Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tina Turner's 1980s/90s bandmembers

Let's discuss them.

Were any of them queer? Jack Bruno? Ollie Marland?

Didn't Tina fuck her guitarist, James Ralston? Pianist Kenny Moore died while on tour with Tina in Australia in 1997. Then there was that sexy Timmy Cappello, who has not aged well.

What about her backing dancers (and twin sisters) Karen and Sharon Owens?

Let's hear some gossip.

by Anonymousreply 1810/26/2013

Here's the scoop, honey. They all old as dirt and no one cares about they drama no more. We all moved on, Gurl!

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2013

Go back even farther and inquire about Tina's constant touring of office parties and Safeway openings.

Girl worked hard!

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2013

Karen Owens danced for Janet Jackson during the Rhythm Nation era, appearing in several videos and dancing on her tour.

Timmy Cappello was a muscle bound god who also appeared in movies (The Lost Boys, Tap). If I was Tina I would have climbed him every night...

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2013

Timmy was a BEAST!

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2013

Bump for tea.

by Anonymousreply 610/22/2013

How is Tina RE: her gay fans? I don't think I have ever read her mentioning it.

by Anonymousreply 710/22/2013

"Timmy was a BEAST!!"

Just 5 words: Nut. Bush. Ten, I see.

by Anonymousreply 810/22/2013

[quote]How is Tina RE: her gay fans? I don't think I have ever read her mentioning it.

I've always noticed that too. She has NEVER even bothered to give a shout out to all of her gay fans. I've always found that disrespectful and makes me think she's homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 910/23/2013

Tina's "What's Love? Live" concert from 1993. I used to have this on VHS and I think I watched it at least as much for Timmy Cappello's hard, oiled body as for the fabulous Miss Tina. I was 14 at the time.

by Anonymousreply 1010/26/2013

Tim Cappello was also in the Lost Boys.

He left her band after the WILDEST DREAMS tour. He was upset with the way she handled her longtime piano player Kenny Moore's sudden death halfway through. He thought she should have cancelled a show or two out of respect because most of them had worked together for so long, but Tina announced the morning after he passed that the tour would keep going and they were going to replace him.

He has nothing but kind things to say about Tina, but admits that she is very businesslike and strict when it comes to how she runs her shows.

by Anonymousreply 1110/26/2013

She didn't need to court the gays.

by Anonymousreply 1210/26/2013

LSA claims she doesn't like to employ black people.

I presume at the very least her backing singers were black (or mixed)?

by Anonymousreply 1310/26/2013

Who is LSA? Kenny Moore was black. So are Karen and Sharon. What horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 1410/26/2013

Lipstickalley. There are some harsh threads on Tina there.

by Anonymousreply 1510/26/2013

The gist of the LA threads is that she has some self-loathing issues and doesn't associate with her kids or grandkids. Her granddaughter Raquel apparently called her out on FB at one point for not being in her life.

by Anonymousreply 1610/26/2013

What about the gayz?

by Anonymousreply 1710/26/2013

She was dunzo until she sang a song about being a nasty stripper when she was almost 50.

It's funny how life can change so quickly.

I love Tina.

by Anonymousreply 1810/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!