

by Anonymousreply 3010/12/2013

What about kumquats?

by Anonymousreply 3110/12/2013

The best peaches are truly sensational. But good peaches are hard to get in, say, NYC, and I've spent a lot of money and had peaches that were always hard and tasteless.

by Anonymousreply 3210/12/2013

GOOD nectarines are A list. But it's hard to find good ones.

by Anonymousreply 3310/12/2013

The only thing peaches are good for is making chutney.

by Anonymousreply 3410/12/2013

Peaches have a very narrow window - like, a day - in which they achieve greatness. They're usually too hard and tasteless or too ripe with a gross mushy texture. I hate raspberries and blackberries, too. They have tiny seeds that crunch, they are hairy and I don't understand the appeal. Ripe cherries, on the other hand, are A-list. Especially golden cherries from Washington State.

by Anonymousreply 3510/12/2013

Jim Parsons

by Anonymousreply 3610/12/2013

Coconut and durian

by Anonymousreply 3710/12/2013

Figs and mayhaw berries are A list.

by Anonymousreply 3810/13/2013

Mangoes, Pineapples, Passion fruits and Persimmons are my favorites. But I also like Strawberries, Blueberries, Gooseberries!, Apples, Honeydew Melons and Oranges - those need to be good quality ones though to taste good. Nothing like a good apple, unfortunately these days most don't have a full flavor anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3910/13/2013

Please stop trying to make Durian happen. It's awful and will never be List-worthy.

Rambutan and Sarlak belong on the indy fruit list. They are B+ there. Passionfruit is a crossover.

Cantaloupe is C List.

by Anonymousreply 4010/13/2013

R38, I have a big fig tree. They're good, but not A-list. Where I live, lots of people have them.

I can't believe noone else but me has mentioned cherimoya. They are amazing, and $7 a fruit. I buy 1-2 every year.

There are so many things that are good fresh (supposedly mulberry, but I've never been lucky enough to try them), and all the little uncommon berry fruits and tropical fruits. Just goes to show that most of us have access to very little variety.

by Anonymousreply 4110/13/2013

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned tangelos and other frankenfood from Indian River Groves.

Jumbu bol is probably what you're thinking of.

by Anonymousreply 4210/13/2013

I love blackberries when they are sour.

by Anonymousreply 4310/13/2013

R43, come on over to my house! I have gobs of them on the bushes.

So.. wouldn't you want some of this fruit? I won't tell you what it is, but it's delicious.

Mark Twain called it "the most delicious fruit known to men."[3] The fruit is fleshy and soft, sweet, white in color, with a sherbet-like texture.

Some characterize the flavor as a blend of banana, pineapple, papaya, peach, and strawberry. Others describe it as tasting like commercial bubblegum. (no surprise, if one rolls under the seat in your car and you forget about it, a couple days later you'll get in your car and wonder where that intensely good candy smell is coming from - it's highly fragrant. It can do the same wondrous thing to your kitchen's scent)

Similar in size to a grapefruit, it has large, glossy, dark seeds that are easily removed. When ripe, the skin is green and gives slightly to pressure, similar to the avocado. Many people often chill and eat it with a spoon, which has earned it another nickname; the ice cream fruit.

by Anonymousreply 4410/13/2013

I love this thread. I was waiting for a horror movie twist in r44 where the mystery fruit turned out to be durian.

by Anonymousreply 4510/14/2013

A list = pretentious fruitz. Not good, just trendy and fancy unpronouncable names.

by Anonymousreply 4610/14/2013

R14 a banana Never ripens on the tree, they must be cut to ripen.

by Anonymousreply 4710/14/2013

Acai berries. Blah. Bleh. Just like Quinoa. Unheard of for centuries and suddenly all the rage only in restaurants that only take reservations exactly one month in advance.

by Anonymousreply 4810/14/2013

OK--If they have to be both rare and in demand that leaves us with Ranier Cherries.

by Anonymousreply 4910/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.